• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [YSS Mikomi] A Short Break

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher

Inactive Member
"Sir." Eve saluted, before she took a step back, turning around sharply on her heels. I thought he'd never dismiss us. her thoughts wandered, as she milled her way back outside of the bridge, and to her quarters in the fore of the ship. Upon arriving she picked her chronometer from the floor, and set it back on the table. "I..suppose it's good I didn't have anything to break." she teared slightly, and stood in the empty stateroom for several minutes, before realizing she still had to go to SAINT on base and turn in her disc. Ah...a shower first. she thought, rummaging through her things in the wall compartment, for her toiletries and her other jumpsuit.

Stepping aside so he wasn't blocking the door any more then he should be he watched Eve leave. His left ear seemed to follow her as she walked by and if his memory served him right she was the one no older then his little sis.... taller.... but the same age none the less. Clearing his throat to pull some attention toward himself as he watched the Capitan. "Excuse me sir. Though I did not know her and I shall mourn her death I do not think I should take those two days off since I just arrived. If it isn't to much trouble I'd like to get set up and perhaps get a lab operational by the end of this week?" It didn't feel right to be pulling this conversation back to work work work after these people had suffered a lose but he had things to set up and it felt just as wrong taking a break when he hadn't done anything to begin with.

Kestral looked up at the new guy. "Hi. I'm Kestral Bowman. Yeah that's ok. I was actually going to talk to you about that. I will see what we can do. Can we talk more in depth when the crew have left though, I will be here for the two days so we can have multiple discussions if you really wanted. I need to speak to Tom." Kestral smiled, a warmish smile, and looked back at the crew who where slowly leaving. He had noticed that Tom looked very depressed and wanted to speak to him about it, as it was nowhere near his normal self. He really did hope he was ok.

Bowing his head he took a step back turned and left the bridge the way he came in while pulling out the data pad once more. And keyed up the map to his room once more quickly studied it and opened the data pad to a blank screen.

"AI.... well there should be something better I can call you than AI isn't there? Well besides that can you give me all the most recent Information on Nano-machine technology and any form of projectile and explosive advancement in the last few months and feed it into my data pad? Please and thank you." He didn't wait for the response knowing that it would take awhile to get all that information but he was sure the AI would comply.

Taking a turn around a corner he was now heading down the crew quarters hall wondering if he was bunking with any one or who his neighbors would be.

Too many things.. the Geshrin thought, looking at everything she had set on the bed. Her yukata, towel, and bath items lay in a line on the bed. She had also set a fresh uniform and underwear out. Stripping naked, the girl set her boots at the edge of the bed, and stuffed her dirty clothes in their own compartment before pulling on her yukata and tying it. She left her quarters, and began walking the short distance down the empty corridor towards the bath house, all her items in hand.

Suzi hovered next to Kato moving with him. "Well actually Kestral did name me Suzi. I like the name. You may call me that, if you so desire." What does he want all that information for? Suzi thought to herself. "That will be on your data pad within five minutes." Suzi gathered the information, it did take a while but not as long as five minutes. Three minuets and fifty four seconds to be precise. "There you go Kato. All the information you asked for." Suzi smiled disappeared.

His ears turned this way and that twisting the listen to the mechanized hum of the ship. The steady tap of his boots were the only thing that broke the hum besides maybe an air duck blowing out the recycled air.

Suzi.. He made a mental note of that since he had the strange feeling she'd be popping up a lot around him once he got started. Staring down at his key pad using one hand to scroll through some files and the other to open the men's bunk room door. Not looking up to see if any one had beat him here he tossed his bag to the corner and sat down at the nearest table never really taking his eyes off the data pad. Finally something under the ballistic weapons research caught his eye. EMP-P1A.... Projectile EMP bullets working on Nanite munitions, Designer deceased.... yet to be implemented one prototype in existence. Aboard the 5th Fleet...

"Suzi I need to send out a secure request form to the 5th expedition fleets commanding officer. Do you think you can put one together for me?"

He wasn't looking up he was typing rather quickly on his data pad the request for the notes and prototype that belonged to Elsar Iggagomi so Suzi could take it off his data pad and send it off to the 5th fleet.

Suzi appeared next to him, she had her eyes closed, as she where in the guy's rooms. "That all depends on what you want me to send to the 5th Fleet commander Kato." Suzi smiled, he was quite fun to mess around with, as he was the only one on the ship at the moment who would cry. "Can you tell me precisely what it is?" Suzi inquired.

"Well you could always open your eyes and take a look at the data pad."

He had just finished typing up a request form for all the research notes and the prototype Handgun the EMP-P1A Projectile weapon Electromagnetic Projectile munitions and some notes on munitions involving nanites.

"Just want to get something to work on in my spare time and it sounds interesting any ways. I like tinkering with things like this and besides it needs to be finished from the looks of it."

He finally looked about the Bunk room and saw nobody had come in yet. When some one did he'd have to ask him which beds aren't taken so he can unpack his things into a trunk.

"It's fine to open your eyes there isn't anyone here besides me. Never met a bashful AI before.... well I've never met an AI before really.

