• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Resurgence Resurgence of Yamatai - Mission 4: The Hand That Feeds

Status
Not open for further replies.
YSS Resurgence - Bridge

Captain Aoba keyed the microphone button at his console and called the team's wireless channel. "Away team this is the captain, unless you have something that really requires further investigation, I'd like to get the last cargo shipment delivered before word of our tactics and mission spreads around too much. Report back to the Resurgence so we can get going. Mission first...but after that we can take a break on Yamatai while the ship is fixed up. Zanven make sure you take a bathroom break because it could be a long haul to Halna."

Koyama having concluded her questioning of the pharmacy clerk on the world's medical situation had moved on. Food stores having been next on the list for her. And afterward, the XO's seemingly innocent questioning of one of the would-be security members that actually worked for the wreckage that was their government. Cutting the woman short during a boast of thrilling heroics or rather badassery and leaving her looking annoyed. Maybe even a little pissed.

"I have gathered what I needed, for now, Shosa." motioning her group back and then making for the starport and ship. It was enough to cause her to rub her forehead, biting her bottom lip, and mutter to herself.

~"Taii, I'll need the samples you've gathered processed as soon as you are able. I would think Her Majesty might be a little more interested in this one, at least I hope she would. If anything pressing is more important..."~ letting that hang, she picked up again over their private channel all the while wondering what it would mean if Valaad did return to Yamataian control, ~"How did she do?"~

Reactions: Wes
Frank would continue walking in silence for some time keeping pace with the others even though he carried his purchases and weapons as well as some gear from Del. As They moved Frank let the silence between everyone steep for a bit longer before speaking up. "Sanda....Mochi Im sorry." Frank said as he kept moving his words sencear however lacked any emotion as he walked. after a few more moments passed he would speak again. "I'll take a demotion for my unprofessionalism, I dont want to be more trouble for you all you already get enough of that from thad so I will lead by example."

Silently Frank would make a mental note to seek proper repairs from his creator as he feels the damage from the pirate attack to his abdomin has opened back up as the rough patch job was only good for a limited time and with the stranius activity already he was starting to leak again making a dark patch on his uniform start to grow. luckily its nothing to serious however it will hinder his flexibility till its fixed. "When possible I would need to make a apointment with my creator to get properly fixed Ma-....Hoshi-hei"

Last edited:
Outside the drugmart

Thad looked around while he waited on Koyama to finish her call with the captain. He felt very much accomplished this mission. He did his part and never left the side of Koyama. Though he was curious she let him go arm in arm with her for a good part of the mission. She even gave him a compliment and words of praise. She also wanted to hear his side of the story. Maybe this was the start of a new phase. He wished this moment could last forever but it was time to head back to the ship.

"Time to head back huh boss. Shame, this date just started to get interesting too." Thad had the biggest smile across his face. "And I shall take you up on the offer to share my side of the story. Feel your in for a real shock." He reached up with his free hand and rubbed his nose. "Though I hope doing stuff like this leads to more ranks and perks. I could get use to being your personal shield." He looked away slightly, a little blush on his face.

Valaad: Planet side Edge of town

Sanda been silent for awhile. Shortly after leaving the gun store they had passed a restaurant called The Thundering Star. Sanda had stopped and stared at it for several moments without comment. The sign hanging over the door was a lightning bolt overtop of a star. The design of the lighting bolt looked almost exactly like the one tattooed on Sanda's face. The place was locked up and closed. A man was lounging on a bench outside the place and noticed Sanda's stare. "Place is closed right now, which is a shame as it's probably the best place to eat in town. The Hoshi's who own it packed up a couple of days ago and went to help out at the cave in at the mines."

Sanda, eyes still locked onto the sign, asked, "That happen very often?" The man frowned and shook his head. "No, not really. Not as bad as what they say happened. Some people figure it might be sabotage. There's a couple of trouble makers around but that's not really their style." He seemed to notice her uniform and asked, "Say, ain't you part of the Star Army? Is Valaad finally going to become part of the Empire? It be nice if ya'll could put an end to some of the local big whigs and give us some decent officials for a change." Sanda shook her head, unable to take her eyes from the sign. "Sorry, that's all above my paygrade. I'm just here to see how things are going. Maybe things are heading in that direction, maybe that's why they send a ship to check the place out. I don't know. Sorry." She turned and left without any other comment.

It was towards the edge of town that she received the orders from the Captain to return to the ship. Sanda felt somewhat conflicted. The mining accident sounded like more than just an accident. It might warrant further investigation. But did she really think that it needed further investigation or was she just looking for an excuse to go and see if her parents were really there. She would bring it up to Koyama and Inmochi when they returned to the ship and see if it was worth informing the captain about.

"Alright people, Captain has ordered us back to the ship. Let's go." Sanda led the team a different way back. Partly so they could see more of the city but mostly because that would prevent anyone from laying an ambush for them where they had been. As they neared the ship, Sanda became more and more withdrawn. This mission had been such a rollercoaster of emotions and she was still pretty high strung about finding out that her parents were alive. She really needed some time to think and process everything. Unfortunately for her, Frank chose that moment to speak. It had been the first time he had spoken since he had been chewed out.

Sanda grimaced as he used her first name and used a very informal name for the Taii. Este tipo es tan denso como Thad! Sanda thought. She stopped walking and crossed her arms, clearly not happy. "Sterling-Hei." She said slowly, trying to keep her anger in check. "You must have taken damage to your logics circuits on our last mission. I have already assigned you punishment for your error. Presuming to say you'll take a demotion as a way to 'lead by example' is not the kind of example the Star Army wants to set. Further more." This was where Sanda was really getting tired and annoyed with Frank for bringing up That. He had brought it up several times already and every time Sanda had pretty much said she didn't want to talk about it and he hadn't taken the hint. "Whatever issue I have with Maximus-Hei is just that. My issue. I don't like having him brought up constantly in conversation. From what I've seen of you the lately your little better than he is. Now for the last time, so that there is absolutely no misunderstanding as to what I am saying. I. Do. Not. Want. To. Talk. About. Maximus. EVER!"

