• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NSS Nerkat This is how we do it downtown!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amelia glanced at the odd scene of the medic with a spike in his back and barely noticing it. "I wonder if Autumn felt anything...?" There was only curiosity in her voice, no sympathy. She turned her LPA towards the soldiers running towards her position. It almost looked like she was going to shoot them, but in reality, she was only watching their backs for anything that may try to kill them during their little dash. "Hm.. Well, it seems our earlier notion of this being botched from the start holds true." She didn't seem worried at all for some reason.

Kagura watched it all going down, strafing the incoming artillery rounds and moved in closer to the source to get a bead on them, as per Adrian’s orders. In her head she was fighting off the urge to get angry over the loss of her closest friend here and used her HUD to determine the trajectory of the shells and while there was a momentary lull in fire, she shot off a PAL round in that direction, aiming to take out that artillery user. “Bastards.” She cursed them. “They can all die like the dogs they are…”

The artillery fire had... Well, stopped. And it stopped for a good while... Which would be fourteen seconds, although they was still a fair amount of time. A short time after Kagura fired, for a form of reference, they was a very loud shout from a cybernetic voice box, as it sound robotic yet very organic in actual wording from far away, "WHAT THE FU-"

And then quite the sizeable explosion would be heard, the ground shaking considerably causing the last 'big hill' to crumble a little more, being much much smaller then it was originally. Maybe it was the various explosions against it. Curious!

In anycase...

For those who looked yonder over the hill, and the large hill was about the same size as some of the other smaller hills nearby, so the hill in question didn't really matter to much, would find about four hundred and sixty two meters (As nature hardly ever had some sort of flat even, simple number) of 'flat land'. By that, it was, indeed, mostly flattened grass, although there were extremely gently hills, no larger then the height of a average human's foot.

Beyond that, there was a plateau like hill that was no bigger then the hill that was recently was shortened by artillery fire. And it had a walled base on top of the hill, several towers, just like the briefing described. They were at the target zone! Ha! The only thing visible beyond the walls, though, was the two buildings. One close to the wall to the south west side that's top seemed only to be a block, and what can only be described as a large radar dish.

What caused the explosion wasn't really tell able, although there was a large crater in the 452m 'field' of grass with bits of shrapnel and plenty of burnt (or on fire) grass.

Based on the other towers around the objective outpost/base, that were in obvious states of disrepair (There was only one visible one that was actually whole... And that one didn't even seem active), although also the source of the artillery. How it blew would be something unknown, at least for now. None of the turrets were, though, firing.

Other noticable things would be the bunker on the dirt road rise (As seen in a (poor) map posted in the briefing topic) whose occupants were not visible, the large number of Jimmies[/i], around the number of 30, standing statue like on the walls (It has rails and the likes to be walked on, so they were battlements) with a 'all powerful' SMG.

More importantly, though, was what the shuttle (Which had already left) dropped off. Well, it was only important because they were about two hundred and fifty seven meters away from the bulk of the Green's marines (The valiant PCs!) taking moderate cover behind a small bump in the ground descrbed earlier. They... Were obviously out classed by the marines, though, as they were only a eight guys in some sort of non-power armor armor, like... Well, flak jackets, and helmets. Most of them seemed to be using the ever classic [url=https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=gp-1_assault_rifle]GP-1s
, although for the moment were abstaining their fire. One of the group of eight, though, did NOT have the assault rifle. No... Something else. It looked like some sort of... Pulse rifle, although it also looked like a sniper rifle.

Over head, far up into the sky, a pair of fighters passed by to the north east, toward the base (Reminder being that the base/outpost was directly to the north), and then both banking a turn in opposite directions. And they weren't being fired on by any anti-air equipment the installation supposedly had. Although, their allegiance was unknown.

... They... Kinda looked like Hoplites...

And, a final thing. Although one might miss it, being that it was grey-ish on gunmetal grey (The thing in question and the wall, respectively), leaning against the wall as if the occupant was resting or something was the one thing many a Nepleslian might know as a symbol of both fear and hatred, in varying scales depending on how you felt for Yamatai. Because it was a Mindy.

