• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP [USO X Heartbreaker] I'm Still In The Murder Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I apologize for Jason's behaviour," Akemi said with a stiff bow and a hand across his chest. "He is likely simply trying to imply you are a prostitute because he believes the only way he could attain your attentions is by paying. Of course he naturally would doubtlessly be unable to afford your price. Perhaps the two of us should speak privately."

Last edited:
Edtoto looked at Hasewega for a split second before shaking her head. "No... No this most certainly is not. This is actually the people who helped the I'ee, and I am starting to feel a little sick that my kind could not deal with the Parasite, where these deviant morons dealt with the NMX presence in this area of space. I would want to go up nd assist the Taii, but I also would not wish to assume that Valesti requires my help in any way but keeping Sally calm and quiet so that she may talk." Edtoto explained, standing there at looking at the motley crew on the screen.

Then the twin subtly accused the Taii of being a prostitute, which was bad enough, before the other man flat out suggested the Taii was a prostitute. Hasewega would hear a faint, high pitched squeal coming from the alien, before she just sat down. "It must have been luck, or perhaps the presence here was exaggerated by Sally and the other I'ee? I do not see how this could be a Military ship. I do not. Maybe the situation? Being trapped on a 15km radius ship is much harder than fighting a fleet, yes? The Vekimen are not less capable than these idiots, right?" She asked.

"Guys, you remember when Lor got conquered because its representatives were rude?" A voice came from out of frame. The white-haired one manning the comms unit cut in.

"Alex. Take your body double out to the hall and give him a slapping, medium style." Arccos said, making it sound like an order, when in reality she was projecting an image into his mindware saying he shouldn't actually bother. "Akemi, you've been adamant that you've worked in accordance with the boss rather than working for her. You're in no place to represent her interests, unless you suddenly work for her. Technically I'm the senior representative of the org here in her absence, assuming you want to bring in the chain of command... Keeping in mind my chain of command is a chain I beat you with when you cause trouble."

Then a disembodied hand stuck into the feed from out of frame. Pointing directly to the Taii.

"As for you, we have no business with Yamatai and both of our parties are here at the pleasure of the I'ee in accordance with your Rights of Early Contact. We have no obligation to talk with you, and we have work to do refitting the I'ee fleet into one which can fight errant Misshu on their own."

In lieu of stepping into frame and actually facing the one contacting them; Arccos took up a pen from the comms station and dotted on two eyes to the side of her hand. Moving it into frame and holding up a sideways fist, flapping her thumb up and down to simulate a face talking.

"No conversation will result in constructive discussion due to bad blood garnered by your empire, personal proclivities of salacious landowners, or naivete of the sheltered, depending on who in this room you're talking with. If this is just going to just result in empty anger I'd like to ask the I'ee ambassadors to mediate until such a time as our employer arrives. Would the Ee'ith kindly explain the matter at hand, give a few hugs to soothe bruised egos, and if necessary to stop more violence in this system: Exercise their right to request that warships in this territory not in the employ of the I'ee families leave their sovereign territory."

Akemi took a pen and dotted two eyes onto his hand as well as two triangles for ears, a dot for a nose and some lines for whiskers. "Conversation with my liege his majesty Koga Akemi will most certainly be constructive." As the Neko spoke he moved his hand accordingly.

YSS Heartbreaker - Bridge

Sally and Yui's joyous reunion with Sammy, as enthusiastic as it was, was soon eclipsed by the multi-layered and skillful agitation tactics being employed by the USO crew. The I'ee on both sides had fallen silent, their masks displaying emotionless poker faces as they listened to the exchange. "...I'm confused, Arccos," Sammy finally stated, stepping into frame to examine her 'talking' fist with his antennae. On the Heartbreaker, Sally's baffled silence was replaced with glee. "Oh! Let me show Edtoto to you! I will go and get her!" the ambassador blurted, unaware that Edtoto was already tuned in, and dashed from the bridge with Yui in tow. Sammy, excited at seeing the representative of the Vekimen, began chattering and dancing to and fro across the feed.
"This is ridiculous," the voice of Gut-Stripe snorted from somewhere out of view. "Where is Uso?"

