• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: ISC Phoenix [Side Job] Beautiful Erasure

The Rigs, Delta Platform
The soldiers closest to Sakamoto jumped in surprise and chattered about 'invisible women' in shock, but Luca didn't seem phased about the sudden appearance of a cheshire cat behind him. Rolling his shoulders as he pieced things together, still keeping his eyes on the woman in pink ahead. He reached into his top pocket and producing ... a lollipop, placing the little sugarball in his mouth and putting the stick between his teeth. An analogue to a cigarette, since he didn't smoke.

"You're definitely past the window for ISC Phoenix tryouts with an entrance like this, that's for certain." Luca enunciated as he mulled the introduction of not one, but two Nekovalkyrja working in concert appearing during the middle of the fight. It couldn't have been coincidence, they had to have been watching. "'We Know'..." Luca drawled as he looked up into the afternoon sky, now looking over his shoulder to acknowledge Sakamoto with a furrowed brow, "Star Army INTelligence - the ceiling cats watching you fap. Hopefully you gave Chisato a good pension when I sent her to hell. Funny how you lot couldn't the first time."

What wasn't fitting together was why they intervened, but they definitely weren't here to wipe the Sunburns. "Yeah. Tamamo's doing just fine," he maintained a casual swagger in the face of two natural bred killers. The grapple stunner on his right arm wasn't powered down either, letting an electric hum hang in the hazy air, "I made her a Yuletide gift, and she's a crack shot at it."

Luca took the candy out of his mouth and pointed it at Yuna. "Helmet off please. Its rude to wear helmets when someone's speaking to you, y'know?" As Luca was providing etiquette to something he really shouldn't have, Echelon watched him and saw Sakamoto's posterior on top of the crate. Briefly, a pair of what looked like holographic red sunglasses projected from her eye as she examined Sakamoto - to keep an eye on them - in case they did something funny - yes, that was justification enough.

"If its Tamamo you want I'm not letting go of her," Luca made his stance firm as he fenced with his candy, as SAINT knew that he'd been able to deal with a lot of Nekovalkyrja in his crew in the past, and keep them from going against national interests, "but she said she knew one of you," he unwisely suspected the woman in pink to be the one, "so I figure we do what civilised adults do, let her come here, and we talk. Capaci?" He popped the treat back into his mouth.

Yuna nodded at Luca's words. Talking was all she wanted to do too. Just talk. Being surrounded made talking that much more attractive.

She made a big show of her hands being empty and slowly moved to her helmet. She undid the chin strap first, then gripped the helmet from the chinbar and pulled it off with one hand.

Yuna didn't make a big scene with her short, glossy hot pink hair, or her sparkling sea-blue eyes. The volumetrically done work, expert as could be, spoke for itself. She just stared back at Luca, hands back up again, with one holding her helmet.

"Agent Hirosawa," she said. "Agent Sakamoto behind you." The sun and salty air started to dry her wet, flimsy blouse, the pink lace bra underneath and her boot shorts. Her leather boots would need a lot of work.

The Rigs, Alpha Platform

With the fall of the last dropship Tamamo's attention had hung over Delta for a moment. With the sensors that her Gust kit provided, it was easy to observe the events on the other platform, particularly the approach and interaction between the new arrivals, Luca, and the PSG. That the unexpected guests hadn't ended up shot was a credit to Luca's training, even after the hellish bout of combat they were still restrained enough to talk. Still, as the black haired form of Sakamoto Hina resolved from a thermal blob, near the group Tamamo decided that it was best she start moving.

Hopping down from her perch, Tamamo decided to give her plasma thrusters a rest and instead engaged the Gust kit's rollers, and in defiance of her circumstances happily began to skate down the bridge connecting Alpha to Delta. Her leisurely stride was only interrupted by the gash in the bridge left by the fallen dropship, a minor irritation that was easy enough to leap over as she continued on her way, soon weaving between bodies, barriers, and discarded equipment like a slalom skier as she made her approach the momentary thrill taking her mind off of the increasingly complicated scenario.

As much as she would have liked to believe that Sakamoto had stopped by for a cheerful visit. Tamamo's numerous projections suggested that it was only possible, if she ignored all the data she had, that she would actually get to go shopping. After all she had never told Sakamoto Hina where she was, and it was unlikely that the old maid had decided to bring a friend along on a whimsical journey to find an acquaintance that she'd once invited to dinner. On the day that her SACN node had dissolved and the PSG had been assaulted no less.

