• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [YSS Mikomi] A Short Break

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghi was lying in her room, pleasantly ignorant of the rest of the world, as the effect of Serenity enfused her. It had been a hideosly hard week, ship battles, fights against hideous Mishu, flights over the field of Armaggedon, as well as believing that the Mikomi had been destroyed. That in itself was enough to justifyably wear out Ghi, but the problem was that the voice was growing louder, more insistant. The effects of Calma and Serenity where have less and less effect; even now she could hear a murmering at the back of her skull. However this didn't worry Ghi, nothing did, stuck as she was in a drug enduced state, content and pleased with the world, knowing that if she wasn't, she'd probably snap.

Saeki did a somersault off the shuttle, skipping across the bay and into the Mikomi. She was wearing fresh new clothes, as her old ones were still on her old body...wherever that was. They had never told her why they'd made an ST backup and cloned her...maybe because she got shot?

She had been released with a clean..-ish bill of health, and was now back to roaming around the Mikomi, humming. She gnawed at a whole grapefruit as she idly flitted about the ship.

"Saeki, your ok. That's great, and you look really healthy. Can you report to the bridge, you have a short break. Kestral has to speak to you about it first though." Suzi smiled, she like Saeki and the grapefruit she was eating also look nice, but that was just a quick though. "See you later."

"Thank you that should be everything," Roken said to the hologram he grabbed his gear and decided to speak to the commander instead. Roken stepped into the bridge hoping the commander was there.

"YESSUH!" She shouted enthusiastically and sprinted through the ship, taking big bites of grapefruit as she ran down the hall.

She arrived on the bridge, skidding across the floor slightly as she came to a long stop, taking a positively huge bite of grapefruit.

"Mmm...Shaeki rheporting fo' duty!"

Stepping onto the bridge he was running some ideas through his mind out loud but barley audible by the rest of the room. Standing in the same place he was just a while earlier near the back of the bridge closest the door he muttered some last thoughts about a "Skipper Class Torpedo" that he would put on a list of things to try and create while he was aboard the Mikomi.

"Sergeant Kato Tanaka Reporting as ordered Sir." He gave the regular salute which he didn't do in the previous encounter since he had come in slightly late and didn't want to disrupt the meeting. One ear tilted toward the Captain the other seemed to fix itself on the entrance way listening for the rest of the new recruits if there were any to present themselves.

Roken was surprised when the neko female rushed in, he stept to his left and set his bag down and stood at attention "Roken Techard reporting for duty." he also noticed another Geresin...or neko he didnt know much about either species and just assumed that he was neko.

Tom, filled with newfound merriment, thought about his dating options. Two names fell on his mind: Saeki and Ghi. Both were freakin' awesome ideas, but the Geshrin had found a degree of comfort with the ship's medic. Besides, they'd both come out of the battle and that meant one thing: opportunity for Paso Doble! He knocked on her door gently.

The sound of the knock fell upon Ghi's ears, and she smiled gently, finding the sound pleasing. "Come in." She said in a sing song manner. She was feeling really peaceful and happy, lying on her bed, calmly feeling time rush past here like a cleansing river. It was doing its best to get rid of all the blemishes that had accumulated on her, all the concerns, the anguish, the pain. It didn't stand a chance of actually getting rid of them, but it did seem to rob them of their sting for the moment.

Opening the door quickly and springing in with a playful two-step hop, Tom spread his arms out. "Hellooooo Ms. Ghi the-cat-with-nine-lives! I hear you managed to escape the whole nuclear bomb thingamajic and, if I do say so myself, that is quite a good reason for some celebration!"

Ghi smiled more, the ever lively Tom. "What better reason for celebration is continued existence?" She asked, "But how do you suggest we celebrate our close encounter with Armageddon?" Moving her legs she left a space on the bed for Tom to sit down on. The room was very neat, going back to Ghi's belief that to be like a cat would be to keep both her and her living space spotless.

Tom slid into the open spot, quickly folding one leg and clasping his hands, resting them over the leg very sophisticated-like. Sophistication rocked. "Yes, yes, Ghi, continued existence is quite a wonderful thing, but there are more pressing matters! Do you not remember the promises of dance that were given upon successful completion of this mission? I do believe that we have met the aforementioned requirements, my dear lady!"

"I remember it well Tom, I'm not feeling really like strenuous activity at the moment. But find a place with room, and I'll dance with you, it would be my honor." Ghi smiled sardonically, her tail wrapped around her legs for some reason.

"Well, that is superb news, Ghi! However, it would not be very sophisticated of me to ask you to dance right now. Dancing is something that comes after a good period of fun and relaxation, perhaps after dinner and a movie?" Tom asked with a wink. Super smoooooothhhhh.

