• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Uniform Updates for the Star Army of Yamatai

Hmmmm seems a neat idea~ Do we have any easy ways to see what a sample would look like? : P I thiiiiink it'll look good but some part of me is having doubts. (Arguably that part is probably the hungry part of me and it's always kinda negative x3)

Looks pretty nice! Wonder if Yai would have worn this if he still had the desk job in the YE 40. Would Commanders of a logistics position favor command uniforms, or administration uniforms?

Unit commanders would use white uniforms but most logistics people will still be in orange.

It looks like people like this idea so I'll start updating the pages!

fetch.php

Stella Glass, clerk for the Eucharis Empire!

Thanks for the color swap, Wes~

I'm getting undertones from Reddit that the current prisoner uniform is disliked. Of all the uniforms, that's the only one people chose to comment on so far. So I'm thinking of replacing it with something new. If you've got suggestions, let me know.

One idea I had was basically a long T-shirt dress thing (it would look like something you'd wear to sleep in).

Not going to question why the prisoners wear dressing gowns but i think in agreement with reddit, why not just stick with a shirt and trousers? That's my idea anyway, not sure if there is a secret sleepwear theme for the prisoners or if that's just me

Where is this being discussed on Reddit?

My first thought: make it a bodysuit with full sleeves and pants. Include some strips of smart fabric going from the ankles, up the back of the legs, around the chest and down the interior of the arms to around the wrists. In an emergency the suit could constrict, binding the arms and legs behind the back and kinda hogtieing the person for handling.

But then I'm like, "Some prisoner is totally going to cut their suit up and turn it into a machinegun" I don't think there is any clothing that would be safe to give a prisoner, and it might be better to just leave them naked the whole time? Maybe just project a uniform over them.

I'm also thinking you'd want something to help contain the more powerful bodies in the setting. I would think you would want to build a prisoner-handling Mindy armor: One that would wrap itself around a prisoner and limit their ability to interact with the outside world as well as give complete monitoring over the prisoner.

You might also want to go with an ankle bracelet that contains some movement-restricting foam. In an emergency the canister on the ankle bracelet would release its payload. It might not completely envelop a person but it'd add a huge mass of quick-hardening foam to their lower body making it very difficult to move.

The prison uniforms are fine the way they are. As for handling the more powerful bodies, I am surprised they are not just forced ST'd into a cat (can be a talking cat if you want) and their bodies stored deep underwater and set to blow if someone even thinks of stealing them.

I guess it's also an option to just spray prisoners with this fabric spray which will result in custom clothes on them. Probably not great for hairy species, though. Unfortunately I don't have any art of it.

Current Uniform Issues:
  • Considering replacements to the prisoner uniform
  • Kuvexian War service medal (PLEASE SUBMIT A RIBBON DESIGN IF YOU HAVE AN IDEA FOR ONE)
  • Allow thigh-highs as an alterative to tights? (not sure about this)
  • Changing working uniform pants color to Star Army Cadet Blue and top color to Star Army Regal blue to match other uniforms
  • Snow camo/snow gear?
  • Safari uniform?
  • Maternity uniform?
  • Running skirt/skort for Type 40 Exercise Uniform?
  • SAoY martial arts/kendo/archery uniform?
Comments, article writing help, and art contributions appreciated!

YE 40 got the maternity uniform!
fetch.php

I kind of want to start drawing it or having my characters wear it in RP. Will it soon be available to those with ovens and no buns?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back