• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Resurgence Resurgence of Yamatai - Mission 5: Expanding Horizons

PISCES STATION

Kinie gave Delmira an enthusiastic nod. "We're definitely going to stop and eat before we leave but we're supposed to look around and I think we should take care of that first," she said.

Navigator Gabriela chimed in, "Pisces has six concourses, which are the station's docking arms. Think of terminals in a starport. We're on Concourse A, which is the Star Army's arm. Concourse B is the YSE government, and the rest have been provided to foreign governments and independents. To what extent they've set up on them is something we should find out."

Yayoi listened as Gabriela spoke of the Station they were now located on. She thought it was fascinating to know that on this station the whole of the Kikyo Sector was shown in a manner of speaking. She thought it was a brilliant idea to have a station used for the purpose, but left it unsaid that maybe the station could be expanded once new people were discovered.

"Yeah i was thinking that but we look by the restaurants kill two birds with one stone." Delmira said and smiled at Kinie. "But you take the lead then."

Meanwhile Cassie came out with Frank and they joined the group. After that, they hopped on a tram line and started flying past the other docks and terminals, seeing dozens of other starship crews out the windows. Soon they arrived at the station's core where the meeting areas for the conference were going to be held. There was a lot of security standing around or patrolling.

"So we're do you want to go first Cass?" asked Frank.

"Let's just roll with the group for now," Cassie said. Her eyes lingered on Frank as she pondered him. He seemed different now, and it wasn't just the new body he'd sleeved into. She wasn't the type of person who was all coy and stuff so she just asked him, "Why the sudden interest in me? Last I remember you were calling me a newbie in the depths of the caves of the Black Moon," she chuckled.

Frank thought for a moment before responding. "Honestly, it's because I on some level understand you. I also think you're cute." He said without beating around the bush. "It was also wrong of me to call you a newbie, when I first joined up I was arrogant focusing on my skill as a spec ops agent and looking down on others. It wasn't until I went to training that I realized I was very wrong and wanted to change for the better a new life if you will. " Frank said.

Sanda followed along with the group for the moment as they headed for the Station's core. She seemed more interested in viewing her surroundings than talking with the rest of the group, though she was listening to what they were saying. As well as examining her su

Akira listened to Mochi's mental message before responding in kind. "And officer's outing would be nice. If we are going to trust our NCOs, now seems as good of a time as any other." she said as she instinctively looked around her surroundings for potential ambushes and any weaknesses within the station security forces. She seemed content for the moment, noting anything she did see their leadership already knew about as it seemed basic.

Yayoi was silent as she glanced around. She considered the idea of breaking from the group but thought that perhapes she should stay for now there would be time to explore and chat it up with diplomats later. Though admittedly she wanted to check in with someone at the NDC side, to see if marketing wise she could sell their Puraliberry Juice at her bar when she's on shore leave again.

"Let's ride to the NDC areas and see what they're doing," Kinie suggested. "The whole thing about sharing with other nations is new and the Empress will want to know how it's going, right?" She checked the map and found the NDC had been given Concourse C to work on. She also noticed that Pisces had a unique agricultural dome attachment on the bottom that no other Scorpio-class Star Fortress had.

Yayoi nodded her head to Kinie. "I'd heard about a juice of theirs, its supposed to be delicious, I'd like to see if its as delicious as this new drink Moon's Nectar of our nation's

"Yayoi-heisho, Cassie-heisho I am going to take my leave. I trust you two will act accordingly as is required of Infantry NCOs. If you have any troubles, contact me." Akira said, she stood there for a moment to see if either had any questions. She especially looked over at Yayoi as she was held to a much higher standard.

Cassie bowed to Akira. "Roger," she answered in Yamataian. She turned back to Frank. "Exactly what is cute about me?" she asked, seemingly amused.

Frank began counting on his fingers while listing out the things he thinks are cute about Cassie. "Well for starters, your a short neko gal that always seems to cheer up the group when your around. You're fun as hell to fight alongside, you have nice hair and from our last conversation when you were shot you were flirty even in your current state of pain." putting his hand down he looks back at Cassie. "So I guess its my turn to ask you, does how I've changed upset you? I mean even Sanda seemed a bit startled at how much I changed if its to much just say so."

Yayoi nodded her head in a bit of a bow to Akira. "Hai, Akira, i'll do my best to follow your trust."

Delmira nodded her head "sounds good." She would look to Yayoi "Oh i never heard of this juice.

Yayoi glanced to Delmira and nodded"it's fairly new one of the Motoyoshi's just made it, and the Bar was one of the first to sell it.

In a few moments the Resurgence group was able to reach Concourse C to get a first look at how the NDC was using their wing of the station. Kinie and Gabriela led the way as the tram doors opened, looking around.

The soldiers would find the NDC's concourse clean as they exited the tram, an NDC logo illuminated in holography along the wall they faced. The architecture within was ever so slightly modified to suit the fledgling nation's signature stylings, including refurbished doorways stylized as hexagons.

Men and women in uniforms went about their business within this small enclave of Duskerian culture aboard the international station, the uniforms ranging from simple dress uniforms in black and red to more intricate long coats signifying the presence of an officer. Many tourists and off-duty personnel also lined the hall, visiting small gift or food stalls located in small awnings. In contrast to the rather streamlined architecture, the smell of cooked food was homely and welcoming.

Akira remained on the tram and smiled as the group got off. Once the doors closed again, she sighed once the smile was no longer required. Looking at the station map on the tram, but looked at what the next destinations will be as the tram started moving again. She wondered if anyone would notice if she just sat there going around the station for hours.

Yayoi glanced around the room as they arrived to the NDC's concourse, immediately she spotted the Mining Guild with their own stall off to the side with the technology including the ships they used. She turned her attention to the other things to see here as she stepped forward.

"Have any of you been to the NDC before?" Kinie asked, "Just wondering."

Gabby shook her head no. "I wonder if they have their own culinary traditions yet," she said. "I mean, it's been, what 5 years? They seemed to pop up out of the aether."

Sanda immediately separated herself from the group so she could get a better look around her and so they weren't all group together so they couldn't all be taken out at once. Ranger and Giretsu training were far to ingrained into her now to think any other way. She had never been to NDC area and so there was so many new things to take in.

Delmira shook her head at Kinie. "No just been in various space ships."

Yayoi shook her head. "No, never been there, but they have been a great help to the resistance, and on Essia I heard." She replied as she looked around.

"Let's talk to some folks and gauge opinions," Kinie suggested. She looked around for a random NDC officer and approached them with a smile and a warm hello. "Hi, I'm Kawa Kinie, I'm an officer from the YSS Resurgence, we're just passing through on a survey mission and I wanted to meet someone from the NDC. Do you have a minute to talk to our group and take questions?" she asked.

The officer turned to face Kinie, giving a brief downward tug of his cap to settle it on his head. The man's holographic shoulder tab displayed a yellow rising sun against a red background, with a single white rank bar set below that with a yellow insert.

"Certainly, I can spare some time Ms. Kawa. I'm Commodore Alan Corrin, in charge of the Conclave Fleet's presence, such as it is, on Pisces."

Yayoi nodded her head in agreement to Kinie in agreement. Silently once more she followed her fellow crewmate.

"I smell food," Gabriela whispered to Delmira. "You've been on an NDC ship before?"

"Me to." Delmira will look at Gabby "No just Star Army and Kuvexian."

Yayoi could also smell food, some of it very Yamataian by the smells. As she stepped forward she thought she spotted Rice at one of the stalls.

Yayoi's eyes did not deceive her, the stall she looked at was serving rice along with grilled meat, marketed as Sirran shark.

Off to the side Cassie continued to chat with Frank. "I'm not upset, I'm still getting used to it. To be honest the old you looked a little nuts and I'm still getting over that mental image," she laughed softly. "I guess I've also been kind of building a wall around myself because I've been a messy puddle of emotions sometimes and I don't want to let people in and see that. So I've been just doing hookups in bars instead of having a legit relationship. I mean I guess I need to ask first what do you want from me?"

