Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: UCS Zenpyou [Prelude] Siren's Call- Mayer Station.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [UCS Zenpyou] Prelude: Siren's Call- Mayer Station.

“Good Job,” Ira said softly to Miu as they waited for Fleming to exit the Cafeteria, “You knocked over a fellow Peacekeeper and then started yelling loudly. What’s next Nagatori?” Ira said coolly.

In truth, he really was not angry, nor was he worried, he figured he would end up with a punishment duty or at worst some of his salary cut. “I doubt he will be happy that WE were behaving the way an officer shouldn’t..” He said in a low hiss.

But Ira was starting to feel guilty now. Miu was probably going to get it far worst then he would. Ira was determined to attempt to take some of the heat off of her.

If she did this how would she be useful in combat? Ira knew most of the speech before hand. He heard Miu’s stomach churn. “Good god almighty,” he said as he heard Fleming’s footsteps coming closer. “You have motion sickness.”

Miu listened to Ira’s griping, and felt her mouth watering. She was feeling nauseous as she stood there erect. But she had to admit what Ira was saying was right. She had acted the way a blossoming officer should not act.

“I’m…sorry,” she said softly, forcing her innards back into her belly. “I’ll be fine…just dizzy..” She gasped as her heart began pounding in her chest. She then quieted down as she heard Fleming's foot steps.

Roken just smirked at what Natsuko said, yeah enjoy it, because if I have to cook anyone anything the mess would clear out in a second. He would rather be fixing something or doing the combat simulations evalable on station.

When they were dismissed he waited a moment before leaving to ask the Sub-Commander one last question before he left, “if I may ask sir....is there any way I would be able find a power armor in my size and practice in the training simulators?” He was hoping she would say yes and he would postpone heading to the mess hall and spend a little time getting himself re-aquanted with armor use.

David pressed his finger up against the display and then turned to the two that had stayed behind. "There will be time for finding you an armour latter. Let us get food first. Sub-Commander it has been a pleasure to meet you and I hope that our stay here will be uneventful." David saluted and waited for the return salute before exiting the office.

Kim said:
Fleming had also entered the food line and waited for his turn to come up. He noticed that Ai had already gotten her food and he waved to her to try to catch her attention, "Ai!"

"Hm?" Ai turned toward the source of the noise. Ah, there he was. Just as she started to wave back, there was a blur of charging person and then a whole commotion over that. The Sub-Lieutenant just stood there, trying to comprehend what the heck just happened.

After a few moments, Ai figured it'd probably be best to just let Fleming handle it. She didn't need to involve herself. Although, she did get to see the much more serious side of the man. 'Okay. So that's why he's a commander,' she though to herself, making a mental note not to get on his bad side. "Uhm. Ya... I'll... just go find our seats..." she quietly said outloud, semi-directed to Fleming but more to herself than anything.

manus dei said:
David pressed his finger up against the display and then turned to the two that had stayed behind. "There will be time for finding you an armour latter. Let us get food first. Sub-Commander it has been a pleasure to meet you and I hope that our stay here will be uneventful." David saluted and waited for the return salute before exiting the office.

Sub-Commander Blake returned David's salute and nodded to the man. "You can download the menu from the station's database to play on your PCCs. And to answer the other question for Techard, yes, we have training simulators for the Tenshi and Mantis Power Armors on a couple of different decks."

Commander Fleming's posture stiffened as he finally exited the Mess Hall and stared at the board stiff officers standing there in the passageway. He didn't say anything at first as he paced around them. He instead pulled up their orders and service records through the station's database and his PCC bracer. He was grateful for the PCC's ability to take digital images.

"Rameriz, Ira; Nagatori, Miu," the PCC said as two separate floating volumeric screens appeared in front of Fleming. He stood silent as he shifted through the data files. He look unimpressed by what would've otherwise been impressive training records. He called up the feed from the training simulation as well.

He watched the footage to the end and his expression darkened. It was a waste of equipment and an overall bad training simulation. He recognized it as a scenario that no one could learn anything from - it was only one that humiliated those that were in it and encouraged the sacrifice of manpower and resources to pad someone's ego... it was a sort of recklessness that appalled him.

"I am Commander Fleming of the UCS Zenpyou, and your ship's Captain," he waited a moment for this information to sink in as he continued not allowing the two to speak, gesturing away their protests. "You picked a bad place for your little outburst, Nagatori. And Rameriz, you purposefully provoked this response. You have successfully injured another Peacekeeper with your recklessness and humiliated yourselves. You have also proven to me that I cannot trust you aboard my ship to act like officers or enter into combat without wasting resources.

