• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC YSS Celia OOC Thread

What should be the ship motto of the YSS Celia?

• Peace through Strength

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celia Never Rests

• Through the Stars, and into the Future

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Geshrin -> Yamataian and Neko -> Yamataian transfers are very common, yes. Nekos transferring into Yamataian bodies were even given the option of keeping their cat ears.

Yamataian -> Neko and Geshrin -> Neko is very rare. There has been a few recorded instances of it in RP history. Most cases were front-line situations were someone urgently needed to be brought back for their skills, and the original body was lost. Making a customized Yamataian body would take longer and more resources, but churning out another Neko shell was a quick, easy, and optimized task for any large Yamataian warship's hemo-synthetic system.

The rest were cruel pranks, mostly involving dead male crewmen who needed to be brought back to the land of the living. "Congrats! You're alive! And we gave you BOOBS! HUR HUR HUR" :mrgreen:

I believe Renko's question should be taken in the context that Isuzu's a Neko. An eight-year-old Neko has earned the right to retire into civilian life, and should no longer be considered a juvenile. Yui and those in her age group, being almost 30 years old, are matriarchs in Nekovalkyrja society.

PS: No IC posts today. Sorry. :p

Ah, before the question was actually whether or not Isuzu was originally a Neko, but it looks like Aaron fixed it before you got on, so it's all good ^_^.

If it helps: Yukari was an NH-17 for a long time, then transferred to a Yamataian body for various reasons. But she went back to an NH-29 body to assist her in the war.

I wonder how the push for converting Nekos into 'humans' has gone over with the part of the human population that still sees them as tools, such as our good fleet admiral's parents...

I also wonder how much 'regional variation' there is in Neko culture. I know they're a young race, but would Isuzu behave differently from a Neko from Ren's home planet? The 5th XF has seen heavy combat and was frontloaded with 90% Nekos to begin with, while Tatiana is in the Imperial core and is noted as having an extremely low Neko population...

I wonder if we've overstepped a bit, here. We pretty much have to be in either the cargo bay or the nest area, now, if the computer is ahead of us and Engineering is behind us -_-;. Logically, however to disable the Bellystabber, the Vampire would have rammed right through Engineering... or through the cargo bay into the Bridge, i guess...

I believe we went a bit far about three posts back...*sheepish grin* after all we have no idea where we entered at as you so cleverly pointed out. ^_^

*shrugs* No harm, no foul.

Don't worry, I won't make it too easy on you guys. :twisted:

No IC post today. Maybe tomorrow.

Where is everyone else, though? You out there, Imp Syndrome?

I'm here. Just got swamped between a health presentation, chemistry homework and transferring to a new school, sorry for the wait up.

Glarg...i really need to get off my butt and at least do a sketch to put into my picture spot. I feel so lame without one. *grins and shrugs* so were splitting into two groups? I guess We made it difficult to keep posts separated eh? Sorry. ^_^

I don't suppose the Bellystabber has an 'open' bridge of some sort that we can just look through to see if anyone is around?

Hmm. Maybe open a small gap in the door and send in a drone?

No IC posts today. It's so cold right now that I can't feel my fingers. :p

I meant from the outside; i.e. is the section of the hull that separates the front of the bridge from space two-way transparent, or one-way transparent, or does all of their visual information have to come from sensors?

Edit: Also, are the sessions of the SAoY Senate 'public' at all, or does it all go on behind closed doors?

It's a closed hull. Yamataian warships have occasional portholes that are about 1 feet in diameter. I believe the tech sentries walked past one aboard the Celia during the current mission. The "glass" is probably transparent Zesuaium, an expensive (and controversial!) material. There's no way you'd find it on a pirate ship.

The Senate sessions are behind closed doors, as the Senators know a great deal about secret stuff such as military movements, political climate inside the war fleets, progress made against the Mishhu (or lack thereof), etc. And they are not afraid to throw their facts at each other like daggers.

Of course, some of these facts would be somewhat demoralizing if word got out.

The sessions from more local governments might be broadcast, depending on how progressive the local government is.

You'd fall asleep after watching 10 seconds of it though. :3

Sorry, Rathmere. I felt that what your PC did was a "Bad Idea" (TM), but not so bad that any PCs had to get hurt.

It wouldn't be fun if actions had no consequences though, so I sacrificed a NPC prisoner in your honor. :cool:

He may or may not have been helpful, had he lived. :(

That's OK we all make mistakes, especially green Santo Hei's. I thought it would help, then I kinda figured out it was dumb. I wasn't sure if it was one or two way, so I guessed one way and guessed wrong.

I guess all I can say is "oops." Now Avaldamon gets to doubt himself for the rest of the trip.

I'm still unclear on how money and promotion work in this system. anybody got links to places that explain it well? other forum's that have addressed the issues in depth?

Promotions are pretty much entirely at a commanding officer's discretion, usually but not always handed out at the end of missions. I've seen characters go from the lowest rank to a mid-tier officer in a single promotion... and I've also seen characters go from the lowest rank to the second-lowest rank.

Santô Hei characters don't get paid, but they are given "whatever reasonable items they desire (to include money)" through the Prestige system. Everybody above Santô Hei gets paid once per (real life) week, though can also exchange their pay for continued use of the Prestige system.

See:
http://stararmy.net/wiki/doku.php?id=prestige_system
and
https://stararmy.com/org/stararmy/military_law.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back