Frank looks down hes face remaining blank. "Yes Hoshi-hei It wont happen again." He would then want a little slower weather thats from the coolent leaking from him or he feels upset is anyones guess as he made his way back to the ship walking past Sanda. He felt heavier and less motivated but remained keeping pace so as not to cause any more problems.

*lately your little better than he is.* the sentence that did the most damage to franks emotional state played in his head as he walked "Mabie i should have just stayed dead.' frank said to himself as they marched.

Mochi got the transmission from Koyama, and sent one in kind. #"Of course, I'll examine them as soon as I'm at the lab."# Shortly after, he added, #"Sanda? I think she did well. Out of our combat enlisted, I'd actually recommend her for collateral SEA duties. I was going to bring it up with youself and Aoba in person, but I may as well mention it now."#

Sanda's note to the others that they should start wrapping up was what Mochi had expected. It was a shame they hadn't got the chance to see the local fauna and flora from outside the town's boundaries, but that was the nature of these kinds of excursions. They often abruptly ended. As he had been most of the mission, the Elysian was silent and let Sanda take the lead. He followed a little behind her, thinking over how he might mentor Sanda to be the acting senior enlisted aboard the Resurgence. After all, he had been just that for most of his career. Warrant officer ranks no longer existed, for good reason, but it was still nostalgic and had given him good experience.

When Frank perked up, Mochi glanced back over his shoulder to the android. Frank was coming from good intentions, seeming to have learned a lesson from his mistakes. It also seemed that Sanda was once again being consistent with keeping her team on-task and efficiently finding an answer to these situations. The Elysian watched their back and forth, almost seeing the campaign hat appear on Sanda as she spoke. She would have made a good drill sergeant. SEA material indeed.

Mochi didn't quite catch wherever it was that Frank had mentioned Thad, in all honesty he was tuning out a little on the walk back, but Frank admitted he had. As the bulky android quickened past the group, Mochi took the moment to mutter so that he could hear. "We all make mistakes. Just take the correction, the punishment and move on, Sterling-hei." The blonde spoke in a calm, supportive tone - a far cry from his aloof fury that had been sparked earlier that day.

When all the crew members were back onboard, Resurgence lifted off from the dusty spaceport through swirling clouds of sand and raced upward through the skies of Valaad until the skies turned black and she was back in the voids of space. The gunship headed to the edge of the system and blinked out in a teal shimmer and a flash of light.

Onboard, it was lunch hour and Chef Rossa's galley was ready with burgers and hot wings. As the away team got settled in, Cassie gave the group a wave. "Poppy just gave me the OK to return to duty. Did I miss any fights?" she asked.

Delmira waved to Cassie. "Glad to see you are doing better."

"Thanks!" Cassie smiled. "It's not the first time my head got rattled a little."

Frank would remain silent sitting down and eating nutrient paste.

Zanven was just coming back to the galley, he was quiet on the return trip and did not talk much. He was told the Nodachi was being towed with the ship so all he could do was nod and accept it. He showered and cleaned up, he made sure his flight suit was cleaned and he checked in his sidearm. He grabbed a platter with a burger and some wings before taking a seat. He had his data pad and was going over the data from when he went out and helped the away team against the Kuvvy ship. He took a bite of his burger and blinked as he looked at the explosion caused by hitting the back of the ship, going over equations in his head he wanted to face palm, but thought better of it since it would be messy and instead chewed silently.

Yayoi yawned a little to herself as exhaustion came to her, but she forced herself to not fall asleep and waved back. “no fights so you didn’t miss anything.” She commented as she picked up her burger and licked her lips as she began savoring the smell.

Cheilith waved at Cassie as she ate her burger.

Sanda had headed straight to the showers after reporting in. What she really wanted at the moment was to just go to her room and sleep. It had been such an exhausting mission emotionally. But she was pretty hungry as well so after putting on a fresh uniform she headed to the galley.

Mochi disappeared from the group as soon as they boarded, slinking off back to his quarters. Arbs needed to be reassured that everything was fine, and the Elysian was eager to see his kids. After a while of chatting and playing, Mochi departed to his Science Lab to clean up. There were decontamination showers in there, a quick way to jump the wash-up queue. Slipping on a just-cleaned uniform and a stylish white labcoat, the science officer headed down to the canteen to meet the others.

"Hi," Pidole waved as she entered the wardroom to get lunch. She was happy to see everyone came back safely. She went over to get a burger and a couple of wings and sat next to Yayoi. Her beetle descended to the tray and took one of her wings and started rapidly stripping the meat off it.

Once back on the ship Thad had dropped off his gear and headed to get cleaned up. Since he has not done much heavy lifting, just got fresh clothes and then figured he'd wonder around and meet up with crew.

"Oh Thaddy," Mia spotted Thad and came over and gave him her biggest hug. "I'm so glad you're here!"

Frank watched the interactions of everyone still a little sore from earlier conversations with Sanda. "Glad to see some people are bubbly and not biting others heads off for once." Frank commented before taking another gulp of his nutrient paste. He wanted to ask for a burger but after what happened is just sticking to the paste.

Thad accepted the big hug, reaching around and giving her one in return. "I missed you too, glad to see your in a good mood." A grin crossing his face knowing that mood could change in an instance.

