Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Picking up new crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suzune put a fingertip to her lips, and thought for a second. If this other man could handle combat, then she should probably leave the higher-performance PAs to him... That and she had read in some technical literature that the ELEMENTALs had a catheter as part of its life support system - something Suzune had no want to try out.

"Hmmn... I think I'll take an Ironman, I think. That's... a work model is it? I haven't heard of it before, is it proprietary? But, I'm better armed with tools than guns. I wouldn't want to take out a big powerful ELEMENTAL suit or something equally mad like the Kylie if there's someone who might need the performance to protect against pirates!"

"The Ironman is a non combat armor meant for salvage..."

Toshiro said, scratching the back of his head.

Dasanteki finished sorting out the fresh salvage. Mostly. He updated the manifest and sent it to Yggdrasill for Toshiro's attention:
Code:
Complete Unit (not checked):
Fully or mostly intact small warship, fairly easy to repair  (Geshrinari Light Freighter)
Hostile enemy mecha (might attempt to kill you) 

Armour:
Blast shutter assembly, Diamond Composite - ((excellent condition))
Spiral Airlock hatch (ripped off) - ((beyond repair))
Hatch from a ship - ((excellent condition))
Hatch from a ship - ((pitted and buckled))
Hatch from a ship - ((relatively intact))
Zesuaium Armor bulkhead, intact - ((ready to use))
Zesuaium Shoulder Spike - ((slight damage))
Complete Zanarium plate - ((ready to use))
Diamond Composite Armor chunk, some holes - ((medium damage)) 
Sharp shard of starship armor - ((useless except for scrap))

Various Components:
Lamia head - ((tested and in good condition))
Ship's bridge (IRIM) - ((mostly intact with some panel covers missing or damaged))

Plastic Building Bricks - ((LEGO!))
KS Card (5457 KS)
Civilian Clothing - ((ripped and tattered)) 
PRISM Volatile RAM 
Handheld communicator/camera with photos and diary stored on it - ((scratched but servicable))
Handheld communicator/camera with photos and diary stored on it - ((very good condition))
Mini Fridge - ((dented but functional))
Telepathic Activity Scanner components
Environmental system components, including air cleaner - ((some valuable spares))
Volumetric display projectors - ((repaired but still have intermittent fault))
Anti-gravity generator - ((tested and working))
gravitic repulsion shield generator components
Printer - ((not working))
Large Hydrogen Cell
Large Hydrogen Cell

Weaponry:
Damaged Positron Cannon (repairable)
Tactical Missile Launcher - ((servicable))
Tactical Missile Launcher - ((servicable))

Medical / Misc:
Random severed chunk of flesh
Mishhu Organic Computer Parts (dead, send to SA?)
Mishhu Organic Computer Parts (dead, send to SA?)
Severed tentacle 
Blood Stained Shackles 
Random Torture Device - Mod selected

Disgusting biomass
Disgusting biomass
Antimatter glob (dangerous!) - (('fed' to the Yggdrasill))

Unknown Variants:
Section of Scalar Wave Array - ((NAM Na-DSA-XX Directed Scalar Array ??))
Section of Scalar Wave Array - ((Universally Networked Scalar Array Field Emitter ??))
*unsure which version of scalar we salvaged*
While he waited for a reply, he carried on with his little positron cannon project.

After giving her little 'affirmation' to the Yggdrasil's AI and getting all worked up, Noelani then suddenly remembered she promised Agrael she would follow her to check out her children as well as meet Nurse Mel. If the computer wanted an apology it would ask for it when it liked, so no sense waiting around. The Azorean thus took to wandering carefully through the corridor of the ship for awhile in her bare webbed feet, taking in the sights on the way. There was certainly a lot of interesting things packed into the small Vampire vessel, but she resisted the urge to poke at every little thing she saw for right now.

Finally she arrived in was appeared to be the medical bay, leaning her turquoise haired and blue skinned head into the room. "Yo, Agrael? You there?"

(paging Tyler/Fay!)

After spending a little while with the weapon and not getting much further, Dasanteki decided to give up on it for now. Once finished cleaning his work area he grabbed a drink, then sent a message to Toshiro enquiring about the GLF and potential PA problem, also to see if he needed a hand.

Mel looked over at the Azorean that poked her head in. "Shhh." She said and gestured for her to come on in. "They just fell asleep." the majorly busty, large-winged elysian medic said. "Feel free to look but please don't touch." she said. "I"m Melissiel..Mel for shhort." she smiled prettily.

"Oh, so you must be nurse Mel. Wow, there's a lot of Areeka's descendants here on this ship..." commented the surfer chick with a musical undertone, as she sauntered on inside and glanced at the sleeping cherubim once, before giving a good-natured wave to the Elysian. "Call me Noelani; I'm the radical newbie on board!" Then she realized she was being a bit loud and toned down the introductory shout with a slight blush as to not wake the kiddies up. "Not exactly an Azorean spawnling, but they sure still are cute little tykes. Agrael's twins, right?"

