• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

RP: YSS Kaiyō [YSS Kaiyō] Pre-Mission One: Hajime!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Alright, everyone," Taii Teien Eden vociferated for all to hear after the rest of the crew had made it in. "Time to get started!"

She stood in front of the volumetric display screen that showed the hinomaru emblem and said "Mission Briefing 1" underneath it.

"We're here to be the first line of attack against the Kuvexians. They use the Rixxikor and other unknown species to fight for them, so we will be up close and personal with not just their military, but others', as well. We need to be prepared for anything. We need to avoid treating the down time we may have as anything but an opportunity for an enemy to strike."

Getting to brass tacks, she said, "We are in a squadron of a total of four Plumeria gunships, the same ship Ketsurui Hanako uses. If it's good enough for her, you can bet it's good enough for us!" She held her fist in front of her as she mentioned the princess' name and her gold eyes glittered. "We are here to dismantle those that threaten Yamatai. They have an Imperial Navy but we have the Star Army. They have the Rixxikor but we have Elysians. They have unknown forces at their disposal, but we have SAINT on board. I would rather be us if I were them. But they don't get that option. And we won't give it to them!"

She regained her stance, spreading her legs and putting her hands behind her back, then said, "Our route will take us East of the Kikyo Sector. We want to fight them in their home territory and not ours, as to minimize risk that we may bring to our planets and installations. We have many lightyears of travel in front of us to get to their front lines and begin destroying them there, but we can bet we'll decimate their out of system campaigns and comrades along the way."

She turned to look at the hinomaru and said, "I have a lot more to say on the subject, but I should take questions from you, those that will be fighting them alongside me, as what you have to say is just as important."

She turned back around and put her hands against the table, and she ended by saying, "So let's hear those questions you may have!"

Reactions: raz
Navian didn't waste any time to indicate she had a question for the Taii. "What is our chain of command?"

"Orders travel down the chain, while reports and information travels up, towards me, the squadron commander, and the fleet commander. Enlisted are at the bottom, with non-commissioned officers in engineering, science, and other realms above them. They report to the next chain of command, which is where we have officers and warrant officers, which are in line with the bridge crew. The only difference is, officers report their information to the first officer and the bridge crew reports it to me."

She went on, "Above me is the squadron commander Taisa Catherin Ross and above her is fleet commander Taisho Yui." She said Yui's name with reverence in her voice and looked off, distantly, for a moment, before looking back to Navian. "Does that answer your question, santo hei Navian?"

Meissa looks at the briefing. Then looks up.
"So, go in, kill things, blow something to stardust, come home. Fair enough."

Arbitrated just holds back. The plan seems pretty straightforward, and she'll only ask a question if she thinks it'll be relative in her field. Which is mostly, shoot anything and everything that isn't marked as a friendly. Okay there's obviously more to it than that but it's an easier summary than trying to explain mentally controlling over twenty individual turreted weapons at the same time without having them all point at the same exact target.

"In part. Who do we report to, in our sections?" Navian waved to indicate the ship's technicians and infantry.

"I would suggest all infantry report to you, Navian, as you have the most experience out of all of them. You will report to the first officer or bridge crew. Technicians and science crew should follow your example and report to her or them. Norogumi Misaki," Taii Eden said with a wave of her hand in the Chui's direction, "is your first officer."

"To a certain extent, santo hei Meissa. We will want to extract as much technology and information as we can from what we do encounter to relay back to the forces that will be behind and ahead of us. There is only so much stardust can tell us about what we're trying to fight," Teien Eden told the Caelisolan.

"To a certain extent, santo hei Meissa. We will want to extract as much technology and information as we can from what we do encounter to relay back to the forces that will be behind and ahead of us. There is only so much stardust can tell us about what we're trying to fight," Teien Eden told the Caelisolan.
"So make sure something stays intact. Got it. Who's my leader and who am I working with?"

Masaki walked into the Wardroom, taking a seat to the left of the Taii. He stayed quiet during her speech but nodded every few times to show her acknowledgment and agreement. She looked to each person that had asked a question so far, then gave a smile and a small wave to Navian as she looked to her.

She proceeded to look to each person who spoke, then to the captain who would gauged their response. She was quietly analyzing every persons mannerisms; whether they were outspoken in their concerns or would blindly follow orders and not ask questions. She had asked hers, and Misaki was open to receiving questions as well.