The Rigs, Delta Platform

In an act of apparent ignorance Tamamo coasted through the center of the group of individuals, Neko and PSG alike, spinning on her heel to wave to Sakamoto Hina, apparently oblivious of her own anonymous state. As she came to a stop, Tamamo spoke, her cheerful voice translating through the armor's speaker, "Sorry to keep you waiting Sakamoto-san. I trust you haven't been too inconvenienced? Oh! Who is your friend? Surely you'll introduce us ne?" As she finished she gestured to the pink haired Neko, notably not actually looking toward the new individual. Instead her gaze apparently settled on Luca.

Before she could do anything else she felt a flicker of worry, perhaps she should have been more sombre in the aftermath of the combat? As much as she tried she hadn't managed to fully grasp the nuances of the social sphere, her moderate success only possible due to the heavy tutoring provided by Koa. She might have been expected to feel remorse for those who had died, but as much as she desired to ease the discomfort of those she worked with, she struggled to relate practically. Mentally shrugging off the worry Tamamo continued as intended sending an encrypted digital message to Luca via brief radio burst. This act side stepped the issue of Yamataian telepathic noise at the risk of possible decryption later assuming that others were sniffing for it, not that she was worried, "Sakamoto Hina, the dark haired one, is a veteran of over ten years as well as former UOC. In essence a Jiyuuian. I don't see her as being overly friendly to the SAoY so you don't need to be nervous. Hopefully she's made friends and introduced her companion."

The message was sent in apparent ignorance of the recent communications between the parties an attempt to assure that Sakamoto Hina was indeed a friend and providing some background that Luca was more likely to be receptive to. All in line with what Tamamo had learned back when she had visited the old Jiyuuian. When she was just a woman with a penchant for innuendo and some helpful advice for an odd visitor to her neighborhood, and not an NH-33S, or was it officially Nekovalkyrja Type 33 Stealth? Tamamo had struggled to move on to the new designations despite being born into them.

A moment passed and Tamamo made a motion of body language that she had noted in others when they remembered something that had slipped their mind before speaking up again, "Ahh, forgive me I've been rude so rude!" As she finished the word her helmet relaxed, the front opening and allowing Tamamo to pull back the armor plated hood to let it rest upon her shoulders. As she did so she shook her head, her pale violet hair fanning out briefly before settling to frame her face, her fringe clearly brushed back, and then her ears perked up. Tall triangular structures perched atop the crown of her head inner ear blue and largely devoid of fur save for tufts hiding her ear canals, these notably where a Neko's ears were not supposed to be. Swivelling them as she adjusted to hearing naturally again, she tilted them forward a display of interest as she cast her gaze from Sakamoto to the pink-haired Neko whom she still did not know.

Again this act emphasized the differences between who she was, and who she had been; wide, dark jade irises were surrounded by inky blackness instead of the former whites, an intentional shimmer was displayed as volumetric glowing crosses formed over her slit-like pupils. The blue skin of her face, in the past an already odd trait was now decorated with black markings, most notably her nose which seemed stained with ink, while her jaw featured a mirrored set of three bars that could almost have been called whiskers if one were feeling generous. Aside these obvious differences a more subtle change had occurred, where her hemosynth had formerly lent her lips a dark violet color, they were now closer to a royal blue. Despite these vanities it was almost out of place that short armored girl before them wore no makeup.

Giving herself some time to recover from trying to be sociable mentally, Tamamo activated her pico-jelly once more, the store surging out of its canister and over her armor as it settled into the form of white baggy cargo pants, and a high necked grey sweater that worked well to hide the hood of her armor. Apparently she wanted to be dressed in a more casual manner for the talks.

Last edited:
Yuna measured Sesshoseki up within a few eyeblinks. Infrared first to confirm the shape and placement of her ears. They could have been volumetric, but weren't. The eye crosses were volumetric, and well done too. Why the marks ... the skin color, which probably was natural, made her just a little bit more alien. How she dressed was strange enough, nevermind the weaponry she used.

This was a Neko?

