• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [YSS Mikomi] A Short Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
He almost bumped right into the woman leaving the bridge but was able to stop just in time. "Stupid ears what use are you if you can't hear through all my thinking.. Oh sorry excuse me." He backed away from her to give her some space.

Natalie was lost in thought. She didn´t notice she almost bumped to someone, since, she probably bumped a couple of persons back of the hall. "Oh, hello." - she said as she raised her face. Then something totally got her attention, something on this man...

"Your one of the new recruits too right?" He was taking a guess since she didn't fit any description that he had reviewed on the flight here. "Names Sergeant Kato Tanaka and yous?" He then noticed she was staring at his ears. "Uhh... what cha looking at?"

Her facial expression totally changed in a second. Her eyes started to burn, and she pointed at his ears. "Those, Sergeant, your ears. I´m looking at those"...

He noticed she didn't give her name nor did her expression look all that friendly. Both his ears perked at her tone then immediately flattened as his eyes shifted up to try and look up at his own ears. "Oh those? There just my ears had them enhanced for my line of work. They come in quiet handy to keep me alive and breathing."

Natalie didn´t want to pick up a fight with someone that just apologized instead of trying to bump her. "I am the armor pilot Natalie Dawning, and indeed, I'm new to the Mikomi. Nice to meet you. Actually, Sgt. Kato... I´m a little lost... can you help me?"

Bowing his head some so she had a better view of his ears yet not intending to he looked back to her face with a smile. "Nice to meet you Pilot Dawning, I was on my way to talk to the Cap but I guess it can wait not like it's that important besides he looked to need a break." He stepped aside so she could walk up next to him so they could walk and talk. "Where ya trying to get to?"

Natalie blushed as he said captain. Stared at Kato for a second, then shook her head. "Um.. well, i rushed things a bit while coming to the Mikomi, so i don´t really know where are things besides the bridge, my room or the entrance i took." - She smiled shamefully. "A brief tour" - she said taking a step as she accepted the sergeant invitation - "around the ship would be something i will appreciate. But don´t swing your ears too much, please."

"Don't swing my ears around?' One ear twitched forward to listen intently to her. "You have a thing about Neko ears do ya? You might wanna get over that problem fast since Neko's are just about everywhere. And if ya ever get hurt the med officers got these too but I'll try and keep them out of sight for you." Both the ears folded back again and he mussed his hair trying to cover them with his hair. "Well then do you have a data pad? and what would you like to see first?"

"Well. Now that you awoken my curious side, I would like to see the hangars." She said while she started to walk, not knowing if it were the right direction.

"Shuttle or MINDY? what am I saying you want the MINDY Bays. This way." He pointed with his thumb around a corner. "We can head to MINDY Bay 2 then we can work from there." He waited for her to turn around and head the right way with a small smile.

"Alrighty Kat-o" She smiled warmly "Let´s head that way"

"Right, so how long have you been in the army?" He checked his data pad and rounded another corner leading the way for her and pointed to a door that lead to the MINDY Bay. "And it's Kay-Too..."

"I'm freshly out of the Academy. This is my first assignment in a cruiser" - She said. She was just following Kato more than really looking around, even though some things attracted her attention. "MINDY bay sounds good to me, Kat-o."

His ears twitched under his hair at the sound of his miss-pronounced name but he didn't bother to correct her again. With a hiss the door open and he stepped in and leaned against the wall next to the door holding out his hand to present the room. "Well heres the MINDY Bay take a look around but I don't think you should be touching anything unless you know how it works." He stayed back since this wasn't his element and let her take a look around.

"Don't worry. I know how to control everything here, but i will not touch. The time will come sooner or later" She warmly smiled at the bay. Her eyes were sparkling, as if a dream came true; she gave 2 steps inside and looked around every detail carefully. "Well, at least this was as i thought" she whispered. Then looked again to Kato, giving him a warm smile. "Is the food good here?"

His ears picked up her whispers but he didn't say anything about them. "Food? Oh I wouldn't know I haven't met the cook yet if we have one that is. We might be stuck with pre-processed food but I doubt that. If nothing else I can cook enough not to burn it don't know if it would be done..." He shock his head at the thought of under cooking food and making everyone on board sick.

