• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Post Mission 1] Liberty Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chikai typed a quick message to Commander Fleming.
Commander Fleming
Going to take advantage of opportunity to get to know fellow crew members.
PO-3 Kenshin Chikai

Chikai quickly made his way to the airlock, and out into the hangar. He saw several personnel walking towards the exit. He increased his pace until he was a short distance behind them. Best to not come running up like a child chasing their older sibling. he thought.

He slowed down to a walk he called out. "Excuse me, are you folks members of the UCS Zenpyou crew?"

“Anything sounds good right now,” Roken said as he followed behind only to stop when the voice called out to them. He turned around to see who it was, “Yup, I'm thinking your a new transfer to our crew right?” Roken gave the crewmen a chance to close the distance before extending a hand. “Name's Roken Techard, nice to meet you.”

Roken made sure he was not blocking him from Alice and Adrian since he was a rather large individual.

Alice looked back and stopped to let the man catch up. Right now, she wouldn't mind getting to know new people. At least she could leave her train of thoughts be. "Sure we are, my name is Alice Mason, Peacekeeper recruit. Pleased to meet you," she said to the new person.

Chikai paused a moment to catch the names of the two who responded to him. Then he took the proffered hand giving it a firm handshake. "A pleasure to make your acquaintances. Yes, I am a new transfer to the Zenpyou. My name is Kenshin Chikai. Would you mind my coming along? The Commander said most of the crew was off ship, and I would like the opportunity to get to know some of you before we ship out."

Alice looked at Kenshin. It was good to meet with the rest of the crew. She only knew Adrian, Rokken and Natsuko. It would be good to be mates with others too.

"I wouldn't mind you tagging along," said Alice to Kenshin.

"Neither would I," said Adrian turning around. He smiled at Kenshin, "the name's Adrian Tsukai, it's a pleasure to meet you. Always good to see new faces."

"So was there some place in particular that you were all heading to?" Chikai asked. He considered the names of the others and realized there could be some confusion. "Oh, just so you folks know, Kenshin is my family name."

"Okay Kenshin.....-san. We were just talking about that and figured out we could use something to eat," said Alice to the Peacekeeper. "We don't really know our way around here so I thought we could just go and get into first restaurant we meet along the way."

Roken gave Kenshin a nod. “Well if things get to confusing I'll just call you Ken for short....if that's alright.” He gave him a friendly nudge before turning around, his stomach was starting to talk and that meant it was time to find a place to eat fast....well to him that's what it meant so he was going to just go with his gut on this one.

“Yeah that's pretty much the plan,” Roken said as he started to walk again, “and I'm feeling that were close....I hope.” Roken took a quick glance back at the others, “come on once we find a place we can get comfortable and get to know each other a little more before we get another assignment.”

"If I can call you Tech-san," Chikai said with a grin returning Roken's nudge. "I like this plan, simple direct, and accomplishes the desired goal," he replied feeling his stomach remind him that he had not eaten in a while.

"Let's go then," said Alice and turned away to start walking away. "It is large station, I bet there will be a lot of restaurants."

Chikai was content to eat wherever the group decided, so he was content to follow the others.

Group walked the corridors for a while until they met a restaurant. It looked like they served a lot of different kinds of food. "This should do," said Alice and walked in and sat at a table.

Chikai walked in behind Alice. He could feel his stomach urging him to feed it like some beast. He took a seat that the table with Alice and looked for a menu.

At each table were several colorful brochures with the Resturaunt's menu. The menu offered a fusion of Nepleslian, Yamataian and local Siren cuisine. The Chef's's specials included what it considered to be a legendary deep fried ham and white cheese sandwich served with a side of raspberry jam; a deep fried fish dish called, "Kogal Diavolis" and a rich, creamy crustacean and potato soup called, "Crabby's Tater Soup". Aside from the specials it did offer various traditional Yamataian noodle, seafood , sushi and hibachi style dishes while it's Nepleslian fare was more of the stimburger, beer, hot wing and deep fried cheese and potato variety.

"I don't know about you but I am starving," said Alice as she browsed the menus. The specialty looked 'interesting' but Alice could do without tasting that. When she was ready to order she picked a fried noodle dish with chicken meat. It was tasty and there was usually a lot of it .

Chikai perused the fare on the menu. Some of it sounded fairly adventurous but the last time he tried strange food it had not agreed with him. Better to play it safe and eat something I am familiar with on my first day with the crew. he thought. Looking up from the menu, "I am quite hungry as well. Especially for something other than mass produced chow hall food," he answered. Returning to the menu, he spotted what appealed to him. "The noodles and stir-fried beef sounds good to me."

A woman with straight blonde hair and blue streaks that hung neatly over her left eye in a soft veil approached the table, her outfit was just as eccentric as the menu- the top was an electric blue cut into a kimono style with short sleeve, but she wore a large variety of multicolored bracelets on her forearms and her skirt was a dark blue pleated leather with a white Yamataian style gun belt minus the holsters. The height of the platform heel of her white leather calf boots gave her an extra 6 inches of height and helped accentuate her long, well formed light blue lace covered legs. She smiled at the Peacekeepers as she pulled a small datapad from her blouse. "Are you ready to order or do you need a few more minutes?"

"Well, I know what I want, one Crabby's Tater Soup please," said Adrian looking up to the waitress giving her a smile, "sounds interesting."

"Well, I will take number four. The fried noodles with chicken," said Alice after Adrian. "I hope there will be lot of it, I am quite hungry," she added and smiled. "Not that they don't cook well in the chow-hall on Zenpyou, but no matter what anyone says it is still army food."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back