Suzi stood there; she didn't want to open her eyes. Slowly she opened her left eye, seeing that there was nobody about she opened her right. "She looked down at the pad, Interesting she thought. "If you could get the whole file ready and write down what you have to, to the commander, I will then send it for you." Suzi shut her eyes again. "Tell me when you are ready." She wasn't quite sure why she shut her eyes again, but she preferred it.

After what happend on the Destiny Roken spent his off time training: Checking his weapon and exercising. He was glad that he had got this assignment, now he could do what he was trained to do and that was to fight and eliminate the enemy, Roken hoped the Destiny insident wouldnt give him a bad rep with the crew. "I really hope they dont hate Nepleslians" Roken thought "Dont need that kind of thing getting in the way of the mission whatever it is," Roken brushed the thought out of his mind and made his way to the Mikomi if it ever came to that then he would be ready for it.

Request Form For: Elsar Iggagomi Research Notes and Prototype EMP-P1A

This is science officer Sergeant Kato Tanaka requesting access to the files and transfer of the prototype weapon he had in his possession. (The EMP-P1A and munitions) This request is to have this weapon along with his notes transfered to the Mikomi from there present location so that the research may continue even after the death of the creator. This is so that this weapon may have a chance to be implemented into our Armed Forces.

"Go ahead and take a look at it and make sure I'm not forgetting anything would you Suzi?" He set the data pad down and pushed it to the side so she could look at it even though she could just link up to it remotely.

Tom walked into the area where Kestral Bowman had called him. Recognizing the superior officer, he saluted him.

"Sir, you called me?"

It was an out-of-sorts Mizuho who found herself back on Yamatai again. Her transport flight had been difficult; she had flown the shuttle herself, and it had not been the shortest of flights, from Taiie to Yamatai. But all she truly suffered from was a touch of mental exhaustion. Mikomi was here, and would soon return to the front lines. And she would be with it. A worthy place to make her final mark, however small, on history.

Yes, it was an out-of-sorts Chusa who wandered not quite aimlessly to the base where Mikomi was stationed. An out-of-sorts Chusa who flew off her sane mind in a fit of screaming at a guard who would not let her pass, because of her uniform. She ended by reading to him, as one might read to a child, from her authorization papers.

But it was all only a temporary distraction, and she found her way to the Mikomi before long. Kestral Bowman, who was captain of the Mikomi - she had never seen him, though he was quite as she had pictured. His portraits did no justice.

There were two others with him, but she disregarded their presence, bowed slightly to the other Chusa, and thrust forward her papers.

"Transferring from YSS Confidence, Yukisato Mizuho, Chusa." She stared unblinking at him for some time. "I will take all your orders in good humor, Chusa. Thank you for your time."

Eve had just finished setting down her bathing items in an empty cubby hole. The combination shower and bath house on the starboard side of the Mikomi wasn't huge, but was more than enough for the Geshrin girl, who shed her Yukata and folded it neatly with her spare uniform and undergarments. Her thoughts had gone to Sergeant Claymere strangly enough. Grabbing some bodywash, shampoo, and a washcloth she plodded over to one of the showers, and activated it. I wonder if he'll learn not to split from the only transatmospheric armor on a hostile world there.. the young girl worried.

Setting her things into the built in caddy, Eve pulled the band from her hair, letting the blue and violet strands drop past her naked shoulders before stepping into the stream of hot water. I think I'll wear it down when I leave for SAINT. she sighed, finally relaxing. Maybe I should go see Mom after..I bet Dad's off testing something still. We could go for clothes and stuff, and the pistol I lost. Eve let her mind wander as she grabbed her washcloth and the bodywash from in front of her.

Suzi opened her eyes slowly again making sure no one had entered in the last minute, and looked at the data pad. She read it quickly and nodded, then read it again checking that all was ok. "This looks fine Kato, I will send it via the network to the 5th Expeditionary Fleet. They should receive it shortly." Suzi took the information of the data pad and processed it in to one file, make sure it was all there, she sent the message. I will return when we have a reply.

Kestral looked at Tom, "No need to salute Tom. I just wanted a quick chat. Are you ok? I have noticed you look down, and you have dealt with everything to do with Lori, which would make any man or women sad. Would you like to talk to me about it? I have two days." He added with a laugh. Kestral just had time to finish what he was saying when he was spoken to from the other side. He turned round and froze, there in front of him was another Chusa, the one he had read about, she was good looking, he hadn't expected it. "Kestral Bowman, Chusa." He smiled as he replied. "Thank to Mizuho, I am glad to have you on the ship. Look around, Suzi, our AI, will direct you to your room when you wish." He smiled, "I will get back to you later as we have to talk about certain things happening to the Mikomi." Smiled a polite smile and turned back to Tom, looked back once more, then focused all his attention on Tom.