Natalie's face filled with disappointment when she heard processed food. Food was an important thing for Natalie, and, even though she wasn't the best at the kitchen, she developed a fine sense for good food. She couldn't even bear it, no good food was simply just not good for Natalie. She felt on her knees, and started to cry. "...WHAT?!... how come we got no chef!... not good... simply not good.. waaa!"

His eyes zipped around the room to check if any one else was there seeing what he was. "Hey hey hey...... it's alright I'm sure there is a cook... Stop crying.." He moved over to her side twitching to either put his arm around her for comfort or just pace around and wait for her to stop. "Here how bout this we can go check... Lets go see the kitchen and see if there is a cook how bout that?"

"...this is fatal... most critic situation ever... indeed, i am doomed for sure... what i am going to do" - She said loudly... Then she paid attention to Kato, staring, almost gazing to his eyes. "...Well, it wouldn't hurt to give it a check" - then a long sigh interrupted her words - "I'm pretty sure that this cannot be happening". She stood up, dried her tears a little and said softly "but if it's true that we're going to eat processed food everyday, what's gonna happen to me..."

Still pacing nervously and looking around wildly like he might be caught doing something wrong. When she stood back up he rubbed the back of his head and forced a laugh still looking around until he open the door they came in through. "Well lets just go check..." He wanted to call for Suzi to get some help here but didn't want to bother her for something trivial like this.

A relieving smile filled Natalie's lips.It would be the worst if the ship didn't count with a chef, or a cooker, or at least, someone with the enough skill to prepare decent food. She psyched up and nodded to Kato proposal. "Alright, to the kitchen we go!" she said vigorously

Her moods changed sporadically and it was almost as if she were two people. Calm and relaxed now this wasn't the same person that was here just a moment ago but he walked through the door to lead the way to the Scullery and Serving area. "Now don't freak out if there isn't a cook there the crew has a two day break and they might be out for now.." Luckily the Kitchen was close to MINDY Bay 2 just around the corner through the Wardroom.

"But how do you expect me to not freak out if there isn't a cook in the kitchen!... I'm quite hungry, and well, I deserve good food. Every soldier does. Nothing personal, Kat-o, but normal people just do not live from tuna and milk only!" She said with a sarcastic face, even though she actually started to feel confident enough with the sergeant, she noticed she went a little too far. Typical Natalie.

His face was starting to take on a dis-tasteful look at all the cat comments she was throwing at him. He wouldn't have minded so much if she would have said them in a more jokingly manner but she was directly taking pot shots at him. He had done her the favor of keeping his ears out of sight for her sake when he had every right to leave them out but he was trying to be polite. He open the door to the wardroom and pointed across the room to the other doors. "This is where I will have to leave you. The far door leads to the Serving area the closer door leads to the Scullery take your pick, Pilot. I have to get to the Caps office and give him a report on my findings." His ear poked through his hair and they still seemed to be pulled back in a distrustful manner.

"Alrighty Sergeant" - She gave him a wide smile. "Thank you for giving the tour around the Mikomi, and, even that i was expecting to share a meal with you, i took enough of your precious time. Since i am new and all, knowing such an interesting... erm, cat-person like you was far more of the best expectations i had for my arrival. If you need help with something, just give me a call, i will gladly aid you as you did with me today." - She said it with now, some seriousness in her face, but as well still staring his ears. She bowed very courteously to Kato as she said -"Sorry to be a bother all the way" - and then a childish-like laughter suddenly came out of her, giving a more cute-ish look now.

"I'm not a "cat person" I to happen to be Geshin hope that don't come to to much of a shock to ya." He bowed his head slightly still watching her eyes on his ears and shook his head softly as he turned around. "And you should take a picture it lasts longer ma'am." He walked off down the hall to go to the bridge.

"Will do. And thank you again" she said as she watched the sergeant walk away from her.

Ghi was getting a little bored waiting for Tom, so got up, trying to smooth her uniform. An intresting fact was that wearing clothes over fur was actually quite troublesome, it tended to get stuck in the wrong directions and fluf out, although that was the only disadvantage. Now, under the infuluence of the Serenity she had taken, she was happy with her form, cat fur, cat-like teeth, cat-ears, long cat-tail, cat-like agility etc, cat! However she was now hungry, and something told her to get down to the kitchen and find a fish. If they didn't have any she'd probably get Megami-san to produce one in the medbay. If she can make humans, it's a fair bet she can make a fish.

