• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC YSS Heartbreaker: The Undiscovered Uesu

Well it's been like that for a while now, and lots of staff have seen that article and IRN and not commented on it. Including you, Wes. The name actually dates all the way back to this post from the Eucharis.

https://stararmy.com/roleplay-forum...-echoes-of-the-past.15490/page-12#post-229619
The Yui class NS-U1-107427Heartbreaker (the name Mitsuko had submitted to the captain to help keep track of the unnamed vessel that had left with Uesu's Fleet years ago) was on its way to the nearest base for inspection and repairs. The Fox T4 Combat Aeroshuttle (NS-U1-107427-1 and now NG-X1-408-14) Medea II was docked with the Eucharis, and had been similarly given a new name, also pending Hanako's approval.

Originally I was using the U1 to refer to all the ships in Uesu's Fleet. Assuming that they were all registered to Star Army at some point before Uesu ran off with them. Then all those ships would have to be removed from the regular logs and reclassified as missing. So why not make sure they're all in one block of numbers, one fleet? The Heartbreaker technically still has her old IRN from the original Yui that was part of Uesu's Fleet as far as Star Army is concerned, but now it's back in service and no longer missing. I considered the Seisenkyo part of that, but I guess it doesn't really have to be, I didn't give it a IRN or anything tying it to us formally.

And now I realize I reused that -1 tag for the Kourui after attaching it to that Fox. But I think the Fox didn't make it through the next mission. Either way it's not a big deal.

Okay, we're off to a new system, huzzah! Everyone can keep posting in the party thread, though. Definitely more that can happen there, conversations to wrap up, and a new crew member still needs to poke her head in.

Everyone might want to update the loadout for their PA before we get started. You know, just in case...

Everyone knows Veronika is blonde and Bettie has black hair, that is wildly inaccurate.

But they are best friends. Even if they did sometimes fight over who would wind up with their favorite weapon in the end, the one that just got ruined. They called it the Aether Rifle-Cannon, High-power Yield.

Well this has got interesting, there are now two female engineers, to make the socially awkward guy not know what to do.

I have never seen that betty and veronica, guess its an American thing.

They're from Archie Comics! Not just an American thing, it's a full on American Thing -- capital T. It's a humongous cultural touchstone that was way more popular back in the mid 1900s, but most Americans are still familiar with it. The comic series is about the life of All American teenager Archie Andrews and his pals living in the town of Riverdale. Betty and Veronica compete over Archie's affections. You're probably familiar with their music:
(Yes, that's Sabrina the Teenage Witch, also an Archie Comics property.)

Beware that Reynolds has swapped the hair colour for Veronika and Bettie, demonstrating his mastery of subtle cruelties and his ability to sow confusion and consternation.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back