Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Prelude] Siren's Call- Mayer Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [UCS Zenpyou] Prelude: Siren's Call- Mayer Station.

Blake shook her head and grinned hearing the commotion outside her door. She decided against going out to investigate, knowing that whomever the cadets were saluting would eventually come into her office.

She sat back down and picked up her coffee mug again as her data pad chirped, announcing more personnel being sent to Mayer Station. "Wonderful, more hands that get to play house on this chunk of charcoal..."

Ira came out of his Salute and cleared out from in front of the office door. He gave a brief salute to Natsuko who was sitting down and stood with his hands at his side. "Cadet Ira Ramirez." he said in his raspy voice. His speech was slower, more at ease, as if he were choosing every word he spoke very carefully. "We are both assigned to the Zenpyou...fresh out of training." He said calmly. "I forgot the proper announcement sir...I was kind of caught off guard." He said looking at the ground rather sheepishly.

Ira made no move to shake hands, but he would return it if David offered his hand to him. Of course, Miu was a lot prettier then Ira was so it made a little bit of sense to him. That and Miu actually followed the regulations pretty well this time, out shining Ramirez in this moment. "We were told to Salute the rank, not the person Sir....but to be honest, I usually feel pretty honored when I do salute my superior officers."

Miu dropped her salute almost simultaneously with Ira, she hesitated at the informality, but gingerly took David’s hand and softly shook it as she shook it she said “Cadet Miu Nagatori.” He neatly trimmed eye brow rose when Ira sounded off and explained his reasons for Saluting. Miu oddly enough agreed with him, and nodded her head. “It also says in the Peace keeper charter that we are still civilians, we as Peacekeepers just took on greater responsibility, Sir.”

She would then step away from the door and continued speaking with David and Ira. “We are hopefully going to be your new Pilots.” She said, her dainty and high pitched voice being some what more stern.

Commander Fleming yawned as he stretched his muscular arms over his head as he heard the arrival announcement through the Wayfarer shuttle's announcement system. He hated riding around in shuttles but it was a necessary evil. The view through the shuttle's view ports had been uninspiring but, he was fairly familiar with the dull, dull, dull landscape of Siren 2.

He rose from his cramped shuttle seat and made a mental note to suggest to the MFY; NovaCorp; UMC or whomever the technicians were to take larger asses into consideration when they decided to do overhauls of their design for shuttle seats. After all, we aren't all 90 pound cat-eared midgets, he thought with a nod and a slight grin.

The other Peacekeepers around him slowly and lazily brought themselves from various degrees of sleep before they filed off the Wayfarer.

He watched them all carefully, appraising them and wondering if any of these uniformed men and women were going to be joining his crew. He didn't know who any of his actual people were until he talked to the Station's Sub-Commander. But, he knew such things could wait until later as he finally joined the lemming line off the shuttle.

Stacey hauled the duffel bag over his shoulder and lifted his right wrist up to his mouth. "Volumeric projection on, link up to Mayer Station's network and give me the schematics of Mayer Station with Sub-Commander Blake's office and the gym highlighted," he ordered his PPC bracer through the voice command function.

Within a few seconds, the PPC chirped and displayed a volumeric projection of the Station's layout on a floating screen in front of the Nepleslian's face. He calculated that it'd take him maybe 3-4 minutes to get to Blake's office if he kept a normal pace, so he started in that direction. Better get to it then, better to get the data as fast as I can so we get the grip and grin crap out of the way, he thought to himself.

David reached out to shake Ira's hand after shaking Miu's. "Well you have me on that one. I have better make sure that I stay on my toes around you two. But I hope you both have better reaction times and awareness in battle. I may have to show you one day what happens when you are not aware enough of your surroundings." David had a serious face on for his last statement. "Isn't that right Natsuko?" David had just noticed who the first footsteps had belonged too when he got up but was happy to see her.

