• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

OOC YSS Ryūjō: Into the Unknown

Just wanted to mention that I added Aya Surcouf to the Ryujo's crew roster! :)

Also, there is nothing wrong with making a plan here by me. It may allow us to speed up things and achieve a resolution, rather than floundering around overmuch. At this point all I can do is better enable Aya's and Aurelie's RP, and I will continue to do so with whatever they have in mind. There is the off chance Noa could hack the enemy vessel or fighters to make more mayhem, but that's kind of the easy way out.

Last edited:
The barrier screen keeping the air in the hangar was disabled. There was no physical damage. None of the weapons fired at the Ryujo have done any physical damage, they've been causing electrical problems. The hangar could still be open if the blast doors also malfunctioned, but even if that's the case, Argenta would still be out of the rest of the battle if she was able to get back inside the hangar... all she'd be there to do is seal it and prepare for recovery of the fighters, if they're still intact after the battle. There'd be no pressing reason to open the blast doors keeping the hangar separate from the rest of the ship, which were engaged even before the hangar lost atmosphere.

I don't think hacking the enemy is feasible at this point. Right now it'd be amazing if Noa could even figure out how to read their transponders.

Last edited:
Hmm, well in previous RP she did partially decode the enemy's communication enough to read it, but that is indeed a far cry from being able to manipulate it from a distance also. So I haven't really been emphasizing that point (and figuring out the carrier's systems) unless you wanted me to.

I'd have to read that RP to base anything on it. I wasn't aware of any RP that took place involving this enemy before I joined the plot, and was under the impression this isn't the first unknown enemy Rhysis used.

It's been a month, so I'm officially not GMing, here. I can start again if we come up with a plan. I know what I want to do, but that's not much good if we can't follow through.

Last edited:
It's hard to find much information, but from what I can gather, there's no relation. It seems the group mentioned there had less exotic technology and was more militaristic, and they have little else in common.

I won't wait any longer for players who aren't around, we can keep going.

What information are you trying to find Navian? I still have a lot of the details related to this plot when I started it, although I could've sworn I posted most of it in the GM thread ;-;

We don't seem to have enough player interest to continue, and I'm about the last person to look to for energy, so it looks like we're stopping here unless someone else takes over either the plot itself or the responsibility for making it happen. You can send me a message if you have any questions.

In response to Kyle's last question in this thread, 'I don't know'. I'm not sure if I found what I'm looking for, because I didn't know what I was looking for: I don't know anything about enemies encountered in previous missions, but was under the impression this wasn't the same one.

What metrics are you using to gauge player interest? As long as you have two players I feel like it's still worth continuing and you could just clear out the inactives. If it's a problem of GM inspiration, you can say that too.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back