• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Confidence [YSS Confidence] Mission 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Masako-san is going to the Mindy bay in order to get a Mindy sir." The AI told Arild, who was looking over a Xaser rifle apraisingly.

"Thank you AI." Arild had a sneaking suspision about what Masako was going to do, and felt a little embarased he hadn't thought of it. He'd never really got used to power armours. He knew how to use them, but it had slipped his mind.

He walked back out to the corridor and called to Carlos and Heneko.

"How are you holding in there? We're working on getting out, just hold tight, and De la Vega, if I see you light another cigarrette when you're not in your quarters you'll be scrubbing the exterior of the ship in an EVA suit." Arild voice carried calmly across the hall. He really did mean it about the EVA.

It would probably be an amusing sight if anyone saw it, a 4'11" tall neko stripping out of her uniform while running into the power armor bay. That's exactly what Masako started doing two meters from the entrance. But because of it, it only took her five seconds to finish stripping herself of her clothes and other half-minute to get into her Mindy Armor.

Sighing calmly as she felt the fleshy core wrap around her, she instinctively placed her helmet on her head. Logically, she knew she didn't need it while in the Confidence...but it was out of habit and it was definitely a good habit in her opinion.

Once in the suit and off the wall, Masako willed her Mindy into a hover before propelling herself slowly, slow by any standard other than a pilot's, out the bay door and towards Deck 2, Section 4. "AI, keep me informed of the status of the Section and the conditions of the two crew members there, please."

"Both Santô Juni Henako Kusati and Nitô Heisho Carlos Carlos Luera De la Vega are safe and uninjured, and the hallway has come to an uneasy balance. However one wrong movement could set the entire corridor into collapsing. Taisa Bard is immediatly outside said section." The AI responded through her helmet.

Arild stood still feet together and back straight as he's been taught in the military. It helped him think strangely enough.

"Bard-Taisa?" Masako said in surprise as she blinked within her helmet. She refrained from saying anything else as she sped along the corridors of the Confidence. It only took her a few more seconds before she saw the man standing in military stance.

"Taisa-san," she spoke as she landed a little behind him so that she wouldn't accidentally cause a cave-in. Though she also lowered the weight of her Mindy to the lowest setting possible as well. Taking off her helmet, it was easy to read the confused look on the neko's face.

She was actually wondering why the much taller man would come down to view this. But then again, who was she to wonder what those in command did. "Please stay here, sir. I'll go retreive Kusati-san and Vega-san," she said with a polite, yet short bow before placing her helmet back on again and floating up into a hovering position. Slowly and cautiously, the young neko pushed off the undamaged wall lightly and began to use the inertia to propel her slowly through the damaged section towards the other crewmates.

"Very good." Arild nodded his head in recognition, "Innovative thinking. If nothing else the Mindy should be able to hold up the hall if it begins to collapse." Arild said, calmly. He was impressed. A beep came from behind and Arild, turning, was confronted by the form of the Construction Drone. He refused to look startled. "AI, prepare the Construction Drone to help steady the corridor if things go to hell." Arild liked to keep up to date with the technology on his ship, which included the construction drones.

Masako's progress did not disturb the hall in any way, although it would require some negotation to pick up Henako and Carlos without putting any additional weight on the floor.

"So far so good," Masako mumbled to herself as she slowly eased her way down the hall by controlling her inertia with her Mindy. She couldn't help but be a little nervous about all of this. Sure, she'd be fine in her Mindy if things went wrong, but two people could die if she messed up in someway.

"No...can't think about that," she muttered as she shook her head to calm her mind. Continuing on, Masako eventually reached to two male crewmembers trapped in the corridor. Coming to a stop, Masako turned to them, but didn't remove her helmet.

"Kusati-san, Vega-san, don't worry...I'll get you out of here." she told them before contacting the AI. "Uh...AI...would it be possible for me to carry them both back with me and not run the risk of collapse? I could probably lift them while staying in a hover."

"I believe so. With aditional caution you should be able to manage it, but lifting them up without touching the floor, compensating for weight etc. will be complicated. Good luck." The AI said from down the hall.

"Yes suh!" He called out, groaning in frustration. They were about to die, possibly, and he was bitching about smoking out of his quarters? Bah!

As Masako manuvered her mindy armor into their general location, Carlos gently stabbed out his cigarette on the floor. He looked up at her with a rather resigned, almost melancholy smile.

"Welcome to our little tea party, Senorita. Here to rescue us, eh?"

Swallowing hard, the young neko began to sweat inside her Mindy in nervousness. "All right then," she mumbled as she raised herself higher in her hover to give her more breathing room between herself, the floor, and the cieling. "Hmmm...it's going to take me a ton of upper body strength to lift them by myself," she mumbled to herself. "Luckily...the Mindy can handle it," she stated as she slowly reached down, having to lower herself a bit in order to wrap an arm around each male waist.

"Be very still and hold on tight," she said to them as she slowly began to rise again in her hover. As soon as she felt comfortable about the height, she used her arms to lift them slowly and hold them close to her body as she slowly turned around. "Hold together...hold together," she chanted in her head like a mantra as she slowly headed the way she came down the corridor, ready to give herself a sudden boost of speed if the corridor decided to cave-in all of a sudden.

"Yes ma'am" He said, reaching up slowly towards her arms. Clutching them tight and using all the (considerable) upper body strength he could muster he pulled himself up, latching his legs about her waist and holding on tight, it felt rather tenative. "Agh...like this?"

((OOC: Never mind about the PM I sent you, this will work out anyway))

Masako nodded at Carlos as she held Henako to her and kept on slowly heading through the corridor. "Hopefully, this will work out and we'll all be able to get something to eat after this," she said as she smiled inside her helmet, a weak smile but a smile none-the-less.

