• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC YSS Heartbreaker: The Undiscovered Uesu

Yeah, sorry. I'm having something of a crisis over here. Been having trouble summoning the will to post. I don't want to end this plot or lose any of my characters, but I can't seem to find the drive to actually write posts. I got back from a convention on Sunday and have been struggling since. I actually considered making a big post somewhere here asking for advice or maybe just taking a leave of absence for a month or so. Then, while I was driving to work and pondering everything, this came on the radio:

I saw it as a sign, and decided to try to double down and try again. Then, on the way back home from work, this played:

Someone is trying to tell me something, obviously. So I'm going to try real hard to concentrate, but I just barely held on for that post. I might have to binge watch Gundam or LoGH or something over the weekend to really help me reattach.

I understand the feeling, it happens to every writer now and then. I, too don't want to see things fall away and am worried... we are barely keeping this thing going as it is, and any loss of momentum for long periods only makes it that much harder to keep everyone motivated and engaged with the mission.

If there is anything I can do to assist you, please let me know. I really love the premise of the Heartbreaker and its potential to change the universe...

Yeah, I love the premise of the Heartbreaker too, and I've certainly been pretty bad at keeping up on posting. I don't know if I just need to hang out on like IRC more or if just chatting in this thread will help, but the level of engagement I'd like to be at is way below where I actually am and it's not really an issue with the posts in the plot itself.

I'm going to try to see if I can get us chatting or interacting more, to see if we can build some momentum and comraderie again as Reynolds is struggling to get the GM posts going due to IRL issues.

I'm kinda trying to let you guys mostly do what you want together, without me butting into conversations too much. I particularly don't want the Captain to be taking up all the screen time. That's why I haven't named the NPCs or had them have any actual dialogue, just a description of what they say. Not sure if I'm doing too good, though.

Don't be afraid to detail them further as well. NPCs can turn into incredibly popular characters if they're well written and handled. A good example is to read through the Miharu for some of the ship's sprites who ended up being very, very popular characters.

edit: I'm also a bad, bad person about posting. I promise, as soon as I stop getting constant 10 hour work days, I'll try to get back in. Just need enough time to catch up.

Since you're the only ones that have responded the last two times @paladinrpg and @John2y we are just going to try to hurry up through the last of this. I've listed everyone else as MIA and we'll just have to see about getting a new crew if we manage to continue with our own subforum plot after this. I should be good to respond once you've both posted, nothing should be too disruptive in the immediate future.

Alright, I hope that's not too sudden. I wanted to try to make the swiftness clear and show that the numbers are the threat here, not the individuals, at least not compared to PAs. Well, their friends might fare a little better...

Also, I think I accurately portrayed the QWD. There is very little description on the wiki. It has a huge range, and talks about spotted cloaked/phased things, but doesn't seem to mention penetrating anything. I would think a device that can map out everything in a 400 mile radius and sees through walls would be a bit too overpowered, even for SA. I'm picturing it as comic book radar/sonar vision. Let me know if I'm way off the mark, though, and I'll see what I can fix.

I will be out of town this weekend, just so everyone knows! I'll try to mention it elsewhere, but let people know if they come looking for me...

Yes, actually that's pretty much how I envisioned it too... Sort of how in an RPG you have that little radar/map thing in the corner with dots telling you where the enemies are relative to you, eh? And the ping will briefly illuminate phased and cloaked enemies.

Also yay, now I feel like we stepped into Resident Evil. The way your post started, I get the feeling we will be eventually be forced out of the base by the swarm?

Last edited:
Val only wanted a quick test run, and didn't expect actual combat. She also has no interest in anything that's not leading them straight to their goal, so she'd be more than happy to just leave anything that inconveniences them behind and continue on.

Hope that post looks good, I think I covered everyone. Didn't think I'd have to juggle so many NPCs. Also, John, I don't think that specific drug you mentioned would be in a standard SA kit, I don't see it listed. I just substituted a generic version.

Got back from SGC to find out I'm working almost every day this week, joy. Next week should be better. Nice to see so much life here now!

That's too bad, hope you can catch a break soon. .It is very nice to see the plot waking up again. Rin is going to be making the order to fall back in next post going up today. We got the data we needed. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back