Frank gave a soft smile. "I guess I want there to be a us, i want to be there for you someone who I know I can relate to and help them threw the same turmoil and problems I once faced. A actual relationship we can start small and see were things go." Frank said thinking for a brief moment he added. "on the topic of me looking nuts, that's probably due to Ty using a outdated doll soldier body I was actually a lot younger than that thing and you can see that."

"Okay," Cassie told Frank. "Just don't push me too fast on the emotional front. I've been burned before, mainly because everyone who ever loved me died so I have attachment issues," she warned him. "I'm less picky on the physical front," she added in a hushed voice. "It's been a strong one-night stands for me other than Euikoshi's little experiments."

Frank nodded. "Well then I guess its a good thing that death doesn't seem to want me," he said with a smirk. "But no problem we will take it slow, as far as the physical stuff goes mabie we hold of on that until your ready like I said start off small."

Kinie gave Commodore Corrin a respectful bow, "Pleased to meet you, Commodore Corrin," she smiled. She waved the Resurgence away team over to come meet him, introducing them and giving them a chance to ask questions.It was a unique opportunity.

Delmira will go meet with Kinie. "Hello my name is Delmira Brunhilde Lulie."

After the introductions, Gabriela asked the commodore, "How does the NDC see Yamatai and what do you hope for in the future in terms of coexisting and working together?" she asked Alan.

Yayoi looked at Kinie and the Commodore and bowed her head. "hello, i am Asakura Yayoi."

Commodore Corrin returned Yayoi's brief bowed head for a moment before responding to Gabriela's question. "Farbeit from me to speak on the behalf of my colleagues serving in the diplomatic corps, but we've had enough of war recently. Myself, I hope to see an ally in Yamatai, and a strong one. Glimmergold showed those of us who made it back that we're not ready to stand apart from the rest of the international community."

He doffed his cap for a brief moment as he spoke of Glimmergold before returning it to his head. "Having Yamatai as a neighbor, frankly, is a good policy so long as we're on good terms. You're a large nation, and much of our GDP comes from trade routes into and through Yamatai space. We can rest easy knowing our shipping is protected, and that we'll have a strong neighbor in times of external threat."

For the introductions, Sanda returned to the group. A NDC Commodore was something she wouldn't hang in the shadows to meet. She saluted the officer and introduced herself. "Itto Hei Hoshi, Ranger."

Corrin returned Sanda's salute for a moment before finishing his thoughts. "Be it as it may that my train of thought is colored by my position within the military, I believe that as long as our international relationships remain intact, Yamatai benefits the NDC and vice-versa. As for forging those relationships? I leave that to the professionals."

Gabriela nodded. "Thank you, Commodore. I think Glimmergold showed us we live in a tiny corner of a very big and hostile galaxy and we'll need to work together to stay safe," she said. "I agree with you and I hope the Star Army and NDC will work together on that."

Sanda smiled at the Commodore's words. She agreed with him. Glimmergold showed that the power could fight well beside one another against a common enemy. She hoped that that memory would not fade soon from people's minds.

"It's a shame Thad isn't here, maybe he used to work with some of these people," Kinie pointed out. "Y'know, back on the planet that evil Nekovalkyrja took over in grid 188604."

"Ah, well Osman attracted quite a number of colorful characters. The Conclave got its start as a research organization, and for a while the Skyguard was led by some kid the ruler found. I was a cavalry officer at the time." Corrin commented, recalling the days of riding horses across the dusty plains of Osman.

"That's wild!" Gabriela exclaimed! Cavalry barely existed on Yamatai, and was mainly out of ancient cultural horse-archer traditions deeply rooted in traditional Yamataian culture. "If you ever visit Yamatai you'll have to visit Vela, it's the equestrian city of planet Yamatai," she told him.

"I'm afraid I'm a bit too high up the chain now to get much leave, but when I do get a chance, I'll make it a point to visit." Corrin said, "It's been too long since I've been in a saddle."

"Lastly, if there's no other questions from my crew mates, got any dining recommendations here?" Gabriela asked Corrin.

"I believe one of your company was looking at the Red Shark earlier. They specialize in fresh Sirran Shark. It really has to be experienced firsthand, but if's a bit meatier than most normal fish, on account of the musculature." The commodore explained, indicating to the stall that Yayoi had been looking at earlier.

OOC: JP by Wes, Demibear, Ajax, Charaa, Cowboy, Soresu and Soban, Spaceeye, Shadowwalker, Alex Hart

Mochi met up with Akira shortly after the NCO brigade had departed for their outing. Offering a polite wave, the Elysian smiled to his fellow officer. "Hello! This should be an interesting excursion. I wonder where Koyama has got to?"

Akira looked up at Mochi when he arrived at her location and stood up. "Aye, it definitely will be. As for the XO, I am not sure. She has not sent any messages to me. Perhaps caught up with something the Captain requires of her."

Mochi nodded a few times in agreement, "That's probably it- Or she's away on Ketsurui or Senate duties. We can go on ahead and I'm sure she'd be more than happy to meet up with us when she's free?" The science officer offered the course of action, rubbing his chin. "I wonder what there is to do around here before formalities start."

Koyama walked with an artless grace within the confines of Pisces. Dressed in a furisode, a type of formal kimono with long sleeves. All red and silver. Sandal’d feet never appearing as she walked with an ease borne of one used to wearing such things. At her side walked a woman in the white and red of the ruling clan’s Samurai. At least this one was visible. For she had others about her, moving silently and unseen. Transparent Zesuaium blades sheathed but ready to draw. And the titular Type-27 NSPs hidden on their person, those too invisible to the eye. The First Officer of the Resurgence for all her worth had grown her hair out once more.

The short hairstyle replaced with the one from before. But far more well maintained. The jet-black hair was lustrous and swaying to just barely above the lowest point of her back. In her hair was a kanazashi, a type of hair ornament shaped like that of the spider lily, and from it dangled a small chain of silver teardrops. The rest too was red, but the distinct crimson of the Ketsurui. People parted for her even as she herself also surrounded by a small group of aides, some speaking. Some showing her datapads. Her molten gold eyes glancing from one to the next. Taking everything in at a glance.

Every so often, her lips moved. Obviously making comments here or there on something of note. Or that caught her eye. The International Relations Conference was taking place at this station. And she was to be the Empire’s representative, along with a small delegation. Her time was short.

"Conference duties." her voice trickling from behind the duo.

Akira looked over towards the samurai and simply nodded her head. She knew they were typically people of few words. Espcially compared to the other group of samurai she has met several times: the Mizumitsu. Now they were always spouting philosophy or doing calligraphy when not practicing their combat arts.

The Samurai's eyes merely shifted to Akira, and then back to looking about the crowd.

She then looked over to Koyama. "Thank you for choosing to use some of her limited free time with us. Do you want to remain in Concourse A or elsewhere? I was thinking of going to D to see what the Reds are up to, but I can do that on my own."

Mochi whistled slowly, clearly impressed by Koyama's royal appearance. Both of his eyebrows raised and he cast a glance to Akira to see if she was equally taken aback. The Princess had clearly gone all out, and it goddamn worked for her. The samurai style suited Koyama and Mochi had to do a double take, silently reminding himself that he was a married man.

"That's impressive." The Elysian blinked, complimenting Koyama, then regarding his own uniform. Fairly plain in comparison to traditional Yamataian clothes. Sure, the awards slide and such were nice, as well as the Baronet medallion he had been awarded by the NDC. Mochi still couldn't help but wonder if he should have made more effort.

"What kind of duties were you given? I believe I'm mostly here to voice in my capacity as Senator, but it looks like Yui may have had something special in mind for you, Koyama?" It was that, or Mochi needed to do a wardrobe change at some point.

“You have half an hour at most, hime.” reminded a blue-haired Nekovalkyrja wearing a rather snappy smokey grey suit and skirt. Koyama looked to her, the telltale buzz of wireless communication. Static. Going between the two. The aide put her datapad underneath an arm. And with great delicacy, the XO managed to furl the long-sleeve up enough to twitch a finger and the aides scattered like a startled flock of birds. Apparently she had told them what she needed done.

The Samurai snapped her gaze to the Elysian at his compliment before seeing her charge stare up at the taller woman. With an exhalation through her nose, the guard went back to scanning the crowd as the hidden sentinels fanned out around them.

