• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Prelude] Siren's Call- Mayer Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [UCS Zenpyou] Prelude: Siren's Call- Mayer Station.

Fleming grabbed some quick chow from the cafeteria's buffet line before he hurried back over to the table he had chosen earlier. He was pleasantly surprised to see that another fairly attractive Peacekeeper had joined the snow haired Jiyuuian Neko.

Looks like the little shy gal has found herself a buddy, he thought with a grin as he grabbed an empty chair and sat down with his tray of food.

"Sorry about that Ai, I had to bust some heads. I see you found yourself a friend, care to make the introductions?" Fleming asked with a friendly grin at the white haired Peacekeeper before looked at Natsuko with an appraising, not quite sexual look.

"Ah, Commander!" Ai exclaimed as she released Natsuko and straightened herself back out. "Okay, so Commander Flemming, this is Natsuko. Natsu-chan, this is Commander Flemming," she introduced the two with a smile on her face. "Natsu-chan and I were both part of the 17th back when the UOC was still the Fifth Expeditionary Fleet, and then we were also both part of the Chouteisha Squadron."

Ai certainly felt her hyperness return now that her friend had appeared. She could barely keep still in her seat, her hands fidgeting. The stupid grin on her face was also stuck and couldn't be removed.

Having reported in, Denkou came into the cafeteria, and looked around. He didn't really know anybody from around here, since he had had an absolutely horrible run of bad luck in assignments. However, as his stomach was sure to tell anyone nearby, that did nothing to impede his hunger. however, on his way to go get food, he came upon Commander Fleming, and froze. He quickly saluted, hoping the officer wouldn't think badly of the delay in his reaction.

Reporting in was the easy part, making new friends on board a vessel he had never set eyes on was another. Making his way towards the cafateria he noticed that many people seemed to be on clean up duty. Reaching his destination he noticed a few people talking around, walking towards a random table he quickly took a seat. Watching the people around him, slightly interested at the way things were going. And waiting for what might become of his new station, and their endevors.

Fleming smiled, "Ah, I see. Nice to meet you, Natsuko. What ship do you happened to be assigned to?" He asked politely with a charming smile.

If his ears were longer, they probably would've twitched when he heard the familiar click and snap of a Peacekeeper's boots coming together into a hurried salute from somewhere beyond the lovely young lady in front of him and the lovely tray of food on his plate. He sighed as he stood up from his chair and glanced around to locate the source of the noise. He quickly saw Denkou's froze salute and returned it with a nod, "As you were, get some chow, Peacekeeper," he said amiably enough as he settled back into his seat to eat.

"It's amazing how fast people find ya, isn't it, Ai?"

Karasu Gin left her briefing with Sub-Commander Belinda Blake. She had given Gin her temporary assignment until such time as her ship was ready. Gin had told her that she was more than willing to take care of the task at hand. She saluted and left the room. As she walked towards the cafeteria she thought. The Commander seemed a bit reluctant to assign me to the scullery detail. Its no big task, after all father always told me the best way to learn about an organization was to do as many different jobs there as possible. Well until the Zenpyou's refit is complete, I will have ample opportunities.

"Ah, sumimasen." Natsuko said automatically after a long pause. "I've been assigned to the UCS Zenpyou." the girl responded. "You're assigned to what ship, sir?" Natsuko asked the higher ranked officer in front of her.

(I'm pretty sure this thread is done :/ )

An extremely amused expression crossed Commander Fleming's face as he heard what ship Natsuko was on, "I guess this means I should go report in to Ms. Blake after all," he said as he abandoned his meal and rose from his seat, "Natsuko, I'll leave Ai in your loving care."

He picked up his duffel bag with a grin as he paused, deciding to not be melodramatic and mysterious about the matter as he was originally intending."I'm the captain of the UCS Zenpyou, so I'll be seeing more of you very soon," he added in a tone that was friendly and courteous but you couldn't really pinpoint what his actually intentions were.

Ai just sat and stared at the other two for a moment. 'Wait a second... BOTH of you are on the Zenpyou?!?' She facepalmed. Another moment before she regained her composure. Feeling rather stupid for having been hanging around the Commander for quite a bit of time, and not knowing her friend were both on the same ship, Ai admitted to them, "Ano... Commander... Natsu-chan... I'm on the Zenpyou as well...."