She quickly left a note telling Tom that she'd gone to the kitchen, just in case he came before she had come back, and then strolled down to the serving area, on a whim performing several forward flips and a cart-wheel. Indeed it was good to be a cat. "You're not a cat, you're a pathetic human who wants to be a cat." the voice told her, but she ignored it, as she came to the door to ther Serving area.

As she saw the Blue haired girl she aproached, with the grace of a cat (in her mind everything was cat at the moment), and held out her hand, a smile on her furry face.

"Hello, I'm Ghi, ships medi, and who might you be?"

The sight of the girl completely stunned Natalie. A geshrin with long ears was quite something, but now, a cat in the middle of the serving area was shocking. She tried to stay calm, but was useless. Her expression got injected with anger, her teeth clinched. Her steps got heavier as she started to get closer to the cat-like girl. Yet she didn´t want to get her hands close to her lucky charm, which she believed, that will keep cats away from her. But alas, this belief failed horribly in this case. She just relaxed her hands.

Many things were passing thru Natalie´s head in that moment. Staring at the girl furry face, she opened her mouth like trying to say something, but desisted. She clinched her teeth again since she felt like screaming. But then, she said said "I thought for a second that a experiment escaped from the medbay test tubes... My name is Natalie, and i am a pilot. I just came on the Mikomi today. Now, if you excuse me..."

Roken left the bridge and made his way to the mens' crew quarters to drop his gear. "AI could you direct me to my room if you could?" It was time for him to drop his stuff off, have a look around the ship, and find out where he was going to be placed.

Waiting around the corner a moment until Roken passed since he didn't want to be side tracked again he re-ran the thought of using that room for a lab to make sure nothing was too much of a bother.

Every thing should be fine once I get the walls armored which shouldn't be a problem with the ship's Hemo... but what about whoever has that room next to it.... if know ones there maybe I could get both of them and take the wall down between them... No no no better not do that. He was thinking to himself until he felt it safe to head onto the bridge without being interrupted.

The bridge door hissed open and he stepped through trying to keep his head down since normally eye contact would draw some one to say something to him. He needed to get to the Cap's quarters so he just pretended to be studying something on his data pad. Rounding the room quickly he knocked on Kestrals door gently.

Ghi nodded happily, "Good good, nice to meet you Natalie, welcome to the Mikomi, any time you need something, don't hesitate to ask. Actually you must make an apointment for us to get you an ST backup, we've had enough casualties so far to make a backup a good idea, even if in that one case the ST backup was lost." Ghi smiled, realising she was babbling, but she didn't care, "I suppose my appearance is a little unusual, and I did actually come out of what you might consider a test tube in the medbay, well this body in any case. However from your body language I think I can pick up that you find something disquieting in my apearance? Would you care to tell me what is wrong before you go?" Although Ghi's mind was primarily happy, the pilots repulsion to her body had awoken discord in her. Her voice was cheerfull, but listening hard enough would reveal a hard undertone.

Natalie took a long and deep sigh. The looked at Ghi, with a serious face "It´s ok, i had been through a lot today. I tend to be too honest sometimes. Let´s say i got a bit carried away..." - she said intensifying her serious look at the medic. "And about the ST backup, it can be done any of these days i think, even though it´s possible to you to lost it. Or at least, parting off what you just said." She crossed he arms, and looked away from Ghi for a second, like thinking in something. While in her thought, she added - "Now that you ask me, i felt like ripping your head off when i saw you, but it would be bad to start off a fight everytime i see a cat. It´s more of a personal crusade against the world, more than a personal thing against you." - she turned her head to Ghi with a smile and continued."In any case, doctors are always a good thing, doesn´t they?"

"Always good, yes." Ghi said quickly, her gaze (and her feline eyes), focused on Natalie, "But you felt like ripping my head off? Oh what a wonderfull greeting that would be, you attempting to decapitate me, and I defending myself. But you persecute cats? You attack cats perhaps? Whenever you can? What is wrong with them, may I ask? What is it about felines that you find so offensive that you feel that you must attack someone for the sole reason that they look like a cat? You are on a crusade? A Holy War? To destroy cats? On what authaurity?" Ghi was becoming really quite angry, although for the moment she was managing to hide most of it, although she was flexing her fingers a little, and there was an almost inaudibal growl coming from her throat.