Independent Neko had a lot of names back on Yamatai. "Wild." "Rogue." "Free." "Wayward." All or none could be stacked on Sesshoseki's pointy, tall ears, but it was those ears that left Yuna thinking very hard about the person they had come to talk to.

Hemosynth wouldn't let her do that so easily. Even a genetic change would take serious medical assistance! It's like someone survived Bizankro and liked it.

Yuna looked back at Luca, hands still in the air, and blinked herself back to seeing visible light.

As Yuna introduced them, Sakamoto's eyes narrowed despite her smile.

"Ara, ara. I'm already being lumped in with that lot~" the woman replied from where she laid, her black furred ears tilting down in mock-sorrow. At his words, the Ex-Jiyuuian's smile was pressed and stamped like steel before being turned into a thin, sharp blade; it was obvious the moment she spoke, that Luca had pushed a button. However, like a capricious cat, the bright happiness that radiated earlier came back as the triangular tips began to playfully wiggle. "If you're going to do that, maybe I should play the role to the hilt. It's a little sad though - I was hoping to simply ask how you liked your konnyaku. Maybe give a few suggestions, or even a demonstration, but I suppose I can just view the footage." Unfortunately for Yuna however, the moment Sakamoto glanced at her, she was very quickly made into another piece of collateral to add onto the damage estimates. "Though, given Yuna-chan's thorough tendencies, I wouldn't be surprised if she already has. And then went on to everyone else here." She added, in a poorly concealed whisper, "I'm pretty sure she's repressed."

Despite being so friendly to Yuna and everyone at work, some of her true feelings were showing. For better or worse though, she wasn't done.

"That aside, I'm so happy to hear you gave her a present though!" Sakamoto's feline ears briefly flapped with delight. "It even makes me feel embarrassed - jealous even - I've been so busy I haven't had the chance," she explained. The tell-tale forms suddenly flattened back against her head however, the woman's next words calm and serious. "I really mean it - I do care about Tamamo. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here." At that, she looked away from him, head tilted up as though to look down on Luca even more while going, 'Hmph!'

The moment Tamamo arrived however, the Ex-Jiyuuian's bitter attitude evaporated in an instant, the two tips of her ears perking up again.

"Oh, not at all! Yuna and I were talking about 'this and that' with everyone else!~" Admittedly, Sakamoto had the tendency to not lie in the slightest in the most 'important' moments. The word 'important' being a completely subjective experience of course, with words such as 'truth' and 'lies' also being highly subjective as well. The moment Tamamo removed her helmet however, the woman simply stared with an expression of mild surprise. And then, slowly, bled from the nose. "Gomen, gomen - grenades have such large concussive blasts these days!" It was clear that she didn't need to reply to Yuna's remark at all.

Not at all.

"Up yours, too," Luca grumbled in Yamatai-go at the mention of Konjac as he got talked at rather than talked to by the Nekovalkyrja behind him, still sucking away at the lollipop in his mouth. What struck him as odd was that she seemed to be so familiar with Tamamo. "Well, I don't know what Tamamo goes and does out in space, that's her business." He said. "All I'm providing her is a place to be. Room, board, network connection, access to medical facilities, and square meals. Especially spiced fish."

He raised an eyebrow at Sakamoto having a nosebleed, and their thoughts on 'Yuna-Chan'. What weird company she keeps... "By the way," He looked back to Yuna, "you can put your hands down now." He quietly wondered how long a Nekovalkyrja could keep their hands raised, then cast his eye to all the staff surrounding Yuna and himself, clearing his throat. "All staff, start assessing the damage to the platforms and medevac the wounded. I'll have John arrange you all hazard pay - you've done excellent work defending our home! Dismissed!"

The PSG staff who weren't already doing as he'd asked seemed satisfied that Luca had this situation under control, and started breaking away to help with the reconstruction effort. Some were a little more reluctant to peel away from the spectacle, but were urged away eventually. Though, the feeling of always more than met the eye going on with Luca scared a few of them. What set them at ease was how he kept it all under control.

