• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Confidence [YSS Confidence] Mission 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arild ate his sandwich slowly. A very good sandwich it was, too, but he had had a lot of experience in making them. But as he chewed the sandwich, he also chewed his thoughts over. Recently, first the loss of the Destiny, showing his incompetence of command, secondly his granted command of the Confidence, a ship nigh infinitely smaller, and with a crew of only a dozen or so, compared to the thousands of the Destiny. Then Mizuho, someone who he had liked, left the ship, weakening further his belief in himself and others. Then traitors in the 5th, a rebellion against the Star Army. That still made him sick, and if he had his way even now every one of traitors would have been killed, possibly tortured to death. That was, after all, the old punishment. And now being assigned to look into the primitive planet of Ahmar. Well it seemed like a step up from what he was doing currently.

Well ... the sandwich was still good.

Masako blinked at her Captain as she bit into one of her larger sandwiches, chewing as she observed him for a moment. He seemed deep in thought and pretty distant at the moment...or at least, that's how she saw it. Quietly munching on her sandwich, she kept her own thoughts to herself as well. How she pretty much felt useless.

She paused for a second as her thoughts changed before taking another bite. Wait a moment, she wasn't useless now that she thought about it. She had been able to save Henako and Carlos. Sure...she felt like she was running more on instinct than thought, but they were save and sound none-the-less.

Finishing off her first sandwich, Masako sighed in content. It was good, but she did wish she could at least cook a bit. Looking back up at Arild, she frowned for a moment before smiling. "Bard-Taisa, I'm glad I can serve under you," she stated out of the blue. "It's been hard at times and I've felt pretty useless now and then, but I am honored to serve under your command."

Carlos made a grand entrance as they sat down to eat, stretching out and giving a big yawn as he swaggered over to the food prep area. A glance was given to his crewmates and their meals...nah, time for good ol' fashioned home cooking today!

He rummaged around the various cabinets and freezers, looking for his ingredients of choice. White Corn Tortillas, some vegetable oil, ground beef, tomatos, peppers, onions, shredded cheese. Everything he needed to make tacos like back home.

He set to work frying up the tortillas and mincing up the veggies to make some nice salsa, coming up with a good amount rather quickly. The ground beef sizzled in the pan and the frying tortillas popped and snapped every now and then.

Arild looked up at her, meeting her eyes seriously, "You're a good soldier Masako, and you have excelled in what tasks you have been given. If you feel like you are not doing enough, tell me an I'm sure I can find something for you to do. You have your uses, shown by your succesfull rescue, and as part of a crew we must all use our uses to better the whole. I believe you are very capable of that. You serve me well." Then he took another bite of his sandwhich. Such innocence and youthfull enthusiasm. It would be a sad day when that was stripped from her by war.

Carlos expertly pulled the Tortillas from the frying oil and folded them over into paper towels, pressing them down firmly to form the shell. He then relaxed against the counter, watching the Captain and Masako talk about rather serious stuff.

He only half listened, instead going over the pictures he'd seen last night in his quarters...Neko girls could be very flexible.

Masako, though she knew he wasn't hitting on her or anything, couldn't help but have her cheeks flush a slight pinkish color at the compliment. "Thank you, Bard-Taisa," she said as she picked up her second sandwich. "I guess I could also act as a Technical Sentry onboard as well," she said calmly. "I have the necessary skills for it after all."

Pausing for a moment, she glanced over at Carlos and blinked calmly. "Uh...Vega-san...what are you looking at," she asked out of curiousity as she bit into her sandwich.

"I'll look into that for you. I have to say that actively seeking out more things to do is impressive. Most people would simply accept a low workload and hang around the lounge." Another bite. "You can join us Carlos if you want, rather than just standing there."

Sliding back into real-space, the YSS Oniyuri (NG-X1-362), a sleek new Nekovalkyrja gunship from the First Expeditionary Fleet, approached the YSS Confidence, getting ready to tow the ship back to Kohana for repairs, as well as to bring the Confidence's brave crew to a new home in the meantime. Quickly making the arrangements with the Confidence's computer, the well-armed neko ship pulled up next to the Mersina-class starship and extended a flexible docking tube out to seal around one of the Confidence's airlock hatches.

After finishing off her meal, the young neko stood up and bowed to both men. "I guess we better get ready to leave," she said as took her plates to the kitchen area and cleaned them before leaving the mess hall. She walked back to her quarters and began to pack her things for the trip to their new and temporary home, the YSS Mikomi.

Packing her pillows and viola though, the raven-haired neko could help but look around the room. This was actually the first ship she had been to combat on...it was strange that she would get attached to it in such a short amount of time, but she had. Now she was leaving and even though it was temporary...she still felt a hint of sadness.

Frowning for a moment, she finished her packing and slipped her arm through the strap of the largest duffle bag while carrying the smaller one in her free hand. Looking around one last time, she exited her room and headed towards the docking port the YSS Oniyuri was docked at.

Once everyone was aboard, the YSS Oniyuri retracted the docking tube and darted off in the direction of the South Gate, a break in the Great Southern Nebula. Soon enough, the ship was docking with the YSS Mikomi.

( OOC: You guys can now start RPing there, sorry for the delay, just trying to give everyone a chance to post. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back