For conduct unbecoming of officers and causing a public disturbance I refuse to allow you to join me on the UCS Zenpyou as officers or pilots. You better pray that Peacekeeper back there isn't severely injured. You are to remain on Mayer Station until someone else decides to take you or ships you home. I am assigning you to Mayer Station's outer perimeter cleaning detail under the supervision of Sub-Commander Blake. You are to report to your assigned berthing until someone is sent for you- grab your chow and get moving, you are dismissed, Cadets."

Commander Fleming turned away from the Cadets disgusted by their conduct and sent Blake his report and judgment. If they had been aboard the Zenpyou.. it would've been a more severe punishment.

Zero in accordance to his order, would arrive on Mayer station and boarded the UCS Zenpyou without a word. Looking down the corridor on either side, he'd just get his quarters number and headed quietly down toward it. Zero didn't have any ambition to socialize with the crew more than necessary and simply got his meager possessions away, having a load of books to read. Some Fantasy, tactical manuals, some power armor engineering manuals as well, etc.

But he'd catch himself. "Computer, please inform me of one Belinda Blake's location." he said calmly in an icy tone of voice.

ON>>

Though he was able to stand, Tesuro felt a relatively sharp pain in his lower abdominal area, just around where his pelvis had smacked into the tray counter. He watched Fleming head off toward the two miscreants, and couldn't help but feel a little bad for them. It of course was on account of their own mischief, but the captain did not look like he was about to let it go so easily. Tesuro couldn't help but feel a bit guilty even though he knew full well that it was not his fault, but he still hated to see people punished. Unfortunately that was the way of things, and it was unbecoming of officers to act in such a way so disciplinary action was necessary.

He turned around back toward the kitchen. Some of the other peacekeepers were murmuring and some were still staring, but most had gone back into the routine. Tesuro had a strong feeling that the uncomfortable looks and whispers of the others were not so much about what had happened to him, but about the reaction from Fleming and the lambasting the two were undoubtedly about to receive. He also noticed the pink haired woman walking through the back door leading into the kitchen and serving area, following her promise to come and check him out. Not wanting to block the way or cause any more attention to be drawn to himself, he picked up his hefty tray and staggered off to an empty table a fair distance away from the crowd. However, there being so many people in the station at the time, it was impossible to be completely secluded.

The pink haired medic had cleaned herself off and fixed her hair, to look more presentable, in the moments between leaving the serving line and walking out of the kitchen area. She was grateful that in the sake of “just in”, she always carried a fully stocked EMT bag with her everywhere despite the fact, that her crewmates teased her about being “too prepared”.

Aurora had her pink hair pulled back into a much neater ponytail that swished which each even, hurried step she took, I wonder what the devil, those two officers’ problems were! Running around like that and carrying on in the Mess hall like it’s a gym! I hope this guy doesn’t need anything more serious than a full belly and a nap… it would be absolutely terrible if he was prevented from shipping out with his vessel because of an injury he received from those two! I hope that Commander knocks some sense into those two! She thought angrily as she drew closer to Tesuro, spotting him sitting down in a sea of populated tables.

She flashed Tesuro a concerned smile as she scooted into the empty seat across from the Cadet and his large double portion of breakfast food. “I’ll let you eat before I conduct a preliminary examination, sir. I am Peacekeeper First Class Ellis, it’s nice to meet you despite the circumstances.” She set the large black and gold back on the floor beside her chair until they were ready to start.

After he had taken a seat it was only a few moments before Aurora walked out of the kitchen and located him. He smiled back as she did, and gave her a half-hearted wave. She was very good looking, like many of the women he had worked with, but the pink hair was definitely something new. It wasn't an unusual trait but Tesuro had never personally known a woman with pink hair. It looked better tied up, he thought, very prim and professional, much like someone else he used to know.

Stop thinking about her hair so much. What's the matter with you? If she could hear what you were thinking she would think you were a freak.

Tesuro winced a little bit after the reprimanding, not so much to think it may have been a twitch, but still noticeable if one were paying attention. As she sat down across from him, he locked eyes with her while she lowered herself onto the seat. "Cadet Urameshi. It's a pleasure to meet you too, Ellis...but you can just call by my given name for now. It's...Tesuro...by the way." he said in response to her greeting. He still wasn't entirely used to being referred to as "sir", since up until that point he had only worked with fellow Cadets and people who he himself had to call "sir" or "ma'am". He figured he might as well avoid the formal greeting until they had actually begun their mission aboard the Zenpyou.

He looked down at his food, his stomach still gurgling as he lifted up his fork. "I'll try to be quick..." he muttered before he began shoveling the food into his mouth. Being watched while he ate wasn't exactly a fantasy of his, but he did not want to be rude to someone who openly volunteered to help him. So he kept his feelings quiet and ate.