Wardroom

A few minutes after she had left the bridge, Sally came scampering into the room with Hasewega and Edtoto, cuddling up against the latter with a squeak. Yui tottered in after a short delay, watching quietly from the door. "Edtoto! Edtoto!" Sally squeaked. "Come and meet my friend, Sammy! He was there when we found you! Will you come up to the bridge with me so he can see you?"

Heartbreaker, Bridge

Tsukisaki maintained control, eyes narrowing as the boy's clone glared at her. She seemed to be doing her best to tune out some of the more disparaging comments, choosing which words to acknowledge and respond to. "If this were Yamataian space, I would indeed be bound by orders to detain for questioning any confederates of one 'Tasuki Uso' if they were suspected of or observed committing any type of criminal activity." Her tone of voice certainly made it clear that she found his attitude nearly criminal by itself. "However, this is the sovereign territory of the I'ee, and the Mishhuvurthyar are a threat that transcends any organization or empire." She seemed to be recovering from their embarrassing start, sitting up straighter in her seat as she prepared herself for a proper speech about the threat of the NMX, something they could all mostly agree on.

She was not expecting a man with a distinctly Yamataian name to enter the picture, identifying himself as a former Star Army soldier. A glance at Rin was all that was needed, as the First Officer turned to her console and began searching through files. The Captain kept her mouth shut and her jaw firmly set as the strange crew began arguing amongst themselves. Once Akemi began attempting to negotiate prices, Tsukisaki finally spoke up, armed with new data. "Itto Heisho Koga Akemi...less than honorably discharged...registered as CEO, CFO..." Her eyes flickered as she glanced down at her console, obviously skipping several more titles. "...and reportedly 'King' of...Akemi's." She snorted, as their records confirmed the type of establishment that was. "Wanted for questioning related to the controversial harvesting and sale of...Lorath eggs, Kodian paws and Gartagan..." Her eyes widened slightly, before she moved on. "...also sought for questioning in regards to the disappearances of three daughters, one son, and several award winning poodles belonging to a list of executives...all of whom were later featured in a series of videos offered for sale within your establishment...currently suspected of attempted corruption and solicitation of several Star Army crew members..."

The Captain was obviously prepared to continue reading from the rap sheet, when a hand moved in close to the camera, dominating the view. She raised one eyebrow as the hand was given crude features...and joined by another. She obviously had no idea how to respond to this, sitting as still and silent as a stone. The Taii did not even notice Sally and Yui scampering off of the Bridge. Or Usagi covering her mouth with both hands to contain her giggles. It was difficult to notice across the video connection, but a trail of Yamataigo characters seemed to be appearing on her left hand and crawling up under her uniform, briefly visible upon her neck, then appearing again on her right arm before vanishing as the projected words touch the hilt of her sword.

Last edited:
Queen's Slave - Bridge

The only sign of Corgan was hysterical laughter from off-screen somewhere. He didn't want to be involved with talking to the Star Army, and he didn't want to be forced into the role of Ambassador again. So he sat in a chair just out of view playing some game on his DataJockey, looking up every so often to see what was happening.

Alex pinched the bridge of his nose for a moment. Whoever was calling the Queen's Slave clearly wasn't there to banter.

Alex's patience could only have lasted for so long, and it had just run out.

Alex spoke over everyone else.
"Listen up! The captain..." at this Alex glanced toward the screen and spoke briefly, "I'm sorry, I don't think I got your name." Before looking back at the crowd on the bridge and continuing. "Seems to want to speak to someone responsible and polite. Since everyone else is either being a downright ass, or just acting silly, I'll have to do for the time being. So either shut your mouths or go and giggle somewhere else."

SHS Jessitha

Queenie's effort to remain smiling throughout what could generously be called the discussion with USO could have been mythologized. Wavering from time to time, she sat back after Arccos began speaking, looked up, and received a glass of clear liquid from a small, silver flying drone that hovered quietly into view. She picked up the glass and drained half of it, before setting it back on the drone, which flew off again. When Alex spoke up again, she inclined her head slightly, with no change of expression.