"Mia." Delmira said and gave the woman a wave. "You got a hard head Cassie."

Mochi idly watched the others, eventually deciding to get some grub for himself. Stepping up, the Taii loaded up a plate, bid thanks to the chef and took up a seat at an empty table. It appeared that Koyama was elsewhere right now - Aoba was nowhere to be seen either. So, for the time being, it was best he standby and wait to see when the debrief may happen.

"Hey boss," Euikoshi greeted Iemochi, taking a seat across from him.

Sanda entered the galley and took everything in in a glance. Part of her wanted to just grab some food and go be alone but felt that there might be some benefit to eating with everyone. She grabbed two burgers and set down across from Yayoi, nodding to the woman as she sat.

Yayoi munched on her burger silently as she observed those around her much like Frank was. Since she wasn’t spoken to, she remained silent since she didn’t have much to add to the conversation around her.

"Hey, Euikoshi-hei. Good to see you." Mochi gave a pleasant smile, poking at a morsel or two with his fork. "How did you find the away mission? Been on many before?" He offered some pleasant conversation, wondering if anyone else would join them.

"I liked it, but I wish we got to do more free exploring. I wanted to see those mines for myself," Euikoshi told Mochi.

Kalena joined the crew in the now moderately crowded wardroom. "Greetings from the bridge!" she smiled. "We are heading back to Nataria and expect a smooth journey. After that, it's onward to Halna, which is anyone's guess."

Frank would notice Cassie walking about and wave. "hows the new scar there?"

"No scars, just bruises," Cassie told Frank.

Mochi's attention switched between Euikoshi and Kalena as the announcement was made, prompting the blonde to fish a pocket watch out from his labcoat pocket and consult it. They were underway very quickly, perhaps Aoba had a special reason for the expedient departure. After a moment, Mochi caught himself and focused back on what Euikoshi had said. "Sorry- Me too. It would have been nice to explore the desert a bit. Good practice for our budding NCOs.." The Elysian smiled, leaned an elbow on the table and rested his cheek upon it. "Do you know anything about Halna?"

Zanven finished looking over the datapad and just sat it down before he leaned back and took a drink from his glass. He was watching the room for a moment as he just took it all in. In his head he was honestly thinking if this was the right place for him. He was working on finishing his burger after a bit, he was kind of an anti-social blip at the moment.

"Aoba tells me more technicians are coming to help me," Pidole told Yayoi, hoping to strike up a little conversation.

Yayoi glanced to Pidole and smiled” I’m glad to hear that, it's good that you’ll have help and won't get overworked."

"He also mentioned promotions are coming soonish," Pidole told Yayoi. "We should make sure our records are neat."

Koyama having concluded whatever business that had consumed her walked into the galley. Looking a little worn, but otherwise in a decent mood took the time to stop and look at the others. In silence, the officer grabbed something for herself absently, a plate of mystery for whatever purpose since she didn't look. But once she spotted the two rangers, Koyama made a line toward them, plate going down in front of an empty seat to which now had an occupant.

"Enjoy your first taste of command?" the Neko asked, a little amusement tinging her voice."

Mia seemed content, and just kind of hung around Thad like a puppy, gently holding on to his forearm with her hands. "So...sorry about earlier," she apologized.

Frank would throw away the paste tube when finished before walking over to Thad. "Hey big guy when you get a moment would you be interested in helping me set up my new weapon system inside my new arm?"

Thad looked to Frank and heard his idea. He then looked to Mia, then back to Frank. "I'd be interested to see what new toys you found. So plan for your entire arm to be a weapon or just have a small arm?" His eyes glowed as he spoke. Clearly this was something of interest to him.

"No." Replied Sanda. She smiled a little as she said it though. "It was a tougher experience than I thought it would be. "I think I would rather run solo than take command again but I'm grateful for the experience." She continued to eat her burger as she was very hungry.

"Excuse me Cassie." Del said and got up heading over to Mia and Thad and would give the other woman a hug. "Glad to see your doing well, was worried we would have to shoot Thad." She will eye Thad "No hugs for you." Delmira said and pulled away from Mia.

Seeing the rest of the groups congregating Zanven finished his food and picked up his datapad and tray before going to deposit the tray and dirty platter before making his way back to his bunk. He did not stick around for much longer than he needed, last time he did...he made an ass of himself in that hangar so he would do his usual solo thing. Once back into his bunk room he would begin to take apart a model of a Nodachi, before reassembling it, a mindless droning task for the moment to take his mind off of everything.

"Why don't we plan a celebration after this mission is over?" Kalena suggested to everyone.

Frank jestered to his bag unzipping it showing the light armor assault rifle and then to the case he had left at his seat. "I'm gonna need help getting this thing chopped down slightly and wired into my nervous system to fire it maybe even get the ejection port to go out the elbow, the new arm however is a old gun arm cybernetic, big but modular."

"Coming from the sniper who can't aim around a team mate. But nice try at making a jab at me." Thad turned his head towards her as he spoke. To end looking at her with a big smile on his face. "If Frank doesn't mind, maybe you can come play with the new toys too." His attention was once more pulled towards the pile of gear Frank was laying out.

As the burger part separated from the rest of the burger, Yayoi heard Pidole talking and she listened a smile formed at the thought of promotions again, she knew that meant soon she’ll be the same rank as Kiyo. “indeed, neatness is always a requirement for everything.

Koyama finally looked down at what was on her plate. It had been a burger. Her stomach wanted to do a little flip. And not for the better, so much grease! But, she went about assembling it in her peculiar fashion.

