• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: SRSS Yggdrasill Picking up new crew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dasanteki, after being informed of the upcoming battle, went over to the Yggdrasill to suit up.

Once arriving in the bay, he looked around at the unassigned PAs. Though he would've liked to use the Kylie he decided on the Fire1 as it was more of a support unit than a melee unit and simpler to use as an inexperienced pilot.

Once fully suited up, he began to familiarise himself with the controls while running through various diagnostic checks. Once the checks had been done and given the all clear Dasanteki moved around the Bay a little, getting the feel of the Fire.

During all of this, Suzune moved over to the Kylie, taking a brief moment to pocket her glasses (no longer needing the fashion statement nor the engineering optics) suit up, glad at least that this was an old-model Yamataian PA rather than the newer ones with the (in her mind rather icky) hemosynth. After a brief moment registering with the systems, the engineer began moving around in the suit, again glad that it was neural controlled. Just from checking the systems manifests and other things she remembered from powered EVA work, she already realized that it was far more complex than any civilian unit.

Even so, she began walking around, moving to join up with the others. She reported back to Toshiro, standing near the bay doors.

'It is now! Ready to go..."

Toshiro smiled.

"Alright, we've got everyone we need...let's go then."

He went out into space, and the armor quickly turned upside down.

"....Sorry....not quite used to this model yet..."

After some struggling and odd positions, he returned to an upright position.

"Phew!"

Mel giggled at Toshiro's antics and launched herself into space, her huge wings pumping slowly as she did. It was unneeded but for her it was a reflexive response to being off the ground for a prolonged period of time. It didn't do much for movement as there wasn't really anything in space to use to keep her aloft but it did kind o fmake the strain on her armor easier.

"It's your first time Commodore?" she asked Toshiro politely."If you want I can train you guys later if you want." Mel smiled in her helmet and waited for the to get situated. "I fyou want, I'll go in first and you can cover me." she said, shouldering her rifle.

Dasanteki followed the others out of the bay, a little behind as he was still getting used to the PA.

Once out in space he began to catch up. He wasn't sure about spending a couple hours in the PA, especially with the back plate digging into his back.

Agrael was preoccupied with watching both infants sleep. They were cuddling and nuzzling each other in an innocent, childish way. Their baby Elysian wings flapped occasionally in their sleep, as if imagining themselves soaring through the air in flight. Their mother smiled and tucked a blanket over both of them before returning to watching them, accidentally ignoring the Azorean and anyone else still in the medical bay.

Suddenly, a stream of weapons fire came out from behind a chunk of metal near the ship. a Power Armor of yet undetermined make had opened fire on the approaching Yggdrasill Team, but hit a shunk of nearby adrift armor instead.

"AH! I KNEW it!"

He aimed the LBR, and fired a stream of positrons at the PA. The PA dodged and darted into the ship...

(I'm writing this on the assumption that the AIR 2 is fitted out like the AIR2 Lancer on the wiki, if not, let me know, I'll fix it.)

Aendri quickly flitted in, dropping from the side, and firing a series of 15 RDL-02a darts at the armor, and following about 30 meters behind them, activating his KFL-01a as he went.

Above and further back from Toshiro, Dasanteki saw the enemy and fired the PBL, managing two shots before the enemy PA retreated. Both shots missed.

Sighing, he followed the lead PA towards the freighter, keeping an eye out for the enemy, while readying his FEC.

Mel eeped at the attack and flapped her wings out of the way and evaded the incoming fire. She would use her military computer to trace the trajectory and shifted into stealth by the volumetric system. She'd vanish from Toshiro and Dasen's visual field and began to slowly move to avoid being found by her thruster emissions. She'd essentially "drift" to a position to try and see past the chunk of debris. Mel would push her sensor net out as far as it could go to figure out what fired at them.

All the while, Suzune moved to the doors, and just... stepped out. She was very familiar with less well-equipped units than milspec PAs, so one thing she tended to do was keep her initial velocity to a minimum, lest she go far out of control and burn all her fuel. As soon as she got underway, though, she fired up the PA's CFS and began moving forward, actually soaring out fairly well!

"So, let's do this! I concur on hanging back, I'll keep at ready for any pirates though. This thing is... mele-"

She was stopped by the sudden burst of fire! Thinking fast, Suzune poked through the systems, stopping and leaving only inertia as she tried whatever she could. Eventually, she figured out that there was active camo, and turned it on, barrelling ahead at top speed towards the freighter, waiting to get closer. She was going on sheer adrenaline, and wasn't considering whether or not she was flying into an ambush...

The enemy seemed quite surprised at the various types of Armor being used. Elysian, Nepleslian, Yamataian. When the group began to break apart using different tactics, and two PA vanished from sensors, the ship's systems began to fire at whatever they could. The weapons seemed to have been damaged somewhat though, that this widened the blind spots to exploit...one of them being the hatch the enemy PA had used.

Mel would remain where she was, drifting toward her target and stopped, hovering in a blind spot she'd detected. "Right...there." she said and fired a transphased plasmatic shot toward the hatch the enemy was using. the subspace weapon might be a little extreme and she disliked using it against a living being but it could be problematic, she only hoped it'd do enough damage to perhaps just disable the enemy.

Aendri moved in but then held back when he saw that Mel was firing. He prepped a volley of 30 RDL-02 darts, and set the lance to its maximum range. He would then move in the second he knew it was safe after Mel's attacks.

All the while, Suzune was still rushing in... all the way up until good sense told her to back off from the ridiculous wave of spatial shredding. At which point the engineer backed off, thinking of what to do... She was certainly not familiar with this kind of thing!

Aendri noticed a certain note of uncertainty in Suzune's movement, and sent a quick message to her PA.
If you're nervous, take it easy, and hold back. Both Mel and I are combat trained, and Toshiro-san has some combat experience.

The hatch which had just closed to shield the attacker blew apart, revealing a Crooken Demon inside. It fired wildly, trying to hit the stealthed Power Armor it KNEW was there, and anyone else around. Its aim was not good, but it was enough to make one reconsider getting in too close.

"It doesn't want us approaching the ship! It's protecting something!" Toshiro said over the radio.

Seeing the enemy PA firing back and the lack of accuracy, Dasanteki decided to try flying off towards the port side of the freighter. His idea was to either draw the enemy fire and allow the more experienced pilots to take a shot or if he managed to close unseen then attempt to attack the enemy from a flanking position.

That's Yamataian technology? Or Nepleslian? Mel wondered for a moment, furrowing her brow behind the customized, feminine face of the armor and broke her stealth and flapped her wings activating the propulsion system in them and strafed the incoming shots. She'd read about the aether abilities of these armors through studying Yamataian technology that was public knowledge. "Don't let those beams hit you, they're aetheric and will do terrible damage to not only your armor but you too." she alerted the others and fired a few more transphasic plasma shots at the armor, aiming for the head to take out the key systems in it.

Aendri launched the swarm of 30 missiles, attempting to coat the head of the PA with explosions, possibly overloading the PA's visuals. He then ran a quick loop over, and landed on top of the ship behind the PA, planning on either catching the PA by surprise and attacking it from behind, or using the PA's namesake Weapon to cut through the hull, and get behind it that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…