"Suzi one last thing before you go poof again. Is the medic Officer Ghi To in the med lab? I'll be needing a back up and well I'd just like to meet her." He smiled widely as his Neko ears twitched. "Ya know just to compare ears... maybe get a pic with her to send my little sisters. Oh they would love that." He laughed slightly I low bellow type of laugh that echoed within the room. "And they thought me getting these ears was outlandish... Hah wait till they get a look at Ghi at least if she's anything like her profile marks her as."

He stood up getting ready to head to the Med lab anyways since he was going to be using part of it as his science lab... well at least so he thought he'd be using it as his lab since he had requested a fleet ship that gave him access to one. Either way he'd need to familiarize himself on getting to the med lab since with his profession he'd be ending up there often enough.

Roken steped aboard the mikomi his first task was to find the bunks to drop his gear, his second is to report to the commander of the ship and get his orders. "AI could you direct me to the crew quarters." Roken didnt see anyone when he walked in and hoped the AI was not offline or a bit moody "like the last one. The last thing i need is an AI breathing down my neck" he thought.

Suzi listened and waited while in went into a little daydream about his ridicules ears. "I do not know where she is at this moment in time, and I am not sure if she is there, as they have now got their orders they can leave the ship. I wouldn't think Chusa Kestral Bowman would allow you to build your lab in the meddy bay, partly due to the fact that it is far to dangerous and there is not enough room." Suzi smiled. "I recommend you walk around the ship and get you bearings." Suzi disappeared with the last word.

She suddenly noticed a new body on the ship; appearing behind him she stared at the man. "May I ask your name first please?" Suzi smiled. She uploaded a holographic image in front of the man, so that he could see where he was going. "You are in the men's quarter's, then on the map you can see the bridge, go directly there after, the captain is there. Can I help you with anything else?" Suzi announced.

"Pfhuuuuu...." Eve finished drying her blue and violet hair. Exiting the bath area with her yukata under arm, she noted to request another pistol from the armory to replace hers lost in battle. Returning to her cabin, the girl neatly folded her things away, taking her IDENT and cash card with her. Soon was gone and in the armor bay. The pilot keyed the lock, and grabbed the encrypted data from it's place. She held onto the disc, and walked to the starboard docking panel. "Miss Suzi, I'm going out." was all the toned Geshrin noted, before leaving the Mikomi.

"Sir, this mission was the first one I've experienced. It was... a bit rough on me. We lost Lori and, well, we all nearly died. I guess you can say it was a serious trial by fire." Tom trailed off at the end of the last sentence, reflecting on what he saw.

Kestral looked at Tom, he knew what he was going through. He wanted to reach out and give him a hug, but he wasn't sure it had come to that yet. "I know what you're going through. I want you to keep your chin up though, as we all need you. We have a new engineer on the ship, he is a Sergeant. However I want you to be in charge still of that side of thing. That ok?" Kestral smiled. " Talk to me about what you saw, it will help if you speak about it." Kestral smiled once more. However this time an image came into his head. He quickly pushed it aside.

Tom nodded. "Thanks for your trust in my abilities. I think I just need some time to myself, not that I don't appreciate your offer. It's all the basic soldier stuff, you know. Explosions, screaming, some death. Stuff I gotta absorb if I'm going to make a man of myself. Did we lose anyone else? Did Ghi make it back?"

Kestral nodded, "Yeah Ghi is fine, she was with me. No one else was lost." He thought of what to say next. "Tom that is a brave thing to do, and in some ways the right thing to do. I just want you to know though, if you need anything, or want to talk about it, please come to me." Kestral put out his hand to shake Tom's. "You know what your doing for the two day's break?" Kestral inquired. He admired Tom's will power.

He took the captains hand and shook it vigorously. The good news brought some solace to the young Geshrin. "No problem. Well, I was thinking about asking one of the ladies out on a date. I'd like to test the waters a bit." A mischievous grin spread on his lips.

"Now that's the Tom I know." he smiled back at Tom. He withdrew his hand slowly. "Which one is the question though? I think Saeki should be back soon, I hear she has been dancing around the place at the meddy bay. You could wait for her." Kestral though about relationships on ship, they weren't great but the whole crew needed a break; especially those two and it could pass this one time.

"Oh, now why would the captain want to probe into my relationship choices? Perhaps he wants a bit for himself?"

Kestral laughed. "I'm to old for those girls. Give me a break Tom, I can just about handle battle. A woman in a bedroom is now to much for me to handle." Kestral laughed again. "I have had enough women Tom, once I retire I will settle down and marry. You however have a lot left and can have fun all you want." Kestral smiled. Realistically he wasn't to old for them and he defiantly wasn't to old to get some action, but the captain sleeping with one of it's crew member's is defiantly a no go, and that one can't be over looked.

"Awesome. I'm gonna go now. Thanks for the pick-me-up there, cap'n." Tom waved at Kestral and turned to leave, the endless romantic possibilities springing in his mind.

Kestral smiled, he was really happy with himself, not only had he helped Tom but Tom had helped him. "See ya, have a good time. Don't do anything I wouldn't." He laughed to himself and relaxed in his chair. "Now all I have to do is speak to the new recruits. Suzi can you send a message to all the new staff, I would like to speak to them as soon as possible.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back