Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP Welcome to the Mining Guild!

Charaa

Staff Member
🎨 Media Gallery
RP Date
ye 46.4
RP Location
Mining Guild Headquarters, Draco Eridanus.
Draco Eridanus

DractoTown

In the bustling streets of DracoTown, the capital of Draco Eridanus, life continues on, for its citizens as the residents converge on the mega-city nestles with in the Upper level of Station Omacron, within a massive carved asteroid. Filling the streets with rivers of people of all shapes, colors, and sizes from the slender cat-eared furry Cat Anthro to the Fox Anthros who chose to remain after being created as clones, or ex Neshaten. As well as robots and unrecognizable random aliens from near and far.

Workers, tourists, visitors, diplomats, people watchers and more mingled together in the city. But somewhere beneath the towering levels, below the view screen neat the central town area, is the Headquarters of the Mining Guild.

Its wall were covered in ornate inlaid Marble stone patterns, and within the ornate, marble stone inlain with gold the Lobby of the Mining Guild Branch Headquarters in the Draco Eridanus System. It is a welcoming place. Residents, Miners, Engineers, Security and other staff converge here to join or talk to the Mining Guild.

fetch.php

Which is where you come in, who are you? a prospective Mining Guild Initiate, a former military officer wanting to do some security work, a Engineer, wanting to work? well who ever you are, as you enter the Mining Guild Headquarters Lobby. You’ll suddenly see bright light appear before you, and then in its place stands a stout, anthropomorphic character, approximately 3 feet tall, with a robust build. He wears a miner's outfit. His face is be bearded and weathered, reflecting years of hard work in the mines. He carries a small burlap sack filled with shiny gemstones over his shoulder. “Well, Howdy, I don’t think I have seen you around here before have i? my names Rocko, I’m a prospector, for the sake of my memory who are ya?” The short bearded man asked with a friendly welcoming smile.

OOC Notes
Open RP that was long ago announced.
A quiet woman slipped amongst those gathered. Her pale skin almost made her blend in against the background of marble that ran through the Mining Guild Head Quarters. A pair of contacts she had put in beforehand had protected her sensitive red eyes from the bright lighting that seemed to pervade throughout the entire environment, for which she was grateful. She was not quite sure what she was here for, yet. What she did know was that whatever had possessed her to wear a suit a suit that matcher her obsidian locks in color would have to be dealt with, because it certainly was not a wild night and chacelle at fault for this. Her slender ears twitched as she heard someone introduce themselves as Rocko. After a few rapid blinks she spoke, "Oh. Uh. I am Othari. I do not believe we have met." she said with a warm smile.

1728676905370.webp

Rocko nodded in acknowledgment as Othari introduced herself. "Well, a pleasure to meet you, Othari. Welcome to the Mining Guild Headquarters, and of course the Mining Guild itself. Are you here to join our ranks, seeking employment, or perhaps you're here out of curiosity?" he inquired, as he smiled at her, hoping his furry appearance didn’t trouble her.

Othari folded her arms across her chest in a pondering manner, one finger tapping her chin while she looked around. "Hmm," she thought for a moment. "You know Rocko, I came out of sheer curiosity. Though I am open to what possibilities lie ahead." She relaxed her arms, sweeping a strand of black hair behind her pointed ear. Othari had immediately felt comfortable around the Mining Guild prospector, he reminded her of her fuzzy teddy bear at home. "Would you mind telling me a bit about the Mining Guild? That might help me sort out my curiosity!" she said with a tinge of intrigued excitement.

Rocko's eyes lit up at Othari's interest in learning more about the Mining Guild. "Absolutely, Othari! The Mining Guild is an organization dedicated to the extraction and processing of valuable resources from asteroids, planets, and other celestial bodies across the galaxy. We have a history of providing employment opportunities for miners, engineers, security personnel, and various other roles within the mining industry, and in particular the Mining Guild," he explained enthusiastically.

"We pride ourselves on our commitment to safety, efficiency, and environmental sustainability in all our operations. Our members have access to state-of-the-art equipment and training programs to ensure they can carry out their tasks effectively and safely," Rocko continued, his passion for the guild evident in his words.

"If you're intrigued by the idea of exploring new frontiers, uncovering precious resources, and being part of a close-knit community, then the Mining Guild might just be the perfect place for you to discover new adventures and opportunities," Rocko concluded, giving Othari a warm smile.

As Rocko finished speaking, he lead her towards the reception desk, Othari would notice he flickered a little as he went. “Hey there, my new friend here needs a visitors pass, think you can get them one?” She asked one of the ladies, in the reception area of the Mining Guild headquarters.

The lady at the reception desk glanced up from her terminal, offering a polite smile. "Of course," she replied, her fingers already moving across the keyboard. She glanced at Othari, then back at Rocko, noticing his slight flicker.

"Alright, just need a few details," she continued, directing her attention to Othari. "Name, affiliation, and reason for the visit?"
"Her name's Othari, and she's curious about the Mining Guild, dont worry, i'll be her guide!" Rocko said with a friendly smile.
The receptionist nodded, quickly typing in the details. “Curious about the Mining Guild, huh?” She glanced up at Othari with a welcoming expression. “Well, you’ve got a good guide in Rocko here, though—” she paused for a moment, eyes flicking to Rocko’s still flickering form, “—let’s just say things are never dull when he’s around.”

She reached under the desk, pulling out a visitor’s badge and scanning it against the terminal. A soft chime confirmed the pass was ready. “Here you go, Othari,” she said, handing over the badge. “This will give you access to the common areas and some of the observation decks. Rocko will be responsible for showing you the rest.”

As she handed the pass over, she leaned slightly toward Othari and added in a low tone, “Just a heads-up, Rocko’s flickering usually means he’s up to something fun—or risky. So keep an eye out!” She winked before returning to her work.
Rocko laughed, rubbing the back of his neck. "No risk today, I promise. Just giving Othari the grand tour!"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back