"Dinner? I don't think I've eaten in the last few days actually, and as such I'm quite peckish. And a movie sounds great. Very romantic. Do you have a date and time planned for this?" Ghi laughed quietly, she was looking forward to this, "And any particular movie planned?"

"Well, usually it's about at this point that I have nothing new to go on because, well, I usually expect rejection. HOWEVER, that does not mean I cannot improvise the best case scenario!" Tom hopped out of the seat and turned to her with a bow. "I am at your service in regard to what time you'd like to have this date. I do guarantee that I will have adequate improvised preparations when we head out."

"Oh I'm fine anytime really. Now, next hour, tomorrow, next week. I'm fine. Although you might want to make it as soon as possible so I don't make other plans." She thought that her planning something else was unlikely but, well she felt like saying it, "And so the ball is firmly back in your court good sir. I wait to be amused by your improvisational ability." Ghi smiled reassuringly.

"Well then, Ms. Ghi, I leave you to make preparations for our date. Nothing fancy now. We'll be as casual as can be. I'm going to run around like a madman for about an hour and I'll come pick you up in about two?"

"That sounds great Mr. Tom. I'll be waiting, maybe I'll even doll myself up." Ghi closed her eyes and continued smiling.

Tom hadn't waited for a reply. He was already out the door before Ghi finished her last sentence. Way to ask for a date without preparing for it at all, dumbass.

Candide Neka finally had his room set up to his liking, magazines of his favorite mechanics in the courner(those that were left anyways), a bed, didn't matter what kind, he could sleep on a pile of bricks. This was good since all of his other stuff was blown up on the other ship during the battle... almost all of his precious magazines.

The young Geshrin decided to go around end explore the ship, after all he'd need to know every inch of the deployment areas in case of battle.

Natalie´s usual nap was interrupted by the communicator, as usual. She sluggishly rolled in the bed from that sound she hated so much, but as usual, it cannot be helped. A furious swing with a pillow finally silenced the evil sound, bringer of good news. Even though, they were expected.

After a big yawn, she finally decided to read the message... Her eyes shined as she was reading the subject, just like a little amused puppy, just before she screamed out loud, becuase of the joy. The call of duty was long awaited for Natalie, after so much training, finally at last she gets her chance to display all her technique on real live combat. Something bothered her at the same time of thinking about that, while looking down the floor and her hand caressing her right cheek. "But is gonna be diferent!" she said all out loud to the ceiling. Grabbing the backpack she already prepared, quickly fixing her messy hair and giving a confident smile to the mirror, she left the room hugging her precious lucky charm.

A silly dance of joy followed the path to the Mikomi, the ship she was ordered to report, got even more childish as she was approvaching it. She just couldn´t stop of daydream about epic battles all around the deep space, as she were to conquer the whole universe. And she really was enjoying it.

Finally, at the Mikomi. A cold, electrifying shiver got down all Natalie´s spine. The sight of the ship she was expecting for, was obviosly spoiled by the Mikomi´s. A deep sigh filled her lungs with reality again, her heart at the expectative. She really didn´t read the whole message before, and the communicator, well, suffered a little breakdown after being heavily damaged by a pillow... she noticed that as soon she brought the device out. But, it deserved it - she thought.

Knowing nothing about where to now, she entered the ship. The most obvious choice was to go right to the chief, and the chiefs are in the bridge, as well the bridges are at the top of the ships. "Usually" - she said when she finished that thought. Natalie lifted her face up, and started walking inside the ship.

"Saeki?" Kestral jumped up moving forward he hugged the young girl. He was so happy to see her, especially in her good mood. In all the dark he needed some light, and this was defiantly the light. "Don't salute me. How are you doing? Is this your new clone? Very posh." He smiled, he felt like he was talking to an old friend that he hadn't seen in an age. In actually fact Saeki and him hadn't spoken all that much, they had been in a little battle with the Mishu and Candide, and that is when you find friends, in the worst times. So Kestral concluded that she was defiantly a friend as well a colleague.

Kestral turned round as another person walked through the door. Ah the guy he had seen earlier. "You don't have to salute me, I'm Kestral Bowman as I said earlier. Kato, yes I read your file. Engineer of types. Well it's good to have you on board, for the next two days, I need you to help Suzi with everything she asks, engineering wise. As most of the crew will be away. Is there anything you would like to ask?" He felt he had to bring his spirits down as he could talk to the new crew like how he had just spoken to Saeki. He was still happy though and was beaming inside.