“Representative of the Empire.” came Koyama’s measured response. “The remainder of our delegation has yet to arrive.”

Akira watched for what the samurai was looking out for, as well as where the aides and anyone else that really seemed out of place to one who knows what to look out for. Though she did not have the level of close protection training that the Yojimbo here did.

She always turned down any offers to be around high pretige individuals because she hated the "aura" of protection they always had. Made her more jumpy then usual, though she was good at hiding her desire to peel off at the first chance. Seeing how she had not been directly addressed yet, she remained silent.

Mochi, for his part, seemed far more relaxed and trusting about the security of the Conference than his two companions. The Elysian rested his hand on his xiphos, which he wore in place of the traditional officer's sword, given his cultural ties. Given the prevalance of ST technology, assassination was never a true threat really, in any case.

Akira's eyes instinctively shift over towards Mochi when his hand rests on his xiphos. She then looks aways.

“I am here as a civilian and royal today, Suzuki-taii.” Koyama said wryly. “My guardian is merely watching for potential threats. They take their duties seriously.” Came an answer, seeming to have latched on to some of the Taii’s desire and question. Her gaze was unblinking while eyeing her fellow officer.

“My aides are off to perform their duties before the beginning of ceremonies. They were merely bringing me up to speed on the participants.” But then she spread a hand before her. “Shall we go then? I have some time yet.”

"Sounds like a plan - we can decide where to go once we have an idea what attractions are around. It's not often we get to see the nations and races of the sector all coming together like this." Mochi seemed in thought for a moment, his bright wings ruffling quietly behind him. "I bet a lot of my family are on Pisces for this..- Not Arbs, I mean- My extended family." Arbs had opted to stay with the kids and take them out quietly later on, rather than with Mochi where they were bound to draw more attention.

Akira seemed to deflate ever so slightly when she realized Koyama's nobility training would be able to piece through her mask. Nodding her head in agreement to move on, she looks over at Mochi. "Extended family? All of them important enough to be on this station outside of Concourse D?" Akira asked him. Seeing how she was the only one left of her genetic line, she rarely thought about extended clans.

An almost predatory smile came about Koyama at the Elysian’s remark on his family. “I could check for him.” Then began to push onward.

Mochi trailed a pace or two behind Koyama, his face contorting into a worried expression. "Well-" His green eyes slid between the two women, instantly wondering if he'd made a mistake in bringing it up. "I come from err-" Mochi rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, tousling his golden hair, a sign of his lineage. "Well, a complicated.. family." Family was probably the wrong word, not at all like his relationship with Arbs and the kids.

"They run IIS, the big consumer goods company. They have contracts with the Star Army and Yamataian Government.. One of my sisters is, uhm, a Shosho? Or a Chujo? I don't think I've ever actually met her." Just saying *some* of this out loud made Mochi realise just how messed up the situation with his siblings was, let alone his father.

"Chujo Iemochi Feyani," Koyama helpfully supplied for Mochi.

Akira is stunned. "I see. Never made the connection between you and them."

"Yeah, that's her." Mochi nodded in confirmation to Koyama's rather uncanny knowledge on the subject. Tilting his head a little, the officer was clearly wondering how she knew that off the top of her head. Returning his attention to Akira, Mochi gave a apologetic smirk, "I sort of prefer it that way. But, it would be - hrm - interesting - if we bumped into them."

Koyama did not even ordain to shrug at the Elysian’s tilt of the head. Too unladylike.

"From the sounds of it, interesting the bad way. Perhaps we should avoid that." Akira mentioned as she walked besides Mochi. She then looked at Koyama. "As I am retiring Koyama-taii, I have talked to the perfect candidate to replacement that I think will be a better fit for the infantry section, Taii Mikael Harris. He seems interested in the position after spending a year with the NDC."

Koyama's lack of response left Mochi to wonder what interest the Princess may have in his family, but then again, she had recognised him on sight when they first met. Perhaps that was just that infamous royal training that Ketsurui are put through..? Clearly, Koyama was keeping her cards close to her chest.

"You're retiring, Suzuki-taii?" The science officer echoed, recalling something about that from the command discussions they had aboard the Resurgence. "Sorry to hear you're leaving us, but if Harris-taii has impressed you, that says a lot."

“Taii Harris, formerly of the Kaiyo II. Giretsu Infantry.” Koyama pursed her lips a moment. She had been using her PANTHEON access. Then sighed. “I am a civilian today, Suzuki-taii.” reminding the woman with a side-glance. “But I will let it slide and take your suggestion into consideration as it pleases you.”

"Thank you." Akira said, smiling a bit. "Apologies Koyama-taii, it just seemed important enough to bring up right now. Those youngin's still have a lot of work cut out for them if they are to be truly capable." she said before cutting herself off from making a long speech about anyone can hold and fire a weapon, a true soldier knows when to use it and not use it.

"Plus the mention of family seemed to pull Iemochi-taii down a bit." she continued. She then looked around to see what was decent to eat.

"The Kaiyo?" Mochi let an almost inaudible sigh pass his lips. Today really was bringing up all the memories. He'd made a lot of friends on that ship, but knowing that others had been and gone since his time there was quite humbling. It just showed how far him and his old crewmates had gone. Scattered across the galaxy.

"Speaking of the 'young ones', I need to bring up the topic of Sanda when we have the time." Mochi didn't want to impose work-related topics onto Koyama's small private time. Shifting his emerald eyes to Akira, the scientist shook his head lightly. "It's all good, don't worry. I shouldn't have brought it up in the first place."

Spotting a row of restaurants and food stalls that had been erected on the Concourse, Mochi pointed them out. It seemed like there was a ramen place, some traditional Elysian foods and even a couple of far-fetched vendors for cuisines such as Neshaten. "How about there? If not, I think I have access everywhere other than Concourse F, so we can look around."

“That insertion was terrible.” commented Koyama. “All of them need further honing. Team building.” With a shake of her head and contemptuous snort, she added, “And Delmira bringing a sniper-rifle on to a ship. Frank a Gatling weapon? Was it Aetheric?

Did he know he could puncture the hull?

Or that such a weapon generates incredible heat and radiation over prolonged periods of use in confined spaces?”

“Please leave Harris-taii notes on their handling of the operation.” A buzz came from the Samurai. Koyama sighed, took a breath and exhaled all composure again.

“Apologies. I am… passionate with combat.” But to her fellow Senator, she just nodded. “Choose. I have some time yet, but it is dwindling.”

OOC: JP by Demibear, Soresu and Ethereal

Pisces Station Concourse C-to Mining Guild Stall
Yayoi had broken away from the group as her desire to see things alone grew stronger. She’d join them at the restaurants later. Her eyes scanned the stalls, taking in the food, both familiar and not. She’d heard the staff behind the stalls say that they had family in Yamatai and that some were descended from Yamataian immigrants.

She stepped u to the counter and saw Puraliberry juice was on the menu. “Can I get a Puraliberry Juice?” she asked the merchant who nodded before asking, “want it in Durandium can or the filament cocoon. She was about to speak when a voice spoke up. “I’d recommend the filament cocoon; it'ss edible and good for the body and the environment. “ Yayoi nodded ”ok, then the cocoon,” she said, turning to the owner of the voice who it turned out to be a Separa’shan wearing the uniform of a Galactic Horizon Security officer.

The Separa’shan got two Puraliberry cocoons and then turned to her and watched as she took a small controlled bite of the cocoon and turned it so that the juice could enter her mouth, like it was a coconut. “That is delicious!” She replied, and the Separa’shan grinned “right?!” Yayoi turned to the merchant “Heya, I have a bar back on the capital world of Yamatai. Any way I can get this juice sold there? I am working with a member of Yugumo Corporation as a partner for it” The Merchant smiled “Yugumo?! We love them, I live in one of their apartments back in the capital city of Draco Eridanus. We can work through our connections and have it delivered to your bar, just need..” he grabbed a pad with the required info, which she quickly fills in ”excellent, Puraliberry will now be sold in Yamatai!” This caused her to smile, and she stepped back.

