• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

RP: YSS Soyokaze (YSS Soyokaze) Moon(ie) Fever (2.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hallway

Chiasa looked at Elina, her own uniform was covered in dust as well. The avoidable part of their work effort. Everything in the air handler on the side they were replacing filters were covered in dust. Once she had swapped out the last of the filters. She reset the unit. The sound of the fans coming up to speed soon filled the air. She stepped out of the chamber and attempted to brush off the worse of the dust. She sent a status update to the ship's MEGAMI that the air handler was back online.

"Well, looks like we will not be going anywhere for a while. Medical Lock down." she said to Elina. A quick look down the hall showed that the zero-g shaft was sealed. "Which is inconvenient. I was looking forward to a shower and some clean clothing."

"For now we should just put the used filters in bags and stack them. The drones can retrieve them later." She said picking up several and putting them into one of the containment bags.

Med Bay

"You got any cards or anything doc?" Bors said as he crossed his arms, "Judging from the noise I'm taking a guess I'm gonna be here a bit."

The Large Nepleslian had done what the doctor had asked and had stripped down and put on the paper smock. Sitting on his own examination table the former mafioso drummed his mechanical fingers on his his heavily tattooed arms as he looked around the room, wondering what all the various things did.

"How long is this lock down gonna be? Have any Idea doc?|"

Hallway

Elina looked at the used filters in her hands and then to the shelves where she had been putting the used filters. "Now ya tell me!" Just dropping in the used filters into the bag Chiasa was carrying, haphazardly taking up more space than if she put them in neatly. She moved back to the storage compartment to remove the use filters. She noticed the passage way to the Null-Tube blocked off.

"Medical Lockdown?" Elina looked at Chiasa. " I thought that happened only in adventure vids when the writers had writer's block." She turned away quickly from Chiasa to hide her worry. She was the Outsider of this community.

Hallway

Chiasa sorted the filters that Elina dropped into her bag. "Medical lock downs are uncommon. But they can be triggered by any number of things. With the ship being as damaged as it is; it could be an environmental issue, or hazardous material. Lastly though most unlikely is a biological event.

If you are concerned, there are protective suits available in the nearest damage control locker."

Hallway Outside Medical

It took Kana until the door at medical was reached to come out of her next dizzy spell. "Put me down," she demanded weekly, pushing away from Kioko, "I'll be fine." All the while winces of pain accompanied each attempt the science assistant made to squirm.

Cargo Bay

"Another crate of ammo," Hotaru sighed, floating before the container's ID tag, "Bullets, bullets, everywhere; but not a scrap to eat..."

The clerk waved the ammunition over to the new pile she had been making for it when the alerts came up for the medical quarantine. She floated over to the top of a crate that was already where she wanted it and sat down. Accessing the logs for the last few minutes, Hotaru's next sigh was heavier, and caused her to rub her face hard.

"Well this will be helpful," the officer cadet offered to no one in particular, before standing and calling to the bay. "Alright everyone; eyes open and on each other! Also, take a break and spark up the hot plates - time to look at food before we continue."

Mess Hall

Ume looked around the mess hall with a slight look of confusion at everything that just transpired. She did not really understand what was going on and it was making her head hurt trying to figure out. She rubbed her temples lightly and left the messhall to look for something relaxing to do.

Hallway

After a bit of wandering around Ume seemed to feel even worse now, her back and arms were aching, and she was stumbling about trying to keep herself up.

Mess Hall

Continuing out the door, from not being stopped by anyone or anything, Chieko decided the Med Bay would be the best place to go next. Coming to her senses, Isrun also made her way out to follow her team leader into the corridors.

Hallway Outside Medical

It took a few minutes, but soon the two scientists found Kioko and Kana outside the Med Bay, trying to get in. "Did they just lock everyone out of there?" Chieko asked, starting to feel her worry level increase.

Cargo Bay

By now the medical lock down had made it to Hotaru, who was quick to start closing up the Cargo Bay to avoid any further contamination to the now rather critical area.