"His Majesty is a hundred percent serious you filthy, flea bitten lout!" Akemi said in a silly high pitch voice while operating his puppet.

"As my dear and loyal subject said I am serious. I must also say what I am not. I certainly am not a criminal. I never abducted anyone or anything and I never illegally harvested meat. It's certainly hard not to become an abductor when I encounter such wonderful women though. Had I a dungeon and you as my captive I'd never let you out of it. At the same time l bet you'd find my ministrations anything but torturous. You are a vision and a dream. I'd love to have you as a guest at my establishment. You could bring your whole crew. It'd be an honour to have you."

Edtoto looked down to see Sally chittering at her happily, before sighing. "I assume there is no reasoning for me to not go, if I am being requested," Edtoto sighed, letting the little wasp lead her up to the bridge. She could feel, ad see the tension on the bridge immediately, hearing the muffled laughter of the two neko at the control panels. She looked at the screen as she walked into view. Then she turned to Taii Valesti. "I hope you do not mind that I have entered the bridge. Ambassador Sally requested I come up" She explained, turning back to the screen. "Who is Sammy? I see two I'ee on the bridge." The alien asked, tilting her head to the side.

Alex sighed and took Akemi by the ear, tugging on it hard before letting go and pointing toward the hallway, hoping that the hint was taken.

"I'm so sorry you have to watch this." He said to the other ships crew and captain.

Last edited:
"You say it's silly, but I'm doing this because I don't want them to have my face and full name: Not that it would do them any good. Note, how this one over here is already searching Akemi's history?" Arccos indicated with a finger puppet off the side to roughly where the Yamataian bridge bunny was reading a rap sheet. Keeping her hand puppet mimicing speech.

"Same time, there's literally nothing wrong with humor. You can hear some of these nice ladies on the bridge sort of get in to it." Arccos said, straining her hearing, amplifying the audio feed in her own head to try and pick up as much info as possible. "We're not ignoring you by the way, bridge staff. This is unpleasant but I do hope you're having a wonderful day despite all this. We're in a lovely part of the galaxy with charming insect hosts, wouldn't you say? It's rather sad that they've had to see us air our dirty laundry."

"Sammy's always been a sweetheart, and his sisters seem to do their people credit."

"oooohhh~ These things are unlovely and you shouldn't be doing them!" A strange, sleepy upbeat voice emanated from over Alex's shoulder. Lithe, long-nailed hands grasped around the back of his chest carefully, playful, through also making a certain sinister edge apparent by the toying of their sharp edges alone. "Mister Akemi-Sama is a very special person. Sometimes people don't understand him, but it is true!"

They had pink hair. About four and half foot tall, and bearing a golden sword in a sling. Also dressed like some kind of FUBAR children's TV presenter. Also late to the party, and still carrying a pillow? Who the hell were they?

Things were getting weirder and weirder. It was more than Alex could handle, this was someone else's problem now.

After extricating himself from the arms of the small neko, Alex shook his head and walked out of the bridge, and a few moments later an unarmed craft took off into the void and began to do elaborate aerobatics, most of which a normal person would have difficulty with, but the craft handled them with ease.

Alex sent a message to both ships. "I can't deal with this right now. I'll be back in a little bit."

Last edited:
Corgan looked up just in time to see Alex holding Akemi's ear. He raised an eyebrow. Alex seemed to be growing a spine lately. It looked like the kid was really trying. After ruining Alex's day the first time they met, the least he could do was help out. But how? Maybe he could try to assume the role of Ambassador again. He really didn't want to do that. It looked like the situation was getting out of hand, though, and the Yamataian ship could probably easily justify destroying the Queen's Slave.

With a sigh, the half ID-SOL stood up and stepped into view. "Captain, I'm Corgan Garret. I work for the Ragnarok PMC. I'm sorry, we seem to be having some.. differences of opinion. Can we have some time to reach a consensus or get Uso in here? Give us an hour to figure something out." He said, trying to come across as professional as possible.

