• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [YSS Mikomi] Arrival/Settling Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ghi didn't really have any questions she wanted to ask here. She simply sat content and stared into peoples eyes randomly. She was really happy to be here.

"No she wasn't, she shouldn't be in space, she shouldn't be part of a team, cats worked alone, cat's where on planets. Be a cat!" Part of her was saying, and she actively told it to shut up. She wanted to crawl into a corner and whimper, strange situations, new people, terrifying.

"If I can be excused sir?" She didn't wait for a reply as she ran to her room, slamming the door behind her for what she needed. She could feel the panic rising in her, the tears, and pain. She found it, and took the small metal cylinder to her lips, pouring down the concoction.

Almost immediatly she felt the drug take hold, calming her, supressing the panic and the pain. She sat down on the bunk and felt empty, drained, a void opened in her heart and she felt all of her emotions flooding away, leaving her nothing but a shell. How sad, how pathetic am I?

Nyton smiled and nodded to Kestral. "Thank you sir. I'll go ahead and stow my gear before taking a look around." Standing up and picking up his gear, he then proceeded out towards the crew quarters, giving a quick acknowledgement greeting to everyone who was still present. As Nyton walked to the quarters section he thought about his crewmates. 'Interesting group we have here. I was definately late for the group get together. I'll have to ask Suzi if she could fill me in on what I missed.' Upon reaching the pilots barracks he chose a bunk that would be closer to the Armor bay he left his PHALANX in. After putting away his clothes and few belongings he decided to catch up on what he missed before touring about. "Excuse me Suzi, would it be possible for you to give me an audio and visual replay of the events prior to my arrival in the rec room?"

Suzi hovered above Nyton. She like hovering it was fun. "Ok, sure." Suzi wispered in his ear. Suddenly a screen appeared in front of Nyton, it played for about ten minuets and then went black. "You didn't miss to much. The crew just said a few words about themselves. You where there for the captains speach, so you know all you need to know." Suzi drifted of, she looked back into the recreation room, Kestral was still in there, with some of the other crew. The strange thing had been when Ghi had run out of the room. She had shut the door to the sleeping area, of course Suzi could have had a look, but she didn't think it was right.

"Thanks for the info, captain. One more question. Who's my roomie? Do we get to choose or is it assigned?"

Tom stood up and headed towards the door.

Finally being dismissed, Eve stood and saluted Bowman Chui, before grabbing her heavy bag and shouldering it once more. She went straight through the halls to the Mindy pilot's quarters, staking her claim at the starbord side bunks, on the forward end of the room. Knowing the ship was designed for Neko pilots, she wondered what they'd do with the rough looking Infantry pilot as she unwrinkled her dress whites, putting them away before beginning to unpack her personal clothing. "Miss Suzi, can you please have them deliver my M3 to the Starbord launch hanger?" Yamazaki asked, still folding her things away from her bag.

Saeki waited by the door, clutching a small letter in her hands, smiling shyly to the captain.

"Well, its sort of a sensitive subject, sir...if I could see you in private?"

Nyton studied the events while adopting his thinking pose, recording for himself the crew's introductions. After the film was over he nodded to Suzi and thanked her as she drifted away. He was deep in thought while reviewing things with his memory booster. 'Hm, quite the ensemble. Maybe I should have stayed on the Sakura. Nei and Sakura were a lot more stable then this Ghi.' he thought with a hint of dry humor after seeing her run off unexpectedly. Observing Tom he just nodded. 'A former performer. Eager and excited. Has taken an interest in the ladies.' His recorder then focused on Saeki when he thought he caught something. 'Why is she twitching? I'm going to have to keep observing this one. I suppose talking about grapefruits would be one way to get her to open up.' Nyton then started replaying and focused in on Lori. 'Hard military type. I definately prefer Sakura over this one. At least I won't have to worry about seeing her off-duty. I'd say her claim for being anti-social is valid and well deserved.'

There was a sound behind him on the farthest side of the quarters and he realized he was not alone. Since no one called to him he decided to finish his analysis.

Nyton watched Eve and noticed her different colored eyes. 'Double eye color. Her voice sounds rather young. Could just be an anomaly in her voice or she might be a child prodigy. Interesting.' He continued his review, finally arriving at Kestral. 'He appears to be laid back, easy going. Not too fond of formality but could just be for the sake of our introduction forum.'

Nyton completed his review and backed up his observations in his memory booster. He then decided to turn around and see who had entered the room behind him. Had he made a mistake? Why was Eve in the same pilots quarters with him, even if it was on the other side? He began walking over to her side of the quarters.

"Excuse me, Miss Yamazaki. Are these your assigned quarters or are these supposed to be co-ed barracks?" Nyton asked her.

