Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

ShotJon said:
So if Kerr heard it over the radio, did Morris'S squads heard it too? I need to know to see if Lisa will have to shout or not. I hope she heard it :D
It started as a private channel but seems to have become a squad leaders' channel. ShotJon, if you want to commit character suicide, I won't stop you though.

I thought I answered you? I told you that he got hit by a mortar. I wasn't even aware that we were going the infected route until I read the post. Should we just continue onward so we, I don't get shot?
Jim is, I know, going to be out for most of Jan and perhaps part of Feb. So he's clean. Max is active so he's clean. All that remains is for Big Red One to figure out how to play. If she gets on the ball, everyone is clean. But that really should have been one of the first things Zyv checked if he were a fully-trained medic. As he's only a half-baked trainee, I'm not surprised to see all of these mistakes being made. However, Mr. Santiago is not as understanding as I am.

Was there anything else?

I will be flying from Singapore to Seattle in 12 hours. With the vagaries of international travel across timezones and jet lag, I will be unavailable for at least 24-48 hours. Perhaps more, perhaps less. I cannot say.

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/GP6PJCW

I still have less than 50% responses. Only 9 have responded so far. This is the only opportunity to provide (positive or negative) feedback with anonymity. I do not ask for forum names.

Just a heads up Sigma, but the poll doesn't let us skip over the question about the last mission combat. I'm holding off finishing for now, but should I just tick the whole row of one option or another when I do fill it out?

Also, since we're waiting for an update on the main thread, do you want to keep going with the training exercise we were doing Cyborg?

Kevyn said:
Just a heads up Sigma, but the poll doesn't let us skip over the question about the last mission combat. I'm holding off finishing for now, but should I just tick the whole row of one option or another when I do fill it out?

Also, since we're waiting for an update on the main thread, do you want to keep going with the training exercise we were doing Cyborg?
Hum, must be an error I made in the settings. Can't edit it now, unfortunately. I believe that there's an "Other" option which you can just say stuff.

Tried that the first time around, still asked for the radio buttons. Script Monkey can be a bit finicky about what it actually does. But it's free, so I guess you get what you pay for.

Sigma said:
But if they were not here, where were they?
GM Note: Going upstairs will be done in a JP format, only by players who are 18+
Anyone else feel like the Nekos are having a Party up there? A Sexy Party?

datass.gif

In other news, I'll have a post up soon.

That JP is entirely optional. The mission can be completed without it. I will not confirm or deny any ... DJMoose's deviant ideas; only that I will be firm on the 18+. Only volunteer for it if you are sure that you will not complain about any thing.

Also, for the record, I don't have a problem with the JP, but it really depends on a) who Cyborg wants on it and b) when it is during the day. I'm at Eastern Time.

With regard to the upper floor, as a PA cannot fit I was thinking on having Ice send her recon drone up there. I'm assuming that will involve myself and Kevyn and Sigma for the joint post then (as Ice would relay to Phaedra what she is seeing). I know that Phaedra wouldn't let anyone out of their PA to go inspect it (as of yet, depending on what is up there I guess) so the drone is the way to go at the moment.

Wanted get a consensus before I post.

Sounds good to me. Though if we do have to get up there, why not just punch through the floor? Our suits all are flight capable to one degree or another, and we're all packing missiles.

Kevyn said:
Sounds good to me. Though if we do have to get up there, why not just punch through the floor? Our suits all are flight capable to one degree or another, and we're all packing missiles.
In addition to leaving the facility intact, we don't know what is up there. Could be slaves for all we know.

Demonblooded said:
Because the floor is handwavium shielded imagitanium. Only way to make sure the 18+ doesn't leak out.
:lol:

That's why I said if we had to get up there. I'm sure no one wants to try and clear out a sexy party in shirt-sleeves with sidearms. ;)

In truth, this is part of an experiment to see if its possible to run *Optional* side stuff off the Main Mission. I'm just making it 18+ so that there's no restrictions to hinder the experiment.

GM Posts will be up soon.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back