He had ordered a general notice for all new crew to report to the bridge, they certainly where doing that, while he had been speaking to Kato another man had walked in and announced himself as Roken Techard. "Stand down, no formality at the moment." He smiled; he was saying the same thing over and over again. "Now there is much you will be needing to do, but if Suzi asks for help please do you up most to help. I'm not sure that you know what is happening with the crew, so I will tell you. They...We have just come back from Tami, where we fought the Mishu; I have given the crew a two day break. I will be running the ship still. Have you got anything to ask?" Kestral asked.

Suzi watched the girl walk on to the ship. "Hi, I'm Suzi, the ship's AI, how can I help you?" She appeared in front of the girl and on appeared produced a big smile.

He stepped forward nodding his head to everything that was said. "Yeah that's fine I'm already beginning to like Suzi, she's quiet amusing." He smiled warmly before he cleared his throat and tried to take on a more serious demeanour. "After this is all said and done do you think you could supply me with a research and development lab on board somewhere? I was specific in my request that I would be allowed access to a lab for my use."

Kestral turned round to face Kato. "Well there is a problem with space on the ship." Kestral replied. He wasn't sure what this was all about. "What would this lab be used for?" Kestral asked. He was only slightly interested.

"Oh this lab would be for me to develop and research weaponry that could be used to the Empires advantage." His eyes shifted around the bridge as if trying to monitor the other peoples reaction toward him. Tilting his ears back and forth looking for a suitable location to pick up everything that would be said or muttered. "And I also had a request form that I gave to Suzi to be sent to the 5th Fleet for a certain item."

Kestral raised an eyebrow. "You didn't answer my question. What will you be building in this lab then?" Kestral was now interested in what he was saying. He had his full attention, all tiredness had disappeared in an instance.

"Well it all depends on what ideas come to me first really. I'd like to send a request to Start Army Personal if they would allow me some materials to build a new Torpedo I had in mind. If I can't work on that or in the time I'm not working on it I'd like work on the EMP-P1A that I am requesting from 5th Fleet."

"I'm not sure that I could allow this on such a small ship. There is not much room as it is, where would you say we put this lab?" Kestral questioned. He had heard about the EMP-P1A from the 5th Fleet. he wasn't sure that this would work or even if he could have a lab on his ship.

"Well Med-Lab's are supposed to double as a science lab but I doubt I could fit a torpedo casing in there. But I won't be needing to build the whole warhead of the Torpedo I'm just going to be working on it's guidance and propulsion systems." His brow creased some as if he were thinking hard on something.

Kestral frowned. The meddy lab was needed badly, as he had seen in the last mission. "The meddy bay can not be used, that is a section of the ship which is vital, due to the fact that we are in constant battle. I'm not sure that we can occupy this lab you want, do you have any other suggestion?" Kestral asked, this idea was not going to happen, it was way to difficult to organize, and where would it go?

"Well.... more of the larger experiments would be taken place in the MINDY bays and if I needed to test something potently dangerous I'd just get in a AMES and take it to space, but if your hard pressed for room in the med lab then are there any empty room close by it? I'd just need one or so and just clear out the furniture and set up some desks and shelves."

Kestral nodded. he wasn't sure how they where going to get around this though, there just wasn't enough room. "I'm not sure on space though, if you find a room, feel free to use it. Go and have a look. Then tell me. Though I don't want this to disturb any of the other crew." Kestral followed this trail of though, bombs right, they where loud if they went of. Oh this could be such a bad idea.

"You won't have to worry to much at first I don't think. If I get that Hand gun that the 5th Fleet has I won't need to work with anything to dangerous for the most part it sounds like an anti-Nep weapon.. well anti robotics at least." His hand rose and pushed back a few locks of the blond hair behind the fox colored Neko ears. "I just don't think the guys in the bunk room would like me tinkering around with things that could go off, to crowded a room. So if Suzi comes along with me to state what's what I should be fine."

"I think I would like you to asses all the pros and con's with different room, and then come back to me with your own idea. Please don't get Suzi into this, she has a lot of work she is already doing. This can be your order's then for the next day and a half." Kestral saluted, and walked
back over to Saeki as they hadn't finished their conversation.

Kato saluted back turned around spotted some of the new faces and noted to himself to familiarize himself with the profiles of the new recruits. His ears were twitching like mad from the talk and what seemed to be a strand of his hair tickling at his left ones tip. "Alright then... lets start out with locations around the med bay...." He was more talking to himself rather then any one near him while he walked off the bridge.

