• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC YSS Heartbreaker: The Undiscovered Uesu

Yup, at least you're okay. I do hope it all works out well. And as quickly as possible, I know how that stuff can be dragged out and linger forever.

Expect a post this weekend to wind this mission down and get us started on the next. I'll leave this one open if anyone wants to make any final comments or anything, though.

Hey it might be a good thing, because I needed a newer car anyway. :) Just not exactly the best way to go about it...

Does wrap up post include seeing what those two new life signs detected are? Tangling with the Crab, we didn't get to fully investigate the beacon. And what appeared like a TASHA tank discharge.

wait so do we still post in the mission thread or do we just cut straight to the epilogue?

Okay, like I said, you can post in the old thread if you want to wrap things up or have any immediate concerns. Otherwise we're jumping forward a few days to the new thread, for a little shore leave. Still, expect the new mission to begin...probably next week. I'm updating the wiki page now. We have one new crew member confirmed, and a few more who said they'd be applying after our Community Meeting. Not sure if they stuck around, though. Promotions and awards are processing right now, look for that wiki update soon, and I'll either mention it in one of the threads or right here.

I've included a little sneak preview of our next destination on the wiki page. Please look foward to [Mission 2] Remember To Always Think Twice.

Along those lines, please welcome @LeighLink on board. Ingrid is on the wiki page now, you're free to attend the shore leave with everyone else. I did not pick a cabin out for you yet. You would probably share with Skade or Sayoko, so talk to them...

Welcome aboard Leigh! You've come to quite the interesting frontier...

Also, the next world we're visiting is called 'Shekhinah'? That is so deja vu... :) that was the name of one of three linked worlds featured in a short lived Final Fantasy RP I ran years ago (The others being Harbinah and Accad).

Hey, everyone! I'm looking forward to the spoooooky myyyystery of a disappeared ship with you folks; less excited about getting monstered in the monsterables.

Blesi Ingrid is your new science officer. She's not happy to be a part of the Star Army, but is qualified and capable of doing her job on the ship.

Last edited:
First of all @Acewing13 are you still around? I haven't seen anything from you in a while, almost a month. If anyone else has been in contact with them, please let me know.

So, you all know what time it is, right?

ai1.kym_cdn.com_entries_icons_original_000_001_424_Promotion.jpg

Getting it all set up with paladin's help, just give me a bit to work on the wiki and everything...

• Hoshitomo Rin - Service x2, Tomoyo's Kikyo, Combat Lifesaver, Combat Award x2, Exploration, Notable Career
  • Inukai Sayoko - Promotion to Nito Hei, Service x2, Tomoyo's Kikyo, Combat Award, Exploration, Good Conduct
  • Darren Leverton - Promotion to Nito Hei, Service, Tomoyo's Kikyo, Combat Lifesaver, Combat Award, Exploration, Morale
  • Masashiga Skade - Promotion to Nito Hei, Service, Combat Award, Exploration
  • Nakamaru Miho - Promotion to Itto Hei, Service x2, Combat Award, Exploration
  • Nakane Kamatari - Service x2, Exploration

I think I edited everything correctly on the wiki. Let me know if something looks wrong. I also think I got all of the medals right (with paladin's help) but let me know if I missed something. I had to go back and look and see who actually appeared during each part of the two missions. Like Sayoko did some medic stuff, but it wasn't during combat, little things like that. I handed out a few of the 'participation' awards, too. But if anyone else wants to nominate someone for another Good Conduct or Morale award, let me know!

Here is a link to all of the awards, just in case: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=stararmy:medals_and_awards
Here is how I have them set up on one of my characters: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:murakami_mitsuko#medals

I like that format to show how many of each you have, and what missions you gained them from. But I know Hanako and other characters present them differently.

If you check the ship's Imperial Registry Number or IRN, you see NS-U1 at the beginning. NS is the ship type, Naval Scout. The U1 is the fleet type. The Heartbreaker, Seisenkyo and all of the various shuttles comprise the First Uesu (Recovery? Expeditionary? Exploratory? Investigative?) Fleet. They report back to the people in charge of Gemini Star Fortress that we left from originally. Technically they could just be another Expeditionary/X labeled fleet, but I thought it would be cooler to give them a new type of registry for their secret mission. And, if we ever find Uesu or something just as important, the fleet might be made public and have more ships assigned to it to deal with whatever is found.

I think it would make more sense to have them be a task force (like TF87 or something), as "Standard" and "Expeditionary" are a category of fleet, but Uesu isn't.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back