For most of all the briefing, Anastasia stayed quiet. She never interrupted, paying attention and absorbing all the information she could.
"I would suggest all infantry report to you, Navian, as you have the most experience out of all of them. You will report to the first officer or bridge crew. Technicians and science crew should follow your example and report to her or them. Norogumi Misaki," Taii Eden said with a wave of her hand in the Chui's direction, "is your first officer."
Anastasia nods upon the technicians being called on, and continues listening. She hadn't personally met Miyaki yet, but planned to as soon as possible after the debriefing.

Yoshida bounced on her seat a bit excitedly as she listened to the debreifing, quiet herself, certain that anything she would need to know would come from those asking the questions around her already, or from the Taii herself. She instead spent the time watching everyone else in the room as she whatched the somewhat rapid fire question and awnser session fly by, swinging her legs back and forth, and swishing her tail about, generally being a fidgety, but good listener throughout the experience, noting down that Navian was the one she was to report to.

"Navian will be who you report to," Taii Teien Eden said, looking at the Elysian she had only just put in charge of the infantry unit. She then looked back to Meissa. "All orders are of the utmost importance. Please, get to know your infantrymen around you after this. You will be working with all of the cornflower blue panels as well as Carter Ytaru Dynami, Seinosuke Iemochi --or Mochi, as I call him--, Arakawa Haruko --both Mochi and Arakawa are scientists---, and Sakamoto Hina, who is above Navian in rank by leaps and bounds, but has a special mission. The rest of the away team is undisclosed at this time and will remain so until further notice."

Last edited:
Mochi had slipped silently into a seat near the back at some point towards the start of the speech. While Eden spoke, he had been brushing the dust and dirt off his uniform that the scientist had already somehow got dirty from whatever he had been up to since boarding. After questions started being asked, he listened with interest to the responses. Especially about the unknown races - that was the express reason he has been assigned to the ship, he was sure.

When his name was called, the Juni grinned sheepishly and gave a warm wave to the collective crew, blue stripe on his wrist clearly visible. 'Well, this is certainly a way to look for a first impression.' Mochi sighed internally, 'Having crawled through what felt like miles of dusty vents to get back to the power armor bay..' As he glanced around one thing he noticed was the abundance of wings draped over the backs of chairs. He'd never seen so many before and it was definitely a sight to behold.

Last edited:
Carter remained silent for the briefing, paying special attention to the questions about chain of command, and resolving to talk to Misaki for details about the ship soon afterwards. He sat back in his chair, looking around at the rest of the crew in the wardroom, familiarising himself with their features. His gaze was actually slightly disconcerting, with his focused expression and cybernetic eye giving him the appearance of coldly analysing everything he saw, as if evaluating it for weaknesses. He nodded towards Mochi in response to the wave, a smile breaking across his features.

As the crew talked and became familiar, making merry as they did so, they heard the sound of heavy metallic locks opening. Deeper within the wardroom, an unseen door opened from within the kitchen, and just a quickly it silently swung closed again, the locks clanking into place. Whatever happened was unseen thanks to the depths of the kitchen, but once its door hissed open, they saw their culprit. A food pilfering culprit. A woman with long, black hair and brown eyes looked over them all mischievously as she held her prize in hand. Mochi. Not just any mochi. A box of ice cream mochi, freshly pilfered from the freezer - the lone mug of green tea everyone had ignored suddenly made so much more sense.

However, this icy goodness was in the grasp of someone who wore a sultry Type 30C marked with the black of SAINT. An intelligence officer.

"Ara, ara. So many Elysians," she exclaimed in mock surprise. "I hope I haven't interrupted something?" Sakamoto asked, playfully curious. With a luscious 'Nom~~~~<3', another morsel of icy, creamy goodness was sacrificed for her pleasure.

"Ah!" Teien Eden said as she turned to see the SAINT operative, "You're just in time to introduce yourself! Joto heisho Sakamoto Hina, everyone. Sakamoto, this is everyone."

She turned back around and clicked her heels together as her legs found one another, pressing firmly underneath her skirt.

She grew serious and said, "This won't be pleasurable, it will be difficult and excruciating at times, but we will make our Empire proud of all that we accomplish on our missions together! I find that this briefing is adjourned. You may all rest up before we take off tomorrow."

Sakamoto merely made a polite bow to them all, her face graced with a beatific smile.

"Perhaps we should have a toast then? We have a curiously good selection of liquor on board Teien-sama," the woman suggested. Her feline ears seemed to perk up ever so slightly as her tail gently swayed from one side of her thighs to the other. Of course Sakamoto would know that they had some good sake on board though - she made sure of that herself.

Besides, a toast right now was only fitting given what she was seeing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back