"I know the feeling," finally responded, leaving the tomato by the wayside and all but sneering at a little mayo packet. "My first command was utter hell. Not fun. Fresh Santo-Hei with a few months under me. Ended up leading a resupply mission to Asura."

Carefully, Koyama began spreading the mustard as if her life depended on it, "In an active warzone. A downed Iromakuanhe cruiser had invaded our space, shot down, and attacked by a rogue corporation spinning it to their advantage. The onsite SAINT agent was making a mess of things. And the Iromakuanhe survivor's leader very nearly gave up on any further communication

He'd take the help, but did not trust her. And believe me, she was as duplicitous as a snake could be." with a final scrape, the Neko brought a finger to her lips and sucked off the little dollop of mustard. "It all ended with a battle in orbit, an Elysian battlecruiser coming down on our heads and my sitting on an anti-matter reactor performing the calculations to keep it in a state of barely controlled overload because the ARIA unit it had been attached to was gone."

Once assembled, she took a moment for a bite. It made a crunch, followed by immediately wiping at her mouth, chewed politely and then swallowed. "We managed to just get the cruiser's shields online just before impact. So we didn't get crushed."

A smile later, Koyama put a hand on Sanda's shoulder, "Vastly different, but I know the overwhelming feeling well enough. First time is always rough. Besides, I had Thad the entire time. But here's the clencher. 'He behaved'."

"And Yeah Thad, I dont mind." Frank added.

"I know Halna is known as a home for the black market and for criminal groups, specifically Nepleslian ones," Euikoshi said. "I expect it to be significantly more shady than Valaad," Euikoshi said. "It's also a battle site where radioactive Freespacers died. I feel like the Empire is only supporting the people there because they know them from way back and they don't know the new Kuvexian groups. The groups on Halna owe Yamatai a lot of favors and know not to mess with Yamatai. It's one of those 'don't bite the hand that feeds' situations." She looked ot Kalena and nodded. "I like the idea of a crew party. But are the officers invited?" she smirked.

Thad picked up the light armor rifle and gave it a look over. "Looks to be in good shape, straight barrel and." He pulled back the gate and looked at the firing pin. "Seems to be all intact which is a good start." He then held up the weapon and placed it towards Frank. He was looking at his arm compared to the weapon. "We can make it shorter but your give up on the range. Could make the barrel foldable so it can fit in either roll." He took out his data pad and started to draw on it.

Mochi nodded along as Euikoshi recounted what she knew of the relatively unknown planet. She seemed to be surprisingly up to speed on the matter, which made Mochi wonder if she had ever visited before. "Well.. It seems almost everywhere owes Yamatai some favours." The Elysian spoke with an amused tone, popped a piece of chicken into his mouth and swallowed. "I've not met many Freespacers. Plenty of Nepleslians though." Once his fellow scientist mentioned it potentially being an enlisted-only party, Mochi grinned. "Well, I'm sure Aoba, Koyama and I will find something to do. Like bingo, or scrabble, or chess.. Whatever you guys think we do in our free time."

Delmira stuck her tounge out at Thad. "I'm still a better shot than you are."

Sanda listened to Koyama's story. She was very impressed. "Honestly Ma'am, I'd have preferred to have gotten in a fight. Ordering someone to take cover and move up the right flank seems muchísimo easier than having to correct a soldier for improper etticate." She almost choked on her burger at Koyama's last comment. She raised a skeptic eyebrow that said she clearly didn't believe it.

Koyama wore a wry expression, "Yes, he behaved. All I did was pay for his drink, say a nice word and told him to keep close to do his job. He was my guard after all." she shrugged, bit into the food again. "That fight on Asura, was my first real fight. Ended up in the cockpit of a giant Iromakuanhe... giant Mecha of some kind with the leader of the survivors."

"And I came out drenched in whatever they fill the compartment with. Helped him fight an AMX-series Winter, model 02. But enough of that,"

With a smile she put the barely eaten burger down, "I recorded everything while we were on Valaad and can backup the claim of him behaving."

Sanda had finished her first burger so her hands were free. She pointed at Koyama as though she had a pistol in her hand and said, "Who are you and what have you done to our XO?" She laughed at the craziness that Koyama had just shared. "By the way. I picked up some interesting items on Valaad. Some Kuvexian cleavers. I'd like you to take a look at them. They're kind of bulky for my taste, so I was wondering if you'd be able to work them down to a more manageable size. If not, maybe we can attach them to my bike?"

Koyama made her already large eyes go wider, "Maybe I am an intruder in disguise. And the real First Officer is still down on the planet tied up in a mop closet." her voice going low, conspiratorially. "She was too princessy."

But quickly sobered at the mention of the Kuvexians, and specifically, cleavers?

"You want to attach, and please, let me get this straight, cleavers to a motorcycle?"

Sanda really laughed out loud at the princessy comment, then shrugged. "If they can't be worked down to something I can use then the only thing I can think of to make them workable would be to attach them to a motorcycle, or rather that fancy hoverbike you keep dangling before my eyes."

"Well," Koyama tilted her head a little, cupping her chin and placing the back of her thumb against her lower lip. "How would you use something like a cleaver in the field?" with her free hand she waved it, "Or rather make it work for you in whatever fashion you might think you could shape it?"

"As for your little ride, that isn't on the ship. Sadly, Sanda, I do not trust you won't try to peek at a present that isn't finished."

Sanda shrugged, "I don't know. I'm not a tech or a scientist but I figure you could keep the aether generator in the handle and reshape the blade. Cut out all that extra bulkyness. Even if it was shaped more like scimitar it'd be easier to wield than a cleaver. If not, I figure you could do quite a bit of damage with an Aether blade slicing things as you zip by them had high speeds." She said with a mischievous smile.

