• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Approved Submission [SAoY] Communicator, Type 42

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
3-Day approval timer.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.

Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
Pretty cool. The Star Army’s very own combadge!

I noticed that it says it can withstand the rigors of combat, that it is fit for challenging conditions, and that it glows bright teal. Could a “subdued” function be added, sort of akin to how real life militaries use non-reflective rank insignia in the field?

Even though it’s only for shipboard uniforms right now, there might be combat situations where a ship gets boarded and its defenders need to hide in the dark or something. For such situations, being able to set it to project the color/pattern of whatever fabric is behind it could be a neat addition to the bullet list of example uses.

prob has a dark mode? yeah put that.

Added:
==== Low-Visibility Mode ====
The Type 42 Communicator can be placed in "Low Visibility Mode" which causes the communicator to stop glowing. While deactivated it resembles a black solar panel. During low visibility mode any projected UI elements are projected in a dim red color instead of the standard teal. To activate low visibility mode, telepathically or vocally ask it to enable low-visibility mode, or cover the communicator with your finger for more than 6 seconds.

Would it be too much to consider adding an anti-tamper function, so a POW's comm couldn't be used by the enemy in the event of capture?

Would it be too much to consider adding an anti-tamper function, so a POW's comm couldn't be used by the enemy in the event of capture?
I've made the requested update, expanding the security features by adding a section on what some of those are.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back