Natalie stared the AI's big smile for some seconds. Probably a welcome party could be too much, even in her daydreaming, when entering the ship she was ordered to report. Maybe an heroic entrance in the mid of a fierce battle could be more suitable, but that was not going to happen too. The smile suprised Natalie more than anything that she could expect for entering the Mikomi. She put her lucky charm in her waistbelt scabbard, which was halfway unsheated as she noticed, problably from the impression of the smile. As she wondered why she did that, she looked to the AI again and bowed courteously.

"Hello Suzi. I am the Soldier Natalie Dawning reporting for duty". She said with a smile filled with shame. "I beg you a pardon for being rude. I was ordered to report to this ship, the Mikomi, and i would like to see the ..." Natalie stopped suddendly. She looked down to her communicator, shaked it twice, and tried to turn it on. But no response...

Holding the device with both hands, she crashed it to the floor. A weak light appeared from the communicator. "Alright" - she whispered joyfully. Quickly reviewed the orders, stood up again, and continued talking to Suzi as she bowed again to her. "I would like to see the Chusa Kestral Bowman in the bridge. Would you please show me the way to him?

Suzi carried on smiling. "Yeah sure." She produced a holographic map in front of Natalie and placed a red dot where the bridge is, and a blue dot where her room is. "There you go miss. I have also pin pointed your room on the map. You will be with the other women of the ship." Suzi smiled again, but not so big this time as it had looked like she had scared the girl last time. "Anything else miss?" Suzi asked. She was in a happy mood and felt like helping everyone.

Saeki squealed and threw her arms around Kestral, purring deeply as she held him tight. Out of everyone on the ship, Kestral seemed the warmest and most inviting to her. "I'm good thank you!! How are you!?" She half-shouted, at one point practically in Kestral's arms, her legs wrapped about his waist with a big wild grin on her face.

Kestral jumped back as Saeki jumped on top of him. "I'm good thank you. So you have a tow day break now.l Get gone, have some fun." He smiled at her. He was so glad she was ok. After loosing Lori he could really take another death on the ship. He gave her another hug.

"Thank you. Knowing where´s my room and the bridge is good enough for me. Ill head to the red spot where the cap´n is. See ya!" She winked saying that, as she hasted her way into the ship. Natalie didnt really care if the AI said something after that.

Almost running, she headed to the bridge. After Suzi showed her the way to the captain, Natalie didn´t have much trouble over finding it. If people spoke to her, she didnt care. The only thing on her mind was the captain. The orders of the captain, that´s it.

"Found it!" She smiled and clapped loudly. She took a deep breath and stepped inside the bridge.

"Soldier Natalie Dawning reporting for duty sir!!" She saluted. "I´m ready to go whenever you like sir!!". "To kick asses, that´s it!!" - she nodded as she finished the sentence...

(This is Rei's post. I am sorry, had a problem, and had to post it myself.)

Eve had been wandering Uesureyan Fields for some time. After walking from the bays, she found herself a console, and quickly obtained an appointment with the SAINT officer on duty. "Appointment confirmed, Sergeant Yamazaki." chimed the console.

"I'm umm..sorry?" she asked the machine. "Go Star Army!" was it's reply, before clearing to the login screen. I might as well find out at a logistics spot before getting to SAINT. I have some time... The Geshrin teen flagged down a passing crew ground effect transport, and hopped off five minutes later, in front of an empty supply depot. An exceptionally bored looking Geshrin soldier sat behind the counter. Along the walls were various bins and cubbys containing standard issue clothing.

"Do you need something?" he asked the blue-haired girl.

"Yes, umm..I think I need a new rank pin." she replied, slipping her IDENT into the reader built into the desk. The man glanced at his screen. "Oh. You outrank me...congratulations. It also seems your type 28 was lost in..the defense of Tami? You survived that, huh? Must have been exciting. No more 'Mish to kill anymore, and here I am.." he grumbled, walking to the pin cubbies and shuffling around in boxes for a while. He returned with the rank pin, and set it down. Hitting an acknowledgement on his screen, he updated the rank on her IDENT. "W-wow...no one told me. I guess this is a start." she smiled akwardly. The brown haired main didn't bother to return it. "Oh. The gun, right. Listen..they said you can have a 10mm kind too. I'll have it sent to the...Mikomi?"

Yamazaki nodded, as he got up and entered a door to his left. In a minute or so, he returned with a fresh type 28 NSP, and set it with an extra magazine in front of Eve, along with three ribbons. A faint smile showed as he did. The girl was just pinning her new rank on when she saw them. "Oh..I had to rescue my NCOIC...wow..I didn't know they knew about that." she reddened slightly. The man's posture straightened slightly in his chair as Eve pocketed her ribbons and holstered her new weapon. "Enjoy the celebration, Sergeant." he called after her as she exited.

