• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission Psychopomp

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
That might eff with backstories a bit. For instance, my character was held by them for ten years.

I don't really see how. Good luck with finding a path toward setting approval, though!

Idea #1 Psychopomp creatives could have held Alex in a warehouse that they privately leased during the time they were working for other organizations.

Idea #2 Psychopomp simply existed somewhere else, not Nepleslia. Thus, everything about Psychopomp, including Alex's captivity within it, stay the same. We would just change the SSI article's location and the location of the HQ on Psychopomp main wiki.

Let's go with idea #2 as it disturbs the least amount of history. I'll work on getting the wiki changed and possibly getting us a planet to exist out of. Possibly.

ok
I actually have a pretty cool plot idea to go along with for the most part unknown space

No, we can get pre-made art for the planet from this person, only.

The company, as it stands, would not exist if not for the two characters linked to it, Ace and Alex. Nor does the company need to exist for any other reason — the history is well written and linked, but it links to nothing else across the wider story of SARP. That is to say, we don't see how Nepleslia is affected, or Yamatai or PNUgen or the ID-SOL or anyone else. The company exists as a vacuum for the sole purpose of justifying two characters, near as I can tell.
I agree with Doshii and I feel like creating a whole new star system and a new faction of humans to make the backstory for these characters is even more extreme.

I feel cornered
1 hand we have to scrap all this work and just give
2 hand we have a lot more work to do

@Wes, if you wouldn't go with raz's route, what could you suggest?

I say we leave the history and setting of it as is and tie it in to pre-existing setting elements without changing their histories or anything along those lines. That's all Doshii is requiring of us.

Again, open to your suggestions, Wes.

Edit: Should I scrap the Akashi idea and tell Khasidel nevermind?

Sorry I suggested something unworkable :< Just want to see you guys be able to get your corp approved, since you've been allowed by your GMs to pursue the story thread in 188604 already.

Last edited:
My inclination is to reduce the history of the corporation to the current year. Ultimately that's where your trouble lays (and why Razmataz's suggestion is on point).

It might be best to say that before the current year, the corporation didn't exist. It was an organization, a loose collection, a tight-knit group — whatever suits you. That way, character histories are not disturbed and neither are GM proposals, though it does raise the issue of lack of coordination between GM/char approvers, FMs, setting mods and players in SARP.

The (whatever you call it) has been building themselves up to this point and now are introducing these products after extensive testing on people like Alex and Ace.

You still have the problem of "this corporation is Special," but at least there's a chance it can go forward as something integrated into the setting instead of existing only to justify two character histories.

Okay, we can work with that. There will be some major changes in the next few days. We will solve both the issue of being created current year and also being affiliated with outside groups, people, what have you.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back