• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: NovaCorp/Horizon City Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.
"That would be a rather strange thing for it to do. But then we'd have to discuss the nature of destiny, and if its not my sister ship, I know little about that. A form of predestination, but if we are predestined but can't know about the destiny we are predestined to, there is no reason to say anything has any effect due to it being our destiny ..." Kip faltered, "I'm not sure if I'm making any sense here."

"... unless it is part of our destiny to know what it is we are destined for, or to simply know that we have a destiny and a vuage outline of it in which either case part of our destiny would be to be unable to alter how our destiny would play out reguardless of our struggles against where we are going much like swimming against a current in a river... and sorry about your sister but I'm not into big girls," Harm said with a grin.

"A little to big for her own good actually, given what happaned to her. And if you don't mind me I'm going to stop this destiny conversation, I don't believe in predestination, I don't like to think about it. Getting the 'computers' version of a headache isn't my idea of a good time." Kip grinned.

"Then what is your idea of a good time?" Harm asked, "At least besides the array of pranks you play."

"A good time, is a time where I can learn something, whether it is simple data, or about human interaction, or anything really. Alternatively it can be spending time with someone I like. This, for example, is a good time." Kip said.

"Aww, how sweet of you," harm responded, leaning back slightly to rest her slightly covered body on her arms. "I hope you like Ephesus as well, you seem to spend a lot of time with him."

"Yes, I both like and get on with Ephesus. He's one of the few people I can have really a good conversation, since in some ways he thinks on my level. He's a true friend, on my end at least. And I do spend a lot of time talking to him, but not as much as I used to. He may be designing me a new ship to be in, which is good news." Kip looked starry eyed, literally as his eyes where filled with spots of light.

"Not exactly. I existed before Ephesus joined NovaCorp, but I was ... very different. Ephesus helped bring me out of my shell, develop my personality, increase by abilities etc. So, he aided my second birth, but not my creation. I don't know who actually created me." Kip looked wistful.

"It is probably best that way, big design facilites tend to attract weirdos and excentrics. You might just end up learning something you wish you hadden't." Harm said

"I know, the idea of being made by a nerd," Kip shuddered, and just for a second gave himself crazy hair, bad posture and acne, before reverting back to his original form, "Anyway, do you feel like doing something besides sitting around and talking? As charming as it is, I doubt we can continue for much longer without an injection of external stimuli."

"Sounds like a plan, what did you have in mind?" Harm asked, wincing slightly at the overly nerdy portrayal of a nerd. "And being made by a nerd isn't so bad, it is the thought of being made by an uncaring nerd. After all, no news is good news,"

"Oh I don't know. Are you hungry? If so a bit of find cuisine, either hand-made by myself, or at a restraunt, or if you aren't hungry, music, film etc. The resources of a fair amount of the Horizon is at your disposal." Kip said groundly with a bow.

"Point taken." Kip covered his eyes with his hands, and took them away again, revealing that they had vanished, leaving not empty eye sockets, but no longer any indent at all, "I promise I can't see a thing." And then he turned his back. Just to be sure.

"That very much depends on what you want. Do you want restraunt food, or food of my own creation? That sort of steers it. If restraunt, Emrys is still the best on on board, if own cooking there are one or two private cooking areas, with eating areas attached we can go too. As for clothing, well whatever makes you comfortable, and possibly just a tad formal if we're going to the restraunt. Anything at all otherwise." Kip answered, back still turned, "And I have no sensors in this room remember?"

"Oh, there's a little place I've had kitted out. Part of a diplomatic suite, for trying to impress the extremely paranoid or those who don't want to eat in a crowd like a restraunt. It's not far by module." Kip said "And your hunch is wrong, for the most part, I have a few very vague sensors, which can trace position, but little else."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back