Mel nodded to her and smiled a bit but blinked hearing one of the babies stir some. Little Nate was fluttering his tiny wings irately at the loud noises and began to wake up and fuss, prompting Mel to pick him up gently. "Shhhh..." she said and began to rock the little cherub. "Areeka?" She blinked at Noelani a bit as she sat down and kept gently rocking the fussy baby.

Agrael had to step out for the moment, but when she returned, the Elysian found Noelani viewing her children. "Oh, hi, Noe-dear," she whispered with a grin. "Glad you could make it." Her hands were holding her hips as she walked over to Mel. "Nate being fussy again, I see? Do you want me to hold him? You've already done so much for me with them.. I hate to burden you even more." Her grin turned into a full-blown smile as she knew that Mel was yearning to be a mother anyways.

Noelani spared a little giggle as Agrael came in and she gave Mel a good-natured smile. "I bet you'd be a wonderful nursemaid on Azorea. Those special females do nothing but take care of the entire city state's children all day long. Now that's one tough job," commented Noelani, as she gave a slight stretch of her lithe body and found a seat nearby, her blueish tail swishing from side to side. "Oh, and that's a little quirk of my people's religion. See... I was taught that the Goddesses all have different races in outer space that we'll bump into someday, so I tend to call you Elysians 'children of Areeka' because you are obviously from the patron of the winds with those primo wings and everything!"

Pausing a moment to put her slim blue fingers to her chin, the Azorean surfer added in a curious set of tones: "Come to think of it, with the twins that means there's 5 of you on board now. Are Elysians really that popular out there in the big universe?"

Mel gently handed the calming infant over to his mother and turned to Noelani. "oh I see. Well that makes sense." She said and looked her over and orbited her for a moment. "You have interesting features yourself." Mel giggled a little.

Noelani tried to stretch her neck around and follow Mel as she swirled about the Azorean. Here we go again with the oogling, but at least this time it wasn't so uncomfortable like Lyshana eyeing her up like a science project. "I'm built to swim, but I envy you a little bit, born with those wings. With a pair of those puppies... who knows how far I could glide on the stormwinds above my planet's oceans. I had to earn mine, so to speak, building crafts to shoot the curls the hard way." Chuckling once, her musical voice tittered: "But now I've reached the stars at last, and the view is positively killer from up here!"

Mel would smile at Noelani and tilted her head a bit, making mental notes about any possible medical issues tha tmight come up. Mel would walk over to a console to see an update on any then remembered Toshiro's request for personnel. "Oh dear. I was so preoccupied with the infants that I didn't notice at all..." she said in a surprised tone. She would put in a communication to the commodore.

"Commodore, I may be a medic but I do have combat experience. I'd be happy to lend my assistance if you need it." She said. "I apologize for the delay in this response, I was busy with teh infants."

Toshiro nodded, sending a reply.

"All who are willing, please put on your armors. I'll be taking the Water2. The Power Armors available are the Fire1, the Air2, the Kylie, the Enhanced Demon, and 6 Demons from the Leviathan. Mel will have to take her personal Power Armor.

Command will be given to the ship herself, until we return."

He rose, smiling at the ship's ceiling.

"You're a big girl now, so I think it's time you were able to command yourself in this situation...alright?"

Yggdrasill gave a swift reply.

"Understood, Father. I will not throw any wild parties.

With that, Toshiro went off to suit up in the Water2.

Mel would look at Agrael for a moment and nodded. "I'll leave them to you, after all you're their mom, not me." she said cheerfully but seemed a bit sad at the thought and left the room. The elysian would go and change her peplos into an elysian pilot suit that was specially made to accomodate her wings by allowing them to protrude from slots in the back of the shoulders. She'd head down to the armor bay she'd originally landed in and stretched herself out some.

Her sizable breasts bouncing slightly as she did and went to the Antheodon and activated it's systems and let it do its self-diagonostics. Soon enough it'd open up to admit it's pilot and Mel stepped into it and the armor closed around her, customized to fit her figure: giving the armor a distinctly feminine look. She'd pull her hair up so it would seal int the helmet and smiled at the others. "How do I look?" she asked, stretching out the armor's wings since her own were sheathed inside them.

Toshiro, who came out next, gave a thumbs up.

"It looks fine! And I like this Water2. It has a Combat-grade version of Eve in it...not sentient, but able to move the armor by reading my thoughts...even a rookie like me can pilot it!"

Aendri headed to the bay, and started suiting up to use the AIR2. It seemed like the best fit, and the most suitable for him. Quickly running a system shakedown, since he was unsure of how long it had been since it had been used, He ran a quick system analysis, then configured the controls to be more like the Yamataian armors he had used.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back