Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Prelude] Siren's Call- Mayer Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [UCS Zenpyou] Prelude: Siren's Call- Mayer Station.

"That's a very good question, but, you will be briefed by your captain after he reports in, so hopefully tomorrow or after dinner this evening. He has to verify and accept the mission but I cannot give you those details as they are currently classified until I can brief your captain," Blake replied with a smile. "I can't promise anything about location though. Since the UCS Zenpyou is a part of the Pirate Combat and Investigation Squadron, you can only guess what you'll be tasked with doing but I can't say. We're trying to keep things under wraps to make sure pirates don't get a helpful hint who and when we're coming. Better to keep an air of mystery," Belinda said with a shrug and a sympathetic, 'what can you do?' type of expression on her face.

------------------

Commander Fleming grinned as Ai nudged him in the ribs, amused by the reaction. Definitely a virgin. Possibly bisexual, he thought proud of himself for having assumed correctly, now it was just a matter of what he would do with this tidbit of information in the future.

"I think the Station database has a copy of the breakfast menu," he said, uncertain as he lifted his PCC bracer up. "Project a copy of the menu," he ordered his communicator.

It chirped a confirmation and projected a small, friendly, cheerful menu with a happy smiling red sun wearing a white Mayer Station baseball cap. In a overly positive and perky female voice the audio for the menu played, "Thank you for choosing Mayer Hospitality Services for your dining needs during your stay here at Mayer Unity Station on Siren 2! Today's breakfast specials are:
Tamago yaki with Freedom hash browns;
and Banana Nut Pancakes with a delicious banana custard filling with tofu maple sausage links.

Of course you are free to order anything a la carte from the buffet style breakfast bar or made to order eggs! We'd be more than happy to also fulfill any special order breakfast requests!" The audio recording stopped and a little blinking button appeared beneath the floating text, "Play Again?"

Ai listened to the rather annoying voice, grimacing slightly. "Wow... the menu is... happy. Uhm... I think... I'll haavve," she started, looking over the menu, "the tamago yaki." She turned to the Commander, seeing what he would want.

She still wondered why Fleming had to keep poking at her like this? Her cheeks were burning and she couldn't stop it. What would he ask next?

Roken scanned over the information and placing his thumb where it was needed to verify that he accepted what was ordered from him. He listened quietly as the cadet asked about the briefing and was answered, he wasn't surprised about the whole secrecy thing if anything got out about what was going on and what they were doing whatever it was the pirates would be prepared and all this prepping would be for nothing.

Even though he agreed the what was on the list Roken hoped he would not have to cook anything, and focus on the serving and cleaning, I cant even remember if I ever cooked back home. His eyes wandered the room for a moment, listening carefully to anything new or important the XO would add before they were dismissed.

Kim said:
"That's a very good question, but, you will be briefed by your captain after he reports in, so hopefully tomorrow or after dinner this evening. He has to verify and accept the mission but I cannot give you those details as they are currently classified until I can brief your captain," Blake replied with a smile. "I can't promise anything about location though. Since the UCS Zenpyou is a part of the Pirate Combat and Investigation Squadron, you can only guess what you'll be tasked with doing but I can't say. We're trying to keep things under wraps to make sure pirates don't get a helpful hint who and when we're coming. Better to keep an air of mystery," Belinda said with a shrug and a sympathetic, 'what can you do?' type of expression on her face.

Taking in the response, Tesuro nodded understandingly. It made sense. While he had never been on this type of mission before, keeping things under wraps was definitely a sensible way to go about things. "Understood. Thank you, Sub-Commander." he said, waiting to see if there were any other questions or if they would be dismissed.

Kyoki said:
Ai listened to the rather annoying voice, grimacing slightly. "Wow... the menu is... happy. Uhm... I think... I'll haavve," she started, looking over the menu, "the tamago yaki." She turned to the Commander, seeing what he would want.

She still wondered why Fleming had to keep poking at her like this? Her cheeks were burning and she couldn't stop it. What would he ask next?

Fleming seemed...startled by how... perky the audio menu was. "Projection off," he said softly to the PCC bracer and the happy menu disappeared from view.

I swear they fed that PR person nothing but Bliss for a week to get her that up... He thought with a shudder, it was creepy how... sickeningly happy the MENU was. He could only imagine how the actual kitchen staff felt about it. He wondered if they piped the drug in a vapor form for the cooks to feel that wonderful as well.

