• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Post Mission 1] Liberty Call

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I'm not that adventurous when it comes to food. I'll take a number nine- the noodles and stir-fried beef and an iced tea. Please," Chikai said to the waitress. He folded the menu and handed it to the woman.

Roken followed the others into the restaurant, remaining silent until they finally found themselves a seat and menus.

I have not had a stimburger in long time, Roken thought to himself as he gave the menu one last look over.

He looked over at the waitress that approached the table and smiled at how attractive she was but quickly pulled himself away to avoid staring too hard at her as the others began to order, “well...I'll take the stimburger and the hot wings....and a beer to drink.” He closed his menu and gave the menu to the waitress to stop himself from ordering more that he could actually eat.

The waitress dutifully recorded all of their orders with the audio record function of her data pad and smiled as she collected the menus, "And I only got two drinks orders, did you want a pitcher of beer and tea or would you two like something different to drink?" She asked cheerfully. "We have both Nekocola and Nepsi porducts if you are looking for carbonated beverages."

Meanwhile on the outskirts of the Colonies,

Pandemonium broke out as a squadron of ships appeared out of the void of space and opened fire on the patrolling forces. With so little time to react, many of the ships didn't survive the initial attacks. It left their forces in tatters and the survivors confused. As suddenly as the attacks began, they ended. It left everyone wondering- Where had those ships come from? Were they pirates or were they NMX?

The surviving ships retreated to Siren system as other Peacekeeper vessels in the neighboring systems went on alert. The news of the attacks hadn't quite hit Mayer Station as the current forward deployed ships swept the outskirts of the Colonies in force, searching for the ships that had attacked their comrades.

"I'll try Nekocola then," said Alice. Well, it could be tasty. She then looked at Kenshin and said, "So Chikai-san, is Zenpyou also your first post?"

"Yes, the Zenpyou is my first shipboard station. I spent a few months doing research at the MFY shipyards studying their design and production methods. I am eager to finally be doing something productive. How long have you been assigned to the ship Alice?"

"Around ten days," said Alice and smiled. "It is my first post and I am very glad to be there. It is good ship. But to tell the true I hope there won't be much work for me," she added.

“I will take a pitcher of beer thank you,” Roken smiled while he listened in on the conversation between his fellow crew members.

He chuckled a little at what Alice said but kinda understood seeing how she was still new and has only been on one mission that was a little rough at the start, “well Alice, you never know, we could be doing patrols or running training drills until something else happens.” Roken added as he leaned in his chair, “and like I said before you handled yourself well on our last assignment and so anything else we have, either big or small will be nothing compared to handling traders and colonists.”

"Heh, yeah. Dealing with pirates would be muuuch easier. There you know what you can expect," said Alice and chuckled. "But that would mean I have to get to work, which means it is bad enough. Well, I can still give a hand at the infirmary, when we are not expected to fight I suppose."

"All righty, I'll be back in a shake with your drinks, my name is Kayla is you need anything," the waitress smiled with a nod and was off to make sure that the order got sent to the cook's display.

Meanwhile,

The ships damaged in the sneak attack slowly started appearing and requesting clearance to dock at Meyer Station but something went wrong. One ship had started its descent towards the parking apron into the hangar and lost control of its ability to slow down or pull up...

The Zenpyou crew members could hear a hurried request over the station's PA, "Attention all Damage Control personnel, report to Hangar 6Z! This is a code black!" Very few of the other diners seemed concerned about the announcement as a small team of Peacekeeper Damage Control personnel ran past the restaurant as they cut across the concourse to get to the hangar on the far side of the station.

"What the..!? What's going on?" said Adrian alarmed by the announcement, "this doesn't concern us... yet, but something tells me this isn't going to end up well for us..."

"Actualy I would much rather return to Zenpyou. We don't know what can come up. Maybe our Liberty will get canceled," said Alice. She looked a little nervous. By Amaterasu! What is going on? "Also code black doesn't sound good at all."

After hearing the alarm and seeing the personnel responding Chikai thought to himself; I have a feeling that our meal is about to be interrupted. A shame it smells like the food is good here.

"So do we wait for a recall order? Or be proactive and return to the ship now? Although if we are going to bail, we should probably at least pay for the meal." he offered.

"True," said Alice. "I would feel more calm if we returned to ship. I mean we don't know what happened and it is better to be ready. We have whole week of Liberty so if nothing happens we can return here later," she added. She had a bad feeling about this.

Calling damage control team into hangar meant severely damaged ship or bad landing. Both are not exactly good thing.

Roken folded his arms as he thought about what to do, they could leave now and head back to the ship but if it was serious enough to have them pulled from there break then it would be announced...and besides....He was hungry, “If they call us back to the ship then we go, no sense running back there is already another group handing the situation right now.” Roken continued to lean in his seat while he waited for his food, still looking out the door through the corner of his augmented eyes.

Deep down Roken wanted to go, not to the ship but to where the emergency was at, only to see what was going on and what happened. If its serious then they will call us....better to enjoy the food before going back on duty again. Roken thought to himself.

Alice sighed a little. "Okay. Let's stay and enjoy our food," she said. "But be ready if they call us back. And keep it low with alcohol." She then leaned back on her chair and wondered what happened.

Kayla returned to their table with a swish of her skirt and a smile with the tray of drinks in hand, "Here you are. Your food will be out shortly. Do you all need anything else?"

Chikai accepted his glass from Kayla. "Thank you ma'am." He took a sip and savored it. He smiled, "This is good tea Kayla. I don't suppose this place has a vid-display so we can catch up on the news?" He inquired hoping to at least get an idea of what was happening while they waited for their meal.

"Of course, I'll turn it on for you," Kayla responded with a smile as she turned towards a large monitor across from the Peacekeepers which had previously been functioning as a holopainting and tapped her data pad a couple times. The painting faded and was replaced by the station's news channel which only slightly mentioned a fire being handled by the station's damage control teams. There was a story running about the ongoing pirate situation which mentioned the UCS Zenpyou's last mission as a prime example of how the Colonies were handling pirates.

"I see," said Alice. "They don't know much yet. They are focusing on Zenpyou and they are only letting as little information from that Hangar as they can. Fire! Ha!" SHe shouted. "Anyone could guess that!" she added and stopped talking. She hypnotized holopainting and looked at it.

"I agree with you there, a fire isn't likely to demand the reponse it recieved. I'm going to guess some thing bigger happened, but I have no idea what" said Adrian eyeing the monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back