Koyama had straightened her uniform after having quick as a snake, whipped a hand back, the packet she had left alone on her tray disappearing with alarming speed. Tossed and now gone. "Do you even know how to use something like that?" she asked pleasantly despite that momentary flash of fury.

"Judging from the size and weight of these things, they are made for cleaving through though materiel." Sanda's eyes narrowed as she caught the movement from Koyama's hand.

"Probably because you're in the Star Army. After some Freespacers started trying to make deals with the Mishhuvurthyar in the middle of the Mishhuvurthyar war, Yui, under Empress Katsuko's orders, sent a fleet to rough them up and it was a slaughter. Motherships destroyed, planets glassed...surviving Freespacers tend to give Yamatai a wide berth since then," Euikoshi replied to Mochi.

Frank looked over to Del as Thad worked on the designs, "You are a great shot and Sanda makes good anti sniper body armor as she did take your shot well I hear."

"Hey she walked in front of my shot." Delmira said. "She shouldn't have moved there."

"What I lack in aim I make up with more rounds. Bond to hit something if you put enough down range." Thad said as he looked up from his data pad. After a moment he gave her a wink and went back to drawing.

Yayoi glanced over as she heard the conversation between Koyama and Sanda, and smirked a little before going back to her burger and Pidole.

Pidole looked exhausted. Since the pirate battle she'd been fixing the ship non-stop and the damage wasn't exactly trivial in scope.

"One of these days I think I'll tell you guys how I became a Android. But for now I'll lettle for keeping that under wraps." Frank added as he looked over Thad's shoulder at the plans.

Delmira looked at Mia. "I think we are going to have to team up on him."

Mia looked at Delmira. "Huh?" she scratched her head.

Delmira purred and leaned into Mia's hand.

Mia was still confused, "I thought you and Kinie were girlfriends," she whispered in Delmira's ear.

"I will let you two fight over who gets top bunk. I got arms to design." Thad once more looked over the top of the tablet before looking back and drawing some more. "So how do you think we can connect this to your main system?" He asked leaning back and looked at Frank.

Delmira's ear flicks a bit "Misconception, she wants to take it slow and get to know each other more plus there a differnce in rank." She says and looks up at Mia.

Mochi hummed at Euikoshi once again showing her knowledge of history to be quite stellar. "You know, when you retire, you could easily be a historian if you wanted." The blonde grinned, "Of course, no doubt the sciences will always be your passion, mhm?" Mochi pondered, then continued. "Those wars were before my time, although I have fought NMX. Almost died to them, actually." That wasn't a very pleasant memory. "In those old wars, Yamatai was very different than it is now." The Senator wasn't exactly sure what he was allowed to say. No doubt that chatting about the blood-drenched days of old monarchs wasn't exactly 'towing the party line'.

Thad put down the datapad and looked towards Del. "I would say given my new rank that you could boss me around. Granted you have to get that past the princess and the baby mama first." He let out a light chuckle.

Frank would look to that and think before answering. "I mean the best way to do that is if we could somehow replace the trigger system to something electronic we could wire it in so that if I say wanted to turn my wrist or flip the bird the weapon would come out and fire then."

"People say I'm a good trivia partner because my head is full of a lot of stuff," Euikoshi laughed. "But that's what I think I should be as a science specialist...someone people can turn to for information and solutions. Generalists like us need to know a bit about everything. I was too young to be in those old wars myself, though."

Frank mumbled "Bird Nerds." under his breath when mochi started talking about Star Army trivia.

Mochi didn't seem to hear Frank, although others nearby probably did. Instead, he was too involved in the conversation with Euikoshi. Gesturing to her with his fork, the Elysian nodded vigorously. "That's exactly the mindset to have, Euikoshi-hei. Brilliant that you've grasped it so early in your career." Mochi smiled warmly, "We're there to leverage a wide breadth of facts and ideas to propose ways forward to our superiors. Usually, there's a smarter path than just.." Mochi made a fingergun and mimed shooting it at her a few times, a knowing expression on his face.

"Anyone need anything else?" Agrippina Rossa asked everyone, roaming around the wardroom to check on everyone.

Frank would soon find a packet of mayonnaise mysteriously smacking him in the side of the face. The originator, whoever it had been hadn't made it readily known who they were. Let alone anyone knowing who it had been.

Mia just scratched her head looking kind of dumb. She gave Delmira a sweet hug and looked at Thad. "I think Delmira is thirsty for you," she quietly told him.

Frank Looking around looking down at the mayonnaise packet caused him to grin. "screw it, ill take the punishment." Frank said before picking up a sandwich and looking at Sanda. "Food fight!" he yelled before tossing it.

"What the fuck?" Cassie scowled at Frank.

Delmira was purring away and leaned into the hug. The affectionate neko was enjoying the contact. She looked up at Mia and would look over at Frank hearing what he said and caught the aftermath of his actions. "Oh what the fuck."

Thad was grinning ear to ear as the food fight got underway. Sadly he did not have popcorn to really enjoy what was about to happen next.

Mia snapped out of her fawning over Thad to shout at Frank. "Stop it, you fucking crayon eater!" she yelled at him.

Sanda saw the burger come flying at her. She almost calmly picked up her own burger with one hand while slamming her fist down onto the corner of her tray. The tray flipped into the air and acted a shield. The burger hit the tray and both fell to the floor without spilling on her clean uniform.

Mochi acted like nothing had happened, despite the commotion and cries of anguish from behind him. He'd babysitted the kids for long enough, Koyama could take this one. The officer impaled another forkful of food and glanced back up to Euikoshi. "Of course, the higher your rank, the more you need to deal with.."

