• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Art Rizzo's Art (Building a Battleship)

upload_2017-2-5_16-44-29.png
So, there are a couple of things I want to accomplish with this civilian-grade 750 meter battleship.
  • First and foremost, I want this to resemble(to a reasonable degree) the battleships of WWII. I think I've done that but I'm still open to ideas.
  • Second, I want it to have that broadsider, punching bag feel. Sooo, I'm looking for ideas on how I can make this ship a shield monster. I'm considering making those 'torpedo' things shield boosters/extenders that can be launched and flown from the bridge. This ship is going to primarily see use against raiders preying on cargo ships so it would be nice to be able to send them away to protect a damaged ship.
  • Third, NO AETHER WEAPONRY. These guns need a hefty BANG. I'm looking into several types of weaponry for a salvo with enough kinetic energy to displace the ship(like WWII battleships).
upload_2017-2-5_17-1-55.png
Point-defence anyone? It'll have have to be shooting lasers or the ammo bill is going to get outrageous!
upload_2017-2-5_17-6-47.png upload_2017-2-5_17-8-35.png

Aerospace fighters
upload_2017-2-5_17-11-51.png upload_2017-2-5_17-13-14.png upload_2017-2-5_17-14-56.png

The U-1 Variable Mecha features jet-like capabilities, impressing audiences with dazzling feats of agility and speed...

This is a walking version of the turret I'm submitting... I was really tired and this happened.
upload_2017-3-22_13-28-42.png

Last edited:
Absolutely!
I was hoping to figure out a transformation sequence for it so it can compliment the U-1 Fighter-mecha as an ugly gunship of some sort. It'll need some form of flight capability to traverse hazardous terrain but this one will be primarily land based.

It also gave me ideas for a heavily armored Mech Warrior styled, Timberwolf inspired mecha.

Don't, go for a pair of them at the most because the ROF is already enough to cover the target, then side mount launchers for missiles or rockets.

I'd suggest that if you want to make it transform, you could add boosters to the legs, and when it transforms, bring the arms forward and lock them paralell with the nose/cockpit, and bring the legs back as main engines. Probably have some counter grav in there, but that should work I think.

Also, where did you pull that quote from?

Last edited:
@Arieg, normally I would agree with you.
This however is the reason I have opted for 8! It was just approved, this many gatling guns firing in a specific pattern deals SDR 2 against solid armor.

My next mecha will likely be more reasonable, but this weapon was meant to fight on a Starship scale, so the fact that it is turned into a mecha is more for laughs then any real functionality besides fantastic anti-air usage. ;)

I'd suggest that if you want to make it transform, you could add boosters to the legs, and when it transforms, bring the arms forward and lock them paralell with the nose/cockpit, and bring the legs back as main engines. Probably have some counter grav in there, but that should work I think.

That could work but with inverted legs it'll create a collision on my model in two locations per leg.

I might simplify the process by having it just not transform. I'll have to play with the model

Well, you can have the legs straighten out for transformation, or by having the boosters on the upper part of the leg, and when it transforms have the bottom part fold up entirely to create a more stable, solid thing.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back