• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: YSS Ryūjō YSS Ryūjō - Mission 0 - The Meet Up

Megami

Megami turned her head towards Sigrid curiously when she offered to be the first boots on the ground, a healthy and honest decision... she hesitated a moment before smiling towards Sigrid before looking towards the Chusa, raising her hand a bit. "Chusa, I agree with Itto-Heisho Sigrid. I think she should be the first one with boots on the ground." She gave an innocent little smile before her hand goes back down to the table and lightly taps her fingers resuming listening.

Meiko

Meiko took a breath and kept her hand directly connected to Ume's, she was worried, but she knew everyone knew what they were doing, it was her job to ensure that she patches them up or fix them when they come back.

Nobuharu sat at a table with other Santo Hei crewmen listening to the Chusa's directives. The white haired, ash grey skinned Yamataian listened with a calm rapt expression.

This was his first assignment and he already knew he was on Chiharu's path. Her guidance has led him to his place aboard the YSS Ryujo. He knew his time would come to defend the people of Yamatai.

Ume wanted to follow after Sigrid and perform land recon, but her experience in it wasn't the greatest and she knew not everyone could be sent, so she would just take whatever orders she was given by the Chusa for her actions during this operation. She stuck with Meiko and held her hand with a smile. "Don't worry, things will go well this mission, it's just recon for now anyway."

Takeyu nodded to the mini-neko. "Restoring that transmission may help us out in our mission, so please do; any details you can glean from your recovery would be helpful."

Hearing Sigrid volunteer made Takeyu somewhat glad, as he didn't have to ask for volunteers. "Very well then, your feet will be the first onto the planet. Make sure you are ready to go upon arrival." As he spoke an image of the system appeared briefly before disappearing out of existence. "Are there anymore questions?" he asked.

Anjin listened to the discussion. Overall it was pretty much a standard pre-mission brief. Basic objectives. As far too common, incomplete intelligence was a key factor. Forces unknown present in the system. So that added an extra level of complexity. When the CO asked for more questions, she anticipated that they would be dismissed briefly. She finished her tea so that she could dispose of her cup when that happened.

Yaeko nodded at Takeyu, as well as the mini-neko across the room. As the rest of the briefing concluded she closed her eyes and reached out to the ship's main computer.

"Greetings again to the on-board MEGAMI unit. As it seems that we will be spending a bit of time together this evening I think it would be in order for me to have a name to address you by. On-baord MEGAMI does get rather redundant. Also, I'd like to confirm access to the bridge for myself as well as to have a communications station ready and waiting for my with any data packets pertinent to the communications and transmissions referenced by the Chusa. Assuming that is all in order, make sure Nao-Hei will have access to the bridge alongside me. It appears that I will have assistance. Thank you."

The quiet peaceful looking grey Yamataian in the back raises his voice, "I'm sorry if I speak out of turn for my rank Sir but, beyond stealth based modifications and a set of stealth recon ships, is the Ryujo carrying any further unique equipment or firepower? Do we plan on a pure Power Army strike force on the ground? If so, who should those of us newly minted warriors report to?"

Sigrid bowed again as Takeyu accepted her request. That was good, although it probably meant going down alone. Sigrid was okay with that, it would not be a first time she worked on her own. At least she would not have to babysit any rookies. It will be just her, her armour and her weapons. And possibly enemies. There is some chance nothing was going on the planet, but it was beyond doubtful. With some luck it would be just a bunch of pirates who took residence in the abandoned colony.

As soon as Noa got the green light for working together with the communications officer, the tan skinned mini-Neko puffed up with pride and managed to recapture that sense of excitement and exuberance that had gotten a bit deflated before. She turned to Kakeru and did a rather cute mimic of his bow back to him, followed by a casual wave. "Ja ne, Shinozaki-kun... I'd love to stay and chat, but there's data to be wrangled! Why don't you and Kioko get all sneaky-sneaky together while I'm gone?" The little red-paneled soldier didn't wait to hear his reply and was soon already in motion with her impressive anti-gravity speed across the room. She did at least give him the courtesy of bringing the nearly empty mug she was using to the galley, though for her tiny frame to lift it seemed like quite a strain for a moment or two.

