• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Uniform Updates for the Star Army of Yamatai

I have been trying to be frugal, since I'm trying to save up enough to get surgery I need (unfortunately I don't know if I'll ever save enough).

What's up? If you need, tell me and I'll see what I can do about putting up some money for the commissions, but I need an exact amount.

Re: Star Army Hat

I don't see what these hats have to do with the Star Army at all.

Not to mention hats haven't really been used in the past, except for being reversed and containing dare lottery slips.

Well, we need outerwear, and currently the Star Army has a lack of artwork for it...so I want to determine which type we want to use.

For the sake of diversity, I don't want to have the same headgear as the Nepleslian military.

I'm in favor of the sailor hat, because we can put starship names on it and it has an attractive yet somewhat exotic look. I don't think the Star Army version would have the long "tails" like the Russian one I showed.

I'm in favor of the sailor hat, although I think my vote may be biased due to the cute girl wearing the hat....

Why are most of the examples either Russian girls or old men?

Anyway, None of these hats really fit the kind of feel I get from the SAoY.

Why not choose a more traditionally japanese looking hat for your Japanese catgirl faction? It would make more sense and fit much better than any of these hats will.

Why not look at some old Imperial Japanese military hats, like the ones for the IJN?

Here's a (crude) mockup of the what the Star Army's fleet hat might look like.

Attachments

• naval hat mockup.png
    259 KB · Views: 106

Here's a garrison hat mockup.

Attachments

• navy garrison hat concept.png
    251.3 KB · Views: 101

Fiver said:
To be fair, nepleslia already does use Garrison caps for the navy.
That's true.

With that in mind, I made a concept article for the naval cap.

And the hat would be worn with a coat like this.

Here's an ushanka mockup for Doshii:

Attachments

• navy ushaka mockup.png
    206.5 KB · Views: 87
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…