The Tech Sentry pushed his VOID forwards, activating his combined thruster systems and deploying his shield drones to form defensive positions as needed. No point in playing it stealty anymore. After a few seconds, he received a notice that his TRACER racks were online and primed for firing.

"Copy that sar-" Gyles blanked for a moment, staring at the antiquated weapons platforms flying towards them. This battle seemed to turning into a history lesson, with a cobbled up blend of machines from various eras and nations fighting them. If he hadn't seen Autumn get killed so suddenly, and wasn't in mortal danger, it might have even passed as amusing. But the novelty had worn off and he had to mark some targets.

"Well fuck me sideways..." He grunted, audibly annoyed. "Variable fighters, inbound. I've also spotted a Mindy. Loadout unknown, no Aetheric signature, either."

"What the fuck is a -MINDY- doing here?" Ran started running towards the rest of the group, signaling for Weynolt and Harrison to follow closely. That last explosion was rather close, and the Chief hated being far from the action for too long. "Do -not-, I repeat, do not engage the Mindy until we get a definite I.D on it." The last thing that the Chief needed was for someone under his command to blow up a Yamataian military adviser, or something. "McCain, we've got a Mindy near the mission objective. I need you to pass that on to command. I don't want our boys blowing up a fucking Yamataian adviser, or some shit."

Oh, shit. The fighters.
As soon as Ran hit the base of the hill that the Marines were on, he raised his SBR in the direction of the fighters. "Attain a lock-on on the fighters if they come close, but do not fire unless fired upon. McCain, pass word on to command that we've got Hoplites here, as well."

Amelia didn't respond with her usual 'yes sir!' this time for some reason, but simply followed Ran. She grinned at the sight of the weapons platform, "Finally. The real fun begins." Her voice had changed somehow.

She looked around at the enemy groups and laughed. "This is what they send against us? Typical Reds. The Mindy is probably the only real challenge." She glanced up at the Hoplites flying around like they were dizzy or something and let her targeting get a lock and the closest one. Her LPA was still warmed up and ready to fire on command. "Hm..hm..hm... Well at least the annoying artillery has quieted down a little bit." She actually seemed to be enjoying this.

"We have a MINDY?" Harrison said sourly, already establishing a lock on the Hoplites.

"Sweet and gentle Jesus, I think we have two options here. Either A) the consipracy theories I subscribe to are right, and Yamatai and the Reds have allied, or B) Reds are purchasing and outfitting some of their elite troops with Yamataian equipment. Either way, I think someone may have set us up or dropped us into something they didn't expect.

"And Weynolt, knock the cynical death-trooper bull, you're kind of freaking me out."

Ian was shaking with rage. Even in the bulky FIRE armor it was apparent. They'd killed Autumn, after all. His voice was quiet and full of incredible anger as he hailed command.

"This is Chief Ian McCain. Yamataian armor spotted. Requesting permission to nuke the fucker, and then whatever incompetent, IDIOT officer PLANNED THIS FUCKING MISSION."

===========

"Hold still, Saelus."

Fay, if the morphine wasn't completely overshadowing the pain, would feel the piece of shrapnel jiggle in his back as Adrian's durandium-wrapped hand grabbed a hold of it. He'd then feel it, and some flesh around it vacate his body as the massive piece of shrapnel was torn out of the smaller medic.

Adrian quickly went about popping open his MED and extracting anti-biotics and liquid bandages from the container. Fuck... no time to put enough pressure on the thing... Shit, I can't worm a constriction band through there... Liquid bandages will have to work.

"Fay, listen, you've got two choices. Either I get liquid bandages onto your wound, and then we hope you don't get an infection before we get back to base, or I cauterize the wound and we'll fix it up later. Your call, mate."

((HENRY AWAAAY!!))

Where the hell was Henry?

Well - There the hell was Henry. From somewhere in Los Apagos, he got jaunted in a direction he never knew existed and materialised next to Ran Rui. He found himself wearing a WATER2 Power Armour with just what he liked put onto it. An LBR with a Continuous Stream attachment with all of the standard gear.

To everyone else, it looked like he was a latecomer to the action. Their radars registered Henry immediately as an ally.