Kumiko blinked for a moment, assimilating everything that was happening, one rather irritating part the similarities in name between her SAVTECH unit, and the ship's AI. Really going to have to come up with a name for her, now. Taking in the ships current status, she immediately recognized the lockdown status the ship had gone into, though without knowing more... "Jane, connect with the ship's computer immediately, and tie in with the engineering systems, more specifically the damage control one. I want a rundown on everything that flags as major enough to be an urgent repair. But keep that on the back burner for now, the immediate priority is relaying as much information about the source of the lockdown, and what areas are directly impacted by it. Run that through my glasses as you get it." Now that she had an information flow, she gestured for a pair of the technicians she'd brought with her to come over.

"Until we get further orders from the Captain, consider yourself under my command. First priority is looking around, and making sure this area is properly secured from all access, since we have no idea what triggered the lockdown yet. The child AI in this area goes by Mercy, contact her directly if you need anything specifically. I'll have more orders as I get more information." As she finished speaking, Jane started to push the data she'd been able to pull through to Kumiko's glasses, and she scanned through it quickly, noting the scarcity of specific data available about the source, past the fact that it was biological or viral in origin. She paused a moment as the information she'd asked for about the ship's captain scrolled through as well (undoubtedly passed to Jane by Jayne), surprised to note the name of the commanding officer, before finishing her quick scan through the available data. She called out the medical nature of the emergency to the other technicians quickly, before returning to sorting the data as much as possible for a moment.

"Jane, put me through to Takeyu as directly as you can." Kumiko paused a moment, to allow the AI to do just that, before continuing. "Nayacesen-Shosa, Endoh-Shoi, I just arrived in the shuttle bay. I'm up to date on the lockdown, and have a small group of engineers with me. We're confirming the seals on this area before anything else. What would you like us to do from there?"

Hallway Outside Medical

Kioko put the girl in her arms down and looked at the door "it ssseems ssso" she looked at the door having a bad feeling not liking the idea that the Med Lab was locked down what if there was more than just the girl in there ill.

Medical Lab

Meiko quickly moved over to Riko and all but forced him to strip down she gives him a thorough investigation to find out if he and Misato had ever slept together. Personally she was slightly nervous, and unprepared for the idea that she might die on the ship. She thought at least the medical bay would be prepared for anything and everything... well at least she backed herself up before so if she does wind up dying from this she'd easily just be re-uploaded to a new body.

Hallway

Elina being nervous as she was, eyed the locker that held the protective suits. She paced nervously about the hallway unsure of what to do. Trying to focus on keeping calm. "Thanks," She just simply responded, sounding unsure of herself.

She started to hum softly to help get herself under control. Life was interesting, from one danger to the next. At least those before coming to the ship. This was a whole game here. This just made her queasy.

On rout to the bridge

The medical alert had sounded while Nenene was traveling up from her cabin, she broke out into a run and accessed the ships communications network via wireless as she made for the bridge.

"What is the situation?" she asked, sending a message directly to Takeyu. "I am heading for the bridge" she added and vaulted into vertical zero g passage, using her gravitic control to propel herself upwards to the appropriate level. As she traversed the ship, she contacted Jayne and requested a full brief of the alert situation, in case no reply came from the Captain before she reached the command center. She also asked for a report on sensor activity, a sweep of the space around them. It would be a most in opportune time for someone to sneak up on them when there was a medical alert in progress. She could only wonder how much the crew was focusing on the still, to her, unknown details on the alert, rather than their duties.

Hallway Outside Medical

After being put down, Kana attempted to brace herself against the wall while Kioko and Chieko worked out that the door was locked. Not quite sure she wanted to go in yet however, the pink haired Neko worked hard to stay errect. Meanwhile Chieko hit he intercom for the door and called out, "I have another patient for you."

