• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC [Yamatai] Orochi Squadron - Classic SARP Spacey Action!

With every post we move closer to the next pun apocalypse.

*Laughs evilly against a backdrop of a lightning storm.*

Edit: I might be waiting until after the JP to post since at the moment the most I can think of is a dutiful, "Hai Heisho!"

Which unfortunately doesn't lend to an interesting post to read.

Last edited:
Hmm, it does doesn't it...

Just warning that post may be a bit delayed. Stuck at work doing a double shift today due to blizzard...

@paladinrpg, it seems my OCD has finally gotten the better of me. Petitioning to change "Orochi Fighter Flight" into "Oscar Fighter Squadron", for better accuracy on unit size and subbing military alphabet "O" in place of "Orochi". Just a random tweak to clear thing up a little, especially if we're going to go on multiple missions.

Last edited:
I need some clarifying. Who is in squad 1 and 2? My previous SP stated that the fighter pilots were in squad 1, whose objective was to protect squad 2, the Mindys, who were going to board the NMX ships.

Whoops, maybe I need to clarify my organization a little for everyone:

The Power Armored Infantry of each ship are Wings of 100 ea. (so you are part of Orochi Wing)
These are further broken down into 10 squads, which are roughly 10 Mindy-equipped Infantry each. Our heroes (that's you :D) are currently a part of 2nd squad, led by Kuroksora Kim, your Heisho.
When the call goes out to proceed to the catapults, they will launch you guys in waves of about 20 Mindy each (which is 2 squads at a time for 5 waves total). So you guys load up right behind the 1st squad (full of NPC Neko), and are deployed together as wave 1.

The fighter squadron is in Hyabusa V6D starfighters, and are not grouped like the infantry. They will be launching roughly all at once from the deck and covering you guys. Raku Kishi is their Heisho, aka Oscar Lead.

Note, this is applicable across all 7 other NPC ships too, which are performing the exact same thing simultaneously.

Sorry for any delays but replacement car shopping and birthday stuff taking up my time this weekend. I should have more NPC posts from Kim et al. by tomorrow night.

@Edto Xar'Sivaree Was talking about controlling a ship captain and NPC crew. Would you have any interest in him making appearances in your RP as support or would you rather stick to just normal characters?

Well this is Open RP, so I'd like to think I strive to accomodate lots of play styles, at least in this main scenario of large scale fleet engagement.

@Edto Xar'Sivaree Are you saying you want to control one of the Orochi Squadron Irim's?

My strong suit with Space Combat is controlling a Warship. I'm used to running a ships worth of NPC's and the like but I can act as a Mercenary if that would make any sense at all.

This situation kinda reminds me of the vanguard booster missions in AC4A... :eek:

Are we just supposed to have another post of mentally/physically preparing, or should we go straight to RPing the launch, anyhow?

You can RP out the launch now if you like, I was planning to make another post of exactly that happening anyhow, but I delayed just to give Jace or anyone else a second to catch up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back