Fleming grinned even wider, "Then, I will definitely catch up with you later to get better... acquainted then. We'll make a night of it, the three of us but I really must talk to Blake...I have some.... things to discuss with her, till then my beautiful ladies," his voice almost had a soft, velvety texture to it as he spoke giving the junior officers a wink as he had his retreat from the cafeteria towards the corridor.

This will definitely be an interesting first command.

Wavrian paused outside of Sub-Commander Blake's office as he left. His gray eyes followed a path up to the ceiling, coming to rest on a bare spot. He went over the previous minutes in his head, heart aflutter. Checking in had been easy enough. He was glad that the Commander hadn't made a big deal of his situation. The first Azorean Peacekeeper! Wowee, what an accomplishment! That wasn't what he was looking for, though. Wavrian simply wanted to be addressed like any other Peacekeeper, and that was exactly what he'd received.

So, here he was, all the way across space from his native planet, now with orders to hop aboard a ship that would take him even farther.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

It really wasn’t so bad. It was boring, but Ira was never one to really grip when he was handed an assignment, he would generally do it about as best he could. In this case it was a cleaning detail, a punishment for a stupid mistake he had made. In reality it could be worst for him, he could have been demoted or even discharge from the service, which would have been a big embarrassment to his family.

Ira stood wearing his uniform and quietly set about mopping the deck near commander Blake’s office. The thing was he was doing quite well at it. The prospect of doing good at mopping a floor was rather daunting for him. If he did such a good job he would end up stuck in this position for the rest of his military career. Of course if he did bad then he risked discharge and being cut loose from what was his dream.

“Well…it could be worse.” He said as he gently put his mop back into the bucket and wrung out the dirty water in order to set about dry mopping the wet floor in order to stop any body from slipping. As he set about mopping he began whistling a rather up beat tune that rang out into the corridor, unaware if anybody was in listening range. He turned his head and looked down the part of the corridor he had already swabbed about fifteen minuets ago. He discovered the “Wet floor” sign was indeed still standing, as it usually was.

Over the course of the young officer's punishment, the activity and troop movement increased expeditiously throughout the following three months at Mayer Station.

The internal Station communications networks reported the disappearences of several fleet groups and the communication grid between the station and some of the further colonies was slowly getting much smalller. What was supposed to be confidential information was quickly being spread throughout the station in hurried whispers between the station personnel. All the Peacekeepers could do was wait and prepare for rapid deployment as best they could as their ships were still being outfitted and updated.

Sub-Commander Blake didn't leave her office much and had taken to sleeping in her chair in order to keep herself abreast of the current developments. But as much as she missed fighting in war, she wasn't happy with the chance that such a young nation be attacked so early in its development.

She eventually sent for Ira, she had an assignment for him, and she hoped it'd help but him to better use than cleaning the station.

SCDR Blake said:
Cadet Ramirez, report to my office at 1800 tomorrow evening for further instructions and orders.

~ SCDR Blake

Ira had finished his duty shift around 17:00. He would finish his tasks to the letter, but when work was finished it was finished. Ira would leave to go play, and that is precisely what he did when he received the electronic summons through his personal Key tool. He went about his night doing an almost ritualistic routine. Which included eating chow at the dining hall. A practice in the simulators, and some target practice with his pistol at the shooting range. He would finish this all off by catching the UOC news net work and following up on current events. Of course this all ended for Ira around 22:00 who returned to his bunk and caught some sleep.

05:00. Reveler. Ira awoke with a loud yawn in his bunk with a number of other UOC peacekeepers, and immediately set about his mourning routine. He went and hit the showers, brushed his teeth, and managed his hair. Put on a fresh peacekeeper uniform as well as secured his items. He met up with a group of fresh Cadets and joined them and their instructor from some PT drills. He then went to the chow hall and ate his breakfast. It was oatmeal, milk and toast with a banana. 07:00 on the dot Ira was at his duty station, and began his daily cleaning routine of the station starting with the station’s promenade. The day went by quickly enough as Ira took his breaks, ate lunch, and anxiously awaited for 1800 to come around. 17:00, Ira had finished his duties for the day. He then set about the first part of his ritual by heading down to the simulators and getting some practice in for half an hour. He would then head off to the chow hall and grab some dinner. It was a salad with cup of pudding. He finished and for the first time in three months broke his routine. Rather then heading off to the recreation room to watch the news he headed straight on over to Sub-commander Blake’s office.

1800. Sub-commander Blake would hear a very light rapping at her office door. Once beckoned he would enter the room and salute her, once he was relieved he would stand at Parade rest then comply with her instructions(Sitting etc) and hear what the Sub-commander had to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back