Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Just got a call from my mom, her dog just got hit by a car this morning. He didn't even make to a year old. I only saw him a few times, but he was the brightest puppy you could have asked for... Just letting you guys know that I might not be on the ball for posting for the next few days.

Sorry I have not been posting much lately. Right now I'm preparing for mid-term exams, so my posting might be sparse until the 18th. I'll try to post as often as possible, but like I said, it might be a few days before I can get back on.

Brett M said:
@Cyborg:

Does that mean I should edit/delete my post as well? It won't make sense now.

Nope. You are good to go. As Phaedra has entered the room you can have Stan enter as well. I just changed it to flow better.

Having issues with the map for the Cavaliers, hence why it's taking me so long to get a post up. Thank you for your patience.

Now don't get me wrong, knocking out the light infantry in one fell swoop is damn useful regardless; but a) aren't Mindy's flight capable? And b) wouldn't a mining elevator like that have emergency breaks to prevent just that sort of deadly accident?

Also, from that, can we assume that the side bays are deserted and we can form up with the rest of the squad? Or is that info getting posted later?

The NMX doesn't use Mindy armors.

Nope. You are good to go. As Phaedra has entered the room you can have Stan enter as well. I just changed it to flow better.

Alright, whew.

I've just been in roleplays elsewhere where somebody's changed a post and it's had a knock-on effect on everybody else.

I'll try to recap tonight at the very least, thanks for clearing it up! :)

I can officially declare that it is hitting the fan right now.

Henry & Leon are having massive trust issues over parasites and how a squad is run, meanwhile Phaedra's floundering and there's an elevator full of dead down there but are they Civvy or Enemy?

PS: Sigma, about the Newbies that haven't shown up and washed out - can we consider them Parasite'd and have Zyv shoot them?

I'm still here, I was waiting for LitD to post giving me orders, since I am pretty sure I didn't get the command to change channels. I could do it if you like. But I know that the other two haven't posted yet.

Whereas I was waiting for information on what sort of state the wounded was in and I just kind of assumed all marines were taught how to recognize an infected and would be informed of it if necessary... or am i being stupid?

Luca said:
PS: Sigma, about the Newbies that haven't shown up and washed out - can we consider them Parasite'd and have Zyv shoot them?

Give the word and it shall be done.

So if Kerr heard it over the radio, did Morris'S squads heard it too? I need to know to see if Lisa will have to shout or not. I hope she heard it :D

LitD said:
Whereas I was waiting for information on what sort of state the wounded was in and I just kind of assumed all marines were taught how to recognize an infected and would be informed of it if necessary... or am i being stupid?

Luca said:

Give the word and it shall be done.

I thought I answered you? I told you that he got hit by a mortar. I wasn't even aware that we were going the infected route until I read the post. Should we just continue onward so we, I don't get shot?

Ugh, clearly I am failing in multiple respects in my duties and posts. I will attempt to address all of these issues as swiftly as I can.

However, one thing I can answer is Kevyn's post. With regards to the Mindy units, those were formerly in wide-service with the NMX. Due to various mitigating factors (which I can explain via PM if you desire the details), they are not (at this OOC date) in wide service any more despite the fact that our thread is still happening when they would still be around in visible numbers. Confusing, I know.

Mission 5 takes place within the span of a few days during YE 34. However, due to our posting rate and OOC changes to factional things, it is now YE 35. We are, in effect, grandfathering a lot of things.

Luca and I will sort out what going on privately. Please do not feel that there is animosity or hostility between us. It is one of many miscommunications and faults that seems to have occurred on my part.

As for updated maps, I cannot promise new ones yet until I resolve the various outstanding issues. My apologies to all involved.

Ah, I see. That does actually clear things up a bit. So they were using Mindies before, then time has changed and they're piloting... the low cost Ripper suits? Or just generic light PA?

The Reaper is the power armor that humanoid NMX soldiers use.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back