• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP [Yamatai] Star Army Recruiting Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recruiting Center Office

Datenshi had jumped a little when she was called, having been just about ready to leave, but her number was called. Taking a purging breath she stood and followed the man to the back, only to be led in to sit in front of the woman. She heard her service record read out before her, both her Star Army and United Outer Colonies, her spine straightening a little as she took pride in her skills and time served. Then the damning question came and her spine lost a little of the straightness.

"I...I don't know. I just need to do something that will give me a purpose again, something to make me proud. I left before because my family left. I served with them the longest...The woman I guess I liked was leaving, the one I counted as my sister left too. I just realized I woulda felt empty without them. Now they are all gone, and I've been boozing and..."

Tenshi looked up from under her eyebrows at the woman before her, thinking better on finishing that sentence. It wouldn't be tough to find out that 'Tenshi had been aboard the Fruna Ruica for some time lately.

"I need something to give my life purpose again, to give it a reason outside of waking up to drink and talk to people. I loved my time serving and it was stupid to leave I know. But I want to come back, and I will make the army proud again. I served with only one incident, but otherwise I've been nothing but good within the service. I served aboard a few high profile ships, cross trained in multiple fields, I figured I could...would come back, and put that to use again..."

It was a meek voice that finished her sentence for herself.

"I just want to feel useful again..."

Recruiting Center Office

Nito Heisho Kaneshiro nodded. "I see. I have some more questions, and I hope you do not mind me rattling them off in rapid fire: What have you been doing until you decided to come here? Where are you currently living? What is your relationship with the Lorath? Have you learned to speak their language? How would you describe your current mental state? What are your political views?"

Recruiting Center Office.

Datenshi simply shook her head at the woman before she listened to the questions. She took a breath before she set about answering them, borrowing a semi-blank look from a old crew member of hers.

"I was Second-In-Command of the ship "Fruna Ruica", a pleasure cruise ship. I am currently living with a old friend from boot camp in Kyoto. I dated a Lorath Fyunnen for a while, was aboard the YSS Sakura for a while, and have had relations with quiet a few of them. I can speak Lorath fluently. My current mental state? In need of something to take my mind off some peoples death... I'm sure you can see I have had to see a psychologist in the past. My political views? What do they matter if I'm a soldier? My job is to do as order, nothing more really. Honestly never had a political view."

Recruiting Center Office

Kaneshiro clasped her hands together. "Did you have a particular occupation in mind? What areas are you skilled in? What would you consider your greatest weakness? Are you looking for a planet-based position or something on a starship?"

Recruiting station office

Datenshi thought on it for a moment before speaking up.

"I was originally a combat arms aboard the Yugumo then Sakura. I was also an armorer, technician, engineer, and then power armor pilot aboard the Sakura, and Asamoya, then simply an armorer and power armor pilot aboard the Akaramu. I'd prefer armorer or power armor pilot, so absolutely ship based. Never really feel comfortable planet side..."

The she thought over the her greatest weakness and immediately a memory from the Akaramu popped to mind.

"Frustration. I get frustrated Fairly easily from time to time. And I drink a little much when I'm off duty... but otherwise that's it."

Outside Recruiting station

She had watched the news, seeing the riots and protests and waited. She had traveled from outside of Kyoto, making sure her siblings were well accounted for and taken care of while she was out.

She stood outside the doors of the station, eyeing the interior with violet eyes flecked with red, scanning the walls as if she could see inside. Making up her mind, Rikun walked through the doors and registered to be seen by a recruiter taking number fourty-two, ruffling her pixie cut hair a little as she took a seat, sitting back to relax a little.

Recruiting Center Office

Kaneshiro lowered her voice and leaned forward. "To be honest...normally I woud not take someone like you. I feel like you have too many issues and too much baggage. But, luckily for you, the Star Army is very much in need of NCOs. Therefore, against my better judgement, I am going to let you in. Do not let me down." Leaning back again, Kaneshiro looked at a form on her datapad and wirelessly filled in the fields. "You will start at the rank of Nitô Heisho as an infantry NCO after you attend 1 month of leadership development training at Fort Hankou, Ronica. After than you'll be sent to a fleet ship, probably Tenth Fleet due to your experience with the Lorath. How does that sound?"

Waiting Room

A loud "sppppfpffffffffpphpt!" noise squealed the room as a one-ton Kodian leaned over slightly and then busted ass, followed by a second one with a much deeper, rumbling bass version. The bearlike alien continued to read a tablet held in his massive claws as if nothing had happened.

Waiting Room (a.k.a.: the place where a Kodian just passed gas)

A nearby yamataian youth managed to gasp out a strangled "...what... the hell... did you eat?!" before his eyes rolled up and he collapsed to the floor, overcome by the stench.

Recruiting Center Office

Datenshi couldn't help it, a grin worked over her face quickly enough as she stood and bowed at the waist.

"Thank you ma'am, I appreciate it and I promise I won't dissapoint. I'll get my things together and find some transport."

It was a technicality, but the best kind of technicality as it landed Datenshi back into the army. Sticking around to see what other paperwork she needed to fill out, Datenshi made sure everything was good before standing and bowing again before taking her leave. She stepped out of the office right in time to get thumped onto her ass with a yelp.

Waiting Room

Rikun turned, wide eyed and horror struck as she heard the Kodian bust ass. Blinkning a few times she turned away, her body heaving a little as she took in a breath cut short to late. After a few moments of looking like a cat trying to hack up a hairball she blinked slightly and turned her head, thinking herself under control before she spoke up with one simple word.

"Nope..."

