• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [YSS Mikomi] Arrival/Settling Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghi stood up with a flourish.

"Hello everybody, I'm Ghi, Ghi To, a Geshrin. If you haven't already guessed, I love cats. They're so small, cute, and lovely. They're perfect." A glazed look went over her eyes, insulting cats now would be a very good way of dying, "And I'm a medic, I do love helping people, healing people. In grown toe nails in particular, they can be a real bother. And I dislike grapefruits. They give me a headache."

She sat down heavily and played with one of her ears.

After clearing through the protocols for docking Nyton guided his PHALANX into the port side Armor bay. He eased it in, settling down near one of the maintenance pods. He quickly removed his luggage from one of the storage pockets of the Anti-Projectile Shield and set it down on the bay floor before going through his shut down and storage checklist.

Nyton finally emerged from the PHALANX wearing his pilot uniform and proceeded to pick up his belongings. He looked around the bay, trying to scan for any signs of his crew mates. "Hello? Is there anyone in the bay?" he asked aloud, checking with his thermal sight for anyone. "I guess not. AI, can you give me the current status of the crew and would you add one M1 PHALANX to the ship's Armor inventory." he said, giving the serial number for the Armor.

Cocking an eyebrow at the captain's suggestion to disregard formality, Lori nevertheless maintained the stiff countenance of an overstarched shirt.

Realizing the time had come for introductions, she turned to the assembled crew. "I am Chui Lori Narui and this ship's executive officer. I trust that you all will comport yourselves with the courage, professionalism, and dedication to duty that has become the tradition of the Star Army. Anything less is unaccepable."

Turning on a heel, she saluted the captain. "If you'll excuse me, sir, I believe there are certain ship pre-launch and provisional checks that I should be attending to."

Suzi appeared next to the man with the PHALANX. "Hi, I'm the AI. There are five members of the crew on the ship at the moment, you are now the sixth, they are all in the recreation room. The commander is speaking to them. I'll will put your PHALANX away, you can make your way there." The AI performed a few short tasks and the PHALANX was away.

Kestral stood up quickly, the smile on his face faded. "Chui Lori Narui, will you please tell us a little bit about yourself. There is also nothing to prepare yet, as we haven't got our orders. So take a seat after speaking and listen to the rest of what has got to be said." Kestral sat back down a looked at Lori. He didn't like getting angry, and especially at his second in command. She looked nice, but a little up tight, that was something he would have to change slightly.

Eve had almost laughed when the Personal Officer handed her the transfer papers. The ship wasn't so far away, on the oppisite end of the Starbase from her location. She had enough time to get new uniforms from the aquisitions center on base. She wasn't sure if she was supposed to be wearing her 4th Fleet Insignia already, but they had given her it when she showed the attendants her orders. Her large standard issue bag was just heavy enough to make walking around a chore. She caught a ride with some crew headed back to a launch in the vicinity of the docking ports for smaller vessles.

"Lucky me..." she thought nervously as she dragged her bag to the terminal connected to the port side of the ship. Taking one last glance at the exterior of the ship through the window slits, and shouldering her bag with a "Hmmf!" she stepped to the sentry terminal, held up the info-pad with her orders, and walked through the opening door down the corridor, eventually finding herself at the end of a short hallway.

"Hello there. I'm the AI, other wise know as Suzi. How can I be of assistance?" came a voice from nowhere. Eve stared down at her new light blue uniform and insignia for a moment, before responding.
"Soilder First Class, Eve Yamazki. Whom should I report to, the Commander first, or my Armor NCOIC?" the girl asked, remembering some schematics of this particular design somewhere, and hoping that the pilot's barracks would feel more like home than they would have in testing.

Suzi didn't feel like appearing this time. "Well, at the moment all of the crew and the commander are in the recreation room. I suggest that you make your way to there, as they have been talking for about ten minute now, you don't want to miss it. Go down the hall and turn left, it's the first door. If you want anything, don't esitate to ask."

