• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Soyokaze A New Force (4.0)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bridge.

The Captain cringed as she watch the Hei spray the fake fire with the real suppressant. Whispering to the XO, "Damn that's going to make a mess..." Saeko shook her head and fought not to laugh at the mess.

Station 42

Joe and Auska watched the civilian leave the studio. Shrugging to each other, they continue to broadcast. The show was being turned on in a few different areas of the ship, as the head officers start turning it on, along with personal cabins of different crew members. All in all it wasn't a bad coverage for the first hour of the new show.

Sci lab

"I can see that. A good start, though maybe lower the heat a little and spray a hint of the hemosynth in there, might speed things up for you. I would hate for this experiment to take too long... This kind of science is desperately needed on this ship." Blake looked down at his hands, "here, I brought these to thank you for your help... with that nasty business..."

PA Bay

Misato looked over at Freyja, "What makes you think there was?" her eyes looked as if they were targeting lazors.

As it was a slap in the face, or a quick thought, Jei stopped shooting the flames and went wide eyed. The suppressant did absolutely nothing to the flames. He turned towards the rest of the command crew with a deadpan look then turned back towards his "handiwork" and muttered something halfway under his breath.

He looked back over towards the command crew again and seemed to say, "It would've worked, I guess." with his expression but he didn't say anything, just looked in a blank, confused manor. It hit him that he knew that he was going to be cleaning this up...

Science Lab

Blake's words made Chieko figure he may very well not be letting go of the suspicion. "I've designed it to work with as little help as possible, sir," she replied, "but what's in there is not the final set up."

The scientist then looked at what the Kodian had brought. "Hmm, those almost might pair well with what I'm hoping for," Chieko observed, before her eyebrows raised, "it is just a thank-you, right?"

PA bay

Freyja didn't believe in overkill, she had yet to see evidence it could exist. She also didn't believe looks could kill. But as she met Misato's laser like vision, she decided if looks could kill, that the results of that particular gaze would have in fact been overkill.

The red that colored her iris nearly entirely overtook her pupil in that moment of intense 'oh crap' that Misato's gaze induced. "I-er-uh..." Nonsense escaped her lips while she searched for an explanation that didn't result in her demise. She spoke up after a short moment with "J-just trying to make some idle chat!" while she raised her hands palm in an attempt to placate the angry cadet.

PA Bay

Misato shook her head, "Stop being so defensive. As far as I know there isn't any between Bors and me. We just join our first ship at the same time and worked with each other since. Read what you want into that." She smiled and did one more check over of her PA, before walking down th line to Freyja's "How is it doing?"

Sci Lab

Blake smiled and handed the flowers and the chocolates over the the Scientist. "That's up to you to decide, It can mean which ever you please." It was a good thing his fur hide his blush, or it would have been a bit easier for her to see through him.

Bridge

The flames did respond to the suppressant, (Of coarse it would have required an competent GM to have remembered to as that little bit into a post.) Seako saw him looking up at them and smiled pointing back at the mess, and the now dieing flames before him. She noted that the ship was drawing near to their arrival point. Turning to the XO, "Wrap this up and prep the bridge for dropping out of the jump."

PA Bay

Freyja gave a nervous half grin and answered with "The way you reacted made me think there was some sort of emberrasing first meeting of some kind..." The hei took the oppurtunity to finish the cleansing and maintenence check of the guass cannons. Sure they were not going to fail drastically when put into battle, she nodded to herself and started attatching it to the proper hardpoints.

Then Misato arrived, her query met with "O-oh, it's going fine, I mean I haven't really run into any problems." As Freyja finished attatching the first shoulder cannon, she considered painting the Mindy and possibly some favorite weapons for a brief moment before dismissing it. It wouldn't do to vandalize a supposedly unused armor yet, or maybe at all. Maybe when she had some actual experience using it, and if it wasn't against some rule she was as of yet unaware of.

Jei look back at the console to see the flames die before him, though leaving a large coating of suppressant covering the console. He smiled and spoke almost to himself, "I guess I should get a mop." He turned and walked back towards the weapons console to see if anything had changed in status, "What's the call on weapons, Chusa?" He didn't sit down as he was contemplating on actually getting a mop or not, weapons seemed important if needed.

Bridge

"Aye, skipper" Nenene replied to the captain, inputting the command to end he drill. All remaining volumetric flames and smoke flickered and vanished, leaving behind the mess from the extinguisher. She made a note to have Co2 extinguishers added, especially for when drills were called for.

Nenene then turned her attention to Jei, "Have all combat systems on standbye as per usual for FTL exit, please" she ordered, then to the pilot, "drop us to sub-light"

Meanwhile, Nenene directed the computer to unobtrusivly set the weapons to simulator mode on both the ship and all PA, though not inform the crew of this.