“Well… s…err, Tesuro, call me Aurora then,” Aurora replied with bright smile. She appreciatively considered the Jiyuuian’s features and wondered who he was before the Fifth Expeditionary Fleet had become the United Outer Colonies. Was this man there at the battle of Taiie? Or is he a fresh faced cadet from the Academy? Or is he a Nepleslian that decided to get himself some Geshrin colored hair?

Aurora thought he seemed fairly decent for an officer… he wasn’t nearly as intense as Commander Fleming. She blushed lightly for a moment as she decided to make some small talk so it wasn’t nearly as awkward to sit there and watch the man eat.

“So is this your first assignment, Tesuro? I was actually working on Hotaru for a little while before I transferred her to the 4th Fleet,” she said nervously, hoping that she didn’t sound too… ditsy. It wasn’t too often that she got a chance to be a little more personal with an officer not associated to her ship. But, there was a shortage of experienced officers in the Peacekeeper Forces in general! Being such a young military force meant that it was going to take some time to get everyone retrained for the United Outer Colonies and get people some experience under their belts.

PAUSE

Zero's PCC chirped and the Station's visitor AI responded in a cheerful male voice, "Sub-Commander Blake is currently receiving all new Peacekeepers for assignment in her office on Deck 1."

THe PCC downloaded and projected a volumetric map with Blake's office as a blinking red dot while Zero's location was a flashing green x.

"Understood." Zero said and stood up from the bunk and used his PCC and stepped out, following the map along toward her office. His aura and demeanor was intimidating to others he passed, giving them the subconscious signals to just stay out of his way; which made things easier. Zero never really learned how to interact with people that well and when he did it was often forced and unpleasant. It wouldn't take long with the help of the map to react the office, just outside of which he'd turn off the PCC. He'd knock on her door politely enough and waited for her response raking his fingers through his hair to straighten it out.

Sub-Commander Blake had just dismissed three of the Zenpyou's personnel from her office when she heard the knock. She sighed and walked over to the door and opened it inwards.She was a tall, heavily muscled woman with enough scars visible on her light caramael brown colored arms to indicate, that she had some combat experience behind her. She appraised the new enlisted man standing in her doorway with appraising almond shaped emerald green eyes, "How can I help you?"

Zero just watched her for a moment, studying her physique and general experience and kept calm. She was a woman of experience and thus would be given respect by the man that didn't respect anyone so far. "I am Peacekeeper 2nd Class Cross, newly transferred to the UCS Zenpyou. I was informed that you were meeting all newcomers to the station Ma'am." he said to her politely, but his tone still seemed unemotional. His mercury colored hair shining slightly in the lightning and the blue marking on his forehead only partially visible.

"Come in, P2C Cross and have a seat," Blake said politely as she gestured for the man to come into her small, sparsely decorated office. There were 3 plush grey chairs that sat in front of her small grey metal desk. "Give me a moment to pull up your orders so I can brief you."

Zero nodded to her and entered her office and didn't shift his attention past professional curiosity and took a seat on one of the grey chairs. "Of course. No problem." he said calmly and relaxed in the chair just slightly. The surroundings were his kind of decoration, nearly none, it was sterile, standard and comfortable in the fact it was familiar.

Blake closed her office door and walked back over behind her desk. She took a seat in a grey chair slightly larger but still very similar to the one Cross was sitting in. She touched a few buttons on her data pad and a floating volumetric screen appeared in front of Cross.

"I need you to read over your orders and confirm that you have read and accept them by verifying with thumb print signature of your right thumb in the box."

Zero read the volumetric display carefully to make sure he read and understood every line of them. He would lift his hand and verified his understanding and acceptance of the orders by the thumb print signature. "Understood." He said lowly.

"To keep all personnel busy while they are here at Mayer Station, every ship gets to help maintain the station by participating in at least one Mess and Cleaning detail. Your crew is to report to the ship's Galley at 1730 tonight to help the cooks with dinner, as well as, help serve it to the rest of the station.

Sub Commander Stryker or Commander Fleming to decide what your crew will be doing while you wait for the Zenpyou to be completed. But until it's time to report in for the Mess detail, I have no further instructions for you but I recommend you try to locate your fellow shipmates before then to get a better idea who they are.

Your berthing assignment is Level 5 Starboard Male berthing 3- all male members of the UCS Zenpyou are staying there," Blake informated Cross, feeling slightly like a broken record- this speech having been repeated so often in such a short period of time for the Sub-Commander. "Unless you have any other questions for me, you are dismissed."

Zero noticed her expression about her feelings on the situation, a mission was a mission. He may not like it but it was his duty and he would not argue it. "I understand. But where are the majority of the Zenpyou crew currently?" he asked her, standing up slowly.