Echelon leapt down from the top deck with a clank, walking over to the little group conversation, and looking over to Tamamo as the railgun on her back slowly flicked and clicked into a standby position across her back. "1 N0T1C3D 4 MUCH B1GG3R B0UNTY 0N MYS3LF P0ST3D N0T L0NG 4G0 T00, L3T M3 GU3SS. Y0U TW0-" she said referring to the SAINTs on the deck, "-4R3 P1SS3D 0V3R 4 F3W HUNDR3D KS W0RTH 0F CH34PLY PR0DUC3D CL0TH3S, 4 P0W3R 4RM0UR 4ND 4 S1D34RM. B3T Y4 W4NT TH3 T00THP4ST3 B4CK T00!"

"Ech-" Luca said, trying to calm her down, "what if they're not interested in that?"

Last edited:
As the greeting was returned casually, and Luca dismissed the edgy PSG members who had stuck around, and Echelon arrived, Tamamo found that she wasn't entirely sure how she felt about what she had overheard, what had been said to her face, and her present situation. Apparently somewhere along the line professionalism had been left at the wayside, not an encouraging development in her insignificant opinion. Still, all that she had was some minor circumstantial evidence upon which to construct opinions and likely make critical decisions.

Somewhere along the line Sakamoto Hina had been recruited by SAINT if things were to be taken at face value. She wasn't happy about this development, and she was happy to have the opportunity to vent, showing that her cheeky fondness for innuendo was capable of biting as much as it was capable of amusing. This however raised questions about whether or not her one time host had taken to using Tamamo for the mirth of others in such a demeaning manner, she doubted asking would get an honest answer. There was however some truth in her words, after all the veteran Nekovalkyrja had little reason to be here without some sort of investment in Tamamo's own person.

Moving on to the pink haired Neko, Tamamo had been quick to note that while the woman was very short, she was still taller than Tamamo herself was. A superfluous observation, but one that meant something to Tamamo none the less. Apart from this she had shown some professional courtesy, plainly identifying herself as a SAINT agent, and Hirasawa Yuna put together with the name Sakamoto had used. She had also been content to surrender to the PSG, and had quietly remained in place without the sort of haughty superiority that many Neko in the SAoY had displayed. On the terms of being quiet and professional, the new Neko had earned Tamamo's appreciation.

Luca was unsurprisingly vitriolic, given his history with SAINT. However he was playing the moderate at least toward Echelon instead of inciting her into violence, instead encouraging moderation. So despite the snippy exchange he was remaining fairly level all things considered. She had lucked out when she decided to repay him.

Echelon raised a very good point in her irritation. Why was the bounty posted? Why were two supposed SAINT agents present on the Rigs? More importantly why had the bounties been posted with an 'Alive' condition? The SAoY had the means to erase her tiny existence from the face of the universe, she had no illusion to the contrary. That she was still here implied that they wanted something from her, but what was beyond her understanding, and somehow she didn't think they'd appreciate her just asking. Luca had asked that question in a way however, she noted perhaps it would be worth seeing if they answered.

As such Tamamo's only reaction was to study the clouds.

There was no twitch of her ear in response to Echelon's sudden arrival, there was no blink as anything was said, for all her outward appearances suggested that mentally she was nowhere near her present location, and in a way they wouldn't be wrong. After all augmented reality was an excellent escape. Soon she'd know whether she was dealing with professionals and would need to talk, or if she was dealing with passions and was better off walking away from their awkward meeting. She was content to leave Luca and the PSG to argue with an inflamed SAINT over who had done more wrong in the universe. A point she honestly cared little about.

Yuna slowly lowered her hands first as she reflected on the Freespacer before her -- the other subject who had a bounty posted against them, but not who mattered to her.

She kept her attention on Luca. Even if he wasn't inclined to like SAINT agents, he had spoken with a sliver of moderation. That was the way in.
"Ech-" Luca said, trying to calm her down, "what if they're not interested in that?"
"We're not." Yuna held her helmet with by its sides in front of her, keeping her hands filled (and nonthreatening). "The bounties weren't our idea and took us off-guard too. We can here knowing what attention bounties might bring to Sesshoseki-san. Fighting your aggressors was the right thing to do."

The sea wind blew some of Yuna's longish, arcing bangs into her eyes; she brushed them aside with a casual sweep of her fingers. "We only wanna talk."

Luca ground the lollipop in his mouth between his premolars, stick clicking against his incisor. They were watching her - but not responsible for the bounty. So they were looking after assets and information to be learned by intervening.