“Mining Guild, it createss tunnelss breakss rocks, and build bridgess” The Separa’shan commented as Yayoi nodded” Yeah, by the way, I’m Asakura Yayoi, nito heisho in Star Army,” She said extending her free hand to the Separa’shan.

The Separa’shan shifted the cocoons and then shook her hand “Iriss Zepheriss Galactic Horizon Ssecurity officer, though currently off duty at the moment” Iriss replied, and then as Yayoi began walking the Separa’shan followed her each talking about their jobs and it turns out both had something in common both were in a resistance cell. Though each were on different planets, Yayoi was on Hanako’s world, while Iriss had been on the Separa’shan home world.
They stopped suddenly when a screen activated at her approach and the two saw an asteroid bring broken by The Mining Guild’s ANT power armor. The metal ore was soon removed and then placed in a long ship and eventually dropped on a conveyer belt, which stopped and an energy field swarmed around the ore before words lit up. Silver! And it was taken to a different tunnel and then dropped in a container with melting metal. “Whoa” Yayoi commented as she watched, then a Nekovalkyrja appeared wearing the Mining Guild’s business attire. “From the Mines to the asteroid fields, the Mining Guild works hard to serve and aid in bringing materials and gems to where it needs to go! I’m Aeta Kurosaki! And my twin sister and I would like to invite you all to join us at our Main Headquarters in Obsidian City, or the branch office in the Capital of Draco Eridanus! we are willing to answer questions you may have at our stalls!” The image on the screen changed to show the Main Headquarters in a neat-looking city, then the Branch offices which zoomed out into a massive city that appeared to be underground.

“Neat” Yayoi commented, Iriss nodded ”Yeah anyways, I need to be going, I gotta support my work, but I wanted to catch a glimpse of my dad. Have a good day Asakura-Heisho!” The Separa’shan left her Nekovalkyrja companion to walk towards the Mining Guild stall.

As she approached, she saw a crowd of people, Nekovalkyrja younglings, along with other kids off to one side, playing with something that appeared to be the Plasma Cutter/Torch, which was stuck to the counter. There was a rocky thing that they could shoot at and as she approached, she saw that whenever the kids managed to get out the ore using the Cutter and the Mole claws, which were remote-controlled the ore disappeared only to be replaced with the rock from before. The staff told the parents that, that part was a volumetric display with the tools also of a more solid version. “That’s neat,” she said to herself, thinking that it gave the kid's good feelings that they accomplished something.

Yayoi soon joined the kids, being no longer than one of the middle-aged of the group technically and she tried out the display. “Heh, if I didn’t have the bar, and was a soldier, I could have been a Miner, who knew!” she joked with herself as she stepped aside to let the next kid try it. She watched them, then looked at the Power Armor, and the ships of the Mining Guild had. She found it all so fascinating, and soon noted that they had a plaque that showed their partners and business dealings.

Frank smiled "So is that a yes to a eventual date?" Frank asked Cassie before offering her his hand. "common if were quick we can catch up with Del at the bar." Frank would walk on ahead to the bar with a bit more of a pep in his step. to say he was a bit happyer was a understatment he was a bit depressed when Nora moved on but he understood why she needed to and now hes attempting to start anew with a person a lot like him. "Common today Ill cover the cost think of it as a shopping trip."

Pisces Station Concourse C-NDC area

Sanda noticed Yayoi detach herself from the group and headed her off before she got far. "Looks like we both have the same desire to fly solo." Sanda commented with a smile. The Ranger was too ingrained in them to enjoy a large group of people on an intel gathering mission. "Since you're the Heisho, I'll let you know I'm going to head to the Nepleslia concourse, in particular the Reds part of town. We've been running into a lot of Reds the last few places we've been and I think our Empress would be interested in what they're plans are. My parents were Red sympathizers so I know some about them and they might be more open to talk to me. I'll see you later for dinner." Sanda and Yayoi nodded to each other then went their separate ways.

Pisces Station Concourse D-Nepleslian/Reds area

Sanda instantly noticed a difference between Concourse C and D. While the NDC area had been well lit with NDC architecture, Concourse D seemed almost the opposite. There were a lot more shady or downright dark areas. The atmosphere seemed a lot more charged, as if a fight might break out at any moment. Sanda smiled, this was her people.

She spend the next hour and a half going into different shops and just browsing. It allowed her to strike up some conversations with the shop owners. At first they seemed a little weary of the uniform. But Sanda's lighting tattoo and obvious Nepleslian heritage helped overcome any reluctance to talk. She was particularly curious about how the Reds felt living in Yamatai space. Nepleslia seemed to have moved on past its hate of Reds, due to the work of Robert Davis and other senators who desired to move past that dark time in Nepleslian history. Many of the Red sympathizers she met seemed as if they had also moved on, but just didn't want to return to Nepleslia. Sanda was also informed that there were still a few Reds who wanted the current government overthrown and themselves put in charge of Nepleslia, but they were much smaller groups and that didn't have much support from your average Red.

Sanda was leaving a cybernetics shop where she had met a woman who had been very helpful in sharing the feelings of the locals when she felt her hair stand up on end. Her pulse quickened and she had to fight the urge to dive into cover and draw her weapons. She had often heard snipers describe the sensation of being in someone else's crosshairs. She had only ever felt that feeling once before during Ranger school when she had had to avoid detection during the final week of training from her instructors. That was what she felt now. Someone was hunting her.

As quickly as the sensation came, it was gone. Sanda looked around her, trying to find the source of her discomfort. Nothing. She almost smiled to herself. "Ok, quieres jugar juegos. Jugaré." Sanda moved casually over towards the shadows then moved quickly into cover. Sticking to the shadows, she made her way to a better position where she could watch the street and and the shop entrance where she had first felt that twinge. After waiting almost 15 minutes Sanda began to feel a little silly. It must have been her imagination. She was on the verge of moving when she saw a shadow move. A shadow where there shouldn't have been a shadow. She could hardly believe what she was seeing. She really didn't believe in ghosts, but that was what it moved like. She knew instinctually that someone was moving from those shadows and that that someone, whoever it was, had been the cause of her start.

Sanda headed the ghost shadow off to a place where she knew it would have to go. She found the perfect place to remain hidden, where the 'ghost' would move past her without seeing her. Her trained senses detected the ever so light footfall of someone walking towards her. Her hand unconsciously moved towards her blade. The 'ghost' came into view and suddenly stopped right in front of her hiding spot. It wasn't a ghost. It was a man, dressed in what could only be described as a camo-cloak. The man turned his head and looked right at Sanda. Sanda couldn't make out the face, but she could see the eyes. Eyes that were amused and kind. Sanda heard it chuckle. "I thought that was you. You have got some damn good skill. I guess those Yam Rangers are as good as they say."

The voice sounded familiar, but Sanda couldn't think go where she had heard it for a moment. She came out of her hiding place and said, "We're some of the best in the Galaxy." It wasn't a brag, it was a simple statement. "I can see that." The 'ghost' said as it removed the hood covering his head. Sanda instantly recognized the face. Even though she had only met the man once before, years ago. There was no mistaking that scar and tattoo. "Hello Caffran." Sanda said.

Pisces Station Concourse D-Nepleslian/Reds area

Sanda looked at her watch. ¡Miércoles! ¿Han sido realmente dos horas? She looked over at Caffran. "Sorry. I've got to go meet back up with my crew. I am still on duty after all."

The Nepleslian scout just smiled. "I got to report back to my ship as well." Caffran looked at the ground a moment, as if he was distracted. Then he said, "I'd like to see you again... when we're both off duty."

Sanda felt herself smiling even though she was trying hard not to. At least not so big. "I would really like that." They quickly exchanged com numbers then Sanda turned to leave but paused. She turned back to Caffran and kissed him on the cheek. Then she hurried away to rejoin her team.

Caffran watched her leave, a big smile on his face. He remained there for several minutes after she was out of sight. Then he melted into the shadows and left the area. Even though he stayed invisible, he couldn't help but whistle a happy tune out loud.

When Sanda got back to Concourse C she found that the away team had basically split up and gone in small groups to various parts of the station, with most of them shopping or exploring the many international restaurants that Pisces Had to offer. Instead, she found Pidole and Poppy wandering around, who immediately spotted her and came over to say hello.