As the Mindy and its two passangers came down the corridor, the ceiling began to creak and groan. However they reached the end safely, albiet as soon as the Mindy put its feet down on the floor the tiny weight change caused the corridor up to a few meters away collapse.

"That was close. My congratulations, you did well." Arild said to Masako, "I'm thankful that you survived." He then told Carlos and Henako. "As a reward you can have a smoke. Now I was going to the mess hall, anyone else take up the occasion?" Arild's voice was calm, but reall he was very pleased with Masako's performance, he'd have to look out for her in the future, and that two of his crew hand managed to survive. "Consturction drone, begin to fix this."

The construction drone moved forward, and began to sort out the rubble, before carrying on with its graviton beams and arc-welder to repair. It would take a few hours, but the hall would be capable of walking again.

Carlos heaved a tremendous sigh of relief as he was able to once more set foot on the solid ground of a stable corridor. He gave a roguish grin up at Masako, giving a little bow "Thanks for the rescue, I 'preciate it. And yes sir, I'd be up for a little food right now. I'm up to my smoke quota for the day, now its time for something spicy..."

Masako set the other two crewmates gently onto the floor feet first before pulling her helmet off and shaking her head to free her raven-black hair from being matted to her scalp. "A..Arigato, Bard-Taisa," Masako replied politely as she smiled, much more strongly than she had from the hidden depths of her helmet.

"Since dining in my powered armor would be pretty bad, I'll head back to the powered armor bay first, sir," she stated in a slightly joking way to ease the tension she had been feeling before. "I'll see you at the mess hall, excuse me," she said with a bow before she began to head towards the powered armor bay.

"Good. Henako, you're looking a little sickly. Don't worry about it, it's been a stresfull situation. Just go and lie down for a while." Arild said kindly.

Henako nodded and went back to his room.

"Right, well I'm going now. My cooking skills aren't amazing so this should be an intresting event." Arild began to walk to the mess hall.

As soon as she entered the power armor bay, Masako quickly leaned against the wall and sighed. Slipping out of the warm fleshy core of the Mindy, she noticed her hands shook quite a bit. Whether that was due to what happened earlier or a lack of food, Masako didn't really know. She was just glad that was over.

Slipping into the shower area, she began to shower throughly...pondering as she did. Maybe...it was time to branch out...gain new skills, so she would at least be able to do something until the order to fly out came in.

But what to do? She had the capacity to be a Technical Sentry already. What else was there? Sighing calmly, she turned off her shower and dried herself quickly before getting back into her slimming uniform. "Who's cooking anyway," she wondered outloud as she headed towards the mess hall.

Arild quickly reached the mess hall, and went into the kitchen, quickly finding bacon in the fridge. Bacon was one thing that he couldn't mess up, something that was simple, fast to cook, relatively healthy, and tasted good. It was one of the best foods for people on a starship, after jam sandwhichs and poridge (which had a tendancy of falling on consoles). Wipping out a saucepan and activating the oven he poured a little oil on as a lubricant, and then applied the bacon. He did this in a very buisnesslike fashion, and somehow managed to make the captain cooking not look quite as ridiculous as it might have done.

"If the ship was fully manned then we'd have three crew-members serving as chefs today, but since we don't, I think more of a first come first serve order might benefit, since our resident cook isn't here. Whose for bacon? Because if you want something else you will be making it yourself." He said, his voice carrying well as usual.

Slowly entering the mess hall, Masako's nose was enticed by the pleasant scent of cooking bacon. Her stomach growled as she remember that she hadn't eaten for most of the day. Every single time she had tried was interrupted by some emergency and now she was starving.

"If the ship was fully manned then we'd have three crew-members serving as chefs today, but since we don't, I think more of a first come first serve order might benefit, since our resident cook isn't here. Whose for bacon? Because if you want something else you will be making it yourself."

"I am, sir," she replied as she entered the kitchen of the mess hall. "But I'm afraid just bacon isn't going to cut it with me, sir," she stated politely as she began to search the storage spaces. It was kind of hard reaching some of them, being 4'11", but the best thing about being a neko was the ability to reach those hard to reach places. Manipulating the gravity pulling her down, she actually floated a bit to grab a loaf of bread available. Setting down on the deck again, she looked at it for a second before coming up with an idea.

The short, raven-haired neko then walked over to the refrigerated storage compartments and searched them. As a result, she ended up pulling various deli-style meats and leafy vegetables.

"There...this should be enough," she commented as she piled them all onto the counter nearby the Taisa. A pile which seemed to cover the entire counter space with a loaf of bread, probably six packages of deli meat, a head of lettuce, spinach, and probably four kinds of cheeses. She probably had enough to feed herself ten times over. Or...at least feed a human her size ten times over. After all, nekos required two times more calories than humans did.

Arild largely ignored the food being piled up. He was making bacon, and bacon only. Anything else would risk food poisoning and would certainly not taste as nice. He quickly cooked four rashers until they where crispy, as he liked them, and made himself a sandwich, which he put on a plate taken from one of the cupboards (after removing it from the precautions made to stop them breaking if the ship was hit). And went to sit down.

"For desert I might make pancakes.â€

Removing a plate from the same cupboard, Masako began to create her lunch. Placing a slice of bread first, she began to pile on the fillings in a pattern that seemed to revolve around like lettuce, meat, spinach, cheese, bacon, repeat. Using the basic meats of turkey, ham, and pepperoni combined with motzerella, parmesan, and pepper jack cheeses, Masako ended up creating two, double-decker sandwiches while making sure to leave some bacon for other people.

Pulling a glass out and filling it with water, the young neko cleaned up after herself before walking out to join Arild. "Mmmm...sound good, Bard-Taisa," Masako replied with a smile before sitting down across from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back