Eve nodded to the omnipresent voice of the ship, and adjusted the strap of the bag, only over her right shoulder. Still gripping the info-pad in her left hand, she made her way down the hall towards the Recreation Room. "This is it...your first duty assignment! I can't mess up at the beginning. Remember your reporting procedure, even if it in the recreation room for some reason. Don't. Screw. Up." she thought to herself.

Making sure her sidearm was still at the proper place for the class of uniform with her half-full left hand, she stepped through the door to where the rest of the crew had already gathered. Scanning the room for a male officer, she spotted the only one. "Here goes nothing." the young girl thought, before walking two and a half paces in front of where the Ensign sat. Dropping her bag with an uncerimonious thud on the ground, she offered a salute, half-stretching her left arm out with the info-pad copy of her orders.
"Ittô Hei Eve Yamazaki reporting as ordered, sir." stood waiting, luckily remembering to use the formal pronunciation of rank for reporting procedures.

Kestral looked away from Lori, another girl had come through the door. Kestral stood up. "No need to salute, don't need formality, yet. Well as you have just come in, you can go before Chui Lori. All you have to do is introduce yourself and say a bit about you. Go for it." Kestral sat back down and eyed the young girl. There where now five girls and two guys. He wasn't complaining though.

Turning her head slightly to one side, and dropping her salute, Eve nodded. "Is he testing me? Forget it. Say something and go sit down." she contemplated, putting her left hand back at her side. She made a point not to look around too much. "Aye sir. My name is Eve Yamazaki. Currently Soldier First Class. I was training here on base, this is my first duty assignment. I'm hoping we can get an M3 delievered before we get underway. I do various things in my freetime, I hope to become a worthy pilot for the Mikomi." she finished. The young soldier quickly spotted an empty seat, and dragged her bag by the strap to it before sitting down. Her attention went to the older looking woman. Still a bit curious as to why the report date had turned out like this, she silently wondered if the others could tell how old she was by the sound of her voice. I wonder if they even want these orders? came another thought of the info-pad she still held in her left hand.

Saeki lounged back in her chair and relaxed, humming very quietly to herself as she listened to everyone introduce themselves and so forth and so on.

Truth be told she was only half paying attention, the other half of her brain was lost in a daydream...about hats...big hats. She loved hats.

"Oooh...thats a nice hat. Its all big and frilly...I wonder how much longer this will take? I wanna go shower..." She thought idly, crossing her legs and stifling a yawn.

Nyton nodded to Suzi and hoisted his duffel bag. "Thank you ma'am. I will go ahead and meet with everyone." he replied. After confirming the location of the recreation room with the ship map he walked out of the Armor bay.

Upon arrival at the recreation room Nyton entered, walked to the gathered crew, set down his duffel bag, stood at attention and saluted. "Master Sergeant Nyton Claymere reporting." he said, adding 'sir' to the end of his sentence after confirming the commander was male when he found the Taisa rank pin on Kestral's uniform.

Kestral listened, Eve had seemed very nervous, he did feel a little bad, it's not nice walking into a room and having to draw everyone's attention on to yourself. Kestral stood up, "Ok it's my turn." He thought. Then suddenly another person came in, this time it was a man. He announced himself and Kestral felt another urge of angry. "Argh, why must they be so up tight, ok fair enough they think they are being polite, it's getting annoying though, they are just acting as they have been told to. Calm down Kestral!" Kestral repositioned himself. "Hello come in. Stand down. Right as you have just arrived would you like to say a few word about yourself and what you like, hobbies and all." Kestral walked over to his seat once again. "How many more people are going to come?" Kestral thought.

Nyton nodded and looked around at the crew, recording faces to his memory booster for better recognition. "Very well. Like I said, my name is Nyton Claymere. I'm an Armor pilot and this is my second ship assignment. The last ship I was on fought at Hoshi just recently so I've seen some combat. I am 18 years old, born and raised on Neplesplia. I enjoy studying tactics and warfare. I plan on becoming the top Strategist for the Empire someday." he said quickly but steadily. After he finished he spotted an open chair and sat down, setting his gear on the floor next to him. Nyton allowed himself to relax on the chair slightly while he continued his casual observations to pick up any interesting nuances of his new crew mates.