"We just got off the Resurgence. It looks like the teams are taking a break right now and we decided to do a little shopping ourselves," Pidole explained, hefting up a bag from Dizzy's Secret, a local lingerie store.

Sanda smiled at her crew mates, but then rolled her eyes when Pidole held up her bag. "I was going to ask where you guys were shopping at, but I should have guessed."

Poppy shrugged. "I told Pidole it's the only fashion choice we get to make when we're always in uniform," she smiled.

"Poppy's a bit of a freak," Pidole quietly told Sanda.

Sanda had to laugh at that. "I guess you're right. I never thought of it that way. Still, I prefer something a little more.... substantial, when it comes to my undergarments."

"Well, did you want to see if we can dig up some rumors and gossip from the locals?" Poppy suggested. "There's always people looking for a hand at these places. Captain Aoba would probably like us to lubricate the wheels of politics."

Sanda smiled. "That's what I've been doing the last few hours. Gathering intel over in Concourse D about the Reds." Y algo de información personal. She thought to herself. "But yes, anything we can dig up for our report would be good.

"I guess the issue," Pidole pointed out, "Is we're randoms. I've never been great at getting people to just start talking to me or building rapport. I've always been a bit of of a socially-awkward introvert," she admitted to Sanda.

"You got to find some things you have in common. Don't be afraid to meet new people and to talk to people you don't know or you'll never make new friends," Poppy sighed. "I bet if you drop your bag of panties in front of someone they'll stop to help and then you can start a conversation."

Sanda glanced down at Pidole and smiled. She reminded Sanda a little bit of Kwabba-an, the super shy music bug. "I'm sure there are some things that you are interested that are easier to talk about. Like machines and insects."

"I don't just drop panties when I first meet people, in any sense of the words," Pidole scowled, wrinkling her nose in a kind of cute way and giving Poppy a wide-eyed look.

"My experience suggests otherwise," Poppy rolled her eyes and looked back to Sanda. "Machines, eh?"

"You'll never forget that night in Ternifac, will you? I was so drunk!," Pidole groaned, "Let's change the subject, okay? If you want to talk machines I think the number one concern about machines at the International Relations Conference should be those machine planets that showed up to Glimmergold. There's got to be more of them out there. Records show that the YSS Eucharis ran into at least 2. How are we supposed to compete with those things?"

Sanda glanced at Poppy with an I-told-you-so look. "See! There you go. Good conversation starter, especially with any military personnel. There were so many people at Glimmergold that the chances of them being there or knowing someone who was there are very high."

Yayoi quietly walked back sipping her cocoon Puraliberry juice and soon spots Sanda and the others of the crew. Seeing that her drink was empty, she combed on the cocoon and uses her teeth to take a piece of it and eats that. "Hey" she said, as she stepped into place and after swallowing.

"Hey girl." Sanda said to her fellow Ranger. "Get any good intel or were you just trying new drinks." She teased.

Yayoi allowed herself to smirk at Sanda "slightly more on the latter, this thing i was sampling is delicious, and they've agreed to sell it in Yamatai too. " She commented as the sphere shaped object started to cave in a little due to the emptiness and due to Yayoi having eaten a piece of it. "did you get a chance to sample the NDC Cuisine?" she asked the group.

Sanda smirked at her friend Yayoi and shook her head. "No, I went over to the Nep area. Had a small drink there but didn't want to ruin my appetite for when we eat later."

"I actually didn't know the NDC had their own cuisine," Poppy rubbed her pink-haired head, looking a little confused. "I mean, they're such a new nation, right? Hmm."

Delmira slid up behind Pidoe and gave her playful prod in the side. "Hey Pidole its been awhile."

Yayoi nodded"true, and admittedly some of that had actually come from us but they've done unique things with it, and new things too." She said observing Delmira a moment.

"Hurk!" Pidole yelped. Her beetle started buzzing in Delmira's face in an attempt to protect the red-haired technician. "It's okay Bidole," Pidole said. "It's just Delmira. Hey there!"

Delmira gave a eep herself and held up a hand in front of her face to deflect Bidole. "I totally forgot about you as well Bidole."

Yayoi smiled a little "Bidole, is a little little one, very protective heh"

"Here's an idea," Poppy said, "We make it known we can get jobs or missions done for the other factions as a show of goodwill and see what missions come to us. If it helps international relations I'm sure Aoba and her Imperial Majesty will be all for it. The Star Army is particularly good at doing things no one else can, so let's put that to use."

Yayoi nodded her head to Poppy's words "indeed, would be good for reputation."

"I like it," Pidole nodded.

Sanda shrugged, "I guess so." Then she perked up. "If it involves fighting I'm definitely in."

Delmira smiled at Sanda "Great minds think alike." She will then look at Poppy. "Any ideas on where to start?"

Yayoi smirked at Sanda, but she made no further comment to the topic. Instead she turned her attention to Poppy.

"I have a connection here on the station," Poppy said. "Someone I met through a club..."

"The one all that latex and leather is for?" Pidole asked, hefting her shopping bag. "That kind of club?"

"Well, yes, and..." Poppy confirmed. "I don't think it's any of your business."

"Why am I not surprised?" Sanda commented.

Delmira laughed and looked in the direction of Kinie before looking back at Poppy. "Whats the name of this club? Its for research, and maybe to bring Kinie there sometime."

Yayoi laughed as she heard this.

"Anyway," Poppy continued, trying to keep her crewmates focused, "This guy definitely works for some clandestine military agency but I'm not sure which. Probably SAINT? But the point is he always knows anything bad that's happening around the sector and I bet we could get a quest from him, so to speak. Another idea is to track down Thia the information broker from Ternifac, though I haven't heard from her in a while."

"Is he on Pisces?" Pidole asked. This...?"

"Paul," Poppy said. "We don't use last names in the club."

"Can we just call him?" Pidole asked.

"I sent him a telepathic text just now and he'll meet us in five minutes in Little Nepleslia," Poppy replied. She led the way there and soon they were sitting in a booth with a cryptic military officer dressed in a finely-tailored business suit.

Delmira will discreetly check the charge on her side arm, she knew full well her backup was loaded as it was a solid projectile pistol before following along with the group.

Yayoi followed Poppy finishing the rest of the cocoon along with it. She couldn't help but silently think how delicious it was before turning her attention to the environment around her and the officer before her. She stood behind Poppy preferring to stand and be ready to move than sit and get that delayed.

Sanda followed the rest, but didn't take a seat. She remained standing, leaning against the wall within ear shot of Poppy's informant but eyes one her surroundings.

"It's lovely to see you again, Poppy," Paul said. "Are these your friends or coworkers?"

"Both," Poppy told him. "We're here on a survey mission but we're also looking to score Yamatai some extra brownie points by finding ways to spread appreciation for the Star Army in other factions. Would you happen to know anything we could go...solve on an unofficial basis?"

Sanda followed the rest, but didn't take a seat. She remained standing, leaning against the wall within ear shot of Poppy's informant but eyes one her surroundings.

Paul swirled his martini gently and gave Poppy a dashing smile. "Of course. 2 days ago, a starship went missing..." he began.

Delmira stopped when she entered and looked to see if Kinie was with them.

OOC: TO BE CONTINUED

JP by Wes, Demibear, Ajax, Charaa, Cowboy

Poppy continued to listen carefully to Paul as he told her and Resurgence crew the details. "It was a science expeditionary ship for a private organization, called the SS Spark. There's a Nepleslian scientist named Caria Brookson who sent it to the Tr'Pocka System to investigate some alien technologies and it hasn't been heard from. Brookson needs a ship that can handle anything to go find out what happened to them. She, of course, can't pay you, and I'm sure Star Army ships don't work for hire anyway, but if you do this mission, Nepleslia will owe Yamatai a favor. The system is off the Kikyo Sector map towards the galactic core in the Rixxikor infested zone.

"That's pretty heavy," Poppy said, looking at the others and up to Sanda. "Thoughts, guys?"

