• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Approved Submission Star Army Counselor

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Name the color though. I feel like Counselor Purple isn't enough but nothing else coming to mind.

If they talk to retired SAOY personnel I imagine that IIS would need to handover to them, as the currently provide mental health services to veterans under contract from the SAOY (not active service though)

Oh if we already have a service for vets, I can just remove that part. I didn’t know. I just want to make sure everyone gets the care they need. ❤️

If they talk to retired SAOY personnel I imagine that IIS would need to handover to them, as the currently provide mental health services to veterans under contract from the SAOY (not active service though)
Oh if we already have a service for vets, I can just remove that part. I didn’t know. I just want to make sure everyone gets the care they need. ❤️
I'm not sure why they can't both exist.

Oh I don’t think Eth was suggesting they can’t both exist. Just that either IIS or SA Counselors should be responsible for vets, not both.

IIS does what the VA does, Counselors are on active duty.

I don't know why Counselors can't take both active duty and veteran clients. It takes away RP opportunities from people who are writing Counselors if they aren't allowed to work with veterans for weird bureaucracy reasons.

Oh I don’t think Eth was suggesting they can’t both exist. Just that either IIS or SA Counselors should be responsible for vets, not both.
I was thinking of some kind of joint arrangement if Hyralt wanted it, IIS has a lot of experience with military mental health by this point and could help with the new Councillors by knowledge sharing or helping with training maybe (at least for veteran's issues). Or course they could be separate if that's easier.

It's a nice income stream for IIS but it's more important to them that it helps endear them to Yam, but it's not like they're going to throw a fit when the SAOY wants to nationalise veteran care and have their own active duty personnel spend their time on veterans rather than having the Councillors focus on serving personnel.

I wasn't intending on asking for any change, I was just making sure Hyralt was aware of the current arrangement :)

Okay, that works for me. I expect we’ll want to have some period of overlap during the transition as SAOY trains up the first gen of counselors. Though I suppose that won’t take long if we can imprint the knowledge onto a batch of nekos. I can help update the wiki if/when this gets approved.

It's fine by me if the SAOY wants to do that, I guess there would be some kind of clause for buyout in the contract for X many 100 million or billion KS is all I'd mention from my end. Given they provide for the mental health of all veterans (of which there are a lot) it would be quite a substantial contract. I actually don't think I ever asked for a number from Wes in terms of income from it - bean counting for my companies isn't my thing - but yeah. I think just a mention of the history in the article, a SYNC message and maybe a JP would do to tie it all up.

Gotcha. That’s a bit over my head. I’m okay with anything, as long as the active duty members start getting care.

In the US with military and veterans' health care in general, and mental heath specifically, only active duty and full retirees and their dependents would ever see a uniformed health care or mental health care provider, and only then if they went to an on-base hospital. Veterans using the Veterans' Affairs medical system see civilians, either in their own clinic, or contracted out if there is no capacity for them in their area. Retirees and dependents and Active Duty dependents going to non-military hospitals or other providers would see a provider contracted to accept the military payer system, TriCare.

I imagine a large portion of those employees would come from the Counselor SAoY occupation.

By the way, I'm always stoked to see new MOS' in the SAOY - it makes me super happy to see players get more options for their characters. So I'm a big fan of the article :)

Would have been happy either way but it's true that it's probably simpler this way.

That being said I also came across this earlier, so I'm unsure if this was already defaulted under the SAOY (there was no correspondence with IIS or any clarification beyond so I'm not sure)
@Yuuki?

And yep, I'd definitely say when Counselors start retiring that IIS would be looking to hire them.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back