But there was a personal connection that he wasn't quite seeing, only because the idea bewildered him. "What about, then?" He proposed, looking over his shoulder at Tamamo.

Hearing Luca talk about what he had 'only' been doing for Tamamo pleased her.

"Gomenasai! My stupid co-worker back at the office is super-young and all goose stepping to the national anthem and fantasizing each time she looks at an image of Yui and is very, very Neko-Supremacist and extra eager to make a name for herself!" Sakamoto admitted to Tamamo, her ears wilting as she shied away for just a moment. She recovered quickly however.

"Yes, Mister Pavone. The very fact that two of us are here in person should make that clear," Sakamoto added to Yuna's statement, the decorum of her voice becoming slightly more professional. Interestingly, the nosebleed had somehow vanished without a trace when no-one was looking. "After all, it's a waste for the two of us to recoup the loss of some cheaply produced clothing, a power armor, sidearm and toothpaste like some debt collector," she pointed out. "That's what bounty hunters are for. Besides. If that was really what we wanted, I would still be eating my dango." The Ex-Jiyuuian woman then smiled, "Let me prove the point; the bounty's been taken down. Take a look." True to her word, anyone with a proper connection could check and see for themselves that the very thing that caused this mess was nowhere to be seen. "It's all just some over-zealousness on a junior's part, I'm sure. But don't worry - I'll make sure you get your pound of flesh. After I get mine," Sakamoto smiled, the expression taking on new meaning.

"Though, as for what we're here for..." her voice trailed off, "Yuna-senpaaiiii~" the woman almost sang.

Last edited:
Yuna's glossed lips curled to one side. She blew a tuft air to clear her bangs away, hoping the state of her hair would cover for the real source of her irritation. She waited for the rest of the PSG employees to clear the immediate area before she spoke over the breeze.

"Sesshoseki-san and Ms. Echelon represent a chance to improve our security," Yuna said, trying to parse her words. "They have maintained an active communication node to Yamatai's military network and falsified data within it. We initially believed Sesshoseki-san was a POW being forced against her will to engage in this activity, but we later determined that was not the case, and we couldn't link hostile activity to the node. What activity we did see concerned us and honestly was kinda confusin'. SAINT wanted to know what was going on, so we've been awatching, hoping to understand and eventually talk with you both."

Yuna shifted from Luca to Tamamo to Echelon during the last part. She didn't want to appear rude, talking about the two subjects without talking to them.

"That time came sooner than we hoped with the posting of the bounties. We ain't here to erase anyone — only the hole in our security." She bit and released her lower lip. Her accent always came through when she talked too much.

Last edited:
An ultranationalist Neko was a plausible excuse for the irritable circumstances that Tamamo had been forced to endure, however Tamamo wasn't entirely clear on whether it was true. As such she did the logical thing and checked, connecting to Delta's comm array and scouring the networks for bounty listings. With a cursory search as far as she could tell Sakamoto Hina's story checked out, another point in the favor of her unexpected visitor's honesty. Things were going well so far, now it was a matter of watching 'Yuna-senpai' to see where her response would go, after all so far the two Neko seemed at odds there was no guarantee of corroborating stories.

Immediate results were promising, Tamamo had been so far impressed by the pink haired Neko's behaviour, and the explanation she provided did much to encourage the budding opinion. In spite of her positive response Tamamo admitted that it was unlikely that she'd fully trust them any time soon. She did not like her circumstances, the removal of volition was unacceptable. Unfortunately she had to admit that all data she had available suggested that the only reason that she had lasted as long as she had was that the SAoY did not want her dead. After all her death would likely to be sudden and unforeseen had it been desired, she had no illusions that at present she was anything beyond a helpless entity caught up in the machinations of the universe. As Sakamoto had highlighted with a mention of dango, they had little reason to show up in person if death was all they intended.

Blinking out of her partially feigned vacant state, Tamamo looked to Hirasawa-san openly studying her for a moment with ears perked forward listening as much as watching, delving deeper than she was sure the other woman would feel comfortable with. After a couple of minutes Tamamo shrugged and looked away just as suddenly as she had started.

"I don't mind talking to them. Assuming they let me get changed." Pointedly speaking to Luca, Tamamo made what media had informed her was a normal request, though for her part she largely didn't want to walk into SAINT's arms covered in military equipment, "Sakamoto-san has proven an amicable host before, and I'm certain that with Hirasawa-san's efforts this time will be no different."