Sanda pulled up what information she could on 'Caria Brookson' the 'Tr'Pocka System' and the SS Spark while she listened. She first wanted to make sure that Poppy's contact Paul was on the level. Second, she wanted to weigh the information. Operating outside of the Kikyo Sector had a lot of risks to it and Sanda wanted to know if it was worth the risk. She caught Poppy's eye and shrugged her shoulders.

"That's pretty far out of our way for a non Yamatai ship that's only been missing 2 days." Sanda commented. "What was so special that they were looking into?"

Sanda's searched barely shows any information on the scientist, only that she had written a few journals, all focused around ways to influence alien artificial intelligence. It wasn't immediately clear who her employer was, though she had previously taught coding at Kennewes University. The star system was even more scarce on information. Basically no one had ever heard of it other than it being a dot of light on a map.

Meanwhile Kinie arrived. "Hey guys! Hey Delmira! Who's this?"

"Just a friend from the club," Poppy grinned.

Delmira will scoot by Kinie after listening for a bit. "A S&M club at that." Delmira says teasing Poppy.

Paul winked and slid Poppy a cheap data pad with the coordinates of the star system of question and some characteristics of the lost ship. "That's all I got."

Sanda all but rolled her eyes at Del and Kinie and ignored them. Focusing on what little intel they had been given, the Nepleslian Ranger really couldn't see Aoba going for it. Especially not right now with the big conference about to begin and all the diplomats and such that were arriving.

"Thanks," Poppy nodded.

"Anytime my pet," the mysterious Paul grinned, grabbing his jacket and standing up. He swaggered away into the crowds.

Delmira smiled she was happy for Poppy and her tail swayed behind her. "He seems nice I'm happy for you Poppy."

"Maybe we should be picking up random missions more often," Kinie pondered aloud. "This sounds interesting. And potentially dangerous. And we didn't get an answer about what was special about this ship, although I bet we'll find out if we do it. I guess I'll forward all the info to Aoba and he can decide or ask command for clearance..."

"In the meantime let's keep exploring the station," Poppy suggested.

Yayoi remained silent throughout the proceedings making it possible for some to forget she was there. her eyes looked from speaker to speaker and then processed the information.

Meanwhile Aoba called Kinie back and Kinie put him on speaker. "This feels like a setup or a trap, and instinct tells me we're going to have to kill some people, some creatures, or some AI once we get there," the Resurgence's captain said. "That said, I'm interested in going anyway and using a combination of force and intellect to overwhelm whatever we find. It's the Star Army way. We're Star Army precisely because we don't back down or give up."

"Yes sir! Fortune favors the bold!'" Kinie nodded. She looked at the crew. "We got our answer fast."

Sanda sighed inside but on the outside her face didn't change. "La única vez que realmente planeo salir en una cita y el deber me llama. ¡Miércoles! Más vale que haya un puñado de tipos malos a los que matar." She muttered to herself.

"Shall we go?" Delmira asked looking at the others. The neko was eager to get to work but she hid it well for now.

Yayoi glanced to Sanda and listened as she muttered to her self, and her mind began translating what was actually said. She leaned over to whisper "there will be" was the words that whispered back before she turned her attention to Kinie and Delmira agian.

Sanda looked over at her fellow ranger and snorted, "Dates or bad guys?"

Yayoi looked back "both"

Sanda gave a small, resigned smile. "Better be." She took a deep breath then said, "Well if we're going let's get going."

Yayoi nodded her head in agreement, "I agree, I'm interested I'm curious about this ship."

"Maybe they found some new technology," red-haired technician Pidole pondered aloud.

Sanda shrugged, she hadn't thought much about it. While they headed back to the ship, Sanda made sure the other crew members knew that they should report back to the ship. The ranger keyed her coms to the Frank, Cassie and Gabriela. "Sorry to inform you that we're cutting our time here short. We've just gathered some very interesting intel that the Captain wants to move on right away. Get back to the ship ASAP."

Frank had just got done buying flowers with Cassie before keying his coms. "Understood on my way." Frank said looking over to Cassie. "Well I guess the break is over. we should try scheduling a day were we can go to a movie or something for our shore leave if your up for it." Frank suggested as he began to walk back. "thank you Cassie for given this a try, It actually means a lot." he said gesturing to the air around them.

On his way back he had a lot of feelings and questions he wanted to ask but their duty came first. before returning to the ship he would turn his head to Cassie thinking to himself that she's too good for him before looking ahead of himself. "Cassie I hope that this day was a happy moment for you at the very least."

"It's always nice when someone shows that they actually care," Cassie smiled. She pondered him as he walked and then her thoughts turned to herself. Maybe the reason she'd been kind of distant lately was that she was still having trouble figuring out who she was and how to love herself for that. But it wasn't an excuse to keep everyone at arms' length. Maybe the reason was that she was too afraid of losing everyone close to her. But she knew she couldn't let her mind be guided by fear. She resolved to give things a chance. She simply said, "yeah."

“Chusa,” Koyama’s communication came through the PANTHEON network. They had tasked the First Officer with acting as Yamatai’s representative for the International Relations Conference. “With the ongoing negotiations, I cannot immediately ship out.” If it were possible to relay the drumming of fingers, he would’ve gotten a distinct impression that was what she was doing.

“Until their conclusion, I would suggest appointing a temporary First Officer.” at the last she sounded… vexed. A bit of bleed-through. “I wish I could send one of my guards with you to assist. But, I cannot for… reasons.” which she felt was a taboo subject to those outside of the clan and Samurai.

“All I can do is wish you safety, and good hunting. I will return to duty when I am able, sir.”

Last edited:
Back aboard the Resurgence

Sanda had double timed it back to the Resurgence. As soon as she was aboard, she sent a private message to Caffran. She just wanted to let him know that duty was calling her away and that she had no idea how long it would be until she returned to Pisces Station. She really hoped that he would still be around when she got back.

Sanda made a quick stop at the Power armor bay to make sure both her Daisy and Mindy were in top shape and ready to go before heading for the Bridge. Typically Sanda avoided the Bridge. It wasn't her department and she didn't want to get in the bridge bunnies way as they worked whatever black magic they used to make the ship fly. She would talk with Gabriela. The anthro Navigator knew her stuff and would be able to figure out how long it would take the ship to get to their destination. There had been very little intel to go one about their current destination and Sanda wanted to find out all she could so that she and her teammates could be prepared.

Really that was the job of the officers and NCOs to figure out and share with the enlisted, but one thing that had been drilled into her during Giretsu training was be proactive. Sanda had also become more ambitious since Giretsu school. Before she had little care for promotion other than better pay. Now it was something she was striving for. She wanted those three Joto Heisho chevrons. She might even try to become an officer one day but still wasn't convinced officers were all that. She soon found herself at the doors of the Bridge. One didn't just barge into the bridge unannounced, especially not a lowly Itto Hei. Sanda wasn't sure if Aoba would be on the bridge or who the officer of the watch was so she just buzzed the bridge's intercom and said. "Itto Hei Hoshi, request permission to inter the bridge."

YSS Resurgence - Bridge

"Permission granted," Captain Aoba smiled from his captain's chair. "Something on your mind, Sanda?" he inquired.

Sanda entered the bridge. Seeing that Captain Aoba was on deck she absently smoothed her already perfect uniform with its newest ribbons already attached and saluted. "Yes Sir, I wanted to inquire about our upcoming mission. Any details that would help me and the crew prepare would be beneficial. Such as how long is it going to take us to even get there?"

"We're going to be the first Star Army ship to ever visit. Whatever the Nepleslians know about the system, they haven't shared with us either. Essentially we should be prepared for anything, even if that just means getting out of there if it's more than we can handle ourselves." He turned to his navigator. "Gabriela, set up a course to get us there and ask all crew members still on Pisces to return to the ship so we can have everyone aboard when we check this lead out."

Yayoi listened to the conversation before her as Sanda was given permission to speak, and then their Captain's response.