After Noa unloaded all that dead weight with a thud into the dirty dishes bin, she continued apace over to where Yaeko was sitting and gave her an eager salute from midair and joked, "Someone call for tech support?" The mini Nekovalkyrja certainly looked the part too, with her high-tech orange visor that gave a layer of augmented reality data overlaid over her cerise pink eyes that cast little doubt that if there was anyone who could recover more of the transmission, it would be her.

Errowyn listened to for any more updates, looking thoughtful as she stared at her electronic notepad. She wasn't to please with the Chusa's decision to have an inexperience pilot to fly a recon mission into the unknown. But then it was his decision to not to use the more experienced combat pilot teamed up with an EWO to gather intelligence.

But then he probably hadn't read the dossiers.

~~ oh quit pouting Sis! Maybe he still wet behind the ears and haven't heard of the great exploits of the 21st Hellcat!~~

~~ should've joined us while ya had the chance~~ Another chimed in.

~~ yeah I know sisters. And miss out on all of this? ~~ Errowyn thought to herself and to her 'Sisters'. She was glaring at the screen of her Electronic notepad and her fingers were turning white from the pressure on the stylist in her hand.

"Sigrid-Heisho, is whom you will be reporting to."

"Alright lets get to work, we'll be departing shortly so I want everything stowed and ready to go. Infantry, make a final sweep of the ship please, doubtful we'll have unexpected company but it never hurts to be thorough." With that the volumetric display that showed the planet amongst other items faded out of existence, with Takeyu picking up his roster and briefing book and looking through it for a moment, he was putting names to faces right now - which wasn't to hard to do thanks to his brain - but was an old habit that was hard to get rid of.

Last edited:
Kakeru waved goodbye to the mini bundle of energy that was Noa, only to have his face cramp up when her parting joke reminded him that he was stuck with Kioko.

"No fair! You left me all alone with an aggressive, possibly venomous snakewoman!"

He was wracking his brains on what to say to his fellow SAINT agent when Chu-sa Nayachesen's closing remarks gave him a way out.

"Now??!! We're leaving now? Talk about hurry up and wait! Sorry Hei, I've to catch up with you later, I've to prep my new fighter, report to the squad com, talk to the captain on the fold and deployment pattern, timing and comms, suit up.....woo...my head hurts. See you later!" Kakeru told Kioko as he gathered his leftover tea and Doc's untouched coffee and trotted over to the galley used dishes bin.

Dumping the whole lot into the bin, he looked around to see who was the highest ranking blue suit in the messhall. Not seeing anyone higher ranking than Errowyn, he approached her and bowed, asking: "Joto Hei? Are you the ranking squadron commander for the ship? I'm Hei Shinozaki and I'm assigned as the advance scout for this fold."

Errowyn looked up at Shinozaki. "As far as I know. It seams that our illustrious Chusa forgot to mention that." She stood up, kinda forcing the Santo-Hei to step aside. "Come with me and let me see how qualified you are to fly solo, much less gather information at the same time." Grabbing her electronic notepad, saving the portrait she was working on. She motioned for the other pilot to follow. "Get your wingman and meet us in hanger bay where the fighters are at."

She took off to the Shuttle bay 5, "Too bad you wasn't teamed up with me for this mission. You as EWO and me as pilot. We'ld get the intel so that the grounders can do their jobs with less causalities. But then I'm not the Chusa. So hopefully you're up to fly, get info, and by what ever is sacred, you come back in one piece."

Nobuharu waited calmly in his chair as most of the crowd dispersed. When it wasn't such a mess the grey Yamataian stood and strove casually towards Sigrid. His demeanor was one of a strange impassive tranquility.

As he reached Sigrid he did a brief bow of his head and shoulders and said in a calm lilt, "Chiharu bless you Itto Heisho Kongo Sigrid, I am Santo Hei Ayabito Nobuharu. This is my first assignment from training. I apologize for my lack of experience but rest assured I will not let you down when it counts."

Ume was not a fresh out of training soldier but she did only have one mission worth of experience at the moment so she decided that she too would report for Sigrid, to make sure she was on the same page as her. She walked up beside Nouharu and offered a salute to Sigur. "Nitto-Hei Hatoyama reporting. I specialize in melee and close quarters engagements."

