• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Post Mission 1] Liberty Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roken took a sip of his beer slowly, eyes closed as he remembered the last time he even had alcohol…which was hard since it’s been too long. “Thank you, this is perfect,” Roken said as he took a deeper sip while the others watched the news on the holopainting.

“I guess if the news is not going into detail, then maybe we should just go and check it out…..after we eat,” Roken opened an eye when Alice shouted fire but quickly closed it while his mind drifted back to his drink.

"Okay then." said Alice. "Food first. Emergency later. I sure hope se they won't have to call us in. Zenpyou is damaged anyway. I think it won't be helpful much."

Kayla beamed at Roken's gratitude and disappeared into the back of the restaurant again to check on their food order.

Meanwhile, the surrounding diners in the restaurant went about their afternoon as if nothing was going on in the station outside. They seemed unphased by the PA call for the damage control teams. Some of them murmured about it being another training drill and some thought it had to do something with shoddy wiring jobs on the older ship rigs.

A soft thunder clap echoed throughout the station that was immediately followed by a tremor of sorts- the floor vibrated and caused the warning red lights to come on. "Please do not be alarmed, the earlier incident has been contained to that hangar bay. We are currently working to reset the fire loop to turn off the alarms. Stay tuned for more updates to follow," the PA chirped reassurances as many of the diners seemed slightly more perturbed by the escalation of the situation.

"Now this seem even more shady," said Alive quietly. She didn't want non-peacekeepers in the restaurant to hear her and get all panicky. "Fire normally doesn't cause tremors of large space station, does it? Explosion could though."

Roken set his drink down rather quickly at the rumble, “no...no they dont but an explosion yes.” He looked at the others for a moment then back to the direction the waitress had walked to before standing up. “I'm thinking breaks over I think we should go and see how bad this fire actually is.”

Unfortunately Roken didn't wait for a response, he was already up and heading out towards the direction of the emergency teams, all he remembered was the location announced on the PA, 6Z I think. He would just have to ask someone if he got lost.

Kayla saw the brisk movement of Roken towards the door and called back, "Should I box up the food and have it delivered to your ship, sir? We can auto-charge it to your account," she suggested sweetly as she picked up the tray holding their food orders.

A blinking light appeared on the group's communicators (indicating that they have messages waiting) as the soft rumbling continued to echo through the station below them.

Alice turned to waitress and said, "I think all of you food will have to be boxed." Then she stood up and walked to Rokken, reading the message on communicator along the way.

Chikai stood up as soon as he felt the tremor. A fire could cause secondary explosions, but would mean it was out of control, and damaging other systems. he thought. He turned to Kayla, "That would be fine, ma'am." He said as he moved towards Roken and pulled out his communicator to see what the message was.

Commander S. Fleming said:
ATTENTION ALL PEACEKEEPERS:
PLEASE PROCEED TO YOUR ASSIGNED SHIPS AS CALMLY AND PEACEFULLY AS YOU CAN. WE ARE TRYING TO KEEP THIS SITUATION AS QUIET AS WE CAN WITHOUT PANICKING THE GENERAL PUBLIC. MORE DETAILS ARE PENDING AS THE STATION STAFF ARE BEING TIGHT-LIPPED ABOUT IT. WE ARE IMPLEMENTING A TEMPORARY RECALL TO HELP CONTROL THE SITUATION AS BEST WE CAN. FURTHER INFORMATION IS TO FOLLOW ONCE YOU RETURN TO YOUR SHIPS.

MESSAGE FORWARDED BY CDR S. FLEMING
MESSAGE ORIGINATOR: SCDR B. BLAKE

Kayla nodded, "All righty then! I'll have it delivered to the Zenpyou then? Sorry you guys have to work after all, good luck and be safe!" She beamed at them and went about the process of boxing up their food orders.

"Thank you," said Alice to Kayle and turned to others. Now this was getting interesting. This was probably the shortest liberty call in all the history. It was at least in Alice's history.

SHe has read her message and then said to others. "Okay then, let's calmly and peacefully hurry up."

Chikai grinned at Alice and replied, "I believe the operative phrase is walking with purpose. After you ma'am."

"Walking with purpose? I like that," said Alice and smiled. "And how deserve ma'am? I am still only recruit. But I appreciate the politenes Chikai-san."

Hey look at it! Gentlemen haven't died out yet!

Roken skimmed through the message, face neutral as he looked back at the others, all he could do was smile as they walked passed them, “thank you for everything ma'am ill be paying for all this so charge it from my account.” He paused at the entrance leaning against it a little as the others moved purposefully to the Zen. “I hope I get you as our waitress again the next time we stop in.”

Roken let Chikai and Alice walk in front of him, waiting till they were fare enough away from anyone else that might hear them before leaning in to speak, “It must be serious if they need everyone back there ships all hush hush like.”

"Definitely not just a fire, if that were the case they would ask for people to report to the fire location to assist. Something is screwed up bad and they do not want to panic the civilians." Chikai replied increasing his stride just a bit more to get back sooner.

"See what I meant when I said it wasn't going to end good for us?" said Adrian falling behind Chikai. "I mean it was rather wierd for it be a fire, things are just getting worse. I guess it means I'll need to fix something"

"Keep you voices down folks, there are people around." said Alice and tried to smile. "We are just peaceful peacekeeper getting back from lunch. Nothing more. HQ does good thing, if they want to evade panic."

Their hurried pace down the corridors brought them swiftly back to the hatch leading back into Hangar 13 on 7B. It took a couple tries for the door to recognize their authorization accesses and actually open but it did slowly slide open with a loud grinding sound, like the mechanism suddenly didn't have enough power to open or that mechanism had been broken.

The rumbling noise beneath them quieted and...
((Continued in the new thread: viewtopic.php?f=96&t=4988 ))

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back