"I believe most of them went to the Cafeteria for breakfast. You can download a map and a copy of the meal menus from the ship's data base at any Station data port or wirelessly through your PCC, as you already know," Blake responded with a polite smile.

He bowed to her politely. "Thank you for your time then Sub-Commander." Zero said and turned to leave, downloading the map through the wireless function of his PCC and exited the office.

After a bit of searching, Ai found the table that Fleming had set down the bags at. She set her tray down and took a seat. Should I wait for him...? she wondered. She had no idea how long it could take for the Commander to return, but then again she was also supposed to be polite and wait. Some debating in her head and Ai settled on waiting.

It had certainly been an... interesting day so far. First day back into action and already so much had happened.

Roken nodded to David knowing full well that it would be much better to eat before doing anything else, “yeah your right food sounds much better right now.” Roken said as he followed David out of the office, he gave Sub-Commander Blake on last salute before leaving.

He stretched his arms a bit as he followed Sub-Commander David down the corridor, “cleaning and cooking, did not think I would be doing that anytime soon....uh sir.” Roken joked forgetting for a moment that he was in the presence of a superior officer.

Zero headed away from the sub-commander's office quietly, his PCC in his hand as he walked toward the cafeteria where the others were said to be. He didn't know what to expect and deep inside it made him feel a bit nervous about meeting them. Where the others going to be wusses that would piss the hell out of him? Or would they be actually worth the molecules that construct their bodies? But as he entered he didn't see anyone he'd recognize and simply approached the buffet to get something eat. Breakfast consisting of some hashbrowns, eggs, sausage and a biscuit before going to sit at a table to the side. "... He clicked his PCC up to locate the others and notice that some where here but he didn't bother looking over.

Having his fill of Ira's and Miu's presence he did an about face and strode back into the Cafeteria. Damn it, I hate it when people spoil the mood! I better grab some chow, talk to Ai a little more and then report in to Belinda. She knows I'm here now but I still have it make this official, he mentally grumbled to himself as he walked to the end of the line again.

He sighed as he tried to decide what it was that he really wanted to eat. NJPing someone always made him lose his appetite but he knew better than to try to operate on an empty stomach in the morning. He needed his energy for any sort of task that might come up.

ON>>

As he tore into his food, slowing down as his stomach become more full, he listened intently to Aurora's service record. "Hotaru...?" he nodded knowingly while he finished swallowing. "I've only ever been there once, but I can't really imagine what it would be like to serve there. I only served on the Fifth for a little while, but then my ship was destroyed...apparently." It was a rather uncomfortable subject for him; having to think of Kiyoko again always managed to make him more than a little depressed. It didn't help with her being the Grand Peacekeeper and always having to hear about it...reminding him how forgotten he felt. He took another bite of his food to cover up any indication of sadness, since he hated inconveniencing others with his personal feelings.

"They held my ST data for a while, and when I was finally brought back after...I think...like...eight months or so, I joined the United Outer Colonies. I probably wouldn't have been in stasis so long, but I think Yamatai still had it and the UOC demanded they release the data for all fallen members of the Fifth. Something like that. I don't remember too many of the details...after I was resurrected that was when the voi--" Tesuro stopped himself before finishing his statement. She didn't need to know that he heard voices. He didn't want her to think he was crazy, after all.

He took a few more bites, leaving just a little food on his plate. "But umm...yeah...other than that there's not a whole lot to say about me. Tell me more about yourself, Aurora..."

Aurora pushed her fingers together unsure of what she could say about herself that was really interesting. “Well, I was a neko before the shift but I decided to keep the hair color when I switched to one of those new bodies. I kinda miss some of the little perks every now and then but I’m happy to be able to keep my thoughts to myself without someone else ‘accidentally’ listening in because I forgot to encode something…. Hmmm what else can I really say that’s not dull?”

She paused for a moment not quite looking at Tesuro but looking in his direction with unfocused eyes. “My shipmates tease me a lot for carrying my EMT bag everywhere. They think it’s a little paranoid to carry it around to every meal and function but I can’t help but think that we need to always be prepared! These days you never know when something will attack or something will blow-we’re using so much experimental tech and we’re not in an armistice with the rest of the universe outside of the Nepleslian Greens….”

“You can’t just help but want to stay a little paranoid when the universe is still watching you under a microscope, waiting for you to take a misstep as you learn how to walk- ya know?” Ellis blushed for a moment and laughed slightly at herself. “I’m sorry, I’m rambling. I’m not sure what else there is to tell really. We’d had a kinda off and on busy morning here with our mess detail. The other UCS Eos crew seem to have taken this detail a little more personally but really, it’s not like we’re a part of the PCIS! We’re one of the CDS ships… so we’re mostly only teaching.”