Koyama leaned back in the chair as a flying burger, coming apart smacked into the plate Sanda used as a shield followed by all the 'What the fucks.'. She had started it after all. But only on hearing Frank's naming of their Elysian scientist.

Now standing in a fury, she smacked the table, hard for one of her kind. Eyeing them all with a look of danger. "Enough!" her voice raised high as Pidole retreated past her.

Pidole tiredly but rapidly turned in her tray to the track rack and left to head back to engineering.

"Uh Mia lets go elsewhere before people start to die from stupidity." The little neko said looking up at Mia all adorable like. Demira looked at the group.

"I'm the space-maid, I have to clean this up," Mia reminded Delmira, huffing in frustration. It really was part of her duties.

"Don't worry Mia." Sanda said rather calmly while eating her other burger she had saved. "Frank is on KP duty until he passes an etiquette test anyway. He'll take care of all this."

Frank would get the cleaning supplies. "I ain't the one who started it by throwing mayonnaise packets at me but sure ride that high horse all you want."

"Speaking of did you did pick up my clothes i discarded in the hallway, i have been trying to message you about it Mia." Delmira asked the maid.

"It's called a fucking laundry bag," Mia snapped. "Use it."

"Hey now a bomb scare got called in and I had to move quickly to my power armor." Delmira said back at her.

"Okay..." Mia frowned defeatedly.

Koyama had a hand on the table, looking Frank in the eye, "Do not call try to stir the pot further, Sterling-hei. Or a maid uniform will become involved." she warned, and with a clear wireless transmission to him sent just three words: 'I heard you.' followed by 'Bird Nerds' in Frank's voice.

To Mia and Del, she shook her head, was Del still in holographic clothing? Perhaps if they got lucky, some Hei would bump into her out in the halls if so. As for Mia, she was still mulling that puzzle over.

Mochi seemed to finish his meal, letting his cutlery down with a little clatter. It was as if he had been oblivious to the goings-on in the canteen, but had clearly elected to not engage. "Cheers for the conversation, Euikoshi." The Elysian thanked her simply, rising from his place. Turning to the others with his tray still in hand, Mochi addressed them in a nonchalant tone. "I think it's about time we all got back to our duties, no? Make sure not to leave any debris behind for our dear cook and maid." Mochi concluded, although it was clear this was more of an instruction than a suggestion. Passing Koyama on his way to the tray disposal, he gave her an approving nod. She'd done well as an XO, just forceful enough to stop what would have been an embarrassing scene for the Captain to walk in on. Returning his tray, the fiery-winged Elysian swept out of the room, back to the Science Lab.

Frank would mimic Sandas voice saying hes no better than Thad. "Sorry if I'm a bit cross when being compared to someone who as Sanda explained it committed sexual harassment by the sounds of things."

Normally Thad would have jumped into the food fight. However given how things had been going fairly smoothly thought best to just ride this one out. Then he heard Frank share that Sanda had continued to spread rumors. "Would seem while I was away someone put on the big boy pants and started running their month." Thad then stood up, all 6 foot, 6 inches, back straight as an ironing board. "Care to say it while in front of me, or do you plan to hide behind your ranger badge like it is some kind of shield?"

Koyama' tearing her gaze from the android looked to the rapidly retreating Elysian, ~' You're leaving me with these... kids?!'~ her telepathic message shrill.

Mochi responded to Koyama telepathically with a poor impression of an old answering machine, not breaking his stride. ~'You have reached the CSO, please leave a message after the tone. Beeeeeep...'~

"Speaking of clothing I forgot I have nothing but holographic clothing on so I should go get something to wear soon." Delmira said and smiled at Mia.

- - - -
JP END

OOC: JP by Wes, Ajax, Charaa,Soresu, Cowboy, Miko, Ethereal, ShadowWalker,Zanven

Galley

Sanda had been about to respond to Frank's 'high horse' comment but Koyama beat her to it. She just shrugged and finished her burger. She was quite thankful that she was no longer acting NCO. As she stuffed the last bite of her burger in her mouth Frank really crossed the line. Was he really still harping on this? Sanda was also shocked that Frank would say such a blatant lie. She had never once said anything of the sorts. Since Frank had joined he had tried to bring Thad up and every time Sanda had said, quite clearly, that she didn't want to talk about him.

She guessed it was inevitable that Thad would react to what Frank had said. Sanda would have been surprised if he hadn't. Thad stood up, towering over her. If he was trying to intimidator her it wasn't going to work. Sanda was not easily intimidated. Slowly and very calmly Sanda stood up to her full height. Not as impressive as Thad's 6'6" but there was no give in her 5'11". She matched Thad's gaze unflinchingly and stated clearly and slowly so that there was no mistaking her words.

"Maximus-Hei, I don't have to hide behind anything." She let that comment hang for just a moment before continuing. "I have never said anything behind your back that I haven't already said to your face. I think you are an unprofessional soldier and I don't trust you. I think you are very dense and don't see that your unprofessional behavior affects your squamates. However, your sex life has never, EVER, come up in any conversation from me. I have never, EVER, accused you, or even implied that you have ever commented any kind of sexual harassment." She paused and took a deep breath. "Koyama-Chui has just been telling me that you were well behaved on this last mission. While I find it hard to believe, I have no reason to think that she is lying. Perhaps in time, we might even be able to work cordially together. I hope so, butting heads with you exhausting and my energy would be better served against our enemies."

