• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Eucharis [Post Mission 5] A Time for Recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally, when the staff could wait no longer, the DJ got on the mic and announced that the next song would be the last of the night. Couples held each other close and the energy seemed to wind down as the dance's conclusion sunk in. When the song came to a close, staffer at the edge of the dance floor were joined by a pair of humming cargo STVs, onto which the speakers and their tripods were loaded. Meanwhile, the DJ stand was rolled off of its stage via ramp and onto the back of a Type 30 Cargo Truck. As the thunder rumbled above, and the first rain began to fall, all of the equipment was transported to a service garage.

The beach-level lobby was stuffed with people, some of whom had been caught in the rain. A cacophony of conversation, accented by laughter, filled the air.

Nika giggled at Hotaru's remark, "Well, I doubt we will find that out..." As soon as she replied, the wind started to pick up and hotel staffers were gathering as if in preparation to keep the sound equipments, "Shall we make our way back to the hotel, Takeda-hei? The incoming storm might be coming in fast." With that, she grabbed Junko's hand and started walking back to the hotel.

It was fortunate the duo arrived at the hotel early. Soon, rain started to pour and party-goers shuffled into the lobby.

"Looks like the party is off for the night." Nika sighed, regretted that she did not get to the dance floor, "Do you want to call it a night, or chat a little more?"

((OOC: I Hope Sean_ODuibher don't mind me modding abit on his character.))

Feeling the change in conditions, Hotaru took one last look at the strengthening sea before she got up and after dusting herself off, grabbed the bottle and glass then made her way towards the hotel.

Hearing the DJ's announcement and watching his crew pack up and the revellers head towards the hotel, Hotaru thought it was high time to head to bed.

She was almost at the hotel lobby when the heavens really opened and she got somewhat wet. Not discouraged she just continued at her leisurely pace into the hotel, wet was wet.

Looking around she saw several pairs of couples either talking or in...advanced stages of negotiation. Waving to the few she recognised, she made her way to her room, fumbling to get her key out.

Once inside, Hotaru set her alarm to wake her up before she stripped naked and grabbed a quick shower. Exiting the shower, she had enough time to dry herself and towel her hair damp before falling asleep without even getting dressed for bed.

When the DJ announced that the next song would be the last he looked over at Kumiko. "I know you said you aren't good at dancing, but...." His voice trailed off as he couldn't think of exactly how to finish the sentence. Hoping she would understand what he meant he looked back at the dance floor and the back at her.

Kumiko stood up, and dusted some of the sand off of her dress. "It's worth a shot. If nothing else, you'll get a good laugh." Shaking her head, she extended her hand to Ramiro.

Ramiro smiled at her as he took her had and led her onto the dance floor. When the song came on he placed his hand on her waist and began to lead her in slow dance. During the song he couldn't help but to stare at her admiringly and whenever he did he would get the biggest grin on his face.

Just as the song finished it started to rain at which point he quickly put his jacket over Kumiko in order to keep her warm and dry and then took her by the hand and hurried towards the hotel in order to beat the crowds.

Junko was a little startled when Himeya grabbed her hand. She started to pull back at first, but decided it would probably be considered rude. Besides, the neko appeared to have the sort of overly-peppy disposition that would brook no refusal. At any rate, making it into the hotel lobby before the rain began was a welcome side effect; Junko supposed the least she could do in gratitude was talk a bit more if the neko wanted to. β€œMmm, I’m not particularly tired. Whatever you’d like to do, Himeya-hei.”

The next morning, the shuttle was scheduled to leave at a generously late 9am. Hanako, dressed in her uniform, was up fairly early, beating the rush to the hotel's breakfast area to get make herself a waffle on the nifty machine on the hot breakfast bar.

Eucharis was ready to get back to work. KFY technicians had worked on the ship all night, making modifications and repairing damage; Hanako was looking forward to seeing her soon.

Outside, the rain from the night before was still falling on the waiting shuttles in windswept sheets.

Sune woke at his wake-up call. Rising from the must luxrious bed he had ever slept in, he walked over to the windows and opened the blinds enough to check the weather. Sadly the rain had not abated, Well, so much for watching the sunrise and getting a morning swim, may as well go through my kata. he thought. He walked to the center of the room, and settled into the familiar rythmn of the kata.

After completing the kata, he grabbed a quick shower, and dressed back into his uniform. Packed up his possessions, and headed down to the breakfast bar. Once he arrived he checked out the breakfast bar. He opted for something fairly simple, scrambled eggs, a few strips of bacon, and some toast. After adding a glass of juice to his tray, he looked around, this early the room was fairly empty. He saw Hanako sitting at a table, and chose a table close to one of the windows. As he walked towards his table, he nodded towards her and said, "Good Morning Taisa."

As more party goers filling up the lounge and filtered to other parts of the hotel, it seemed that getting away from the din had became a piority for Nika.

"As much as I want to chat with you more Takeda-hei, but..." She pulled down her ears, shaking the ringing feeling from her head, "My sensitive ears are giving me problems." She try her best not to look distressed, "Music is one thing, multitude of voices is another. Maybe we can catch up tommorrow onwards." She apologised, mentally noting down to buy a pair of ear plugs or something similar, "Lets get back to our rooms before the crowd starts to think the same way."