"Definitely not in Nepleslia any more... I think I'll probably grab a combination of those pancakes and some real meat sausage with some eggs. But, go ahead into the Mess line, I'll drop our bags at a table for now, so we don't have to fuss with carrying our things as we get food," he offered with a smile as he disengaged himself from Ai and reached out to take her bag.

It wasn't often that he offered to be a porter, but it was always interesting to change out his routine every now and then, it kept things interesting and made his extensive upper body work-outs more worthwhile to have a practical application outside the sports arena.

"Ah, okay." Ai handed her bag to the Commander. "Ah, arigatou gozaimasu, Commander."

Okay, she had to admit that the taking of the bags was pretty nice and gentlemanly. It was completely different from what he was like earlier, what with the butt comment and all. There was no way this was the same man.... What was going on here?? Was there some switch between the nice and evil twins when she wasn't looking?

"Etto, are you sure... you don't want me to wait for you? Or just come with you...? A commander... really shouldn't have to carry the bags of a lower ranked officer...." Curse Ai's nice side. Fleming had been fairly... rude thus far, but the Sub-Lieutenant still had to offer.

Natsuko looked over her orders, which didn't seem any different to her. Casually Natsuko reached up and did the same as Tesuro to confirm her orders before speaking. "No questions here, seems simple enough. What's the saying? I think it's something like 'Dammit woman! Get back into the kitchen and cook!' correct ma'am?" Natsuko paused and looked sideways at the gentleman that surrounded her. "Except this time..." Natsuko let the sentence hang in the air but smiled as she mentally finished it in her head. They're the woman too!

Sub-COmmander Blake looked at the Jiyuuian neko with an odd expression on her face and just laughed, shaking her head, "Yes, the expression goes something like that. Pretty much. You are dismissed unless Sub-Commander Stryker has anything further he wants to brief you on from here- but I have nothing else for you at this time."

------------------------

Fleming shook his head at Ai, "No, it's okay. As an officer, I am supposed to be a gentleman from time to time. Go ahead and jump in line, I'm just gonna use these to claim a table for us," he insisted with a smile as he took Ai's bag and walked away from her towards a table.

It did occur to him that he could raz this woman further b hiding her bags but he decided against it, since that sort of joke went a little bit beyond his usually teasing- he didn't want to haze the young officer just test her limits.

He hurried over to the first table he could find 2 open seats at. Of course, the round table was large enough for 6 people but if anyone cared to join them, he wouldn't be opposed to seeing more pretty faces and meeting some new people.

In response to his dismissal, Tesuro gave a short but polite bow to Blake, then turned and exited the room. As soon as he stepped out and a fair distance from the entrance, he let out a relieved sigh. It wasn't that meeting his new superior officers made him nervous, but more that it had become almost a chore over the last year of his service. He had nothing against them, they were generally nice people and competent officers, but the formalities had become almost difficult for Tesuro to keep up with. He had risen to the rank of Cadet but there were still so many others above him, and having to look at the rank pin of someone before addressing them started to become monotonous. But thus was the life of one in the service, and it was important for him to keep up those sorts of appearances and formalities.

I guess I'm pretty hungry...I'd better get something to eat before I head up to my room. I don't care which bunk I get anyway... he thought. Locating the nearest map, Tesuro located the mess hall and made his way there. In addition to filling his empty stomach, it would give him the opportunity to scope out the area in which he would be working that evening. On the way over he tried to clear out his mind; in his experience, too much thinking led to him losing track of himself and ending up lost in a place he was unfamiliar with, so he simply kept looking on ahead until he reached the dining area.

Upon arriving, he brought up a copy of the station's menu and was greeted by the same program as Ai and Fleming.

Thank you for choosing Mayer Hospitality Services for your dining needs during your stay here at Mayer Unity Station on Siren 2!

Today's breakfast specials are:
Tamago yaki with Freedom hash browns;
and Banana Nut Pancakes with a delicious banana custard filling with tofu maple sausage links.

Of course you are free to order anything a la carte from the buffet style breakfast bar or made to order eggs! We'd be more than happy to also fulfill any special order breakfast requests!