With the thud of PA boots, Cyrus Marshal and Raphael Castiel entered the room. Cyrus took of this helmet and scanned the room, taking in the literal cluster f*** that was going on. He nodded to Raphael, who also took off his helmet and walked into frame. "Thank you Colonel Garret, we will take it from here." Cyrus said formally. He turned to the screen and bowed his head slightly in greeting. "Captian, I am Cyrus Marshal. The CEO and Director of all Ragnarok Forces. We are currently employed by Uso and are acting as her army. So please think of me as a General so to speak." He said as the tall Elysian stepped up next.

"And I am Raphael Castiel, Director of U.S.O's Intelligence division. It is a pleasure to meet you captain." He said, bowing deeply.

"We are sorry for our delay, we needed to supervise some salvage operations. We are also sorry that we could not greet you properly..." Cyrus added, looking back with a glare for the stink that the others had caused.

"Now let us get down to business Captain, how may we help you." Raphael added, eyes fixed on Tsukisaki's.

YSS Heartbreaker - Wardroom

"Yay! Sammy will be so happy to see you!" Sally squeaked with delight, taking Edtoto's hand and half-leading, half-dragging her from the room with Yui bringing up the rear.

Bridge

Sammy looked confused once more by the growing tension, fueled by the overcrowded Queen's Slave end of the 'conversation'. He, and secretly Gut-Stripe as well, was glad to see Cyrus and Raphael appear; not knowing them too well, but aware of their authority and control. He remained quiet as they spoke to the Taii aboard the Heartbreaker, though this was broken when Sally and Yui returned with Edtoto.

"Look, Sammy, look!" Sally squeaked, bouncing up and down, arm in arm with her Vekimen friend. "This is my friend, Edtoto! She is a Vekimen!" Sammy similarly began hopping with excitement, answering Edtoto's question as to which I'ee he was. "Ooh! She's so pretty! Hello, Edtoto! I am Sammy! I'm Sally's brother!" he introduced himself in the customary fashion of the Ee'ith family.

Edtoto stared at the screen with all the people on it, then to the one who introduced himself as Sammy. Part of realized asking who Sammy was, was a really, really stupid question when she took into account they type of person Sally was. At being called pretty, she brought a hand up to her muzzle, looking to the side a little. "Flattery, I am sure there are those much more deserving of it on this bridge Sammy. Thank you, regardless" She added, before looking too the rest of the crew. It seemed she had just walked in to introductions of new people.

She bowed in turn, tracing a finger along the horn that had three gold bands wrapped around it. "Greeting, Colonel Corgan Garret, General Cyrus Marshal, and Director Raphael Castiel. I am Edtoto Zukan Sivaro" She said, strangely, flipping her rank to between her names and leaving out the Nar of her family name. There was little time for her to demonstrate such a subtle change but it would be noticeable. Thank the black... at least these ones seem capable. Obviously the backbone of their organization, the former group just being filthy casuals who thought they were doing work, the alien thought to herself.

"I cannot speak for the Taii, but it pleases me to see competent characters emerge from your ship that seem to have a position of authority. I was personally worried there for a moment" She smiled, her teeth flashing as she examined the people. She seemed particularly interested in Castiel, tilting her head. "You are an Elysian, yes? I have heard of your kind, but I didn't not think your wings were quite so massive" The alien explained, her head twisting to the other direction.

Hasewega shrugged and followed Edtoto as the little I'ee ambassdor dragged her away. Making sure that the two ambassadors on the ship were safe seemed much more imperative and useful than watching the vaudeville act that was happening on the other ship. The minkan tried to keep a good distance from the pair as to interrupt them bu treamined somewhat close to Edtoto.

As she followed the duo into the bridge, Hasewega mainly tried to stay near the back and out of the focus of the main screen but with enough to keep an eye on the ambassadors. So far, a handful of new people were the screen and they seemed to be a lot more qualified than the rabble before. Still, they were for the most renegades to her but at least they didn't make it seem like they needed to be put down. Though, Edtoto's new lack "Nar" and introduction of "Zukan" did a raise a brow of hers, she'd decided to wait to till after the talks were over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back