• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC YSS Sakishima Discussion

I personally think the character is a little over the top, but most of the crew is as well, to varying degrees. Byproduct of it being both 18+ as well as comedy-focused. She probably would be in trouble almost anywhere else, so trying to clean up before an outsider not under the easy-going captain's control makes sense. Just ends up that even trying to sober up and be serious is played for a laugh.

I p lay the ship's captain. Through out our year and a half of rolling in this plot, Yoshi Katai has only had to discipline DakDak once, and that was for an issue off duty that lead to damages to her own home. And that took place with out the influince of the drink.

Her service post that one innocent had been one of distinction and what seems like a need to strive above and beyond what is called for in duty.

Yes she is a fuck up.
But look at the plot discription, we ask are suppose to be misfits.

DakDak's withdrawals Will be fine the second duty steps up, because that is who she is. She believes she it's a fuck up, and feels a need for penitence. Let her have it, Yoshi Katai hasn't spoken up for this very reason, and because she trusts DakDak. Our she wouldn't still be on the ship.

When the crew of the YSS Sakishima undergoes court-martial later on, I'm going to be copy and pasting these posts.

The real issue should be why Dakura drinks, how come noone asks that? Maybe she's dealing with feline PTSD or some severe depression issues? We need a SAoY counselor job

I figured She drank because she hated her life as a desk jockey, and the habit form and continued once she escaped and move to the Saki.

Now that she has an Office, and really even before then, Yoshi's door is always open, and not just for "exercise" but to talk too. Like when she called DakDak down to talk to her about the other SAINT, DakDak was always free to speak her mind.

Just trying to bring up different options here haven't really decided on why yet TBH. Was just a flaw I put with her when I created her.

Oh, if only there was a medic aboard, whose duties include watching out for the physical and mental health of the crew... *whistles and looks innocent*

Ok guys, my film premiered last night, so I again have free time. Expect GM posts shortly (Once I have had a little more sleep!)

While researching the Keiko, I realized I have no idea what those two cannons on its back actually are. I thought maybe it was an art mistake, but the description on the page mentions them in the height section. They're just not referenced in the weapon area, or anywhere else.

They are the big gauss cannons that can be mounted on the shoulders. They are optional and not permanently installed

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…