Natsuko had been sitting their wracking her brain in an effort to figure out just who the guy was when the two came out of the office. Natsuko found it kinda cute the way that Miu had hissed angrily at Ira and allowed herself to become distracted, glancing up at the pair out of the corner of her eye. Natsuko listened passively as the pair saluted and exchanged formalities with the other person in the room. Great...now I've been saluted to. Natsuko thought with disdain as she pondered if a nod of the head would suffice. Luckily for her, two things occured simultaneously to take her attention away from the quandry. First, David spoke. Second she realized exactly who he was. David! Natsuko thought happily. Natsuko's attention snapped back to David while the trio talked.

David said:
"Isn't that right Natsuko?"

Natsuko slid out of her chair. "You never know when a piece of anti-air artillery is gonna smack you in the face for breakfast, right sir?" Natsuko responded as she saluted to the two. "It's good to see you again. You look better than...before." Natsuko sent telepathically to David.

David bowed his head slightly to what Natsuko said and what she telepathically told him. "If you two wish to know what she is referring to look up the Chouteisha Squadron's last mission." David then stepped over next to Natsuko and motioned down the hall with his left hand. "Well you both most likely have a place to be and things to do, I will let you two on your way."

Ira took David’s hand and gave him a quick firm shake. He looked David dead in the eyes. Then he retracted it turning his eyes towards Natsuko. Ira listened as David spoke of reactions, and of Chouteisha squadron. Ira had heard them mentioned before especially during his transfer to the Zenpyou. He had however, not read up on their missions. But when David mentioned them Ira decided it was probably best for him to heed his future XO’s advice and go ahead and bone up on their missions.

Ira turned and sent a sly smirk to Miu. “Is their a possibility that there is a training simulator on this station?” His eyes were full of challenge. “Because I would like to find out how good our reaction times are.” He knew simulated combat was not the same as actual combat, but it was a great way to keep your reflexes sharp. Ira had time to burn, so he hoped he could do better then read up on Chouteisha’s missions, but perhaps that he and Miu could participate in a simulated recreation.

Ira would await for a response, and give David a salute “Sir” and then turn and walk out of the “waiting room.”

Miu simply stood and listened to all as they spoke and did not say a word. She found her self biting her tongue at the mention of her reactions. Her reactions were great, and the thought of going to a simulator and gunning Ira down really got her blood flowing.

‘I think I may join you for that.” She said shifting a stern glare towards Ira. She too would await proper responses, then salute both of her superior officers, and turn and walk out the door with Ira.

With her excess energy now gone, Ai took a moment to think about what exactly she should do... which there wasn't much of. She sighed. 'Might as well head to meet with... whatserface. Uuuhhh... what WAS her name. Oh ya, Sub Commander Blake.'

The Sub-Lieutenant mentally brought up a map of the station, highlighting the easiest path to the office. Once the plan was set, Ai was off onto her grand adventure!

David Saluted the two and waited for them to leave. He turned to Natsuko nodding his head. "One week in a hemo-synth tank and about two in rehabilitation and I would hope I would look a little better." David said in reference to her prior telepathic message. "I am happy to see that you are here with me for this posting. I hope your leg is feeling better."

As Commander Fleming navigated his way through Mayer Station, he noticed a bouncing Jiyuuian girl with Neko ears wearing a Peacekeeper Uniform... one of the many running around. Those one of those small asses that everything is made for, he thought with a smirk.

"Hey miss, I can't help but ask, is that ass standard model or do you actually have to work out to get it that firm?" The officer teasingly asked Ai with a grin, in a very playful tone of voice. He didn't know the Jiyuuian Neko girl from atom but he couldn't stop himself from vocalizing his question.

Natsuko saluted before the two left then turned to David. "It didn't take too long for it to get better. I spent about a week and a half in the hospital before I was released. You reporting in early as well?" Natsuko asked David. She thought she was going to be late, but she had just remembered her orders had indicated 1600 so she was a bit early.