Nika got to her room and sighed, the ringing tone fading away. "Too much bass and loud noises tonight..." She shook her head, falling onto the soft bed, falling asleep almost immediately.

Morning came and the neko's bio-clock got her up early. She took a quick shower, got her uniform on, and headed down to the breakfast bar. Not many people had arrived yet, except for Hanako and Sune, which was lucky for her as she browsed through the bar, finally picking up several tuna sandwiches and a glass of orange juice before settling down at an empty table to eat.

Once inside the hotel Ramiro invited Kumiko to room with him if she hadn't a room yet. Without waiting for a reply he handed her a key card and went up to his room. Once morning had come he went downstairs to the lobby where he grabbed some cereal for breakfast. Looking around for a place to sit he saw Hanako and walked over. "Good morning Taisa. Is this seat taken?"

Naturally waking up at her usual time around 0600, Hotaru stretched and got up. She proceeded to do a few stretches to loosen herself up then hit the bathroom to get ready for breakfast.

A short while later, Hotaru got dressed into her uniform, glad she had packed it as she always tried to be prepared for anything. Feeling a little naked without her sidearm, she finished packing her carryall, grabbed the room key and headed down to breakfast.

After dropping off her key, she entered the breakfast area, surprised to see several others already up and eating. Getting some cereal and several rounds of buttered toast, she loaded it onto a tray with some milk. Her eyes lit up as she looked towards the jams and decided to endulge herself a little by getting some of her favourite jam. Looking around the area, she decided to sit with Nika. "Morning Taisa," she said as she passed by her table, nodding to Ramiro.

"Morning Nika-chan, do you mind if I sit here?" Hotaru asked Nika with a wide smile.

Nika was looking out at the still rainy atmosphere, munching on her sandwich when Hotaru came...

"Mmpphh!" She turned, "Gooh Mohning..." She swallowed, "Hotaru-san. Sure you can sit here." She quickly took a gulp of juice, feeling the liquid washed the food down her throat, "Sorry, I was distracted by the rain..." She sheepishly said, now taking small bites on her remaining sandwich.

Hotaru couldn't help but giggle when Nika tried speaking with her mouth full of food, luckily nothing slipped out....

"Thankyou," replied Hotaru who sat and as she began spreading her jam on the toast, "I find the rain to be soothing. I love being indoors with a nice drink and comfy chair just watching the rain. Even better if there are storms!" enthused Hotaru.

While she let her toast cool, Hotaru started eating her cereal, happily munching away. In between bites she asked Nika, "Which direction do you think we'll take when we start our exploration mission? I'm quite happy that we're going exploring, you just never know what is out there."

Nika nodded on Hotaru's comment, "Same here! The sound of the rain does make interesting drumming rhythm." This time, she take her time chewing on her sandwich, noting how relax Hotaru was.

"Its up to Hanako-Taisa though... However, if we could find a huge bag of loot at the constallation of the Bag of Loot. That will be interesting." She giggled, "Or maybe someone's lost wallet at Lost Wallet."

After dashing around socializing at the party, Konoka had flopped into bed and woke up well rested. She'd begun humming a song she'd heard, did a happy cartwheel, got ready, and skipped off to breakfast, quite chipper.

She'd grabbed a slice of toast with jam, made a bow on reflex in the Taisa's direction, and headed to where Hotaru and Nika were sitting, and being her usual morning-person self, said in a singsongy voice, "Good-morning, good-morning, good....morning!! How is everyone?? Rested I hope.....? Good fish, what a glorious day, but then every day is a good day if you make it one!" As she was sitting down, she tripped again, bonking her chin on the table. "Oopsie....Well, that was sure silly!" And she laughed at herself, and took a nibble of toast. Hopefully everyone would respond well to her extradorinarily good cheer.

Once she was finished swallowing her bite of berry-covered waffle, Hanako told Ramiro. She didn't mind him sitting with her.

"I am ready to get back to the ship," she admitted. "It has really become home to me over the last year. There are also a lot of modifications I have asked the shipyards to make, and I am looking forward to seeing them in person. After breakfast, we will get back to the ship and do some training and traveling."

Sune quietly sat at his table eating his breakfast. He watched as more and more of the Eucharis crew appeared for food. Well, so far no one seems to be suffering from any excesses. he thought. He watched with amusement as Konoka made her entrance with the all to expected mishap, he grinned, If I did not know better I would swear she trips to make people laugh. Sune then cleared his place, after disposing of his tray, he took a seat next to Konoka, "Good Morning Miyazawa-Hei, that was quite an entrance." He said with a warm grin.

Konoka smiled in a friendly, inviting manner. "Oh, good MORNING, Sune-san! And isn't it a good one? Every morning is so good and shining with possibilities! Though I could have done without tripping again....That only stings a little...heh....Oh well, nothing's going to put a cloud over my day.....Though I hope someone got a smile out of it! I swear I don't do this on purpose....Hmmm, I wonder what what absolutely wonderful things we'll do today??" She glanced at Sune. "By the way, Sune-san, did you enjoy yourself last evening?" She smiled remembering all the good times.

"Thank you Taisa." Ramiro said as he sat down and started eating. "And I know what you mean by that, when you spend so much time in a place and can still love it to death that's as close to home as you'll ever get." He continued eating. "And if the ship has had some new modifications then that just makes me not to be able to wait and see it even more."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…