His head was killing him, but he reoriented his senses quickly, "Gentlemen." He broadcast to the team in his usual forgotten-how-to-speak voice, "Sorry I'm late..." He kept his LBR raised at the Mindy, ready to fire continuous on a hair's notice. His aim was extremely shaky due to mental fatigue.
He had done little study into Yamataian armours before. Getting to blast one to bits and look at the remains may have been suitable study anyway.

"Welcome back, Henry. Glad you could come to the party." Harrison said nonchalantly, still looking over the top of the hill at the MINDY armor and hoping like hell it wasn't doing the same to him.

Fay braced himself as Adrian pulled the shrapnel out of his back. A short grunt escaped, but it was more of relief then of pain. A small breeze entered the hole in both armor and flesh which caused him to shiver. It didn't hurt too much... but morphine doesn't relieve a cold sensation unfortunately... ...Nor does it to heat.

After a moment of thinking, he made a decision, "I'd rather not risk infection, which will likely cause more damage then it's worth to keep me alive. If the wound is fairly deep, which it appears to be..." He observed the large bloody piece of metal that Adrian had extracted before continuing, "Cauterize it. I don't know how much longer we are going to stay out here. The longer we wait, the more chance of infection and me bleeding to death." He grimaced at his own words. As he waited, the medic ordered his armor to prepare to inject him with some Droksin to replenish any lost blood.

The Mindy seemed stone like, like a statue. A dangerous statue that would bring along death and destruction, being a Mindy and all, but a statue none the less. It had a beam rifle in its hands, looking out toward the marines without having moved yet, the rifle that would shoot aetheritic death at them still, although in their direction.

The men in the red and black colored flak jackets in their moderate cover made the first move against the marines, apparently. What would appear to be the sergeant of the squad barked out; "Alright men! We're getting back up, keep their heads down! SUPPRESSIVE FIRE!" Following the order, seven GP-1 assault rifles riddled bullets above the hill top where the marines were talking cover, causing shrill noises as the bullets whirled over the antagonists' heads. The 'sniper', though, held his fire. Truthfully, he was waiting for someone to pop up.

Along suit with the seven rifles' discharge of bullets would be four streams of the white stuff known as aether as two Crooked Demons, dropped out late from the same shuttle the above troops were dropped out of, slowly walked forward, not wanting to disturb their aim. Not that it would be easy to look, as the sensors were no less jammed, but they had all vibroclaws.

From the previously thought of to be vacant bunker, six chain guns further helped along the suppressive fire, all of which from Demon M1s.

The roar of the weapons fire along with the various munitions over head flying would completely mask the thudded arrival of a large Lorath model, which for the present moment held it's fire and slowly walked up toward where the grunts in flaks were, roughly in the middle between the base and where the marines were.

Luckily, though, this suppressive fire managed to cause many of the forty missile pods the two Hoplites fired, total, as they roared across the marines at maximum speed to explode prematurely, although still there was a good number that caused craters in the ground. The marines were only so lucky to not take any direct hits, but dirt went everywhere to add to the chaos. Plus there was the raw shock waves the explosions gave off to give them a shell shock of sorts.

The marines out numbered and gunned...

It would also be noted that command, or anyone else, didn't respond.

Right. Ran's orders, and that beast makes a god target.

"Well fuck this. Cover me, I'm going to mark the targets with my TRACER racks!" Gyles exclaimed into his comms system to the rest of the squad, before breaking off from the hill with his LPA blazing. He fired dozens of rapid plasma blasts in the general direction of the Crooked Demons, while rapidly cutting in between blast craters and smashed trees towards the looming figure of the Bringer of Thunder. The plasma jets of his armor left a trail of scorched dirt and plant life in his wake.

The tech sentry only hoped that they were supporting him, or he would be as good as dead.