Tesuro watched Aurora intently as she spoke, at length, about herself and her position in the UOC. Since he did not have the best conversational skills and didn't have much experience in the field of meaningful conversation, he found speech patterns and subtle body movements most fascinating. At times it was almost difficult for him to keep focused on the actual subject matter of the conversation he was having, as he was distracted by the gentle movement of his compatriot's lips and the small gesticulations that came along in everyday conversation.

She's talking too much, why does she think any of this matters? But it's interesting...I like her.

He shuttered at the thought of somebody being able to listen in on what you were thinking. Needless to say it would prove more than awkward in many cases for himself. While she continued speaking, he finished up the remainder of his food and pushed it aside. Still listening, and watching, with full attention. He waved off his hand at her modest remarks, "Don't worry, you're not rambling. I think...it's...very interesting. I mean obviously it's a good thing you carry that thing around or else we wouldn't be talking right now!" Making an odd facial expression in response to himself, he stuttered to revise his statement so as to not sound too creepy. "Plus I mean, well you know, that I umm...I got hurt so it's a uhh...good thing you have it with you, right?" he said, ending with a forced chuckle.

Pushing his tray further off, he cleared his throat and looked down toward his lower abdominal area. "Speaking of which I guess we should get started then, huh?"

Aurora stood up with a nod as she grabbed her bag and placed it on the chair where she had been sitting. “Right! Please remain seated. I’m just going to conduct some cursory non-invasive procedures,” she said feeling more confident in the change of subject.

She reached into the black and gold EMT bag and pulled out 3 instruments. She placed one around her neck and clipped one of the others to her belt. She kept a single cylindrical object in her hands as she moved much closer to Tesuro.

“This shouldn’t take too long, I’m going to shine this penlight in your eyes to check the dilation response… now are you feeling any pain anywhere? If so, one a scale of 1 through 10, 1 being the least amount of pain you have ever experienced and 10 being the worst pain in your life,” she asked rather quickly but professionally as she lifted her little penlight up to his right eye. Her perfume was a soft scent of lilies and roses.

When Aurora moved closer to him, Tesuro had to stop himself from shifted back or away. He wasn't used to having his personal space so readily invaded, even during routine medical examinations and when he was yelled at in basic training when he joined the Yamataian military. Still he made no motions to suggest that he was uncomfortable. When she shone the light into his eye, he squinted a bit, but tried his hardest to keep them open enough for her to observe what she needed to. In his experience, the more he resisted these sorts of things the more the examiner probed him.

His pupils shifted rapidly between dilation and contracted before immediately settling upon contraction. They seemed somewhat lost and almost confused in some way. While he was temporarily blinded by the light, his voice shared another thought with him.

God she smells nice, doesn't she? Makes you just want to...eat her up. Doesn't it?

Shuddering a bit at the crude and inappropriate thought, he responded to her inquiry. "Umm...I guess about...a high four or a low five..."

Aurora nodded as she moved the penlight to Tesuro’s left eye to repeat the procedure. “Where does it hurt, Tesuro?” She asked rather simply as she felt rather pleased with the response time. She didn’t think he had hit his head in the scuffle but you could never be sure. She had recalled him hitting the counter and then the floor but she lost sight of him when he hit the deck.

“What sort of pain are you experiencing?” She continued, once she was satisfied by the eye dilation response she turned off her penlight and clipped it onto her belt, lifting up the stethoscope to her ears. “I need you to unzip your Peacekeeper jacket so I can listen to your heart,” the medic added with a slight hint of embarrassment.

Keep your cool, Aurora… it’s just a post fall check up, you’re not asking him to get naked. He should be wearing at least 1 t-shirt under that jacket…

He shook his head a little and blinked a few times after she put the penlight away in an attempt to restore his normal vision. After she asked him to part his jacket, he turned his head from side-to-side to see if there were an onlookers. A couple people here and there were looking at the two of them in a slightly confused manner, but most everyone else minded their own business. It was just as well though, he wasn't about to ask for her to go into a more private area as there was no serious damage and he felt awkward enough as it was without having to worry about what thoughts might run through his head if the two were alone.

So, begrudgingly, he zipped down his jacket all the way and unclipped it at the bottom. As she was expecting he was indeed wearing an undershirt, albeit a very tight one, but it was certainly better than being bare-chested in the middle of a cafeteria while being touched in various places by a pretty enlisted girl. "It's kind of a sharp pain around my pelvic region. Just above my...umm...groin. Yeah there's no pain there at all it's all above the waistline m'hm." he said in an attempt to keep his thoughts focused.

