• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

Zairyo's Commissions (Original Thread)

Third time's the charm right

Relevant Links:

Star Army Gallery
DeviantArt page

______ ____________________________________________

This is aimed to those of you that don't have a credit card or paypal account (or any way to pay for digital content) but wish they could get a commission from me. As some of you know I have an Xbox 360, which means nothing Microsoft does is ever free, that goes with Xbox Live and Marketplace related content. The Star Army price for commissions remains the same, $15 for the commission and an extra $5 for the card option which brings it to $20. Those $20 can be paid with:

A- 1600 Microsoft Points
B- 3 months of Xbox live Gold subscription

I currently care more about the points than the subscription 'cause I only play online with friends (friends that I communicate with through IM 'cause I can't hear $#!T through the headset so good thing I only like co-op and not multiplayer crap)

There are sites that allow some people (those living in the US, Canada and forgot where else) to do some surveys and what not and get them for free, I really don't care how you get the points, only that they work. Amazon.com also sells them directly, by e-mailing you the code.

Did someone say SCRIPTS!?!? *pulls out a superman costume with two "S"s on the chest* Never fear, Super Script man is here!!!! *strikes heroic poses*

*slaps Nevaraon upside the head* Take that off, you'll scare the children. On that note, I can do some mid-level script work if needed.

Yoroko and I discussed something interesting on the IRC concerning this. (Somewhat) Ill let him tell you about it though.

well if you have any idea on who you want in this rpg and what the goal is. I can certainly get started.

Nevaraon said:
well if you have any idea on who you want in this rpg and what the goal is. I can certainly get started.

That could or should be up to Wes and probably a global vote. I mean you could either have a character that just started, maybe you even begin the game at the Training Academy and that way people get introduced to Star Army. Or you could make the game based on some historical event which means a more linear game but still you get to learn about Star Army. Linear games aren't so bad if you're starting you know so I'm inclined towards that at this point.

mmmkay so I think starting at the academy and working your way up sounds good for a beginning RPG, personally.

***edit***

making seperate post to chat more freely in.

Oh wow Inuyasha finally ended after almost 12 years, guess I'll have to read where I left off. (When some got something back and a sword with it)

OK I did this for a friend of mine.

View attachment aimg133.imageshack.us_img133_1991_comicpanelssample1ub3.th.gif

You know that Deviantart is famous or infamous for having people with original characters and a dream of having a comic book of those characters so they usually try to hire artists and say something incredibly stupid like "we'll share the money from the sales 50/50". Like I said that's stupid, whether or not your book sells you should still pay the artist and that's why I have an $85 per full color comic page commission. Now I know some of you would go "wow that's steep!" but I know it's fair and I have a pricing guide to prove it but that's beyond the point now. So this guy is kinda like a friend of mine, I like to help him out whenever I can and right now he joined a comic contest but he wants me to draw, ink and color the pages. It would be too expensive so I figured he could meet me half way and told him that he could at least create the panels for me. So that "comic page" is a sample image for him, to know what I need in order to cut the price a lot. I had no particular story in mind when I created the sequence, only that I wanted a zombie attack on a park with a hot (Jill style) chick ready to do some zombie hunting.

Anyway I decided to post the image here so that anyone that wants to make a comic book but doesn't know of a good and lazy way to do it can try it. Most comics sell because of a good story (although I buy them for good art, frack the story I almost never read them) so who knows...

Just testing something since I've been doing Cards here and there.

Template:

I admit the template isn't the best but I was just testing the look of it. also it would've been nice to write something at the top but nothing came to mind, now I'm thinking I should have written the race name.

I really like this! You are so very talented, Zairyo!

Glad that while it was a test it wasn't a waste and you guys liked it.
Here's another:

And the commission of the character:

EDIT: Oh and Happy birthday to Doshii, too bad I can draw something for you as a gift.

Holy shit. Now that's a nice one there ...

Wait, whut? Can draw me something as a gift? Why Zairyo, you're a kind soul indeed.

Can I pay you instead? *grins*

Doshii Jun said:
Holy shit. Now that's a nice one there ...

Wait, whut? Can draw me something as a gift? Why Zairyo, you're a kind soul indeed.

Can I pay you instead? *grins*

Oops lol, I meant can't
You would still have to wait a bit and that's assuming I don't have to waste any more days doing stuff I already did but the incompetence of public employees is amazing, especially in this crummy town. Love my town 'cause nothing really bad happens but people are... well it's like living in the past (kinda like the VCR is a new thing)

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…