Natalie sensed how the atmosphere started to get more dense now, as her heart started to pump faster with that feeling of joy that brings the sense of incoming battle. That feeling that Natalie loved so much. But as well, she wasn´t expecting to fight anytime soon, and if she did, she would engaged at first sight without saying a word.

She didn´t stopped smiling, not even when Ghi started to interrogate her. As Ghi ended, a small laugh bursted out of Natalie "I don´t feel like giving you any explanations. I was just passing through this hall. In another time, i will gladly answer any of your questions, and i hate to say it, but there´s things i must do right now." "Now, if you excuse me.." - She started to walk away from Ghi, hating the fact of avoiding the battle, but as well making the good choice to leave it for later. The first day has been long, and Natalie hadn´t the chance to think about it at all. And having a battle would only make things even more weird than they already are...

Ghi gave a low growl, and made here way into the serving area, before lying down on one of the table "You should have attacked her when you had the chance you know." the Voice reasoned, "And then she sneaked away, cowardly, you where outwitted by a coward!". Ghi gave silent thanks to whatever greater being/s there where that she'd taken Serenity earlier, or she'd have probably been forced to rip the poor girls throat out. But what she had said about cats ... it made Ghi's blood boil, and images flashed in front of her eyes of Natalie ripped open, slumped in a corner. Ghi shook her head violently, she would prevent that if she was able, she would stand up to the Voice. But she didn't know if she could stop it if Natalie said something about cats. She really didn't know.

Ghi sighed, saddened ironicly for Natalie, and her stuborn belief that cats where some form of evil. That she could not understand the grace, the beauty, the intelligance, the overall perfection of cats caused Ghi both pity and outrage. In any case she managed to find a fish, and enjoyed it greatly. Raw, and washed down with a glass of milk. A truely refreshing meal.

Natalie headed to the room that Suzi pointed to her ealier. In any case, a lot happened to her in relatively short time, and she wanted to think about it. Settling down and leave her big backpack was a good idea too, since the copious sound of stuff in her back was really annoying her.

She noticed that the Mikomi was really good equipped to be a small ship, relatively. The AI seemed very helpful, and that cheered her. There's nothing can gain Natalie's trust at first sight, but Suzi was the first exception, as well. So far, Natalie had a lot of expectatives in the Mikomi and it's crew, parting from the point that it almost gets destroyed in its last battle. Or at least, that's a part of what the captain said to her in the brief history of it.

She stood at the front of the door of her appointed room. Took a small sigh and stepped in. "Hello, excuse me, im coming in. I'm Natalie, nice to meet you" - she said without even knowing if someone was inside, as well she didn't really focus on searching...

Saeki bolted from the bridge, running in an odd gallop on all fours. She sped down the hall at unnatural speeds, squealing the whole time as she made a beeline for her quarters.

Everytime she passed someone, she shouted in a high pitched voice "A un endroit où il ne vous gênera pas! Je suis Napoleon!" and deftly avoided them.

Finally, skidding into her quarters, she did a somersault and came up in a combat stance crouch, growling threateningly to no one in particular.

Ghi was disturbed from her meal by the shouting, and decided (after swallowing the last piece of fish), to check it out. And so she strode casually out of the kitchen to find Saeki.

"Alright, what's up with you? And what the hell is a Nap-oly-mon?" She asked the growling Saeki. She herself adjusted her weight onto the back foot although subtly, and prepared for an attack. She was surprised by Saeki's behavior, and didn't trust it. She thought the language she was speaking might be French, but really wasn't sure. Ancient languages, due to them being almost unspoken for millenia, was not hers, or mostly anyones, speciality.

"I 'unno" She said quietly, relaxing and diving under the bed. She crawled beneath it easily, pausing for a moment, then pulling out a large duffel bag.

She threw it up onto the bed and then flopped down next to it, unzipping it and peering inside. It was jam-packed with various things, most of which were out of sight. An arm went into the bag, rummaging for a moment...

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back