Aurora fought back a blush as she placed her stethoscope against Tesuro’s covered chest and clipped the small box-like device to it as she listened to his heartbeat. “I need you to take several slow, deep breaths. Is it a sharp, stabbing pain or a dull….throbbing pain? Is sitting causing you any discomfort?” She asked rather quickly.

This is going to get awkward really quick if I have to examine his abdomen… but it sounds like I have to see the condition of it… shoot, I can’t do that part of the exam in here. It’ll look like I’m molesting him or giving him head or something.. Her cheeks flushed a shade of pink, as the thought crossed her mind and she quickly tried to dismiss such thoughts.

Tesuro responded to her in between long, filling breaths. "I'd say it's a......sharp, stabbing pain......kind of like......I've been stabbed......just not as......severe." After he had taken five deep breaths, he responded to her second question normally, "It's not sitting down that hurts, it's just bending that area of my body that hurts. So I guess...while I'm going to sit down I get a pain."

Looking at her he noticed her cheeks blush a little, which in turn made him do the same. He didn't want to feel any kind of sexual tension with her, but it was difficult not to when a member of the opposite sex is a gently touching you in a compromising position.

Aurora pursed her lips together as she removed the stethoscope from Tesuro’s chest. She removed the box and checked the diagnostic read-outs and sighed. “It sounds like you might’ve bruised your abdominal muscles. I won’t know how badly unless I can perform a more thorough examination…”

She looked up at his face trying to regain some of her professionalism. “I…uh.. think we’re going to have to go to a more…private area to take a look at your stomach to see how bad the damage is. I’d completely understand if you wanted to go see the station’s doc now...everything else seems fairly normal,” she added in a hurry as her eyes flicked away from the officer as she refastened the little device to her belt again.

This shouldn’t be this hard to remain professional! I’ve done so many physicals of both sexes… this is just…work. Nothing special, just a cursory examination...

She has nice eyes too...or maybe it's just the way they're looking up at you. You wouldn't pass up this...golden opportunity now would you, Tesuro...? If you play your cards right she could be looking up at you from there a lot more.

Tesuro's heartbeat hit the ground running, unsure of what to say to her. On one hand it would be terribly inconvenient to have to go see an entirely separate doctor to re-examine him all over again, possibly making him miss important briefings and the like. But on the other hand he wasn't sure if being alone with this woman was the best idea in the world, especially since it would have to involve a little bit more nudity and a quite a bit more awkwardness. He didn't want her to know he had any questionable thoughts, and objecting too forwardly to it would make that quite obvious, since their glances and blushing weren't entirely unnoticed by one another. "W-well umm...it would be really inconvenient to have to go see another doctor...but I don't want to keep you away from your other duties. If you could figure out what's wrong that would be great...but...I don't know...what's your professional opinion...?"

“Um, well, from what I can tell, you bruised your stomach from falling into the metal railing in front of the serving line. You do not have a concussion, though I imagine she winded you…You could take some aspirin and apply some ice packs to help keep down any swelling and to help ease some of the discomfort,” Aurora replied with a small frown on her face. She took a deep breath as she refocused on Tesuro’s face.

“But without further examination, I’m not really able to determine the extent of the damage… but I guess, if the pain persists after taking some sort of mild pain killer, then I’d recommend a follow-up appointment with the Station Doc or your ship’s doc,” she toyed with the metal end of the stethoscope uncertain. “If you can, I’d recommend a warm bath with a mineral soak to help ease some of the tension in the rest of your body… but I don’t think it’ll really prevent you from too much physical activity. But that would be up to a Doc o give you light duty or not.”

Tesuro nodded slowly, taking in Aurora's advice. It seemed simple enough to take care of, and he was just glad that it wasn't going to keep him out of service and not be allowed to serve on the Zenpyou once it launched like the two whackjobs that caused the injury in the first place. Still, he couldn't help but feel a little disappointed at the lost opportunity, but at the same time he was relieved that he wouldn't need to be put into an awkward situation with her.

"I guess that's good news then...Aurora. I'll go pick up some ice packs and pain killers from the med bay a little later. It's not too terrible an injury...so...yeah, maybe by tomorrow it'll go away." he said as he began to zip up his jacket. "It's uh...too bad you're assigned to the Eos. It was nice talking to you, but I guess we probably won't get to again." he added, his voice a little sad as he finished.

Aurora frowned slightly. “Yeah… it’s how the cookie crumbles, I guess…unless of course, you wanted to be like… pen pals or something. Who knows, maybe after the UCS Eos launches, I’ll put in for a more exciting transfer,” she suggested with a more hopeful smile.