Ira would speed out of the door ahead of Miu, but he would take up a position several meters away from Blake’s office, and lean against the wall. When Miu passed he would calmly say ‘Thanks for the back up back there…you made us look good.”

Pushing off of the wall he would stand and fold his arms across his chest. “I have heard the scuttle butt on David….he is a good man, we are pretty lucky, but enough of that, were you really serious when you said you wanted to go play around in the simulators with me?“ He leaned in when he said that, his face was utterly expressionless, when calm you would swear Ira was nothing but a robot made to look like a man.

Miu trailed behind Ira, and her face seemed to Ice over with seriousness as she approached him. She did not even stop, she just growled “Follow me.” and kept walking towards the directional display on the wall. She began locating the combat simulation area. “I was not trying to make US look good.” She shot back. “I was merely saluting my superior officers, and you had better believe that I was serious about going to the training simulators.” She turned away from the directional display monitor and looked Ira dead in his face. “I want to see what you have, I want to see if that cocky smug exterior holds up in a fire fight.”

She would then do and about face, and start walking down the hall, and into the Promenade. Once reaching the promenade, she began pushing through the crowd, and hope Ira had followed her. In away she hoped that when they reached he simulators and began doing the simulated exercises that Ira was worth something with armor strapped to his ass. Because the way it seemed, these two cadets were going to be flying side by side for a nice long time. Miu may not have had a like for Ira, but she wanted to make sure that he would be able to watch her six when they were trying to hunt down a bunch of rats in a forest maze.

(( Continued in viewtopic.php?f=96&t=3493&start=0 ))

WH- WHAT did he just say to her? Ai couldn't believe it, and she blushed slightly at what the man said. Sure, it was teasing... or a pick-up line, though a rather horrible one at that, but still! The neko's hand shot up to slap the man who had made the rather rude comment. But, just before it makes contact, her hand stops and quickly retracts. Her cheeks darkened. He couldn't have that rank... but he did. Ai... she nearly slapped... a commander.

"AH! Uh uh... SIR!" The Sub-Lieutenant quickly saluted her superior officer. Too close. WAAY too close to something bad. "Uh uhm, i- it... uhm...."

Commander Fleming grinned and returned the neko's salute. "Very nice reaction time and good reflexes," he complimented seeming to take some pleasure in the reaction he garnered.

And I would've deserved every bit of that if she contacted. The reaction would've been priceless if she noticed my rank afterward. I think she's definately been in combat before or at least, accosted on a train or something before, he thought rather smugly to himself.

"Have you reported in yet..." he paused and pointedly looked down at Ai's breasts to figure out what her rank was, after all, he was following behind her and couldn't see it before, "Sub-Lieutenant?" His flicked back up to her face to better appraise her features as he took a deliberate step forward, since she had gotten so close to him, he decided to push his luck a little further.

"Ah... th- thank you, Sir," Ai replied to the compliment, still clearly flustered. Was... this Commander really checking her out? She hoped that glance down was only for her rank and not something a little bit more.

Her blush only bloomed more when the Commander stepped closer. "No... Sir. I haven't... reported in yet. I was just on my way." It wouldn't be polite to back away from a higher ranked officer when she wasn't dismissed, but it was starting to get a little close.

Commander Fleming smiled charmingly and leaned closer for a moment before stepped away again to give Ai her personal space. "Oh good, I'm heading that way myself. We can keep each other company on the walk there."

His eyes were locked in steadily on her eyes, gauging her emotions as he spoke, "The name's Fleming." He relaxed his posture and offered Ai his hand for a handshake. "I didn't see a name tag, so what's happens to be yours, beautiful?"

Though Ai breathed a sigh of relief when the Commander stepped back, she quickly reddened once more at him calling her beautiful. She bowed her head and stared at the ground as she tried to calm down. 'There's no way this guy is serious. Nope. Nuh-uh. He HAS to be kidding with me,' she though to herself, starting to squirm.

"My name is Kitano Ai," she answers, trying her hardest to, at the very least, keep her sentences even.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back