"Hmm...the pancakes sound pretty good..." he thought out loud to himself. Leaning to look past the terminal, he looked at the line forming and decided that there wasn't any time left to think about it. He swiftly jumped into line, inspired by the gurgling in his stomach.

"Okay. Arigatou gozaimasu," Ai called after Fleming, repeating herself, before she headed toward the end of the line. She grabbed a tray and slowly scooted down.

"Whattlya have?" grunted a cook. He looked as if he'd worked too many hours, had served too many dishes, and everything was just starting to become a blur.

"Uh, the Tomago yaki please," Ai answered, using the nicest tone she could. With so many people on the station, it was quite obvious that the people cooking would have a lot of work for them.

"Right." The cook scooped some of the food, along with hash browns, put it onto a plate and handed it to the Sub-Lieutenant.

"Arigatou gozaimasu," she replied with a smile. Now that she had food, she needed a drink. Ai pondered a moment, before she picked out some green tea. Nice and simple. Then, she turned away from the counter to go look for the Commander.

As Tesuro's turn in line came up as the slightly grumpier man served several young, peacekeepers; another cook, slightly more relaxed looking woman in an apron over a vest variant of the official Peacekeeper uniform looked at him with dull purple eyes as she waited for him to respond. Her bright pink hair was pulled back into a tight bun and mashed down by a matching pink hair net and she had some flour dusting the edges of her hairline and across the tip of her nose. It had been a rough morning for this peacekeeper in particular.

"What'll you have?" The woman's voice wasn't as grumpy as it was apathetic- she seemed a little bored with this Mess Detail that their crew had been placed into. "You can have as much food as you can stomach, so you don't have to agonize over your food choice this time around. I suggest picking one and then coming back for seconds, or fifths."

----------------

Fleming had also entered the food line and waited for his turn to come up. He noticed that Ai had already gotten her food and he waved to her to try to catch her attention, "Ai!"

Coming into the mess hall, Ira headed straight for the very end of the line grabbed a tray and waited for the line to advance so he could get served. He hoped that he wouldn't see Miu… but chances were very likely that she was quite enraged.

As Tesuro approached the peacekeeper woman helping serve the food, it wasn't difficult to notice her melancholy expression. He felt like asking her how she was doing, if mess detail was as bad as it looked, or any other number of questions.

Why waste your time with something like that? You don't know who this woman is. There's no need to concern yourself with her feelings, it won't effect you.

But he decided against it, as he knew he wasn't the most social of people and it would probably just end up coming out weird and they'd both just end up feeling awkward. "I think...one serving will probably be all right for me...I'll have the umm...pancakes and sausage...four pancakes and four sausage links if that's possible..." he stuttered, sounding very modest. Whenever he felt such negative thoughts, whatever feeling of confidence he held before were shoved aside and caused him to act much more shy and reserved.

Even so, as she served him his food, he couldn't help feeling sorry for her. So in an unusual attempt at voluntarily friendliness, he decided to say something to her. "You know...I'll have to be doing this with my crew tonight...so...I guess I'll have to feel the torture you're probably going through..." he said with some semblance of a smile.

Miu ran through the promenade, dodging recruit and officer alike, paying no heed to rank. She was dead set on catching him. She ran through the mess hall, coming in at the start of the line and heading towards the end, nearly tripping she reached out and touched Tesuro’s back nearly knocking him over as he ordered from a fellow Peacekeeper working the serving counter.

Running into line behind Ira she swiped up a tray and held it under her arm waiting in line. Panting she turned her sweaty head and looked up at the taller Nepleslian. “I could kill YOU!” She snarled at Ira as she caught up to him. “GOBI SCENARIO?! WE GOT FREGGIN LUCKY! WHAT WERE YOU THINKING PICKING THAT SCENARIO?!” She howled, sounding more like a banshee then the lovely young woman she really was.

Ira saw the raging bull of a five foot tall, pale skinned, white haired banshee barrel down from the start of the line and nearly then fall. She must be really mad, Ira thought as he looked down the line and wished it would hurry up. He heard the slap of her tray and he did not even look at Miu as she started screaming into his ear as she rambled on about what he was thinking with the scenario choice.

Ira cleared his throat and turned towards Miu. “What I think?” he said calmly, not shouting. “I think you owe that guy back there an apology…and I also think you should stop being so loud…there are a lot of officers present…” He remarked as the room had probably gotten quite silent due to her loud behavior.