Purposefully delaying her response to Sakamoto, Tamamo instead turned her attention to Echelon attempting to encourage some minor benefits for herself the small girl inquired politely, "I hope you won't mind lending me some of your time as a mimicom again Echelon? I don't want to impose."

With all that she could likely achieve done, Tamamo turned inward reviewing the data that she had and reassured herself that she had chosen the optimal result based on the circumstances. This reevaluation confirmed that Tamamo did not like her future prospects should she refuse the request. The decision that it was best to play along with the polite overture that SAINT had put forward was one that for the moment she couldn't refute. Optimistically her best projections suggested that perhaps she'd even get to learn something, though at the very least it was likely that attempting to resolve this situation was going to cut down on disruption, especially if she avoided unnecessary delay. In her opinion it was better to get done with the time sink. That way she could get back to more productive pursuits sooner. After all this scenario had proven that she needed to work harder than anticipated. Time was proving regularly that surprises were more often than not unpleasant ones. She intended not to allow it to continue for long.

Luca smirked, eyebrow raised as he saw the two projected bounties suddenly get red crosses on them, the filling applicant lists under them suddenly booted off. Then, the images of their faces and other details about them suddenly vanished, replaced by bounties for an angel, a doctor, and a man with a stun gun on his knob.

They'd kept their word, and despite the usual cognitive dissonance Luca experienced whenever he was in close enough proximity to SAINT, it seemed to freeze. His usual huff and puff when SAINT got their fingers in his pies was allayed as he heard Tamamo out. "Well, if you say so, I won't stop you." Luca pulled the stick of his lollipop out of his mouth and twirled it between his fingertips and looked at Yuna and Sakamoto. "If you two are only here to talk, I'll allow it." He placed the stick into his top pocket, with all the others.

"You dropped the bounty, you've helped drive off my enemies too, you only want to talk..." He grabbed a pair of orange pentagons from the inside of his jacket, with the white words 'VISITOR' embossed onto them. "Take these. They'll let you get around to lounge and kitchen areas. Echelon, show our guests to Alpha Platform. There should be a spare GP-ORV somewhere on deck to drive with, I don't think the Mimicom can fly..."

The GP-ORVs usually had their keys in the ignition, and they were used to travel from place to place and transport small loads of goods. Larger vehicles could've been blown over with crosswinds, so the jeep's flatter profile was a boon. Some jeeps were already moving around to get medivac supplies on scene, an orange light on top of the canopy providing ample warning for staff. The SAINT agents knew of Luca's positive relations with Origin Industries, so it made sense they purchased equipment with a discount from them in return for previous services rendered in the past. They definitely got the kickass spaceship from them, and the presence of an Ori-Mart in Sargasso was their supply line.

Echelon meanwhile was watching and waiting for something, checking an imaginary watch. She then looked over to a sliding door into the library facility on deck, and watched it open, Echelon's Mimicom stepping out wearing a comfortably daggy tracksuit, hands on hips. "What's the Mimicom for?" Echelon's Mimicom asked, speaking so much more clearly than her normal body did, "I like being an eight foot tall death machine, its like walking around in your pyjamas - but they have a railgun in them."

With Luca's apparent acceptance for the moment, Tamamo decided it would be best to follow up quickly and get things moving as such the first thing out of her mouth was thanks, "Thank you Luca. I'll try to keep the disruption minor."

From there Tamamo addressed Echelon taking a bit of inspiration from her interactions with Phase, "As wonderful as your usual body is, I don't think our guests can handle fabulous." She paused, and the seconds stretched as she realized she'd failed to punctuate the statement with a wink. The moment lost she continued on, "Also I think you'd rather have your usual hardware here for getting Delta back in order. Your mimicom isn't as great for heavy lifting, and won't be missed if it gets caught up in social circumstances."

Pointing with unerring accuracy toward the starport Tamamo casually continued this time speaking to both Sakamoto and Hirasawa-san, "I need to go to Sargasso's starport where my stuff is stored." A moment was spent in silence as she considered this before continuing, "Realizing that this sounds like a great way to make an escape, I suppose one of you can tag along while I get changed out into fresher clothing... I'm sure you can decide amongst yourselves who will come?"

