• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Sakura II Discussion (formerly A THOUGHT Experiment)

So I tried composing a track for the battle that's currently happening. Can't really say it went the direction I was planning, but I think it came out alright. Not really the right emotions though so I'll have to work on that. It's a bit more dark in the middle, reminded me a bit more of that large Nepleslian ship from earlier slowly approaching. I'm still pretty new to composing, so thought this might be a good exercise for practice. Might try again with this or another scene after!

https://soundcloud.com/arcanearia-232375317/relentless-beast

Dude, that is awesome!!! I'm really impressed. Reminds me of some of the music from the old Dark Forces pc game, very moody! I'd love to hear more of your work

What program did you write it in?

Thanks! I used Ableton with the orchestral strings pack for most of the audio. So far I've only got the few tracks that are on soundcloud, but hoping to get more into composing since I just bought a few more sound packs! Seems I naturally lean towards dark/horror music, so I need to figure out how to not do that :p.

You should post it in the Creativity forum so the rest of SARP can see it and listen. :)

I'm a bit confused here:
Gunsight1 said:
"Sakura II" the Taisho called over the hangar PA, "Cease fire and surrender, or youre captain's life is forfeit!" she said flatly, and a pair of rifles were leveled at Fairchonild's head.

ShotJon said:
"Where is our captain," Kaede simply asked. "And quickly, if you value your life answer to me. We will collect our captain and be on our way. So speak up."

Should Kaede have heard the announcement to cease fire or we kill the captain or was combat too loud/in a different room?

With how loud the area around where Kaede was fighting at the time and her having been under fire at the time I'd think it possible she missed it.

So picking a day of the week has not worked out well for me. Moved this over to a mailbox that gets more attention so I can jump on things a little quicker.

hey, sorry for my lack of being here as well, work has taken over my entire life as of late. They've been calling me in for a lot of shifts, but now that Easter is over, I think i've got some time now; Hopefully I'll be able to be more active now, again I apologize for not being here, it's been nagging at me; as much as paining me here cause my life has been dreadfully dull.

And with that we are on shore leave on Yamatai! There will be debriefings at some point, but for now its time to rest and have a good time!

Also, the Eucharis is on leave and parked next to us. This is great cross plot jp opportunity with players on the Eucharis!

For crossover stuff: You can post it whereever it seems to make the most sense. It can be here, in the Eucharis Post-Mission-25 thread, the Yamatai forum, or even in Open RP if you want random characters to join in. Just leave a link (from the thread your character started in) to the thread you're doing the crossover RP in, so that any readers can follow along.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back