Before any officers got up to come and discipline Miu, Ira said quickly “I also think you did fantastic in the Sim.”

Commander Fleming frowned and cleared his throat loudly as he stormed over to the confrontation between the two cadets. "Lock it up!" He bellowed as he glared Miu and Ira down. "You two out into the passageway, we're going to have a TALK, now," he pointed out the door.

"You okay, Peacekeeper?" He redirected his attention for a moment to the poor bastard they knocked down to the floor and offered him a hand up.

The pink haired peacekeeper working as the cook had smiled and was about to respond to Tesuro when he was knocked over. There was a spark of concern on her face as she leaned over the glass barrier to look down to see if he was all right. "Oh no! You okay, Cadet?!"

As Fleming broke out of line and approached their Position, he placed his tray on the counter and then turned around snapping to attention. “Sir!” He snapped as Fleming ordered them to lock it up.

Ira then turned and walked off of the line and into the passage way. It was then Ira found Miu’s flaw. She was too easily rattled. Quick to anger, and even when she did out out shine her own expectations she hated being put into the lime light.

Ira stood out in the hall way at attention and was preparing his toned butt to become turned into hamburger meat after the chewing he figured Fleming was going to give him. Of course, he had to share his own part of the blame, it was in a way, his fault for triggering Miu’s short temper, not to say he figured it was coming any way.

Miu was ready to start cursing Ira out when she heard the voice of an officer ordering her to “Lock it up.”

Miu snapped into attention and said “Sir!” She stood with her dark eyes unable to hide her rage, but managed to keep a straight face. Sweat raced down her brow and her face.

She then followed the officer’s hand and went out into the passage way, and took up a post along side Ira. The little lady’s hair was utterly frazzled and out of place, her short sleeved Peacekeeper uniform was soaked in the sweat due to the stress she had just endured from the simulation.

What was worst is that as she stood her stomach began doing back flips inside of her body. It groaned loudly and she started loosing her balance.

As Miu crashed into Tesuro's back, his waist pounded against the metal counter used to slide the trays over, causing the upper portion of his body to lean forward toward the pink-haired woman. Because of this, his footing slipped, causing him to fall down onto his back and his tray to fall down to his side. He didn't hit his head and thus did not incur anything close to a serious injury, save for a slightly bruised pelvis and a bit of embarrassment.

While he laid on the ground he could hear a woman shrieking loudly at someone else about the simulation. He could then only ascertain that she was one of the people running the scenario that he had been viewing a short time ago. As he was about to pick himself back up, he temporarily lost his vision, only to have it return to him a moment later. He was suddenly very angry, irrationally so, and he could feel it rising inside of him as though he were about to burst. Very quickly he turned over and looked toward Miu. "WHAT THE F..." he began to yell out, before stopping himself. He closed his eyes and heard a very sharp beeping tone. Shaking his head, he opened his eyes once more and felt his mind cleared and rational once more.

"You okay, Peacekeeper?"

Tesuro looked up to see Stacey standing there offering his hand. He sighed and grabbed a hold, allowing himself to be lifted up by the surprisingly strong Nepleslian. "Yes, I'm fine..." he muttered. Turning to the peacekeeper helping with his food, he said let out a clear and vocal "Thank you..."

Stacey Fleming gently patted Tesuro on the back, "Try to eat some chow before you report to the medic, Cadet. I'll catch up with you to see how you're doing in a few minutes," he suggested as he tried to appraise the clarity of Tesuro's eyes and response time to decide whether or not to have the man escorted to the med bay.

The pink haired peacekeeper frowned and spoke very suddenly, "I'm a medic, Commander. I can examine him." She looked very... startled by her little outburst and Fleming blinked a few times as his attention was redirected to her.

After a moment, Commander Fleming nodded, "I leave this Cadet in your care then, Doc. Excuse me, I have to attend to some business." He replied as he turned and walked very slowly and deliberately towards the passageway where those two recruits were waiting.

When Commander Fleming was out of earshot, the pink haired Peacekeeper hurriedly got together a double order of what Tesuro had asked for onto a couple plates. "I'll be on the other side of this barrier in a moment, here's your food, Sir..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back