Swivelling her head between Sakamoto, and Hirasawa, Tamamo twitched her ears as she waited for a response hoping that they'd make up their minds quickly.

Yuna glanced toward Sakamoto.

"You two seem friendly," she said to her ever-so-special superior. "Prob'ly should be you. I need to report on what happened here."

If Sakamoto didn't have some level of understanding of Tamamo, she would have been anxious waiting for a reply. Not that she would have admitted it. However, she understood some of how the young Neko thought and accurately guessed she was simply more focused on the 'business' at hand. Plus, the moment Luca made to hand her the orange visitor badge, one ear rose while the other lowered as the woman tilted her head in curiosity. Leaning forward, bare, silky smooth shoulders could be briefly glimpsed before slender fingers reached out and down from the lip of the tilted container. Though taking the badge with both hands like a business card, she continued to give both it and Luca an expression of curiosity, surprised yet mild. The moment the topic changed however, a smile graced her lips as she looked at Yuna.

"Ara, ara. You don't want to get to know her?" Sakamoto slyly asked Yuna, her tone less than innocent. "Well, more for me I suppose~" Looking at Tamamo, she added, "I can't wait to see what you'll be wearing Tamamo-chan." At that, the seemingly nude stealth model Neko reached down behind the rim of the container, and with the sound of shuffling cloth, pulled the edges of a kimono over her shoulders. Walking up the interior of the shipping container like a ramp, she stood 'tall' and proud in her green and white garb before hopping down with the grace of a leaf. That is, slowly through the air, and with no impact at her feet. It was unnatural, but, most things about Nekovalkyrja were. It was only natural that this be the case with Sakamoto as well.

"Shall we be off?" the woman asked, her feline tail revealing itself.

Last edited:
Listening to the decision Tamamo nodded in assent to the pink haired SAINT Neko, before turning her full attention to the taller, and curiously less casually dressed Sakamoto. As she was joined on the platform, Tamamo briefly considered her options before floating into the air after determining that it would be too much trouble to convince the older Neko to allow for her to be carried. Starting to drift slowly toward the starport, Tamamo spoke happily, "Yes lets. After all I'm sure there is much you want to catch up on Hina~" The use of personal name without honorific was a calculated choice, let the others wonder just how close they were. Let Sakamoto wonder why she was being so friendly.

Keeping her pace slow as she waited for Sakamoto to follow Tamamo drifted over the edge of the platform and over the lazy swells of the ocean below. It was going to be interesting escorting the older woman through the Nepleslian starport, especially since she was fairly certain that they were going to draw every eye that they ventured past. Tamamo was after all a rarity in the public eye, having a fluffy eared and tailed companion was going to likely triple local interest. Even so she had more important things on her mind. First though she'd finally respond.

"Thank you for your explanation of circumstances," The message to Sakamoto began simply enough, "Today has been rather unpleasant. As such I am appreciative that I can rely on you to keep me in the loop. Admittedly I hope the poor girl isn't punished too severely for her blunder. It sounds as if she has enough difficulty in her life."

As she sent the message the pair began to approach the starport, aiming for an open area near the grounded Kestrel at speeds that in another age would have been reserved for ground cars. Soon they would be making their landing, and her domestic task could be achieved with relative ease, however she had to be a good host. Koa insisted.

"Ano, Hina... Are you going to be able to entertain yourself while I get changed? Or should I provide some sort of entertainment to keep you amused?"
Again the lack of honorific in this time sent warmly in telepathy, the older woman knew her well enough to know that she was unlikely to be offering anything lewd, but the implication was a part of the game. At least as she remembered it. Hopefully she'd be able to come up with something that would keep Sakamoto from sashaying around the starport in an idly mischevious manner.

As her face became red like a beet, Sakamoto felt like someone torn asunder by two equal and opposite forces. On one hand, she knew that Tamamo was what some called a 'Purebred', and all her suddenly social expressions were likely a skill acquired through practice, but on the other? A part of her hoped that it was genuine. Even if that wasn't the case though, her tail would still be fluffed up in delight.