And she was off, running full speed trying to make it to the bathroom. Rounding the corner she felt her before she saw her, slamming right into another woman, tangled up in a long red ponytail. Looking up she peered into the eyes of Datenshi, wide eyed as she fought to keep from retching on her. Scrambling to get up she pushed off Datenshi and eventually fought her way into the bathroom and into a stall where she promptly omitted the ham cheese and turkey sand which she had eaten not a hour before.

A bewildered Datenshi, not recognizing the girl, shrugged and stood before making her way out of the recruiting center and headed home to gather her things.

Rikun eventually made it back out to the room, covering her nose as she eyed the Kodian warily. She had freshened up in the bathroom, making sure she looked presentable and her breath smelled fine before she took her seat, hoping her number hadn't been called yet.

Inside the Recruiting Station

A few more people were called, and then it was Rikun's turn. "This way please," Nitô Heisho Guerrero directed, leading her to the side hallway with the small offices along it. He brought her to one of Nito Heisho Alfhildr Kaneshiro.

"I am Nito Heisho Alfhildr Kaneshiro I will be conducting your intake interview." Kaneshiro took a moment to bring up Rikun's records. "Your mother designed the uniforms of the UOCPF and is in the Nepleslian military," she noted flatly. "And your father is a disgraced former palace guard. At least you were born on a Star Army ship, the YSS Asamoya. I do not mean to insult you by asking, and I know you are not responsible for your parents, but what are you doing here?"

Rikun blinked, looking at the woman dumbly for a moment.

"My...My mother is uh...dead..." She said to the recruiter, shaking her head for a moment before she rubbed her nose.

"That aside, I want to join the army so I can provide for my siblings, and earn a living. I don't know how much longer my current company will stay afloat, and that said, I'd like to follow my mothers footsteps. Even though she left, she still served with distinction..." Rikun replied, watching the recruiter now.

"I've never done anything wrong to the military, to the empire. If it's ok, I'd like to join, maybe wipe away some of the foul taste they both left?"

Recruiting Center Office

Kaneshiro nodded. "Very noble. And I am sure that if you do your best, you will certainly bring honor to yourself and perhaps even the Shichou name. What are your skill areas? Did you have an occupation in mind?"

Rikun smiled a little and nodded.

"I was a armorer and power armor pilot for the bit of time I was in the Lorath Self Defense Forces, so I've got training there. Either that, or maybe combat arms." Rikun replied with a shrug.

Recruiting Center Office

"Why did you leave the LSDF? Would you be willing to return there as Yamatai's undercover intelligence agent to help us know more about them and their intentions?" Kaneshiro asked, pointing to the SAINT patch on her arm. "And how do I know you're not joining to spy on us for the LSDF?"

"I left because what happened to my sister left a sour taste in my mouth from them..." Rikun replied as she thought it over. She hadn't burned bridges with her departure, she had just decided to leave when asked if she wanted another tour. She looked at the SAINT patch, thinking about what all she could do within the organization before she nodded.

"If I would be accepted, yea, I'll take that. I've got contacts within the LSDF, I think I can manage my way into the LSDF again." Then she heard the question about loyalty.

"Because if I were, a armorer is hardly a position to spy from. Most of the time down in the armor bays, staring at armor or getting thrown out to the battlefield doesn't make for a very good spy. Not to mention with how bottled up they are, I think the Lorath are a little more concerned for their own well being then spying..."

Recruiting Center Office

"I will give you the choice of armorer, SAINT field agent, or infantry," Kaneshiro told Rikun. "After training, we will probably send you to somewhere where you language and knowledge can be best put to use, particularly in the former UOC.

Recruiting Center Office

Rikun thought it over, trying to figure out exactly what she wanted to do. Eventually, she made up her mind, shaking her head a little.

"I'll go with being a armourer... I tend to draw to much attention to be a spy, sorry." She shrugged a little, thinking on heading back into UOC space.

"Any idea of what ship I'll end up on out there? If I even end up on a ship at all..."

Recruiting Center Office

"No, but you will be able to request orders to ones you are interested in," Kaneshiro explained. "If you are ready, you can sign your contract and I can administer the oath of enlistment here."

A volumetric display appeared, showing the following:
I, [Recruit's Name], have truthfully, honorably, and voluntarily enlisted myself as a soldier in the Star Army of Yamatai for the next three years. I vow to protect the peoples of Yamatai, to follow the orders of the Empress and the officers appointed over me, to live by the Star Army Creed, to obey Star Army rules and regulations, and to destroy the enemies of Yamatai.

Recruiting Center Office

Rikun read over the display, making sure she understood before nodding and signing the contract placed before her. After another quick once over, she handed the display back to the officer, waiting to take her oath.

Recruiting Center Office

Kaneshiro stood up from her desk, smoothed her dress, and walked over to Rikun. Raising her right hand, she said "Repeat after me: I, Shichou Rikun, have truthfully, honorably, and voluntarily enlisted myself as a soldier in the Star Army of Yamatai for the next three years." Kaneshiro paused to let Rikun repeated it before continuing. "I vow to protect the peoples of Yamatai, to follow the orders of the Empress and the officers appointed over me, to live by the Star Army Creed, to obey Star Army rules and regulations, and to destroy the enemies of Yamatai."

After it was done, she would a handshake to Rikun and say "Congratulations."

Outside Recruiting Center

Standing by one of the buildings various columns as a young eleven year old girl whose clothing made it obvious that she was a school child; the young girl glanced over at the soldiers and citizens who were entering and exiting the recruiting center, to which she craned her head upward to look at the large sign above it for a brief moment before glancing down back toward the various people in the street and those around. She'd listened to the protest and couldn't help but shake her head, her brother was out there somewhere fighting and protecting these very same people, it often made her wonder if these people were even grateful for the blood shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back