Eve blinked at the sound of footsteps approaching, after hearing Suzi's reply to her inquiry. Putting a pair of socks away, she stood up to address the imposing man's question. It was clear to her he'd been reading the manifest already, but she wasn't sure why he was in the Mindy Pilot's room. "Ah..this section of the ship is made for the Nekovalkyrja Mindy pilots. I've been assigned as an M3 pilot Sergeant, I didn't know the umm...male Infantry was here as well? I saw some quarters across the hall, and there is the ship pilot quarters, but I had assumed all the Nekovalkyrja and the Female armor pilots would be here?" finally spitting out her hypothesis, she added, "..maybe the..ah I mean, maybe miss Suzi knows?" asking a question half to the Sergeant and half to the AI. She certainly wouldn't mind private quarters, but wasn't expecting them on her first assignment, training or not.

Nyton hmm'd and pulled up a map of the ship with the nodal system. "When I looked for pilot quarters I simply assumed this would be where my bunk was assigned. Since this ship class normally has Mindy Armors assigned to it I don't think they took into consideration this sort of situation." Nyton replied before dispersing the map. "Unfortunately 'personal quarters' are only given to the officers of the ship. Let's go ahead and ask Suzi if she has any ideas. If not then we'll just bring this up to the captain. Excuse me Suzi, can the Mindy Pilot Quarters be seperated to allow privacy for different gender pilots?"

Shrugging as the crew filtered out of the room, Lori straightened her uniform and strode to her room, awaiting to see who would get dealt the misfortune of having to bunk with her.

Reaching into her bag, she pulled out a pad and began jotting down the notes about the others on the ship. A crew of misfits; each and every single one of them.

"This is definately a punishment." She muttered to herself.

Kestral looked up, Tom had a lot of questions, he didn't mind though. "Well, I thoughts that all of the guys could share and all of the girls could share. We are in the Mindy Pilot area; the girls are in the sixteen-bedded area. Is that ok?" Kestral asked.

Suzi appeared next to Eve, she liked appearing next to people. "Yes of course Eve." It will be here very shortly. "I will call you when it has arrived and you can have a look." Suzi disappeared as she heard her name being called.

Kestral answered Tom's question and turned round to Saeki, he wasn't to sure what this was going to be about. "Yes Saeki, you have my full attention now that everyone else has left. What can I help you with." Kestral asked politely.

"Yes Nyton, all of the male crew will be in the same room, the female crew member's will be in another room. You are in the right room. Kestral's bags are on the corner bed, over there." Suzi appeared next to him and pointed towards some bags on a bed. Suzi noticed Eve come in at the same time, and noticed that she was listening. "Eve you quarters are across the hall, you will be placed with the other women. The captain doesn't want separation between the group, he want's you to be equal and as a team. He does understand though that women and men should have their own privacy between each other. Is that ok?" Suzi asked.

Eve sighed deeply. "Well, at least I'll have my own M3.." she thought, tucking her behind her right ear absently. "I understand, thank you miss Suzi." she confirmed, nodding to the Sergeant. "I'm sorry for the trouble.." the pilot trailed off, suddenly wondering why the Captain was choosing to be so far from the bridge. "Maybe it's a Neplisian tradition?" she thought coyly.

"Well, I'm going to repack..." Eve turned without waiting for the imposing Infantryman to say something, and opened one of the footlockers at the end of the bed. She was thankful she hadn't put away anything but undershirts and socks in it so far. Putting things back in the order she had them in and closing the now-empty footlocker, she stared at her bag lying open on the bottom bunk for a moment before remembering. "Oh, my dress whites.."

The young soldier turned her bag over on the bunk, and checked to make sure she had everything. Testing the strap, the weight felt precisely correct. "Good." she said quietly to herself. Hefting her bag up with another "Uffm." the girl walked the few meters to the barracks doors, and stepped into the hall. She saw two doors, and pressing the aft panel next to the aft doors of the pair, she saw a '山崎' (Yamazaki) glow in recognition before opening the door.

Stepping in, there was no one.

The stateroom wasn't too large, but had its own appeal to the girl. The queen bed was much bigger than the Mindy quarters, and there seemed to be more than enough storage on the oppisite wall for her roommate, whomever that was going to be. Placing her bag on the starboard side of the bed, closer to the compartments for ease, she carefully looked in each of them, finally satisfied that whoever her roommate was to be, she hadn't arrived yet, or was still tied up with the Captain. Turning over her standard issue duffel again, Eve unzipped it and began packing away her things again in the foreward section of the mirrored compartments, though she doubted she'd need all of them yet. She wanted to be somewhat settled in before her roommate arrived, now that she was in the right place. "Miss Suzi," she asked "..is my roommate that Sergeant who didn't follow the rest of us out of the recreation room? Or has she yet to arrive onboard?" the pilot added, hanging up her dress whites again, and moving on to her other uniforms before getting to her other clothes. "This is closest to the stairs, I deduce the most likely companion is another pilot of some sort."

