• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

Approved Submission Star Army Counselor

This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
Updated panel colour to medical teal, changed MOS to 08C, and threw together a quick medical teal uniform WITHOUT the normal medical patch. Does this seem reasonable? I can follow up with a counselor patch on a future edit.
teal_uniform.png
I would like to make it clear that there are Counselors that do NOT have the same kind of medical training as medics and doctors, hence the lack of the normal patch. I think we could have counselors with MDs or medic training who have earned the patch, but most have trained for mental health rather than treating physical wounds and illness.

Adding it to SAAMMS' curriculum would make the most sense, I agree Ame. That also allows it to trickle down to all the other training locations that run SAAMMS' curriculum already, like the current and future training plots with SAAMMS' campuses in various Forts - rather than barring training plots based elsewhere from showcasing this MOS. Sharing the love for current or future training plots to draw off is the right move.

Adding it to SAAMMS' curriculum would make the most sense, I agree Ame. That also allows it to trickle down to all the other training locations that run SAAMMS' curriculum already, like the current and future training plots with SAAMMS' campuses in various Forts - rather than barring training plots based elsewhere from showcasing this MOS. Sharing the love for current or future training plots to draw off is the right move.
In the submission, under eligibility:
Most Star Army of Yamatai counselors attend a 4 year counseling program at Star Army Academy of Military & Medical Sciences.
There's further discussion in the same section about enriching civilian counseling degrees or MDs, but I made the intentional decision to have SAAMMS be the typical path, through a counseling-specific program.

In the submission, under eligibility:

There's further discussion in the same section about enriching civilian counseling degrees or MDs, but I made the intentional decision to have SAAMMS be the typical path, through a counseling-specific program.
Nice one!

Yeah I deleted my post because I hadn't read the work and foresight Hyralt had put in there. My post was all baseless since he's got it all figured out very well.

Troi wore so many hats so well and was such a useful plot device, so I really am excited to see that same path here!

Take One: I made it essentially a cuter version of the Medic patch. Related but distinctive. I couldn't think of what to put in the middle so i got a cuter version of the same thing. It's rounded instead of pointy to be softer and safer and instead of red I am going to get my way with coral

star_army_counselor.png

Awww I love that patch. Very calming lol. It might be worth chatting with @Locked_0ut as he's thinking on medical MOS patches and things too, if you're not already :)

Futura font is similar to Johnston

Awww I love that patch. Very calming lol. It might be worth chatting with @Locked_0ut as he's thinking on medical MOS patches and things too, if you're not already :)
Yeah this thread gave me the idea about that
Do I need to wait for 4 years to have a trained one or are we backdating this?
Probably either backdate training or first Gen being recruited from outside?

I think that patch is too similar. I think that backdating recruiting for it and getting some people from the outside would be good. Also if someone just happened to have the right credit and were in. The first gen is just now being deployed even though it's Been 'a yhibg that was coming' for a while.

Submission approved. We can still make minor tweaks (e.g. logo) as needed.

I think that patch is too similar. I think that backdating recruiting for it and getting some people from the outside would be good. Also if someone just happened to have the right credit and were in. The first gen is just now being deployed even though it's Been 'a yhibg that was coming' for a while.
yeah it makes sense that this wasn't like just rolled out out of nowhere. There can probably already be a graduating class of new Councilors

I like that one a lot better, the shape differentiates it from the Medic. The medic patch due to it's importance in a crisis isn't one that you want to have be mistaken for something else.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back