"Tamamo-chan, you've grown up so much!~~~<3" With a squee of delight, Sakamoto took off after the departing Neko, leaving Yuna at the mercy of Luca and his Merry Men (and Women). "Oh, don't worry about Yuna-senpai. She might be making it hard on herself, but I sometimes think she enjoys it." Despite this, by the time the two arrived at the starport, she had calmed enough to make the proper impact.

Though open air, with austere metal structures erected to provide shade, the starport was like any other star port, which meant that regular, common people who didn't have their own ships were all waiting in long lines. Long lines with cordons and security that held their irritable spouses and over-sugared, caffeine guzzling children in far too close proximity to themselves despite whatever open space there was. Lines which lead to people checking in or checking out their luggage, which always escaped to become part of the local herd of airport luggage. Lines which always lead them through security that was always peering through their attractive girlfriend's or boyfriend's clothing 'for national security'. Lines that often had the latest, yet always invasive, Anti-Mishhu/Anti-Neko probe device used on people in a random screen, on a random person, which always happened to be you.

And it was, of course, right through all of this that they came.

Though at first oblivious to their arrival, The Light seemed to suddenly shine on them, heralding Their arrival and withering these comparatively lesser beings. In an instant, heads turned away from crying babies and tantrum throwing children. Luggage was dropped and lost forever as people's mouths fell. Girlfriends slapped their significant others who dared to look while unsatisfying relationships came to a sudden end as they were faced with their final straw. Tacky, decorative flowers planted in the barren soil almost seemed to bloom with new life as kids realized they were starting to feel funny. Parents felt uneasy when asked by their kids what this meant. Even then, others started to reconsider their preferences in life, seeing something that was simply so much better. Eyes watched, their owners almost feeling the smooth, creamy, soft skin in their minds' hands while their noses could practically smell the delicately flowered scent that trailed behind after their silken hair. Completely flawless, even fey in their beauty, these two walked through the waiting crowd.

And, just as quickly as they arrived, vanished into a ship of heroes - the Crimson Kestrel.

"Ara, ara," Sakamoto complained. "Even with it being in the open, spaceports are so stuffy with all these horrible smells," the Neko turned Jiyuuian turned Neko again glanced at her little perfume bottle. The scent, meant to relax and sooth yet entice, had met its maker defending them from the assault on their senses. The place was practically like a feedlot, with how sweaty and stinky things were getting. Still, it would be honored for its valiance - she'd go buy another one. In the back of her mind, she wondered what that advertisement with the great music was trying to sell, but that was the least of her concerns.

"Oh, every responsible adult is well able to keep herself entertained, Tamamo-chan. But, I'd be delighted to see what you have up your sleeve," Sakamoto's smooth voice touched against the young Neko's mind.

Last edited:
The Rigs, Delta Platform
Luca and Echelon Prime watched the little blue blip disappear into the distance towards Sargasso. Left amongst the the salvageable platform, Luca was looking down at something that looked like a communications device. Yuna didn't recognise it, and figured it must've been PSG technology. SAINT knew they had manufacturing capability.

The soldiers were counting the costs, giving him numbers. Intel, R&D and Support were thankfully uncompromised, this was an all physical attack, and a boneheaded one too. If the bounty post going down didn't tell anyone to piss off, it'd be a routing a noticeable portion of the Sunburnt Warriors' armament and manpower. Already, the networks were chittering about it - perhaps spectating from Sargasso or beyond. The message was out: Do not fuck with the Phoenix Service Group.

Slipping the experimental device away, he looked back to the Nekovalkyrja. "You know, one day after the Kennewes clusterfuck, she just decided to be ... herself." Luca said, referring to Tamamo's physical changes. "I don't know how she did it, but, she felt her debt to me was repaid after she gave me ongoing medical attention."

He looked about, at all of the damage. "Speaking of debts, I think some renumeration's in order. Those sunburns did do a number-" he looked over the bridge to Alpha Platform and towards the scar on it left by a falling gunship "-on my base."

The taller Echelon looked over the numbers and said: "TH3 B0UNTY Y0U GUYS P0ST3D SH0ULD SUFF1C3. 4LS0-" She said.

"-I need to explain how I did the hack." The Mimicom Echelon was taking control of finished the war machine's sentence. "You're standing in front of one of the Pawns-"

"-4ND TH3 PUPP3TM4ST3R." Echelon Prime pointed her metal thumbs at herself.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back