She seemed rather embarrassed by her suggestion. I most sound like a child… pen pal?! Was that really the best thing I could come up with? She thought rather critically of herself as she removed her stethoscope and put it back into her med kit. We both have leave until our ships give us something to do… we definitely could do lunch or something…. But that’d be too forward of me…

Tesuro was surprised by the suggestion. Not because it was uncalled for or undesirable, but because he was surprised that this woman actually enjoyed his company enough to want to at least speak with him again. Most of the time he ended up as an awkward mess causing most people to want to stay away from him save for a few notable examples in his lifetime. However he couldn't help but tell himself that he had too many problems to form any more meaningful relationships. What if he ended up hurting her somehow? But there was no denying the attraction--he had no desire to cut off contact with her right then and there, and it was certainly a rare occasion to have somebody actively wish to speak with him.

Maybe if we're just friends. Nothing else. I won't have to worry then. I can't get hurt and I can't hurt her if I cap off the relationship there... he thought, desperately convincing himself to take her up on the offer.

Tesuro smiled brightly, "Pen pals? I'd like that! I mean, I'm a little better at writing than I am talking, you know." He ended his comment with a quiet chuckle. "Yeah that would be um...that would be great!"

“It’s okay if you don’…” Aurora paused as it dawned on her that Tesuro had accepted her offer of being pen pals. “Really?!” She smiled brightly, beaming, “That’s great! What ship are you on again, so I can make it easier to send you messages?”

Yay! So maybe he doesn’t think I’m a complete loser. This will probably not go anywhere but at least people can stop teasing me about never trying..

“Ellis! Stop flirting and get back here! We still have a few more hours on this detail!” A male voice called from the direction of the kitchen. Aurora blushed again.

Tesuro looked suddenly to the source of the voice and laughed a little. "I guess you're needed back there...we've been at this a while, haven't we? Anyway I'm stationed aboard the UCS Zenpyou. I don't want to get you in any trouble Aurora...so...I'll definitely talk to you later, right?"

"Right, definitely!" Aurora said brightly as she resecured her med kit, and pulled it quickly off her chair. "Remember to take it easy!" She said with a cheerful wave before she jogged back towards the kitchen, her ponytail bouncing as she hurried back to work.

OFF

ON> Mayer Station; Siren 2

The young Jiyuuian combat intel specialist had finally arrived after parting from the Akaramu.

'Right, first thing is to report to Sub-Commander Belinda Blake,' Hikari paused and glanced down at her copy of the ship's map and charted a course for the ship captain’s office.

The black with violet striped hair seventeen year old proceeded with rigid steps leading her way to the door, her data pad clutched firmly in her right hand an item she was never without. The officer paused and adjusted the edge of her uniform; even though nothing was out of place she still felt it was necessary to make sure her appearance was impeccable for her new position. Then with a curled hand she knocked lightly on the door, and then she simply announced herself, "Sub-Lieutenant Kakutama reporting."

Sub-Commander Blake sighed, as she came to the door again. IT was amazing how early all of these people were coming in to report today! She decided instead to pulled up the personnel file instead of walking to the door. "Come in!" She called out in a calm, even voice.

The door opened and then the small officer moved herself into the door promptly and shut it in behind her. She was very young looking, her hair tied up into a tight bun with a few loose bangs framing her face. The only thing that seemed rather strange about the girl was her odd pair of falcon eyes; it was like she could never look anything besides serious. With a step forward she stood at attention before her superior, it was obvious that Hikari was a very austere type that took her position with sober-mindedness.

“At ease, Sub-Lieutenant, please take a seat,” Blake motioned for the girl to sit in one of the large plush gray chairs that sat in front of her small gray metal desk. The office was very sparsely decorated with only 2 flowering trees in the back two corners behind the desk for color.

Blake herself was a tall, muscular woman who wore the heavy scarring on her exposed forearms with a sense of pride. She appraised the much younger officer with almond shaped emerald green eyes that contrasted heavily with her light caramel brown colored skin. Her curly dark red hair had been pulled back in a half ponytail to keep it out of the way.

Belinda smiled in a friendly, polite manner as she waited for the woman to sit. “As you may well suspect, the UCS Zenpyou is currently here at Mayer Station undergoing a refit before it is sent off on its first mission. Because of the sheer number of other ships in the exact same situation, it falls to me to keep everyone busy and help them maintain the station. To that effect, your ship has..the dinner mess detail at 1700 tonight. Tomorrow… what happens is up to your Executive Officer, Sub-Commander Stryker and your captain, Commander Fleming.”

The girl sat down with her data pad placed in her lap both knees firmly together. "On that matter, how is the situation with UOCPF. I'm afraid doing work with the Akaramu has left me a little away from the whole picture involving the Peace Keeping forces." Hikari questioned quite plainly, she was curious to the happenings beyond the fiasco of the Tange nonsense and the death of her sister.