Last edited:
Jei nodded to the XO then checked his console. Weapons were still on standby and Power Armor station were reading normal. He preceded to walk back tot he storage area and preceded to get a mop and begin to clean the mess for the drill.

Every once and a while he would look towards the tactical console for any major differences in arrangement or color signalling something.

Bridge

The twins were both aware of the ongoing fire drill. Unfortunately, Herdis was rather busy keeping the ship from straying off course to their intended destination. She watched out of the corner of her eye as Jei used the fire extinguisher for real on fake flames. She snorted softly to herself, highly amused at this.

Aldis, on the other hand, was able to help with the other flames. She took another extinguisher and aimed it, but didn't make it active. Instead, she just went through the motions and remained calm, her features not showing anything for how Jei had used his for real. Once the drill was over, she put the unused extinguisher back and went to her sensors as they came out of hyperdrive.

Aldis reported, "All is clear. Only routine patrols as far as I can see."

Herdis added, "We are out of jump. All systems are green."

Both twins smile at each other, glad that their first jump in reality went so well.

Science Lab

Chieko raised an eyebrow at the Kodian before heaving a contrived sigh. "Hai, hai, Dai-Kuma-Chui," she smiled coyly, accepting the gifts, "I will let you know if this batch works out well enough."

Quarters

Elina took notice that the Soyokaze was back in normal space. She stood up and stretched and went through her usual routine exercises and stretches. Once that was done she left her quarters with a set of disks. Each was labeled wit her latest creations and songs and a bunch of other music disks she had picked up while on the station they had just left.

Station 42

Elina entered the room that held her little shipboard radio station. She nodded to those present and set the stack of disks on a nearby shelf next to her place at the console. she took note that a lot of her disks were still packed.

"Can you get one of the ship techs to place a shelf here on the wall to hold nothing but CD's?" Looking at the two still at their post. She looked at the playlist taking note that soon it would be time to set up another set of music to be played.

She looked at the inventory list of what she had and began to write out the next list of songs to prep for the next shift and one after that. Moving to the case and opened it up, Elina looked through the disks and pulling out the ones she had on her play list out and stacking them on the nearest flat surface.

The music was a smorgasbord of various genres, from classic to hard rock from across the known galaxy. This way, hopefully, the crew will find something they enjoy.

"Set up a request line where the crew can request their favorite songs. Whether we have it or not..." She shrugs, "..will make them feel important to what they listen to while on duty or not." Elina smiled at the two assigned to her.

After cleaning up as much as he possibly could while not wasting too much time, Jei returned to his duty station and meticulously began to cycle his personal tactical weapon displays and Power Armor bay read outs out of a slight boredom. Everything was working as well as intended and sitting at tactical in a non combatant situation was as useful as Jei thought it would have been.

He began to resent not either acting as helm or field control, but ironically was waiting patiently for everything to go to a combat operation.

YSS Tin Man
"Someone's rolling out of fold." Persimmon reported eagerly, rousing Lulu from the nap she'd been secretly taking. Not that is was a secret, just that everyone had basically ignored it. "It's the Soyokaze!"

Lulu wiped the sand from her eyes with a wide grin and sat bolt upright, turning her coffee mug upside down over her mouth to swill the rest of it before stowing the mug in the brown handbag hanging from one corner of her chair. "Alright, kids," She started, crossing her arms and cracking her neck with a great purpose about her, "Status on everything."

"She's proceeding normally, Taii, might've mistook us for a patrol." Persimmon replied, "Weapon systems are online, everything is good to go. Her IFF reports she's in simulation mode."

"The Casper is in position on the other side of Mevar," Reported the straight-laced comms officer to Lulu's rear, "We can't pick her up on sensors, so presumably neither can the Soyokaze."

"Sweet deal!" Lulu chimed, clapping her hands in excitement, "Alright, Hon-kun, activate the modified CFS. Riz, flatten us to the planet and keep us out of Aether range. Persimmon, prepare to start firing solid munitions at them on my mark."

As the bridge crew went to work, Lulu stood up and pressed her peaked cap down over her head with a look of hungry ferocity. She could sense the confidence that the Soyokaze might have to face such a small vessel like hers, and she intended to bathe in that confidence before filling up a bucket and pouring it right back on them.

"All hands, to battle stations!"

YSS Casper, the other slice of bread in the planet sandwich

Chui Yamatago Mite sucked in her lower lip as her comms officer reported Lulu's order to begin her descent. She brushed white and black hair behind her ears, stopping along the way to scratch at the fur on either side with a nervous look. Even then, she stuck a finger in her mouth and drew one ragged fang across the underside of a nail. What a risky, stupid maneuver it was. And how awful a fate, to be target-practice for a battleship. At least Lulu's plan kept her out of the fray to begin with, but still-- Oh what a terrible fate! Her career would certainly suffer, and then to be associated with Lulu of all people, the shame alone--

"Chui, your orders?" The helmswoman waved her hand at Mite, snapping her out of her daymare.