Ghi was slow to return back to a reasonable imitation of normal behaviour. "Normal? Who can be normal, who is to say that I am not normal and everyone else is irregular. Who wants to be average anyway? Dull. Dull as dishwater." But eventualy she felt well enough to get off her bed, and she made her way through the halls to the medical bay, her normally fast and exuberent movements contrasting with her slow and measured pace now, her tail curled around her leg not moving. Her face had no expression on it, just plainess (or as plain as a furred face could be).

Entering the rectangular room she was suitably impressed. The equitment here was top of the line. She would enjoy working here. However right now she didn't feel like working, and couldn't enjoy herself, so she simply lay down on a medical table and was.

She cleansed her mind of thought and watched the roof, occasionally blinking and feeling time go by. The drug should wear off in a few hours.

She smiled and reached into her pocket, fishing out a sealed envelope and handed it over to the captain. She gave a smart salute and turned on her heel, scurrying off to her bunk.

She peeked into the crew quarters, spying her bag where she had thrown it as she had entered the ship, her voice called out low and cautious...
"Hello?"

"Thank you sir. I'm out!"

Tom hurried over to one of the staterooms, where he had initially unpacked, grabbed all his stuff and put it into his dufflebag rather disorganized, then went back to the Mindy pilot area.

Although the area was very tight and personal space was much smaller than that of each individual stateroom, there was a distinct advantage to this area.

More beds than people. Booya.

With some effort, the Geshrin pushed the two bunks at the south-eastern corner of the room together against the wall. Double bed, double bonus!

He then proceeded to throw most of his belongings on the top of the bunk: His clothes (casual, military and a performance outfit he had snuck in for nostalgia's sake) and personal items (A small music player with digital media, nitnacks, pictures and a small handaxe, the one his father gave to him when he became a man.)

Tom's eyes focused on the axe as a wave of memories washed over him. His eyes glazed over...

Father.

As soon as the thought entered Tom's mind, he shook it out. No time to be miserable now.

He took extra care of his liquor bottles, storing them underneath the bunk against the corner so they wouldn't roll away or break. Before he put the last one down, though, he took a swig from it.

Mmmm.... good stuff.

He placed some light rock into the player and started it.

Suzi crossed between the rooms. "You like? Well, I'm not to sure who you will sharing with, I have not assigned rooms. You may not be with anyone, I am not certain." Suzi smiled and waved a good bye leaving with an "Enjoy."

Kestral looked down at the piece of paper, and then looked up at Saeki to see her run out. "Wait a minute, what is this?" Kestral called out as he ran down the corridor, finally reaching her out side the dorm. "Saeki what am I meant to do with this?" Kestral looked at her, trying to look angry, but slightly amused as he wanted to know what was in it, but didn't want to act to childish. "So?"

She turned and gave a big grin to the captain, turning around and giving a smart salute, saying in a very official voice "You're supposed to read it, sir! For your eyes only!"

Kestral wasn't sure what to think. He looked down at the envelope. Turned it around in his hand and looked at the front, it said his name on it. Kestral turned it back round, he felt weird, that's the only way he could describe it. Slowly he started to open the letter. It had been folded in half, he removed it from the envelope and held the letter in his hands, slowly he began to open the letter. Kestral facial expression changed, the letter wasn't long, he wasn't too sure what to think. Kestral folded the letter again and placed it in his pocket. "Thanks Saeki." He walked out of the doorway, and headed for the bridge.

"Yes, thank you miss Suzi." she replied, hardly seeing a glimpse of her before the door closed. Eventually, she unpacked everything she had brought with her. She hadn't been sent with much, nor had she had time to go shopping for anything with the small stipend she now recieved as an active duty soldier. She stuck the standard issue chronometer on the desk, tossing her YSA identification next to it. Her other things fit in the cabnit, including her spare uniform, one change of civilian clothing, dress whites, shoes, shower sandals (though she doubted she needed them for anything), some bland looking undergarments she'd been able to buy on base, and a few tolitries.

Eve was finally as settled as she was going to get, and reminded herself she'd need to go shopping somewhere nice when she could afford it for real clothes. She wondered what they meant by "Officer training needs officer expiecence." until she'd been given her active duty orders and new rank before shipping out. Shrugging and pushing it to the back of her mind, the young pilot placed her sidearm on the desk, and fell backwards onto the bed of her new home. With her feet dangling over the edge, and her arms spread, Eve let her mind wander from thought to thought.

Saeki ran towards her bed as the Captain left and flopped down heavily on it. She curled up and felt down around the foot of her bed...finally clutching her buffel bag and hauling it up to herself. She unzipped it and peered inside, removing a grapefruit.

"Mmm..." She purred and began to cut it into slices, finally munching on each in turn, her face a mask of pure joy.

As she finished she wiped her mouth on a small towel and called out "Suzi? AI? I have a question..."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back