"Motherfucker, what the hell?!" Ran crouched low to the ground in order to avoid the incoming streams of aether, not more than a month ago responsible for him not having his original arm again. "Fucking Crooked Demons!" Ran screamed, throwing his SBR to the ground after discovering that the Tech Sentries had partially disassembled it. "Priority targets are the Crooked Demons! Keep maneuvering, but don't fucking fly -above- the fuckers!" Noticing that Gyles had gone out to mark the Crooked Demons, the Chief set up three triangular shields around his PA and activated his HFC, fully expecting this to involve close-combat. Noting the lumbering figure of what appeared to be a large mobile frame, the Chief couldn't help but gulp. "We'll take out the infantry so that they won't tie us up while we deal with the large frame! Everyone make sure you record this data! I'm sure that command would like to know that the fucking Yamataians are being cunts and screwing with us again."

"I'm not gonna lose another fucking arm to these shits! I want everyone to douse the fucking area they're in with grenades to weaken their shields for our FIREs to blow them the fuck up! Auxilliary squad! I hope one of you guys brought an extra weapon, 'cause I could use one. Otherwise, I want us to all break up into two-man fire teams in order to present a less-large target to the enemy. Split yourselves up accordingly. Weynolt, you're with me again. " Ran sighed, looking down at the "RED ONLY" hastily written on his FGL. "Shit, fuck. Let's do this already! McCain, try and get on the horn to the Vipers, or -something-!" The chief, bringing both shields in front of the VOID, started after Newman, signaling for the rest of them behind him to "HURRY THE FUCK UP." And as he advanced, he fired several bursts from his GLCs in the direction of the Crooked Demons, taking care to check his flanks and exposed sides for any other bad surprises.

"Keep an eye on the fucking Mindy! It's just standing there, and that's sure as fuck not a good sign."

An audible clunk was heard coming from Henry. His jaw had dropped in a warped mix of fear and amusement from seeing the Lorath Bringer of Thunder land with the Crooked Demons.
"Good - god..." Was all that could tumble out of his mouth.

His aim was still a bit shaky, but good to aim at one of the Crooked Demons.
I shall study these new subjects later - for now, it is time to revise. He thought to himself as he followed Ran's orders. He'd seen him lose an arm to these hulking monstrosities before.

He let loose the ARROWs and the PLA of his armour on the Crooked, strapping his LBR to his back and replacing it with the good old VBCS Chainsword.

Adrian unhooked his LPC from his back, holding the massive plasma cannon out to Ran. "Hey, Rui! Use this!" He tossed the weapon towards the Chief before turning back to Fay. As he did so, he also unhooked his surgical laser, and used his other hand to spread the puncture wound slightly. He aimed the laser in, and quickly began cauterizing the cut.

"Gran, get ready to patch his armor when I'm done."

============

The Red forces suddenly found a number of massive plasma explosions in and around their group. Ian's FIRE had begun a heavy bombardment of the area, targeting courtesy of one of the tactical drones that had been attached to his back and then deployed.

Even with the morphine, Fay felt some of the pain. He bit his tongue to almost draw blood and clenched his fists so that if he wasn't wearing the armor, his knuckles would've been pure white. Even so, his foot twitched uncontrollably.

"As you wish... heh.." Amelia's HUD picked up the crooked demons as targets as she drifted along with the chief. She silenced the small nagging alarm that told her of the debris pelting her shield from the artillery. "Hm.. So she did bring them after all... Good girl.." With that, Amelia/Alice fired a short burst of her DARTs, effectively screwing with subsystems on any target unlucky enough to get hit.

She hit the boost to keep up with Ran, though her movements seemed a little nonchalant still. She opened up with her LPA in bursts on the crooked demons as soon as she got a visual. "Kisn toni ibolonvi"

Kagura kept pace with the others even when the mindy was spotted but was aghast when the Bringer of Thunder arrived. "Oh what the fuck is all all this... someone's going to get their ass kicked after this mission. Who the hell was responsible for the intel?" she asked Ran and Adrian over the horn as she loosed a barrage of PAL fire to support Ran's own upon the Red's.

Bullets whined and shrieked banshee calls about Harrison's haid like suicide mosquitoes hellbent on killing him. Nevertheless, Harrison retained his level-headedness long enough to acknowledge Ran's order.

"Confirmed, artillery support inbound!" The number of plasma explosions suddenly increased as Harrison picked out the Crooked Demons and started landing shells behind them, trying to take out the target's sensitive, lightly-armored pilot's compartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back