Sanda turned to Frank, her face very cold. "Sterling-Hei, if you are so upset by being corrected for your mistakes, mistakes that you seem incapable of learning from, then perhaps you shouldn't have joined the Star Army. Perhaps you do need to be demoted a rank. Thankfully, that is no longer my concern." She would stare icicles at Frank for another moment before looking at her watch. "Now, if that is settled, I have guard duty in 2 hours and I would like to get a little sleep before then so that I can maintain a vigilant post."

Frank wouldn't look at Sanda as she scolded him, He did however have a few words for her. "And what say you Sanda Is the world your punching bag, since transferring to the resurgence, YOU have been hateful, YOU have Bitten my head off, You called me names. Why did you join star army Perhaps you shouldn't have joined the star army and perhaps your parents should have taught you to be kind to others. Ranger or not Rank or not your a rude child. I didn't ask to be brought back from the grave my soul stuffed into a android made to look like me by a Monster of a man a assassin who refused to die. I didn't ask to be reminded that I'm a android for days about how, talking about what ive been through would make me look crazy There's a planet out there were my old corpse along with those who i died alongside were put to rest after a fight with the people who turned me into a killing machine." Frank turned towards Sanda. his face showing a mixture of hurt and sorrow.

"I get I pissed you off and I get that, should I have acted the way I did no. I've been trying to come to terms with everything with no luck Somewhere out in that galaxy my wife and child still think I'm dead and what should I say? You husband/father came back because the immortal man with a bounty spanning 100 years brought me back because he refuses to suffer alone? I'm sorry Sanda, but maybe I shouldn't have been brought back to life and joined the star army but I thought I could do good again like i did years ago before dyeing for it."

Frank having simmered out letting all his anger and frustration out in the room for the resurgence to see. lowering his shoulders he sighed. "If the recruiter mentioned this, I wouldn't be having this problem....I'm going to clean the room up now and Ill cover your guard duty, enjoy your day off...robots don't need sleep."

Last edited:
Galley

Thad watched as Sanda squared off against him standing at full attention. He had no intention to intimidated her, nor did he expect it would work given who she is. A ranger, designed to be a killing machine and to tow the line without question. There was something to be said about her loyalty and to set right what had been misunderstood without missing a beat.

"I feel we continue to walk down this path of conflict somehow. I have complete faith in you and never once doubted your ability or if you would have my back in a fire fight. Though I will admit sometimes I wonder if you really would." He took a step back and put his hands into his pockets. "I do not wish to have those thoughts, my team is my life and that includes you Hoshi-Nitô Hei." He let it hang the fact he had just used her official title, maybe a first. "I am glad to hear, once more a misunderstand has led to this moment. I shall have words with Frank while we play with the toys. Promise, nothing bad." He lifted his hands out of his pockets and waved them in front of himself.

He let a moment pass then he heard Frank lay into Sanda like the fist of an angry god. This reaction was something to behold. Thad thought he had a chip on his shoulder but compared to Frank, this was but a pebble. Though he was jealous of the last part, as he out of good faith was going to offer to take her shift.

"Let's make it double Frank, as I too shall stand in for Hoshi-Nitô Hei. I might be unprofessional at times but I won't allow a teammate to be worked to death." He paused and then had a big smile come across his face. "Koyama may have left out some of the details. She gave me compliments and let me escort her around like a princess all mission. We looked like a full fledged couple." He let out a small chuckle. "So I'd say she stacked the deck to get me to behave."

His eyes pulled away and looked towards Koyama, the smile returning once more to his face. He wondered if it was all a show or if deep down, she may just like him, even if just a little.

Galley

Sanda was tired, very tired. It had been what? 40+ hours since Thad had started the big scare with the smoke grenade? Even she had her limits. While she hadn't known about Frank's story it didn't much change things as far as she was concerned. He was the one acting like a child, not her. She had been focus the mission at hand and had, gently at first said she was not interested in opening up about her life or discussing her issues with Thad. Frank had not taken the hint. And so her patience had worn thin by the time she had had to reprimand him. She thought about pointing that out, but doubted it would have done any good, as at this point, everyone's emotions were on edge. She did have to fight the urge to not say anything when Frank mentioned her parents. That was a subject you just did not bring up with her.

As for Thad, she was prepared for some kind of barracks brawl that would land her in the ship's makeshift brig. But Thad seemed willing to just move past the issue. She kept waiting for some bad, double meaning remark that had always annoyed her but Thad remained quite professional. At least what passed for professional for him. She was pleasantly surprised by his use of her official title. She nodded her head to him, just a small one, but it was clear that she was willing to move past the moment.

Just as she was about to leave both Frank and Thad offered to take her shift. "No." She snapped out. "I am quite capable of doing my duty. I..." She stopped and took a deep breath. She was exhausted, physically, mentally and emotionally. She cleared her throat and said, "Thank you... gentlemen. I will take you up on that offer, but only if I take your shifts later. You both also need your rest," She glanced at Frank, "Or at least more specialized repairs, as you mentioned earlier." Sanda remained standing a moment longer than nodded to them both, "Gentlemen." With that she headed out before anything else could happen.

As soon as Sanda reached her cabin she headed straight for her bunk. She threw her boots off and just dropped her belt onto the floor. She take a moment to remove her revolver and dagger and lay them beside her on the bed. She never slept without them. Even though her mind was full of thoughts of her parents and what she would do if they contacted her, her body had had enough and she was asleep in minuets.