Sanda took that information in then asked, "Have we asked the Nepleslians what they know?" She realized that inter-relational politics was way above her pay grade, or interest, but she was Nepleslian after all and felt like it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Yayoi was curious but she recalled Aoba saying that the Neplesians didn't share anything,

"Any inquiries regarding the Tr'Pocka system or Caria Brookson didn't go anywhere useful. It seems like she's...unofficial or some sort of Freelance agent that the Nepleslian government either doesn't know about or doesn't want to talk about. We know she's from Nepleslian, and that her work is the field of advanced AI. But we don't know any details about this Tr'Pocka system at all. It's possible, perhaps probably the ship Brookson sent, the SS Spark, is there to acquire some alien AI technology to sell to NAM," Aoba explained.

"Maldita politica." Sanda shook her head. She smiled at Yayoi and said to her Captain. "Don't worry Sir. Yayoi and I will make sure our crew is ready for anything."

Yayoi acknowledged the smile with a nod of approval. and spoke"agreed" She said before listening once more.

"Anyway, it's an opportunity to go in and at least try to save the day and perhaps score some points with Nepleslia," Aoba said. "And SAINT tells me they're interested in finding out exactly what the SS Spark is looking for. I expect trouble. Ships don't suddenly go silent without some reason."

Yayoi nodded"saving the day and scoring points, with another nation, perfect" She said in reply as her mind processed what else was said. and nodded.

"We'll go in light and stealthy, and get a feel for things first," Aoba said. "No need to rush into an unknown situation," he said.

Sanda's smile grew. That was always her preferred way. Light and stealthy. Well, medium anyway, but definitely stealthy.

Yayoi nodded, remembering how the resistance taught her how stealth helped a lot, though ambushes and swift attacks were...fun she preferred stealth. She glanced to her forearms where hidden blades were.

Once the crew were back on the ship, the Resurgence undocked from Pisces and started making its way towards the unknown star system towards the galactic core. Aoba gave an update to the crew and let them know it would be 13 days before they would reach their destination (in YE 44.3). The trip went smoothly, and on the last day of the journey, he asked every to start getting ready. Now they were alone in deep space, in a desolate, ravaged zone that had been scoured for resources by the hungry, overpopulated Rixxikor Collective. As they explored they kept finding wrecked starships, abandoned colonies, and signs of war and conflict.

Down in engineering, Pidole and her three assistant technicians started quick maintenance on the hyperspace drive that had been in constant use for days. The ship had been pushing itself to its limits to try to minimize the round trip to Tr'Pocka and back to Pisces to hopefully return before the International Relations Conference could get started.

(Forward Observation room)
Yayoi stood stoic and stern as she observed and saw the wreckage of starships. She cursed silently as she thought of her favorite targets to utterly destroy. Why they hadn't exterminated the bugs sooner than this, she didn't know. "Damn!" She cursed out loud.

"Damn bugs don't leave much do they?" Sanda commented as if reading Yayoi's mind. She had been taking notes of the number of ships and they saw and comparing the damage to them against other ships they had seen. They all told a very simalar story.

Yayoi shook her head "The vermin don't leave much at all, the things I've seen" she commented outloud as she watched.

Aoba sent out some FTL sensor probes to scout the area, which Yayoi could see darting past as they exited the ship's "rollbar." The ship, with stealth and ECM systems engaged, began to creep towards the Tr'Pocka system.

Yayoi glanced over as she saw movement, but she took note that it was the probes darting passed,

"Yeah." She said simply. Sanda had only gotten the briefest of glimpes of the damage those bugs could do when she was on Hanako's world. Poor Yayoi had lived it for almost 2 years. She knew that Yayoi didn't want to talk about it so she didn't comment more on it.

Yayoi closed her eyes and shook her head as if it would help get the images brought up by her memory to go away.

As the sensors looked around, Aoba had the computer sending updates to the rest of the ship so they could get informed. Scans and telescopic photos of points of interest began slowly arriving in a sort of slideshow viewable on screens throughout the ship. They got some close-ups of derelict warships, some inhospitable looking planets seen from afar. As more data came in, eventually the ship's attention was focused on this one particular planet, with an obviously Nepleslian starship in orbit. A machine planet.

"Data coming in." Sanda commented as she moved away from the screen outside to a data screen. Her eyes widened a little at the mention of a machine planet. "Now that's interesting."

Yayoi glanced over and moved to look at the screen where the Data was coming in. "indeed" she agreed with Sanda about a machine planet.

Delmira would make her to the observation deck. "Fancy seeing you here." she said to the other two women.

Sanda glanced over at Del then immediately looked back at the screen. "Hey." She wasn't trying to ignore Del, but the data being displayed was too interesting to say much more. She gave a low whistle at what she was looking at.

Yayoi glanced to Del. "Yo," she said with a wave, before turning her attention back to the screen.

Up on the bridge, Euikoshi was at the science station. "Some of these wrecks seem to have been here for over a hundred years," she estimated. "I'm detecting energy emanating from the machine planet."

"Weapons energy?" Aoba asked.

"It's not shooting," Euikoshi clarified.

"Hail the Nepleslian ship," Aoba ordered. "SS Spark, this is the Star Army gunship YSS Resurgence, NG-S1-575, we are here to check on you. Are you in need of assistance?"

"No response," Kinie said, scanning hailing frequencies.

"Let's get closer and send over an away team," Aoba said. "Keep a low profile. Some of these old ships may be boobytrapped."

"Aye sir, approaching orbit," Gabriela said.

Kinie went around the crew areas to spread the word about an away team, and found Delmira, Hoshi, and Yayoi in the observation lounge. "Hi! The captain wants to get a team together to go see what's happening on the Nepleslian ship since there's no responses. I suggest power armor with teleporters."

Yayoi looks at Kinie though her thoughts did go to whether or not Kinie was here to see her girlfriend, Delmira before her mind processed what she was saying. "Understood!" She replied and with a unmistakable enthusiasm and quickness she headed to the Power Armor bay.

"Got it." Sanda said. She called to Del as she ran out of the room. "Let's get moving Del!"

"You be safe if you're going," Kinie told Delmira, giving her hands a squeeze.

Delmira looked at Kinie and gave her a smile. "Dont worry i will, you be safe as well, but you get to stay in the nice safe ship." Delmira said teasing the other neko playfully and gave her hands a squeeze back before running after Sanda and Yayoi to the PA bay.

Sanda caught up to Yayoi almost at the same time they reached the PA bay. She saluted Akira as she entered the Power Armor Bay then began to climb into her Mindy suit.

Akira waited for the infantry section to arrive in the Power Armor Bay. Seeing how she was retiring and there was no replacement officer to shadow her, she was taking a rather hands off approach to let the new heishos learn by experience. When Yayoi, Sanda, and Delmira arrived at the Bay, she got off the wall she was leaning on and returned their salutes with brisk salutes of her own.

Yayoi saluted Akira as she saw her before she moved to her power armor bay.

Delmira entered the power armor bay and salute Akira before suiting up in her Mindy.

Akira waited for the rest to enter before she made her way to her own Keiko Thought Armor.

- - -

OOC: JP by Wes, Ajax, Charaa, Cowboy, and Demibear

Power Armor Bay

Sanda quickly dawned her Mindy suit and ran a diagnostic check. Green lights all across the board. She made her way to the Armory and checked out a Submachine gun. Normally she almost always went with a plasma rifle but she had learned a lot during Giretsu training. Of course she never went anywhere with out her side arms. Her Plasma Revolver and her Straight Silver. She was also packing a second bayonet, just like her beloved silver, but with an Aether power pack. On her shoulder hard points she had a 8 gage cannon and a Cloaking shield.

Sanda was ready to go. She paused to look at Del and said. "No sniper rifles this go around. Pack something better for tight or close quarter combat."

Power Armor Bay

Thaddeaus stepped into the armor bay with his head held high. After what felt like days in the onsen, he was energized and ready to jump back into the fight. While his home life had changed, the day to day on the ship was more or less the same. It was time to arm up and show the strong arm of Yam.

"My gosh, does it ever feel good to be back into the old saddle. I like working on the farm as much as everyone else but it can not replace holding a big sword in your hands." Thad then got stripped down so he could enter the Mindy power armor. However, unlike normal where he wears nothing, this time he had on a fundoshi. It clearly stated, "Property of Mia" in big bold letters. Thad noticed the looks coming from the crew. He smiled big and figured he'd have some fun with this. "Worry not as cuddles is still on the menu." He said with a grin. A moment longer and he had slid himself into his Mindy and started to pick out weapons for the mission. He took note of Sanda making comments about close quarter and selected weapons to fit this role perfectly.

