• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 188604: The OOC Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I meant did they abduct him because of skills that he had?

Also, probably not a sister, but perhaps Dumont could use that idea for a love interest. =3=
Or just some other npc.

They can't give you new skills but they can enhance a talent that you have so they probably grabbed Alex cause he was already a good pilot and chose to enhance his mecha pilot skills the most then the other things he could pilot.

Ace may know a bit about the implants, but I don't think he knows a whole lot about the organization itself. Nor would Ace know anything about Alex yet as he hasn't even met the guy. You'd need a decent reason to suspect the organization is involved with Alex before anything else happens.

Is it possible that the company has a logo or something that Ace could identify and if so would be possible for Ace to notice it on Alex since we are. The beach.

No I mean like on the chip in his neck or on his mecha something like that other wise I could have Ace be Ace and challang Alex to arm wrestling and he can find out that way.

How would he find out that way? Besides, a logo would make it too easy for authorities to track them down.

Ace and Aries know a lot about augments also Aries could detect the use of them if Zack is cool with it.

Ace is going to need to talk to people and make some friends here I think. He can't just know things, he needs to discover them.

I'd rule that you're free to investigate these things together.

If you're just going to say you automatically know about all these things, you're robbing Alex of a sort of Total Recall type of subplot which I could run Sand World Dig style in such a manner which would let him profit, make friends, and allow me to do some worldbuilding around it throughout the entire process.

Character development and worldbuilding through action is always more interesting than just going 'I know this' and dropping a stack of info on someone to read.

I imagine they would have some way of tracking Alex. Maybe it will lead some NPCs from Ace/Alex's past to 188604.

If its another dig Ace would have to as he and Aries are the only ones who know where the sites are

I meant Sand World Dig style more as in how I handle it. That plot is structured more like a tabletop game module, or a choose your own adventure book where you manage resources, gain party members, resources, and potentially rally armies or the like. Ace stands to potentially gain a LOT from Sand World Dig, but it's always going to be a tradeoff in terms of what he has.

It can be any sort of plot, it's just one that's easier for me to manage in terms of how it's structured since there's pre-set NPC sheets and routes you can take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back