• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Service to the Free State OOC

Gah. Sorry about that man, I thought I had written a reply D: I'll find something usefull for Halcyone to do in a post asap

Hey guys, your terrible Co-GM here.

I just wanted to take a moment to apologize. I took far to long to post. A really poor start to my tenure I know. It has just been a bit of a rough and odd week and I should have posted about my delay earlier. It wont happen again , it was just a really bad combination of things.

See you in the plot.

Hello, everybody. First off, there's a post up! I'm sure you're all very happy or at least doing a great job at pretending to be happy.

@Yoshi, I've even put something up for you in it.

Also, some announcements:

First off, I've received a bit of confusion from some people, so let me say this now. A ship's CIC is not its bridge. They are two seperate rooms, though linked, in function. The CIC room gathers information and processes it for the bridge. It stands for Combat Information Center-- and though this is a civilian freighter we're on, it is armed and so a CIC is required because weapons don't just magically load themselves and point wherever the tactical officer's mouse cursor is. Complex math goes into the use of these weapons, especially in space, and even with heavy automation they must be selectively fed with varying information from the ship's sensors. So, this vessel has a CIC. And it's not the bridge. The bridge is separate. I hope that cleared things up for everybody.

Secondly, this is the boss fight. I know, it might seem like I'm some sort of Yamataian supremacist by suggesting that one MINDY could withstand multiple Hostiles when both armors are basically the even-level counterparts from different factions. But remember that the Mindy is not your enemy, the man inside it is. And besides, if I put you up against an opponent who was actually equal to you, your victory wouldn't be assured. Geeze, who wants to lose to the shitty first boss. Don't worry, we've got better boss enemies in later chapters.

Thirdly, those of you in the newbie containment thread can expect a post from me later on today as well. I'll just be tending to some other stuff for a while, and then I'll get to it.

Okay, well, I'm just posting here to check and make sure everyone's getting their notifications because currently Moogle is the only person to have posted in the main mission thread. Newbie containment thread, you guys can expect a post tonight or tomorrow night.

Everybody, the new chapter is up. Let me know if you need to JP with me to tie up loose ends from the last mission. @Gunhand4171 I know I want one with you.

New people, feel free to post in the Chapter Two thread to your heart's content. Everything is kind of rushed, but we're trying to get stuff moving again.

Anybody who doesn't post in the first three pages of this thread, you'll have to talk to me and get written back in because after that I'm leaving you behind again.

Elijah Garvey is the squad leader, Lisa Simmons is his exec (ShotJon can introduce her). Characters should expect to receive orders from them and try to stick close to them and stay in communication with them.

Due to lack of RP posting, the Service to The Free State subforum has been retired. All SFS threads are now in the main Nepleslian RP forum (see prefix: RP: SFS for them).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back