Kestral stood up. He had listened to all of the other shipmates and liked what they had to say about themselves. They all seemed nice. Kestral walked over to the front of the room. "Right well you have all told me and your fellow ship mates about yourselves. So I guess I should tell you about my self. "I'm Chui Kestral Bowman. I'm 28 years old. I like to have a laugh with people and I like to speak to people, have interesting conversations. When I meet a group of people I like to get to know them all equally. I joined the cadets when I was seventeen, I was then in the infantry for six years, then a month after I turned twenty seven I was given my first orders to command a star ship. I have captained two ships previously before I was assigned to this ship. I am hoping we have a great adventure and work together well. Right, I think that is all." Kestral smiled he was very satisfies with the little speech he had just made. "Any questions before I let you explore the ship?" Kestral asked. He looked in to the faces of the crew.

Saeki humm'd and listened to what the Captain had to say, her fantasies of hats and also grapefruit disappearing quickly.

"Captain? Erm...may I have a word with you in private after this?"

Tom spoke up.

"Yeah, I gotta question, captain," he said. "What's the game plan? Are we up for some big-league space adventure? I'd love to be part of an epic voyage through the stars."

The geshrin shifted his position in his seat, resting a single boot on the edge of the table. He was totally engrossed in the converation and felt at ease with the captain.

He was also definately among the lowest ranked people on the ship, so he wanted to get as comfortable as possible before the actual mission started. He'd soon be getting a lot of orders from all over the place...

"How much down time do we have before we set off? I take it that my job is to keep this ship functional once we get going. What're our shifts going to be like?"

Lori didn't so much as flinch at the captain's orders, she turned back to the captain before speaking.

"Something about myself, sir? Very well. As my psychological profile will agree with me, I am very 'close-mouthed' and 'prone to avoiding discussion on matters pretaining to herself'. I don't mean that as a disrespectful undermining of your authority, sir, but am merely carrying out your request that I provide input on myself. Further information on myself is readily accessible on the ship's personnel banks."

Sitting down, she put her hands on the table and waited to see what else would happen.

Nyton waited for Kestral to finish answering the first barrage of questions before asking his own question. "Were you in Armor infantry or ground based infantry? Either way, if you have time later I would like to hear more about your experiences in the field."

Finally waiting long enough for most of the crew to get questions answered, Eve piped up. "Sir, will we be able to get an M3 before we get under way? I'm afraid I don't quite fit into a Mindy..." she trailed off, trying not to look into the cold eyes of the XO.

Kestral stood there for a few seconds, surprisingly questions began to role in. Saeki was the first, "Yes if course you can. Do remember though that you can speak to Lori as well, she is my XO."

Tom was the next to speak, "Well Tom, as I have said, I'm not to sure, though I would love it to be a great space adventure, and we can do our best to make it one, how about that? Well, I'd say we have about half a day before we get going, it will go quick, so get all your stuff read for the voyage, I also give you permission to leave the ship now, if you need to get stuff from anywhere. Yes Tom that is your job. I haven't spoken to Leoni in private about this yet, so I will get back to you on that one, if that's ok?"

Kestral was glad people where relaxing now, and was beginning to enjoy himself. "I was infantry based Nyton. Ah yes one of the story you'll get before bed." Kestral chuckled. "Yeah of course I tell you all about it, but not right now." Kestral was surprised people where so interested, he was very glad with his choice of crew, he couldn't wait to get into space, and have that adventure Tom kept talking about.

Suzi suddenly appeared, "Your M3 is on its way, it will be here in a couple of hours, long before we leave. She disappeared again. "Thank you Suzi." Kestral called out. "Oh and if you haven't meat her, that's are AI, another important addition to the team.

"Anything else?" Kestral asked. "If not, you can leave and have a look round, check your experiment. "Saeki, ask away."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back