After walking for another ten minutes, Eve arrived at the Star Army Intelligence center on Uesureyan Fields. Upon entering, the NH-17 behind the desk smiled. "Sergeant Yamazaki? Please go down the hall, room 146 please." and looked back to her display. It's quiet.. she thought, walking past several doors before knocking. She retrieved the disc, and clutched it in her left hand and she pressed the key next to the door.

"Come in, Sergeant." came a cool male voice. The althletic girl entered as the door opened. The office was sparsely decorated, save for some standard desk clutter, and the chair in front of the wood paneled desk. Behind it sat a Yamataian man, with short green hair. The pin he wore was standard, that of a Taii. "Sir. Sergeant Yamazaki, reporting." she stood in front of the chair.

"Yes, at ease sergeant. Have a seat. What is it that you needed to report to SAINT?" he asked in the same tone in which he had answered the door.

"I was on Tami sir, recon in a Kylie." she sat down. "I was ordered across a ghost of a settlement, and that's when I came upon a gigantic Misshu power armor, with some sort of..long energy weapon. Sensors didn't manage to record anything signifigant, but I managed to get a visual reading before it just ummm..dissappeared. I wasn't sure if the crew had been infected in my absence, but something told me I should keep quiet until I returned home."

"Well..that is an interesting story. Did you wipe the data on the Kylie?" he asked, reaching out for the disc container as pilot offered it. He looked at either side, and set it on his desk.

"Yes I did sir." she responded curtly.

"Good. You are not to speak of this to anyone without proper authorization. Congratulations again on your promotion." he hinted already knowing about her entire dossier. "Thank you, dismissed." he exhaled. Eve rose and saluted, and promptly left the building when it was returned by the intelligence operator. Once outside she exhaled very loudly. Finally! That man was creepy! she mused. I guess I should get in touch with Mom. she lingered outside the building, thinking about what to do with all her leave time. Occassionally someone would stare at her a moment, and keep walking. Except it was her insignia, not her eyes most of the soldiers focused on.

Kestral turned away from Saeki as soon as he saw another soldier walk in. "He wasn't sure what all this was about, they had received a lot of staff since they got back, and seemed to be getting more as the time went by, he didn't mind though. The more the merrier." Kestral walked over to the women. "Chusa Kestral Bowman, but formality isn't an issue at the moment. Natalie it's good to meet you.â€

She noded as she shaked her captain´s hand vigorously, and took her time at watching to his eyes as he speaked. And probably didnt hear a single word of what the captain just said.

She was kind of hypnotized, but even herself didn´t know about what.

"Any Questions?" brought her mind back to reality. She noded again to the captain and whispered a "um...", "not really". "I´ll... i´ll just go around my room until you call me for duty, sir." - she said while clinching her teeth. Grabbed her katana scabbard tighly, bowed to the captain and turned to the door. "Thank you for receiving me sir, i´ll be on my way now. Excuse me." Then she marched out of the room slowly, like expecting for something.

After some time he was looking at the rooms across from the Med bay.

"Bath room, Toilets, and.... Officers quarters room two... But is it taken...."

He wanted to call for Suzi but remembered she was going to be busy so thought other wise to check the old fashion way. Taking in a deep breath he put away the data pad and walked over to the door and knocked on it hard. "Hello anyone in there?" After a moment of silence he knocked once more then keyed open the door and poked his head in ears turning this way and that to find signs of breathing or snoring. After being satisfied he stepped in and took a look around checking to see if there were any clothes in the drawers. Pleased again to find nothing he went to the walls on the sides to check there sturdiness. Rapping on them then checking the size of the room to make sure he could afford putting a foot or so more plating on them for more protection to the ship.

"This should be alright.. just get rid of the beds and bolt down some desk and shelves after we get the room properly shielded. Only problem is i don't think whoever has the room next to this will be very... hospitable to being woken up by the booms and the engineering that would take place in here. And..." He checked the other wall again the one that shared the bathroom area. "if I cause to much damage to this wall I might cause the toilets to stop working... which I'd have to fix." He made a nasty gaging face at the thought of doing toilet repair.

"Well I should check with the cap to make sure it's alright to use this then find out what repairs I could start on now to help Suzi out." He took a last look around the room and left to go back to the Bridge his ears finally settled to a normal position of constant alertness.

Kestral watched her leave he couldn't take his eyes of her for a few seconds. There was something about her. The blue hair, about the same size as him...he wasn't sure what it was though. He turned around finally and walked over to Saeki. "See you when you get back. Have a good time.â€

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back