"Begin your descent, Tomotokei-hei." Mite snapped with as much suddenness as she could muster. "Prepare to fire the main thrusters on my command."

And so the Casper limply fell towards Mevar.

SPACE! The YSS Tin Man faces the Soyokaze with Planet Mevar framed behind her, a mouse taking a gallant stand against a mighty cat! But who's the mouse and who's the cat?

In her periphery, the Soyokaze's instruments picked up the comparatively tiny Plumeria-class gunship twisting to put it's underside against the planet's atmosphere, far out of Aether range. Flashes of railgun fire lit up the targeting computers as the tiny vessel peppered the mighty battleship with her solid munitions. A curious phenomenon occurred within her Combined Field System, as well. Instead of providing a screen of deflector shielding in the event that the Soyokaze replied with her own solid munitions, a rolling tractor field bubbled the tiny gunship-- sending all of the immediate planetary debris down to be burned away in the atmosphere before continuing to roll around the gunship, forming an artificial gravity well around her which, combined with Mevar's native gravity, proved to be quite powerful indeed. Perhaps powerful enough to redirect cannons?

Jei raised an eyebrow at what came up on his console feed, first he saw a gunship in the atmosphere of the nearby planet, then a large alert ran past it widening his eyes. He turned in his chair towards the XO and CO, "Incoming Fire from a gunship, Plumeria class! Orders?" Jei had absolutely no idea why a gunship of the Empire's own would fire upon them, except if it was a simulation, he didn't think about too much before tuning it out in favor of firing orders.

Soyokaze

Bridge.

Seako was pleased to see the patrol ship already engaging, but she needed to keep up the act for her crew. "Shit... XO Bring us into a planetary assault position above the base." She said quite loudly for all of the bridge crew. Followed up by opening the internal comms, "Crew of the Soyokaze, We are being attached by rouge SAOY forces... At lease one ship and possibly the planet's ground base has been taken. Prep a Ground assault team and get ready in one of the Assult ships." She closed the com. "Ise I want that ship blown out of my sky please." she asked almost conversationally of her XO.

PA Bay.

Misato heard the order she had been waiting for, and luckily it was a good excuse to put the current conversation on hold. Yelling at all of the ground team. Her Ground team now, "Get your asses in your PA and prepare for a atmo insertion, we are riding down in the Assault ship this time. GET A MOVE ON."

She smiled at Freyja and nodded, "You stick to my side as if you were glued there, Got it?"

Sci Lab

Blake smiled and laid the gifts on the counter, "If you like I could use some help down in the med bay, if you want some practice at triage." He knew it was a simulation and knew there would be 'martials ' walking the ship marking casualties and handing them Triage cards that would project wounds.

PA bay

The announcement of rouge forces caught Freyja completely off guard. She thought about how absurd the idea was for a moment, that maybe it was some sort of really bad joke before everyone sprang into action all around her. Freyja followed suit and followed orders, leaping to slap on the teleportation module before nodding back to Misato while moving to suit up.

"Y-yeah, will do." Sticking close to Misato would probably also mean being uncomfortably close to the front lines, but it was probably still going to be one of the safer places to be. She Looked away to remove the mind's helmet, and awaited its opening, quickly removing her holster, and other non skin tight clothes before backing up into the awaiting open cavity of the suit. She was glad she was wearing the body suit.

Station 42

Elina paused when she heard the announcement. She looked at the two crewman that was assigned to her. "We-we under at-attack?" Eyes widening, tensing up to flee. She shut off the equipment quickly. "Where's my spacesuit? The Escape pods!" Standing up, looking scared. "Do I get a pistol?" Eyeing the two that as with her, holstered weapons.

She scampered over to a case and dumped the disks out by turning the open case over, spilling out the neatly arranged disks all over the table and floor.

Science Lab

Chieko nodded in response to Blake, having also heard the announcement. "More bodies to count bodies always helps," she replied, recalling her experience at the field hospital years ago, "I can be ready in minutes, sir."

The scientist then worked on locking down the planter she had been setting up and the fermenting flask. She then moved the plant embryos to a prepared petri dish with an oddly opaque lid. Once the little white specs were moved, Chieko added the lid and flipped a switch on the top. The inside lit up slightly and the academic wrapped it up in tape before tossing it into her lab coat pocket.

Bridge

"Aye, skipper" Nenene replied to the orders, then turned to the bridge crew. "Helm, bring is into a proper position to deploy assault teams on the planet below" she commanded. as she brought up a series of new volumetric windows up around her, each detailing out various bits of information on the enemy warship and the base on the planet below"

Gunner, lock onto the hostile vessel and engage with main anti-starship batteries as soon as you have a targeting solution"

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back