"We've been having a serious piracy problem that has esculated to the point of a Pirate Task Force being formed. We have a shortage on bodies and ships to completely cover all of our territory so we are going to be investigating reports of piracy and killing them. We of course, will also provide training to our civilians so that they can better defend themselves against the pirates and other more...domestic enemies," Blake replied with a bit of a sigh.

"The Zenpyou is on the PCIS so it's mission is more combat oriented but you will be conducting investigations to determine the legitimacy of piracy claims and assess what damage has actually been done. Once you determine that there is a true problem- you hunt down and capture or kill the pirates."

Blake pulled up a floating volumeric projection of Hikari's orders in front of her, "I need you to review your orders and confrim with your right thumbprint that you have read and understood them."

Hikari listened intently, then once she felt that Blake was finished she nodded gradually. "And the protection of our own civilians is the most important goal of our military at this point," Hikari said simply affirming what the Sub-Commander was saying. To Hikari it seemed like the most logical thing for the military to do at this point, their sovereignty was under attack by the brigands too afraid to attack the more established factions. Then with the volumetric screens before her the Sub-Lieutenant read through them once more intently and then did just as she was told.

"Now your assigned berthing for the time being is level 5, Port female berthing 2. Until your mess detail, you and the rest of your shipmates have free time until your XO or Captain decides to reign you in. Unless you had any other questions, you are dismissed," Blake said with a smile.

"I have no farther questions, it was a pleasure meeting with you ma'am," The officer nodded then quickly got to her feet, returning to a standing position and saluted to her commander casually then made her way out. Once she past the door and shut in behind the young Sub-Lieutenant paused and made several notes in her data pad, mostly the important stuff and a few personal thoughts.

'I can only assume that that formality went well, now onto the next portion of this engagement.' With that Hikari was off, the small officer stepping with her normal confidence and firm paces.

OFF>

After saluting David along with Roken, Natsuko decided she was hungry. "I'm going to grab some grub, you're more than welcome to come if you want." Natsuko said before turning and heading off to the cafeteria.

Natsuko scanned for an open seat as she entered the cafateria, her eyes bouncing from place to place. Should probably plop these down first. Natsuko thought. Suddenly something made her flick her eye back to a white haired Jiyuian. You look fami- then it clicked. Ai. Natsuko stood still for a little bit. Deadlocked between running over and hugging tightly her old comrade or staying away and keeping her distance. After a minute or so of quiet thought Natsuko walked over and sat down next to Ai. "It's been a while." Natsuko said to Ai in Yamataian.

Zero continued to eat his breakfast quietly and out of the other’s way, glancing periodically at his PCC. He was doing it to monitor their movements without them realizing it so nobody could try and surprise him. But that would make no sense, he knew nobody here so why would they try to do that someone they didn’t know themselves? His PCC detected and displayed a new person coming in and displayed it on the radar like display. It was wirelessly linked into the station’s computer to do this, as he was paranoid about socialization with the wrong people.

However when he finished his small breakfast he’d stand up and walk back to the buffet to get something more probably fruit. Moving like a shadow past Ai and Natsuko, the young Jiyuuian paused and looked over his shoulder at them. They must be friends from a previous assignment. …Not my business to interfere. But part of him was wanting to reach out to someone to avoid being totally alone here.

So instead of a prolonged greeting, he’d just politely incline his head to both of them. “Hello.” He said and continued on to the buffet to get a refill on the eggs and sausage, putting ketchup on them both and got a bit of chocolate milk before heading back to where he was before. He was tall and decently attractive, but still had this look on his face like he’d never smiled at all.

David continued to walk with Roken after Natusuko rushed off to the mess hall. He glanced over at Roken after he made his comment. "We are guests at this station. You should be happy that they do not put you on latrine duty." David said his joke in a dry manner. He was more interested in meeting the remaining members of the crew.

As he entered the mess hall David took a second to survey the area. Natsuko quickly caught his eye as she walked over to a table already occupied. When the peacekeeper occupying the table turned her head David recognized her as one of the other members of his former squad, Ai. He signaled to Roken to follow him but be quite as he started over to the table as quietly as he could.

"Eh? OH! NATS-" Ai paused her jubilant response to the sudden showing appearance of her former comrade as some random person appeared and said hello. "Uh... hi?.... -U-CHAN!!!" She finished, before glomping Natsuko with as much force as she could muster from her sitting position, giggling out of control.

Ai had had no idea that Natsuko had been assigned to the same ship, having put off checking the crew roster. Actually, she didn't have much of an idea who was assigned to the Zenpyou at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back