The dark-skinned Nepleslian was noticing a lot of people coming towards the table she shared with Sigrid. Quietly, now that they were allowed to, she got up and nodded towards the others before making her way out. She wasn't needed at the moment, and for that she was rather grateful. She needed to get back to her room before whomever was her roommate decided to and work on her arm. She also needed to get into a work uniform and then make her way to the armory.

D5-C2

Sebastian made her way through the halls to her room and closed the door. She stripped off her uniform and, for now, put on her tank top and shorts, mostly to just be comfortable while she worked on her arm. After putting her things away properly, and making her bed, she then sat down with her tool kit and detached the arm. She was proficient in doing minor adjustments one handed, but anything major she'd have to ask for help. Perhaps one of the engineers would be able to, if need be.

Kakeru stood aside to let the Joto Hei pass. Listening to her complaints about single seated scout fighters, he shrugged philosophically.

"That's something that can't be helped Joto Hei, the only fold capable fighters we have are single seated ones. And I won't be flying solo, we have 2 recon fighters but I think that the other SAINT agent is needed on the ground insertion, so someone else should be able to use her fighter. Recon is best done in a pair so one can get away with the information if anything happens." Kakeru gently hinted. He remembered the Joto Hei's expression when she thought she was not going to be on the mission and it would be comforting to have an experienced pilot as flight lead on his first mission.

"From what I gather, we'll be jumping into the outer system, then shutting down and lying doggo, using only CFS and passive sensors to sniff around, no plasma drives. Once we cleared the way to the planet, we send the All Clear to the Ryujo and they will use our coordinates to jump closer to the planet instead of coming in slowly like we do. Once the Ryujo is in orbit, we take up polar positions to cover the opposite side of the planet to ensure no one sneaks up to the Ryujo while she is dropping troops. In case of hostile presence, we report to the Ryujo and await further orders. In case of hostile contact, we do a short random jump and report to the Ryujo on exit. Our fallback rendezvous point is the Ryujo or failing contact, the position where the Ryujo is waiting for our signal after the random jump."

Kakeru recited a basic mission plan and waited to see if the Squadron Commander would add or change anything to it.

"Guess I won't be going back to my room for a while."

When the Chusa ordered crew dispersion, Nichols had very nearly fallen asleep once more before his mind turned to caffine reserves to keep him from slipping off into dream-land with the Ryujo's entire crew within line of sight. He had held both of his hands under his chin at the time of the order to disperse before his dwindling consciousness suddenly gained second wind, as a countermeasure to avoid another collision with the table beneath his elbows and his face. While the Nepleslian stretched idly for a moment, his ears tuned into the conversation between Kakeru and Errowyn. This sparked the rookie pilot's intrigue in the SAINT agent's skill in flight as well, one he thought Doc would enjoy a chance to spectate.

"I nearly fell asleep with the Chusa talking... What would be worse? Butterfingers or Sandman?"

Once he'd sluggishly rose from his seat, Nichols made his way over to Holiday with a grin on his face. When a distance of mere meters was between the two rookies, Nichols shifted his weight until he was leaning on one leg whilst he hooked his thumbs in the pockets of his pants.

"You want to head to our Kawarimes for maintenance?"

"Look! I'm the only one whose has faced combat. Got two rookies, not to mention you. I'd rather take 5 which is a two seater. It may not have fold-space generator on it. If the Ryujo jumping into the system. It'll be a matter of minutes with my Kawarime to get you to the planet and or area to gather intel. And back again safely with the info intact." Errowyn shrugged, "But if you want to suicide following Chusa's orders. That's your business." Entering the hanger that contained the fighters.

'"Wow she's pretty insubordinate." Kakeru thought as Errowyn outright declared the Chu-sa's orders as suicide. "Rude and arrogant too. Guess she isn't going to come along for the mission. Too bad. Wonder if any of the other pilots are interested?". Despite the Joto Hei's gung-ho guts and glory viewpoint, recon really was best done by 2 fighers. Personally, Kakeru wondered if anyone was actually willing to take a mission that promised 2 hours or more of boredom and sneaking around. Seeing no choice but to ask Doc and Nicols, the only other pilots that he know of, he sighed inwardly. But first.....

"I wonder if she even knows that recon are not supposed to butt heads with dedicated space superiority fighters?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back