Delmira watched the whole interaction ready to jump or more accurately protect Mia. Thankfully it didn't come to that and the neko breathed a sigh of relief. She scanned the room and settled her eyes on Koyama. {Do you have a free moment to talk, im sure Sanda filled you in on the kuvexian weapons but i have matter to show you in my quarters.} The dark haired neko sent telepathically before adding. {Its nothing sexual i promise.}

Galley

Thad waited for Sanda to exit the area, just to be sure she did in fact take them up on the offer. He then looked to Frank with a curious look on his face. "The more I hear about your past the more it reminds me of another I have met on my journeys." He took a moment as he remembered. "I believe her name was Nora and had real sad story about her husband. Poor fellow even left behind a kid. I am not sure she will ever be right but I did what I could to support her for the short time we knew each other." He walked towards Frank and put his hand on his shoulder. "Hang in there, future is yet to be set so it is on us to chart the path we take." A big grin washed across his face. "And don't worry about Sanda, when she wakes and showers I will dump some cold water on her to cool that hot temper."

Frank looked at Thad. "Yeah Nora was my wife and the kid is also mine..." Frank added Turning to thad. frank sighed. "If you dont mind could you send a message to her telling her that Frank and Ty are back. she'll know what to do with that info." Frank would continue cleaning the mess that he made looking over to thad when he mentioned the prank of the showers bit. causing himself to chuckle. "I mean you could do that or you could put hotsuce in her panties as a prank for when she gets out of the shower."

After cleaning up Frank would tap Thad on the shoulder "Time for you and me to cover Sanda's shift lets go."

Koyama sighed as she watched and listened to the exchange between ranger and irate android, nay, man. She drummed her fingers audibly on the tabletop, appearing for all the world composed. Even as Delmira looked to her, sending her that brief message and its follow-up the Chui seemed unmoved.

~' The fact you had to assure me it wasn't sexual isn't reassuring, Hei. But, I will be there and look over what you have.'~ nodding toward the exit, dismissing the Neko without saying anything further.

"Gentlemen," she finally said allowed, letting the two know she had remained and listened in silence. "Whether you are joking or not, you are still speaking of a superior. Behind their back, I might add." in front of the woman who could crush their balls in the palm of her hand with ease literally and figuratively. Or rather just one, and the other likely being nuts and bolts.

"I do not say this in malice only in warning," her tone becoming conciliatory, "Sterling-hei, do not suffer in silence with your plight. You speak of your wife and child, if they truly love you then take that chance. Reach out to them.

Also, I permit you to contact them, Frank," standing straight and heading for the door, it hissed softly as it opened using his personal name for once. "Do not go through an intermediary to let them know you live. Be the man you profess to be and do so on your own in your own words. Anything less would be a disservice to you and yours," the Neko tapped her head, then her chest just above where the heart would be then to the one-time flesh and blood man.

"Later on I will help you with further repairs to your systems." making the offer, Koyama passed beyond the threshold of the galley and out to the hall not walking, but floating along toward the crew quarters.

Galley

Thaddeaus lifted his head and looked towards Koyama. "Now look who is telling jokes. You are right here Koyama-Chui. No talking behind your back in the slightest." He was grinning ear to ear, making a point without saying it who he recognized as his superior. It was safe to say, this wasn't Sanda. "But I shall behave, no worries there." He then looked towards Frank and lowered his voice as to not be heard. "Brutal, I shall take that idea under consideration."

"I should have her number if she is still using the same communication device."
He commended as he lifted up the tablet he was drawing on. He took a moment and pulled up the communication and located her number. "Yup, still got her number. Lets go make a call while we tag team Sanda's shift. It is not like at this exact moment the enemy will attack. Even if they did I been stashing gear around the ship for just such an event." He comment as he pointed to his head, highlighting he was having big brain time.

His gaze then shifted once more and looked towards Mia. "Sometime we will need to pick a name for that little demon growing inside you. I was thinking Vladimir if a boy or Soraya if it is a girl." He had picked those names knowing one means prince and the other princess.

Galley

Mia looked shocked. Why would he call their child a demon? She took her arms off of him, shot him a dirty look, and left the galley upset. Frankly she wasn't sure the whole marriage thing was actually a good idea. Based on his actions and continuous flirting, she felt like Thad didn't actually care about her, or the baby, or their relationship, or his career. But she didn't think she could be a mother alone.

Medical Lab

Mia went and found Poppy and said, "Remember what we talked about earlier?"

"You've really decided?" Poppy asked, her expression a mix of concern and sadness.

"It's not that I'm sure I don't want a baby, it's that I can't have a baby until I'm sure about their future. Thad feels like a different person ever since we joined this crew and I don't like it. Everything is so serious now and I just want to go back to when I could have fun and party and enjoy my life. I'm not going to be stuck in a house watching a toddler while my husband runs around on me. I mean I offered to be his wife and he doesn't seem to even care. That's my love, my life, and he just hurts me, like a untrained, feral dog that bites the hand that tries to feed them. Let's just do it and get it over with."

Frank watched as Mia ran off and put his hand on Thads shoulder. "Thad, I'm only gonna say this once: Go after her. Dont be like me and wonder what could have been. Go to her show her you love her and want to be with her."

Frank Took off his simple black ring off his finger and handed it to Thad. "I want you to go to Mia and propose to her. You understand me? Be the man you claim to be and be by her side and no other woman's side." Releasing Thad's shoulder Frank continued to go on watch duty.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thad let out a small grunt as Frank suggested he chase after her. He was starting to get use to chasing after Mia after they meet. It would seem his frank way of talking about serious matters as not going over as expected. "Your right, guess your up first for the shift. Hell, if she'd stay put for more than 5 minutes I'd have time to talk with her. Since she has been knocked up she been running around like a lost child."

He grabbed up his things and headed after Mia. Thad walked into the medical bay to find the two talking. He knew Poppy was going to have some words for him. "Hey, so I didn't want things to be left off like that. Was looking forward to having a sit down talk." He said looking at Mia then Poppy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back