Hallway

If there was one name Takeyu wasn't expecting to hear it was Kumiko, but that as probably because he hadn't had time to check for any new soldiers, replacements, or supplies being sent over from their squadron. He thought about what the soldier had said for a few moments before coming up with a reply. "There's no telling what the hell is going to happen in the next couple hours, ensure that the shuttle bay is properly locked down so that not a single person can enter or leave, if possible get to Engineering and lock it down tightly. We don't know how this virus got on board or how long its been around, but I don't want to take any chances."

With that message sent, he then addressed Nenene. "Nitô Heisho Misato has apparently been infected with a virus that is killing her; we don't yet know 'where' it came from or even how long its been here. I've had the ship placed under a lock down, movement restrictions are now in place; no one is allowed to enter or leave the ship. Sadly with communications still down we can't warn command either."

~~~~~~~~~~~~
GM POST
~~~~~~~~~~~~

Soyokaze

~~~Med Bay~~~

The Chief Medical Officer looked at the volumetric display that showed who was at the door. Cussing he keyed in his personal ident code and unlocked the door. "Well the cat's out of the bag and running amok... Get her up on a bed and strip her down... You've been seconded to the medical staff Snake girl... Get her on the bed and then get a medical suit on..." His eyes drifted over to Riko and frowned. "I have no idea..."

The Kodian looked over at Meiko, "This is getting bad quick... Get the new one's information and start building her a chart." he strolled over to Chieko, leaning in he spoke calmly, "Welcome to the show... My computer is unlocked in the office back there," He pointed, "go take a look at what we have so far... I figure this might be up your ally."

Medical

Surprised to say the least with the thorough investigation, (not to mention a little bit of feeling violated) Bors nearly missed the Medical officer talking to him.

"Wonderful." He finally muttered to himself, wondering why he didn't grab his bottle when he brought the trouble maker here in the first place. "You guys don't happen to have any medical booze down here do ya? I mean if its gonna be a bit might as well take the edge off eh? Or hell try to enjoy ourselves."

Granted the nepleslian was pry speaking out of line, but he thought hey what the hell before laying down on the table he was on putting his hands behind his head. Maybe Misato was right, a nap wasn't such a bad idea after all.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Rec Room

Ume had wandered her way into the rec room where she was now seated in front of all the officers playing a giant game of Monopoly. She had teamed up with Misato and they were closing in on Takeyu, if they could just get him to land on the right spaces he'd go bankrupt for sure.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hallway

At least that is what was going on in her head. In truth Ume had started to head towards the rec room, but well before it the neko was overcome with and vertigo collapsed to the ground. Though she had not hit her head she did not seem to be awake, and just laid there, breathing heavily and running a fever.

Last edited:
Hallway

Chiasa tried to think of what else to do. The medical issue was out of her field of expertise, and there was no biological agent that would truly hurt Nekos or NH series life forms. That meant the problem must have been something affecting some of the evacuees. The Soyokaze medical center should have no problem identifying the problem or simply solve it by injecting the infected with Hemosynth.

"Well, as there is nothing we can do about the medical situation, I propose that we return to repairs. We are of course limited by the lockdown but there is a system not far from here that we should be able to work on." She said to Elina.

Medical Bay

Meiko looked up at Kana and Chieko and Kioko enters and bites her lip a bit, this is getting worse and worse... She quickly moved over and helped Kana lay on the bed and pulled up a chart and looked at her. She began asking her questions that would reveal her information to her such as name, rank, age... once she figured she was coherent enough she got to what was wrong and the like trying to figure out symptoms by asking questions such as how was she feeling what was wrong, ect ect.

Medical

Kana, still trying to avoid getting help, made her way over to the bed as Isrun followed. She had her pride to think about and could not allow herself to seem week - no matter how poorly she felt. The chemist did, however, answer the questions as best she could, until it got to her symptoms.

"It's just like I said before," came the pink haired scientist's reply, "I feel very tired from over exertion - nothing that unusual."

Chieko, on the other hand, was surprised by Blake's invitation. Normally the medical section was well enough equiped to handle a situation like this without any intervention from Sciences. This did, however, allow another realization dawn on her.

"Should I be putting my helmet back on?" the biologist asked with an unconscious touch of flirtation added.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…