Donning his Mindy suit, Frank went to the armory to request a GP-2 and a heavy armor rifle. He debated grabbing the aether Gatling like usual but after receiving the Giretsu training he wanted to see how he could do with other weapons. not to mention in his spare time looking over the various weapons in the armor to find out more about them he liked the idea of the heavy armor rifle for stealth and firepower but also grabbed the GP-2 for its up close nearly smg likeness but with a rifle sized punch.

storing the GP-2 on the waist hardpoint Frank would grab the Cloak Shield Projector for one of his shoulder hardpoints and on the other he grabbed a shoulder fired mini missle pod in case they got bogged down by turrets and or drones. Thankful for the guidance system in them he chuckled before saying to himself "now I wont del a friendly in the back." putting on his helmet he tested the coms. "Check, check can you all hear me alright?"

Last edited:
"You know the LTAR has a secondary SMG mode right?" Delmira said requesting her aether beam saber rifle. She would how ever get a 8ga cannon mounted on her right should shoulder and a cloak shield projector on her left. for her legs she opted for a pair of mini missile pods just in case they would need heavier firepower. Delmira largely ignored Thad as he entered the power armor bay instead focusing on her armor and equipment.

The Resurgence slowly and stealthily drifted into orbit around the large planetoid. Through light wispy clouds on its surface were scattered patchy areas of vegetation amongst a mostly metallic, mechanical surface that was heavily scarred by impact craters. The orbital plane was filled with hundreds of thousands of pieces of debris that tumbled and zipped by, as well as multiple space stations and the hulks of dozens of other starships. As the Star Army gunship approached the unresponsive Nepleslian research vessel, occasionally a piece of metal or junk would ricochet off the Resurgence's heavily-armored hull.

Power Armor Bay
Yayoi was silent as she slipped into her power armor, and as she did she thought of her batch sisters, she knew of her youngest sister and how she preferred to be. Her lips curled upwards as she thought of Kiyo. There was a dull hiss as her helmet snapped into place and for a moment the sounds of her fellow crew mates became muted before her audio receptors activated for the mission. "Blade suited and ready to go" She reported once everything was set up.

She glanced to her modified gauntlets and activated her hidden blades, both expelling and retracting them back in. Training, both Ranger and Giretsu controlled her emotions but she couldn't help but feel a slight thrill at the thought of the chance to killing the bugs.

Sanda eyed Del, "Yes I know it. I was the one who first introduced you two, before you preceded to shoot me in the back for it." Sanda teased, "But it's too cumbersome for close work."

"You walked in front of that one." Delmira quipped back teasingly.

"Still no response from the Nepleslian ship," Kalena said over the intercom as the monitors continued to display a live feed of the research vessel getting closer. A piece of orbital debris could be seen striking it, leaving a glowing orange gouge in the ship's hull as it left in the blink of an eye. A faint trail of mist and smoke spread out from the ship. The Resurgence crew could feel more clicks and rumbles as things bounced off their vessel as well.

Yayoi heard the intercom, and frowned before glancing at her friends, and used the helmet's specialness to hide her smirk.

Sanda chuckled and then went around and gave her squad-mates a visual check. "I copy you Frank." She replied to the former androids com test. She didn't say anything to Thad as she checked his suit. Finally she checked Yayoi and watched with fascination as she activated the hidden blades in her suit. "Nice." She said admiringly.

"Attempting to scan the research vessel for a suitable teleport location..." Kalena said. "The layout isn't in our files since it's not a common ship class. I'm getting a lot of interference."

With Sanda replying to Frank she didn't think she needed to do so, instead she reviewed protocol when engaging with a Rixxikor, namely curb stomp, blast, and stab, the second protocol was read the first protocol. She couldn't help but wonder if they knew of the old Resistance protocols. She'd recalled mentioning them before in the past.

"Your turn." Delmira said and did her own visual check of Sanda's gear. Giving a tug on attachment points to check how secure they were.

"Thanks." Sanda said with a smile. "Looks like we're all ready to go as soon as they find us a in." Sanda raised her Aether sub and attached her bayonet to it. She also ran a line so that the weapon would power the blades Aether instead of using the power stored in the hilt. Once she was satisfied that the connection was good she turned off the Aether until after she teleported.

Yayoi silently watched her teammates go about their preparations for the mission. She was pleased that everything seemed secure and in working order.

"Do we want to bring an engineer with us?" Cassie asked the other boarding team members.

Sanda thought about it a moment and shrugged. "Might not be a bad idea. Though maybe they should wait until after we teleport in to make sure we have a secure LZ. Then once that is secure we can have them teleport in."

Yayoi nodded. "agreed, wait until we secure the area before they join us." She replied seconding Sanda's words.

Frank looked to Cassie. "I mean it would help if we need to blow through or splice through something." He said agreeing with Sanda before looking to Thad, not sure if its a good idea to bring him along.

"We could just take a shuttle. It's nasty out there but it would only take a minute," Cassie suggested. "If there's survivors that gives us a way to take them back to Resurgence."

"Should we take teleport packs as a back means of transportation?" Delmira asked the group.

"Hey Cas, do we know what we might be going up against when were there?" Frank asked

Yayoi turned her Power Armor and stepped out of the stand where the Power Armor was kept.

Frank turned to Sanda. "So hey maybe after this op if you want you and I can go to the holo training room for a little competition if you're up to it."

Sanda eyed Frank a moment. Seemed like a strange time to be talking about after when they had no idea what they would find on this ship but she had learned that that seemed to just be Franks way. She shrugged and said, "Why not. We'll have to see how this mission goes but I wouldn't say no."

Yayoi glanced at Frank, and wondered if this was his way of preparing for a mission.

Frank chuckled. "Sorry for my mannerism of acting this way, I just feel if you be optimistic and plan for future events you don't worry as much about what you might face think of it as moral boosting. its better that worrying so much trust me."

"It seems legit Frank but others may see it as unprofessional." Delmira said and looked over at Thad to what he was bringing to the mission.

Frank shook his head "my apologies I had no Intention of that." Frank said Before giving a short bow.

"I didn't think you had any bad intentions Frank. You're good. Nothing to apologize for." Sanda said as she tied her hair up in a pony tail.

Cassie called down to Beryl to ask her to pilot the shuttle. She had it up and running within only a couple minutes.

Yayoi proceeded to march her Power armored self to the shuttle and entered it.

Once the away team was onboard, Beryl sealed up the shuttle and headed over to the research ship. They made it okay in spite of the debris situation and landed in a shuttle bay on the Nepleslian research vessel. "No air outside in this section," Beryl warned the team. "Look for an internal airlock."

Cassie looked around as the shuttle's hatch opened. "Are those bulletholes?" she asked, immediately noticing signs of a firefight.

Sanda exited the shuttle, weapon up and scanning her surroundings. She took note of the bullet holes, but was more interested in scanning for contacts first. She saw several places where an enemy could be hiding waiting to ambush.

Delmira followed close behind rifle raised and scanned the room. She followed behind her fellow Giretsu keeping a healthy anti grenade blast distance between them.

Noticing the bullet holes as well Frank would ask over coms. "I thought most people stopped using kinetic firearms awhile back."

- - -

OOC: JP by Wes, Ajax, Charaa, Cowboy, and Shadowwalker

"You use what you can get, anyone find any shell casings I may be able to identify the round." Delmira looked around taking in the scene around her. She kept up security while her probably smarter companions investigated in detail around her. The short neko kept her healthy distance from the others she half wondered if anyone was cross trained as a EOD tech.

"If we come across any explosive ordenence while here I can attempt to defuse it. i have EOD training from my time as a Psychopomp demolitions and sabotage agent." Frank stated fallowing the rest of the team as he kept his head on a swivel looking for the imidiate signs of struggle and fallowing them. "judging by the signs of combat if we fallow the path of distruction it should lead us to the entry point. Ill take point over." Frank said moving to the front of the group pulling out his gp-2 as he moved forward.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back