Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Aeon Discussion

Sigma said:
Post edited. PM sent.

Now to wait for you guys to finish. This going to be a looong 25 minutes...

Glomps Sigma and all the other new people... Squee!!! ;3

“That would explain these Yamataians we made contact with. My examination of the female that... that Shina-Hei took back to the Aeon did reveal a metal something, I guess one of these devices, on her spinal column. Of course, there was no sign of explosives on the medical scans, but now that we know what to look for O'Kutsuu-Hei has detected traces in her prisoner.”

Also thanks Sean for mentioning this, hopefully Cowboy or Gustav san can help you ;3

Well it won't be Gustav, he's a scientist with a specialty in Linguists, he's not a medical person.

Why did Kame take the explosives off the Assault Team?

This poses a problem.

Edit: Also, the general mistakes Dusky usually makes in posts and Arkase is HEISHO not a Hei. Sergeant vs. Private, and a big difference.

As well, Arkase WOULD NOT have relinquished the detonators, and Kame WOULD NOT have had a chance to take them. Dusky, edit your post man. Don't just automatically take crap.

I'm not happy.

SSharp said:
Why did Kame take the explosives off the Assault Team?

This poses a problem.

Edit: Also, the general mistakes Dusky usually makes in posts and Arkase is HEISHO not a Hei. Sergeant vs. Private, and a big difference.

As well, Arkase WOULD NOT have relinquished the detonators, and Kame WOULD NOT have had a chance to take them. Dusky, edit your post man. Don't just automatically take crap.

I'm not happy.

Oh.... The way I was read some of the your and Sean's posts, I thought Trowa (Cowboy) had the explosives and he was someone who was told to say with the Shoi. I was sure that Sean would need explosives but ... whatever <_<; .

edit: Ok removed the take of explosives.

Nashoba, I was wondering should I just go to work helping the people fabricating the medical stuff or should I wait for a response from you? Yoshiro was asking about someone to talk to about getting assigned a job but I don't understand the procedure for that.

In this case, you can just go ahead and post, they are manufacturing Automated Medical Treatment Center (AMTC) units for the ship

I personally don't like fourth-wall breaking IC references in a realistic plot, such as the Aeon. It breaks up the flow of the RP, to my mind. Still, the description of the turrets is fine, except for the bit about proton shields. I know you lifted most of the description from the star wars page, and it does mention a proton shield there. However, as far as I can find, there is no such thing as a proton shield in SARP. A small edit should suffice to fix that.

Sean_ODuibher said:
I personally don't like fourth-wall breaking IC references in a realistic plot, such as the Aeon. It breaks up the flow of the RP, to my mind. Still, the description of the turrets is fine, except for the bit about proton shields. I know you lifted most of the description from the star wars page, and it does mention a proton shield there. However, as far as I can find, there is no such thing as a proton shield in SARP. A small edit should suffice to fix that.

Sorry, most of my last post have been references and allusions to different video games or movies. I'll try to be more subtle with my IC references.

Quick check though, if Kame said the word "Blitzkreg", "lightening war", "covering barrage", Sturmmann tatics, shock troop would Heisho and the other troops know what she meant?

You know this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormtrooper.

I am not sure how to phrase my reply to SSharp in a SARP way that he will get that Kame going to be throwing grenades so far in front of them and out of the way that they will provide covering fire.

----

Also fixed some of the mistakes from yesterdays post especially accidently calling Arkanse a girl

One point of correction folks, the Standard Power Armor on the Aeon is Mindy 2-3A's.

While there are Daisy's in the cargo hold, they are packed up for storage and scheduled to be removed in the future.

Erm. Nash, you're the GM, but Arkase ordered everyone into Daisys for the ground mission way back before it started I believe.

Ok, so he pulled them out of the Cargo bay. I wondered why folks were not using the proper armor. NP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back